Favorite music acts on rccl over the years?

We love rccl entertainment and have seen many great acts, some 30 years ago we saw both Al Martino who sang The Godfather theme and Oscar winner Red Buttons , saw Captain and Tennile a couple of times , even many of there lounge acts and piano players were excellent. 

• Like 1

Took me awhile to remember this name.

Joyce Kuo - singer/guitarist

She was the lead guitar for "We Will Rock You" on Anthem and would play acoustic sets in the Schooner Bar.

The girl could play!  Great sets at the Schooner. Great, dry sense of humor.  She performed on the last night of her contract at the time and was heading home for vacation. Someone in the lounge asked her if she would miss the ship. I still remember her answer, "Yeah, I will; but a girl has to shop, right."

I enjoyed Cats, Grease, Mama Mia, Columbus, etc. Also the ice shows and aqua theatre shows were spectacular. This short video of RCI's production studios at Florida International University is very interesting as it shows the enormous amount of work involved in producing these shows.  I had no idea.  It's sad that all of these has come to a screeching halt.

• Like 1

The guitar player in the bar lounge and in the mall on the Liberty out of Galveston.  Can't remember his name but he is fabulous!  Can play anything you request "Flamingo" style.  Sure do miss our cruises!    

• Like 1

I cant even remember who it was now, but someone very famous in his time appeared with his wife, and also walked around the ship and visited with people freely. Was a big treat. Someone old, like in his 70s.

Also a very good pianoist one time. Just sometimes they surprise you with some really famous unexpected. Enjoyed the shows. Saw hair on both oasis cruises, guess too close together, not cats. The show on oasis like circus d whatever in Vegas was very good and I loved the diving shows. 

Carnival went to Cannes music and those in shows have to sing and dance both. I've heard more than one off key and I dont even have a keen ar to hear they were off key. Carnival used to have orchestra and solo singers who didnt also have to dance. Shows hardly worth going now on carnival but rcl were still good last time ... though who can predict cruising shows in the future

There was a comedy / musical duo. Two guys. One played guitar, the other keys. They were SO funny. He would pick on people in the audience and gradually key in on one person. By the time the show was over, by joking around with the person in the audience, he created an improv'd vocal song that ties in all the things he had gleaned about that person. Typically by that time he'd have him/her up on stage with him. Wish I could recall the name of the act - saw them several times. The humorous banter between the two of them was great.

Then there is a guitar player who often played on RCCL - classical - especially during dinner. "Segundo", or something like that. Had a wicked tremolo effect on his melodic lines by using the third and fourth fingers of the right hand. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

Always like the Ice Shows and , on Oasis Class, the Aquatheater Shows. One of our favorite in the Schooner Piano Bar is Kelly Goodrich.  He has been a featured Schooner Bar entertainer for 10 years.  A great guy!

Sea ya!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

We love rccl entertainment and have seen many great acts, some 30 years ago we saw both Al Martino who sang The Godfather theme and Oscar winner Red Buttons , saw Captain and Tennile a couple of times , even many of there lounge acts and piano players were excellent. 

Rookie and The Royal Swedes are 2 tribute bands that we saw on the Anthem in December,2019.

We've liked all the rock tribute bands and rock solo artist we've seen on our RC cruises. We'd like to see more guest entertainers/performers and phase out the RC theater performers, except the RC house Bands (evening in the theater). They are really good also. 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I cant even remember who it was now, but someone very famous in his time appeared with his wife, and also walked around the ship and visited with people freely. Was a big treat. Someone old, like in his 70s.

Also a very good pianoist one time. Just sometimes they surprise you with some really famous unexpected. Enjoyed the shows. Saw hair on both oasis cruises, guess too close together, not cats. The show on oasis like circus d whatever in Vegas was very good and I loved the diving shows. 

Carnival went to Cannes music and those in shows have to sing and dance both. I've heard more than one off key and I dont even have a keen ar to hear they were off key. Carnival used to have orchestra and solo singers who didnt also have to dance. Shows hardly worth going now on carnival but rcl were still good last time ... though who can predict cruising shows in the future

You're probably thinking of Marty Allen who was a stand up comic and who cruised on Ex several times out of NJ.  We met him and his wife on one cruise he was performing on.  His wife Karon Kate Blackwell is a singer.  Marty died a couple of years ago and Karon was younger than him by probably at least 20 years.  He was very friendly and was all around the ship.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, shopaholic6 said:

Rock the Boat on the Anthem in 2015 and The Royal Swedes on the Independence in 2017 and Spectrum in 2019 have been my favourites 😊😊 Ah good times.

The Royal Swedes are great. I had several interesting conversations with them about music.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BND said:

You're probably thinking of Marty Allen who was a stand up comic and who cruised on Ex several times out of NJ.  We met him and his wife on one cruise he was performing on.  His wife Karon Kate Blackwell is a singer.  Marty died a couple of years ago and Karon was younger than him by probably at least 20 years.  He was very friendly and was all around the ship.

It could very well be him. I was surprised to see a real famous name on stage. Got lucky. About the right age. Sorry to hear he passed. She was very good too imo.