Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

39 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Royal has drink vouchers and Diamond Lounges which are quite popular on their ships.  There would be an uproar if they did away with the lounges.  Whether you believe they are dingy or not.

I like your dog!

14 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It is presumptuous of you to tell people to move to the next topic. Anyone can comment if they think it is dumb, a violation of privacy or a wonderful program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a suggestion to keep their blood pressure down.  I did not tell people to do it.  Comment away.

• Like 4

I really do not see this Power Up Points publicity play by Celebrity as diluting points or significantly increasing the number of Es, E+s, etc. 

I've had 200 points worth of cruises cancelled so far, and expect that another 150 points worth of October cruises will be cancelled soon. My 90 points worth of Aus/NZ/SoPac cruises in early 2021 will almost certainly go down the tubes as well. I've (probably) earned 2 points by doing a survey. 

I'm confident that regular Celebrity cruisers, those who would be reaching E or E+ during this time, are not earning more points by taking surveys or posting to social media than they would be if they were actually cruising. So far, it looks like they can earn a maximum of 2 points a week (equivalent to one night in an inside cabin). 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe they should award a power point for each day you have to wait for your refund?

2 cancelled cruises * 90 days each = 180 power points = 18 CC points == 1 day sailing in a PH suite!

Love this idea...
Still waiting on part of our refund - Celebrity Eclipse 03/15/20

We are now beyond 90 Days...

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Maybe they should award a power point for each day you have to wait for your refund?

2 cancelled cruises * 90 days each = 180 power points = 18 CC points == 1 day sailing in a PH suite!

Great idea!   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 2:40 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Actually, I'd rather be sailing in the PH as I was scheduled to do in August.  By the time I get done fighting with Celebrity about refunds for cancelled April & May cruises, I think they will owe me a free cruise.  It has not been a pleasant experience, to put it politely.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Actually, I'd rather be sailing in the PH as I was scheduled to do in August.  By the time I get done fighting with Celebrity about refunds for cancelled April & May cruises, I think they will owe me a free cruise.  It has not been a pleasant experience, to put it politely.

Covid-19 has not been a pleasant experience for many. I've personally known people who have been very ill with it (and not old people either).  And three people who have died from it.  My holiday plans have been messed with. Four trips this year have gone. I should be in Taiwan today for my first day there. I'm waiting for money too. I remain philosophical. I have to be. 

Phil 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Covid-19 has not been a pleasant experience for many. . I remain philosophical. I have to be. 

.Phil 

Hang in there Phil.  😊

• Like 2

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Covid-19 has not been a pleasant experience for many. I've personally known people who have been very ill with it (and not old people either).  And three people who have died from it.  My holiday plans have been messed with. Four trips this year have gone. I should be in Taiwan today for my first day there. I'm waiting for money too. I remain philosophical. I have to be. 

Phil 

Well, for Celebrity to claim that the refund of my deposits for those August cruises was part of the refunds for my April and May cruises is outright fraud as far as I'm concerned.  If their accounting department can't figure out what the refunds are for, what hope is there for us poor ordinary customers?  It shouldn't be this difficult, Covid-19 or no Covid-19.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

I was more referencing those who talked of moving to Zenith from Elite Plus.  This promo isn’t going to help much. I’m guessing those people cruise enough not to have to worry about power up points.  

Phil

We will take any points we can get.  We were on on the way to make Zenith in early 2022 but 60 days of cruising cancelled so far this year means it will be more like 2024. 

20 hours ago, jelayne said:

We will take any points we can get.  We were on on the way to make Zenith in early 2022 but 60 days of cruising cancelled so far this year means it will be more like 2024. 

Well, jeleyne, at least you can see a way to get there...hope you do!  I will never make it, but I have sure saved a lot of travel dollars the last three months that I can pay for my next three cruises, along with 1/2 of number 4. 

Just got an email from celebrity introducing Power Up Points. You can earn these points by doing non-sailing activities like survey, social media activities etc. 10 Power Up Points = 1 Club Point. 

Not sure how many activities will they be launching to earn these points but sounds like a great way to increase your membership tier.

What do you guys think about this?

New Activity today!  easy peasy 1 pt 🌻

Another survey - three questions with radio buttons. 

In 3 activities, I have earned 5 points which are 2 1/2 nights in Inside/Oceanview OR 1 night CC/AQ. 

Not bad for minimal effort and no $

• Like 2

Today's was super easy. I've picked up 5 CC points since the start, so why not participate. I can understand why some people may have been uncomfortable about the 2nd social media post. People can pick and choose which tasks to complete. I think it's smart of Celebrity to keep past cruisers thinking of their product in a positive light.

Edited by kathynorth
  • Like 1