Port canaveral sailings

I booked a cruise for March 14 2021 on harmony of the seas. I booked an ocean view balcony stateroom. The price with balcony savings, 30% savings and 2021 kicker. Comes out to $2833.46.

i priced it out today and the price under the new sale is around $500 more. 

can someone explain to me why cruises from port canaveral are so expensive?

every sale royal puts out the price keeps going up. And cruises from Miami and ft lauderdale have price drops and great deals. 

Im really trying to figure out why. 

4 minutes ago, mommao729 said:

I booked a cruise for March 14 2021 on harmony of the seas. I booked an ocean view balcony stateroom. The price with balcony savings, 30% savings and 2021 kicker. Comes out to $2833.46.

every sale royal puts out the price keeps going up. And cruises from Miami and ft lauderdale have price drops and great deals. 

Spring break week for two major Florida Universities in the vicinity of port canaveral (UF and UCF)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mommao729 said:

Only compare Harmony to Symphony as they are similarly priced.  Don’t try to compare Harmony to Oasis or Allure.

• Like 1

We're booked on that cruise. It's Ontario March break. We booked awhile ago but I have noticed that even insides are quite pricey.

On the good side, there were some very good cruise planner sales last week.  Wait another week or two, I'm sure the sale will be back 

10 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

On the good side, there were some very good cruise planner sales last week.  Wait another week or two, I'm sure the sale will be back 

The current sale started in May, 2014 and I'm not sure it ever went away - it just keeps mutating in perpetuity.😷

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a totally awesome port😉

It is awesome !! ...We day ported there last year on our Snowbird Migration cruise. We were booked to cruise out of there May 2020 but that was cancelled and so I did a L/S but now out of POM for May 2021 (hoping that's a go)...A bit disappointed but it's what worked out for our extended family for this particular cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

We booked Harmony for Nov.14 2021 and pd 385.00  per person for balcony gty. Current price is 1372.00 per person. OUCH.

We did too! That was a remarkable deal!  I think ours was $337 pp for the balcony gty.  

4 hours ago, mrpayroll said:

We booked Harmony for Nov.14 2021 and pd 385.00  per person for balcony gty. Current price is 1372.00 per person. OUCH.

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

We did too! That was a remarkable deal!  I think ours was $337 pp for the balcony gty.  

I hope you get to go

18 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Boy I sure hope Royal is cruising by Nov 21 or I’m afraid there won’t be a Royal Caribbean.  😩.  

My bad, I just saw November. 

We get off that day

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

My bad, I just saw November. 

We get off that day

Sadly we aren't cruising Nov 1, 2020  :classic_sad: (0r at least I won't because I did the L&S to Nov 28, 2021).  IF by some quirk of fate RCI decides to resume in Nov,  we'll rebook somehow :classic_biggrin:

On 7/27/2020 at 4:22 PM, mommao729 said:

I booked a cruise for March 14 2021 on harmony of the seas. I booked an ocean view balcony stateroom. The price with balcony savings, 30% savings and 2021 kicker. Comes out to $2833.46. i priced it out today and the price under the new sale is around $500 more. can someone explain to me why cruises from port canaveral are so expensive? every sale royal puts out the price keeps going up. And cruises from Miami and ft lauderdale have price drops and great deals. Im really trying to figure out why. 

Supply and demand. More demand, higher prices. It is an awful port (too far from airports). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Supply and demand. More demand, higher prices. It is an awful port (too far from airports). 

It is a good port for those who live in the SE but NOT Florida.   We are in SC and can drive to Port Canaveral in 7 or 8 hours.   The extra drive to Fort Lauderdale or Miami is  harder.    Few direct flights and high airfare makes driving to port  preferred.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Believe what you want, but that's a falacy.  I drive back and forth weekly and can do it in 35 minutes even with the high speed rail construction going on. Plus once you are at the port you're done. I've honestly spent 20 minutes getting from the PE gate to T18 on more than 1 occasion😉

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

It is a good port for those who live in the SE but NOT Florida.   We are in SC and can drive to Port Canaveral in 7 or 8 hours.   The extra drive to Fort Lauderdale or Miami is  harder.    Few direct flights and high airfare makes driving to port  preferred.

Live in the SE but NOT Florida. 🤔

No idea what you mean by that. More Floridians live closer to PC than PE or Miami

I find Orlando flights quite reasonable and tons of direct international flights as well. It is the gateway to the happiest place on earth.  And the busiest airport in Florida. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tee & Chilli said:

I think the poster meant Port Canaveral is easier for those living in the SE United States (Georgia or South Carolina).

Absolutely, tons of drive in. That's how we ended up here a lot. 8 hour drive from Atlanta. 

I just don't understand NOT Florida.

Since PC is central Florida, everyone in S Florida is within 3+ hours of PC. S Florida loses that customer base once you pass Orlando