Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

13 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

There are 5 on the panel.  They even showed a picture of the 5 super imposed together.  I agree that they mention Gwyneth in the same discussion, but she is the (spa ambassador?) not on the panel as I understand it. 

They mention there were over 120 spa treatment, not over 130 as I recall.

Wishing  that you get to your next level with PUP's!!!

The quiz asked “HOW MANY” while the video stated over 120.  They did make it a little confusion.

12 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The quiz asked “HOW MANY” while the video stated over 120.  They did make it a little confusion.

Based on the video, what other number would you put, 130?  

The question. How many spa treatments are there?   Over 120 is the only number they reference as I recall.  I agree it was/is confusing.

14 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

There are 5 on the panel.  They even showed a picture of the 5 super imposed together.  I agree that they mention Gwyneth in the same discussion, but she is the (spa ambassador?) not on the panel as I understand it. 

They mention there were over 120 spa treatment, not over 130 as I recall.

Wishing  that you get to your next level with PUP's!!!

There are 6 on the panel. Celebrity even describe it on their page:

Luxury Onboard Spa for the Perfect Spa Day | Celebrity Cruises

Gwyneth is not part of the 6. However, Kiki Koroshetz from her group is, and she even appears in the video as with all the other members of the panel, as you'd expect of an equal representation of all of them.

The only exception with 5 is one picture in the video when obviously the photo editor either accidentally dropped one, or maybe took an earlier edit before the 6th picture was available. And obviously the 'quiz' writer just watches the video, making questions up as they go from that. Unfortunately for anyone who read their other material or details who knew the right information, the quiz required the wrong answer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

There are 6 on the panel. Celebrity even describe it on their page:

Luxury Onboard Spa for the Perfect Spa Day | Celebrity Cruises

Gwyneth is not part of the 6. However, Kiki Koroshetz from her group is, and she even appears in the video as with all the other members of the panel, as you'd expect of an equal representation of all of them.

The only exception with 5 is one picture in the video when obviously the photo editor either accidentally dropped one, or maybe took an earlier edit before the 6th picture was available. And obviously the 'quiz' writer just watches the video, making questions up as they go from that. Unfortunately for anyone who read their other material or details who knew the right information, the quiz required the wrong answer.

As I recall you were to watch the video and take the quiz.  Will watch youtube again.

Edited by shipshape sam

That was the only question I got wrong first time around because I was searching the web site rather than the video, so I assumed 6 women in wellness. I wouldn't have posted the answers if it weren't for the unnecessarily confusing nature of some of the questions. 

As for people calling it cheating... really? If people are genuinely interested in the topics they will watch the videos regardless. Using a gimmick of tiny amounts of PUPs to get them watching is pretty lame. Many people don't have the time on their hands to try and unscramble their poorly worded questions. 

Edited by BulldustHHH
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

That was the only question I got wrong first time around because I was searching the web site rather than the video, so I assumed 6 women in wellness. I wouldn't have posted the answers if it weren't for the unnecessarily confusing nature of some of the questions. 

As for people calling it cheating... really? If people are genuinely interested in the topics they will watch the videos regardless. Using a gimmick of tiny amounts of PUPs to get them watching is pretty lame. Many people don't have the time on their hands to try and unscramble their poorly worded questions. 

I agree 100%.   Thanks for your help in deciphering Celebrity’s questions and answers. 

BTW,  I think Celebrity got the attention they wanted.  We all know more about the Women of Wellness and spa treatments than we ever wanted to know.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I agree 100%.   Thanks for your help in deciphering Celebrity’s questions and answers. 

BTW,  I think Celebrity got the attention they wanted.  We all know more about the Women of Wellness and spa treatments than we ever wanted to know.

For sure on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, takenabreak said:

I signed up for the power up points but I am not receiving the emails to participate. Is there someplace on their website I can find this one?

Good luck! There are quite a few of us who keep trying, and trying, and trying to get on the PUP email list. We get TONS  of other marketing emails from Celebrity, but not the PUP ones. Hubby got the first two PUP emails, then they stopped, for no apparent reason.

Thus, I am extremely grateful to the kind people who post links in this thread, enabling us to get at least some of the points. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/2/2021 at 9:10 PM, MamaFej said:

Good luck! There are quite a few of us who keep trying, and trying, and trying to get on the PUP email list. We get TONS  of other marketing emails from Celebrity, but not the PUP ones. Hubby got the first two PUP emails, then they stopped, for no apparent reason.

Thus, I am extremely grateful to the kind people who post links in this thread, enabling us to get at least some of the points. 

It took me many tries to finally start getting the PUP emails.  And now I get 5 (count 'em – 5 !!!) copies of every other marketing email [plus 2 texts].  Be careful what you pray for – I was better off getting the tip-offs on this thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just received the latest Power Up email.  Another social media one similar to the steak recipe.  This time they want a social media post of me participating in one of the “wellness activities” from the Apex debut.  Drink a goop smoothie, a fitness challenge, guided meditation, or a breathing exercise.  I don’t think anyone needs to see me doing any of those things.  

I have done pretty well with the Power Up opportunities so far and have received about 50 points, much more than I thought I would have earned for free, but this is just not worth the three Captains Club points.  (Only about 40 more to reach Elite 😄.

49 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Deleted. CC is far as I venture into the social media world. 

Same here. And I really don't consider discussion forums like this as social media. I've been using these types of information exchange (discussion forums) in both a professional and personal manner for nigh onto 40+ years now. To me Social Media World is the facebook, instagram, twitter, snapchat etc. where you share aspects of your life (sometimes too much of your life) with friends, neighbors and even total strangers. 

Edited by drowelf

If you don't use Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter on a regular basis or have an login, it's worth creating one, not spending any time on it, not posting anything else, or "Friend"ing or "Following" anyone else, just to get the points.

If you don't enter any personal information, your privacy is still fine (not that you likely have any these days anyway). 

We're doing the "Guided Meditation" pictures too. How hard is it to post a picture of yourself, sitting in a chair or on a sofa, with your eyes closed?

35 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I just Instagramed a selfie of myself sitting on the sofa with my eyes closed being "mindful".  Easy peasy.

And for the record, I did actually do the breathing exercises, which was easy, brief, and kind of relaxing, actually.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RaptorBill said:

If you don't use Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter on a regular basis or have an login, it's worth creating one, not spending any time on it, not posting anything else, or "Friend"ing or "Following" anyone else, just to get the points.

If you don't enter any personal information, your privacy is still fine (not that you likely have any these days anyway). 

We're doing the "Guided Meditation" pictures too. How hard is it to post a picture of yourself, sitting in a chair or on a sofa, with your eyes closed?

Privacy does NOT exist on FB, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok or any other of that nonsense, regardless of how you set up your profile.  Now please come to Scottsdale my ocean front vacation home is on the market.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stockjock said:

And for the record, I did actually do the breathing exercises, which was easy, brief, and kind of relaxing, actually.

Yes, We've done those before as part of stretch & yoga sessions. We'll probably do those too. With the guided meditation, we've done that as well, but I almost always fall asleep if I'm not sitting up!

And to answer LGW59, Those social media sites only can disclose what you tell them when you enroll. You can also hide your profile, turn off their emails, etc. Just don't share the password you use with anything else! (we use a Password manager: Lastpass with unique passwords for every site like (not actually once of ours): "gc866Qn4jgzX^%UAm2CF"

As far as privacy is concerned, you don't have any. Period. Unless you are totally off the grid, have no home, job, utilities, bank account(s), credit card(s), passport, drivers license, car registration(s), or any other items of public record (you were born and have a birth certificate don't you?).

I refer you further to a quote from Sun Microsystems (now defunct) CEO Scott McNealy back in January 1999: "You have zero privacy anyway, get over it!".
see: https://www.wired.com/1999/01/sun-on-privacy-get-over-it/

This was long before the social media sites came online and made things demonstrably worse. 

Background: I retired from high tech and financial services in 2004. I used to consult to financial services institutions on security, privacy, and using the Internet for business. I wrote security policies for a number of major banks. That's one reason why I now stick with our Credit Union!

Cheers!
Bill 

• Like 1

I agree about the social media Power Ups.  Do people really make the Facebook pages public just to get 3 day points on the loyalty program?  I'm too afraid of making my personal information public.

I love the ones where you  just get to read through information, and watch videos, and answer the questions.  They seem safer.

I was disappointed as I deleted the email this morning.

Tom