Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

57 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

They are going to make us cruise to earn Club Points?

And I suspect that the mysterious Spa email would require booking spa services to get the PowerUp points.  I guess the 'free lunch' for points is over.

[PS - please don't explain to me that 'there is no free lunch.'  I understand the concept.  Also the idiom.]

13 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And I suspect that the mysterious Spa email would require booking spa services to get the PowerUp points.  I guess the 'free lunch' for points is over.

[PS - please don't explain to me that 'there is no free lunch.'  I understand the concept.  Also the idiom.]

This, of course, deviates from their original premise for PUPs: All you have to do is participate in fun activities, like surveys and social media contests, and you’ll keep earning points from the comfort of your living room.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The “Spa” email was not connected to the PUP program.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 minute ago, HskrCrsr said:

This, of course, deviates from their original premise for PUPs: All you have to do is participate in fun activities, like surveys and social media contests, and you’ll keep earning points from the comfort of your living room.

If X is going to ask people to book and cruise this summer for PUP's, I think they should award them to anyone who's already got a booking for this summer and just waiting to get on board. 😉

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

And I suspect that the mysterious Spa email would require booking spa services to get the PowerUp points.

I wonder if those who received the Spa email are members who already have a cruise booked?  They would be the only ones who could book spa services for PUPs.  I don't have a future Celebrity cruise booked and I didn't get the email.

Just now, islandwoman said:

I wonder if those who received the Spa email are members who already have a cruise booked?  They would be the only ones who could book spa services for PUPs.  I don't have a future Celebrity cruise booked and I didn't get the email.

Interesting, we were already booked on Beyond.

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

This type of promotion suggests that bookings for the Millennium out of St Maarten might not be that strong. 

I just read from TPG that Royal canceled all Bermuda sailings this summer because sales were slow and more focus was being placed on possible US departures starting back up.  If they make that decision for St Maarten sailings it will create a lot of bad PR  

Royal Caribbean scuttles plans for comeback cruises out of Bermuda (thepointsguy.com)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, islandwoman said:

Interesting thought. 

I have future sailings booked and I received the email referencing PUP.

5 hours ago, islandwoman said:

I have future sailings booked and did not get the PUP email (unfortunately; I just need 30 little PUPs...)

Last 2 chances ( month of May) to earn PUP's, both were tied to booking a cruise.  As mentioned earlier, PUP's, I thought, were to keep us engaged till Celebrity started sailing again.  

Hope Celebrity changes this strategy.  Not planning to book a cruise for PUP's that are tied to actually cruising.  That sounds kind like the double club points promotion, again, not what my idea of PUP's were for.

We have all been hanging tight with Celebrity and would like some fun activities to earn PUP's without booking a cruise to earn a few more CC points.

Time will tell.  Hope everyone has a great week-end!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Last 2 chances ( month of May) to earn PUP's, both were tied to booking a cruise.  As mentioned earlier, PUP's, I thought, were to keep us engaged till Celebrity started sailing again.  

Hope Celebrity changes this strategy.  Not planning to book a cruise for PUP's that are tied to actually cruising.  That sounds kind like the double club points promotion, again, not what my idea of PUP's were for.

We have all been hanging tight with Celebrity and would like some fun activities to earn PUP's without booking a cruise to earn a few more CC points.

Time will tell.  Hope everyone has a great week-end!

Especially annoying when the offer is for a cruise that you've already booked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

And they are sailing again – or close to it – so now they want us to book cruises.  That is the business they're in, after all...

On 5/21/2021 at 8:10 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

And they are sailing again – or close to it – so now they want us to book cruises.  That is the business they're in, after all...

close, but not there as of yet.

Edited by shipshape sam

I watched and also saw nothing about PUP's. I wonder if those that were logged into YouTube or Google were noted? Or if you asked questions? Or maybe there will be a follow-up email/quiz? Or nothing?

Also can't say I cared much for the presentation. Not my cup of tea. And I don't drink tea.

25 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

I watched and also saw nothing about PUP's. I wonder if those that were logged into YouTube or Google were noted? Or if you asked questions? Or maybe there will be a follow-up email/quiz? Or nothing?

Also can't say I cared much for the presentation. Not my cup of tea. And I don't drink tea.

I chose not to watch it as it was 15 minutes into the presentation by the time I opened the email.  What did you not like?  Thanks for the chuckle in your last sentence.

Edited by TeaBag