Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

20 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That sounds about right.  I checked today for the first time.   I didn't do any of the social media ones and I didn't buy a cruise and managed to get 41 points.  I was surprised it was that much.

Same here - 41 points, no social media ones and no booking another cruise (since I have too many that were lift & shifted).  Since I keep track on a spreadsheet of cruises, it was easy to figure out.

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

Do you suppose people consider that cheating?

I don't know but since I was Elite Plus before PUP and will still need 2094 points to get to Zenith, something that will never happen I am doing some of the PUP activities, the quizes and the like as something to do, no expectation of reaching a higher tier.

• Haha 1

Thank you for posting.  I opened the newsletter and thought it was all about sailings, never scrolled to the bottom and totally missed the quiz.  Thanks to you all, I now have 4 more points!!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

How do people think the Power Up Points Promotion will end?  Will there be a special final PUP activity or will it just end?  

It will be like an end of year test. A sampling of all the past PUP questions.🤣

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Or they will have to read through 300 pages of this thread.

Celebrity will request CC lock down the thread prior to the final PUP exam and anyone caught postings answers will have their CC tier level changed to "preview". 😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

How do people think the Power Up Points Promotion will end?  Will there be a special final PUP activity or will it just end?  

It will go on forever....

However, all future cruise bookings will include (within the price) not only drinks, tips and wifi, but also laundry, gelato, and every other perk currently within the higher levels of Captains Club...The new Captain's club perks will be:

Elite:  A gold star on your booking invoice.

Elite Plus:  A gold star and a recorded welcome message on your cabin phone.

Zenith:, A gold Star, a recorded message and, when booking an inside cabin, a one category upgrade from a Deck Two inside to Deck 3, if available, on selected sailings only.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

If you don't read the newsletter emails this PUP opportunity would be easily be overlooked. I didn't even notice when I got the email because I skimmed it  and did not read the email to the bottom. Reading this thread is what  brought  the quiz it to my attention. 

Same for me.  CC is great!

On 5/29/2021 at 6:36 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Has anyone been keeping track of how many PUP points have been available?

I just went back through my emails and added up all of the opportunities, and so far there have been 25 free (non-booking) activities offered for a total of 61 points. There have also been six times where they awarded points for specific booking activity. This would be another 48 points if you did all of them to the max (a few times, this would have required booking a suite). Lastly, I received an offer to get 5 points for booking spa appointments and 2 points for buying a photo package on an upcoming booking (which was subsequently suspended). Not sure if that was a one booking per passenger type of offer or not. But in theory, you could have earned 116 points total so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oneidealvacation said:

I just went back through my emails and added up all of the opportunities, and so far there have been 25 free (non-booking) activities offered for a total of 61 points. There have also been six times where they awarded points for specific booking activity. This would be another 48 points if you did all of them to the max (a few times, this would have required booking a suite). Lastly, I received an offer to get 5 points for booking spa appointments and 2 points for buying a photo package on an upcoming booking (which was subsequently suspended). Not sure if that was a one booking per passenger type of offer or not. But in theory, you could have earned 116 points total so far.

Thanks

Would be interesting to know how many people participated in PUP.  Some PUP activities were easy, some more involved like the reverse steak.  I enjoyed doing that one and the steak was delicious!

Did not do any PUP's with booking attached and I ended up with 56 points.  A few seemed to be random extras points added, but I am glad they gave them to me.  Also glad for PUP opportunity.  Celebrity too was a clear winner in this with a lot of marketing info gained and  I am sure bookings.

We did book a cruise that was under a double Captains Club points promotion, but our sailing is in December and if it is canceled which is looking less likely  now that CDC had released the choke hold on the industry, we would lose those extra points.

I enjoyed learning about various destinations, some early on were lacking in presentation format, but info was good.  We want to go back to Alaska again based on the Alaska presentation and just sailed with Celebrity to Alaska in August 2019.  

Wishing everyone a reflective Memorial Day.

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Would be interesting to know how many people participated in PUP.  Some PUP activities were easy, some more involved like the reverse steak.  I enjoyed doing that one and the steak was delicious!

Did not do any PUP's with booking attached and I ended up with 56 points.  A few seemed to be random extras points added, but I am glad they gave them to me.  Also glad for PUP opportunity.  Celebrity too was a clear winner in this with a lot of marketing info gained and  I am sure bookings.

We did book a cruise that was under a double Captains Club points promotion, but our sailing is in December and if it is canceled which is looking less likely  now that CDC had released the choke hold on the industry, we would lose those extra points.

I enjoyed learning about various destinations, some early on were lacking in presentation format, but info was good.  We want to go back to Alaska again based on the Alaska presentation and just sailed with Celebrity to Alaska in August 2019.  

Wishing everyone a reflective Memorial Day.

We don't have accurate statistics, but one of the Celebrity (X) communications awhile back alluded to "Thousands". Many of the early video PUP opportunities were full before X upped their server game. 

Clearly the PUP program accomplished it's marketing goal of engaging people in the brand. That also translated into bookings. The Double Point offers not only translated into bookings but in many cases room upgrades to higher point value rooms. 

For example, we booked 7 cruises that fell under the Double Point offer (2 unfortunately were cancelled but we replace them with another). We also booked many as CS instead of S1, particularly as the cost of the upgrade wasn't as high as it usually is. As a result, when the dust settles we'll be Zenith. 

Note - in spite of some folks claiming Zenith has diminished value, we still think it's worth it. Also, X has stated that once we get past the Pandemic they'll be re-enriching the top tiers.

In the past, we wanted Zenith for primarily for access to Michael's Club (now the Retreat Lounge) if we stayed in a non-suite room, but that benefit was removed during the pandemic. However, having started staying in Suites, we won't now book in a lower class cabin. 

I had a difficult time with this quiz as well.  I watched the video, read about the ship and still couldn't pass the test.  I thought the answer for spa treatments would be 130, as the video and on line info stated there were more than 120 spa treatments at the spa, yet they want 120 as the number of spa treatments.  As for the number of women  in the women of wellness group, the written info names 6 women, not including Gwyneth.  There is no way the answer should be five!  I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out the quiz!  Thank goodness for this forum!  I'm hoping to receive 8 points by February, so that I can make it to Select, since we're new to Celebrity and RCCL.  Thanks for your help!!

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Read some of the threads on the restart cruise requirements.  Clear concise communication is not Celebrity's strong point.

The stuff you read from them is authored by Sales, Marketing, and Public Relations people. Those professions represent the antithesis of clear, concise, accurate information. 

2 hours ago, Beth223 said:

I had a difficult time with this quiz as well.  I watched the video, read about the ship and still couldn't pass the test.  I thought the answer for spa treatments would be 130, as the video and on line info stated there were more than 120 spa treatments at the spa, yet they want 120 as the number of spa treatments.  As for the number of women  in the women of wellness group, the written info names 6 women, not including Gwyneth.  There is no way the answer should be five!  I spent about 3 hours trying to figure out the quiz!  Thank goodness for this forum!  I'm hoping to receive 8 points by February, so that I can make it to Select, since we're new to Celebrity and RCCL.  Thanks for your help!!

There are 5 on the panel.  They even showed a picture of the 5 super imposed together.  I agree that they mention Gwyneth in the same discussion, but she is the (spa ambassador?) not on the panel as I understand it. 

They mention there were over 120 spa treatment, not over 130 as I recall.

Wishing  that you get to your next level with PUP's!!!

7 hours ago, RaptorBill said:

We don't have accurate statistics, but one of the Celebrity (X) communications awhile back alluded to "Thousands". Many of the early video PUP opportunities were full before X upped their server game. 

Clearly the PUP program accomplished it's marketing goal of engaging people in the brand. That also translated into bookings. The Double Point offers not only translated into bookings but in many cases room upgrades to higher point value rooms. 

For example, we booked 7 cruises that fell under the Double Point offer (2 unfortunately were cancelled but we replace them with another). We also booked many as CS instead of S1, particularly as the cost of the upgrade wasn't as high as it usually is. As a result, when the dust settles we'll be Zenith. 

Note - in spite of some folks claiming Zenith has diminished value, we still think it's worth it. Also, X has stated that once we get past the Pandemic they'll be re-enriching the top tiers.

In the past, we wanted Zenith for primarily for access to Michael's Club (now the Retreat Lounge) if we stayed in a non-suite room, but that benefit was removed during the pandemic. However, having started staying in Suites, we won't now book in a lower class cabin. 

Reaching Zenith will be a great milestone for you.  I would agree with you and look at reaching Zenith as what it means to YOU!!!  We can only dream.  It will never happen for us as we have too many other things/places to do/see including a great beach house on FL's NW gulf coast that we  go to many times  each year.

We still plan to sail as much as possible and Celebrity is our first choice as long as it is competitive in price, has a great itenerary and we are able to go.  Actually did a Carnival cruise in spring of 2019 to Key West and Havana.  We are so glad we got to do that itinerary.

Edited by shipshape sam