Would You?

shakeNbake

8 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

From the Celebrity website:

Lift & Shift can only be made once and must be done by September 30, 2020. Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 sail dates as long as the decision is made by September 30, 2020.

So, if you’d like to change, you can.  Buys an extra year for the overall situation to get back, more or less, to normal.

Thank you, davekathy, crazy planning mom, and d97040ll

I wasn't sure if it was possible to L & S for Oct. 2022, since I don't think the Fall 2022 cruises are out yet..   After seeing that it must be done by Sept 30, 2020, I will get in touch with my TA and see what she can do for us.

Thank you all again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

I would book Florida.  Cruises in Florida Probably will be going out this spring.  Bayonne, it could be a lot longer.

We booked Oasis out of Bayonne for July, 2021, with our FCC from our cancelled Nov. TA from RC.

Since we spend our Winters in Florida, if we can't do the L&S,  we'll more than likely book out of Florida for 2022 with our FCC that we'll get from Celebrity.    

Thank you again for your help!

Stay safe, everyone;  stay healthy!

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I fully support anyone that chooses to not cruise in 2021 without judgement.  If my cruises are not cancelled I will likely go. 

Thank you. I'm one of those, for a variety of reasons. We will be living in our motorhome most of the time until then. I fully support those who are ready to cruise, and I truly appreciate them blazing the trail for those of us who need to or want to wait.

Enjoy your cruises, whenever they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would wait and see.  So much depends on what happens between now and then  - when vaccines are available, how effective they are, whether I am able to secure one or not, what type of treatments are available for the virus, what type of procedures are in place if someone does get sick onboard, and so on and on.  If anything this past year has taught us is that a lot of things can change in six months!

I’m not expecting my February and March cruises (they are within 10 minutes of my house so no extra plans).
But I have 60 days in Europe next summer— two ocean cruises, 1 river cruise, a few days in London, Sofia, and Bucharest. Starting to get concerned it won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

X isn't posting any European cruises in 2022...at least that I can see on their site.  If my June '21 cruise isn't a go, L&S isn't possible to the next year...at least not yet....or does anyone have more insight into the probability of sailing.

X isn't posting any European cruises in 2022...at least that I can see on their site.  If my June '21 cruise isn't a go, L&S isn't possible to the next year...at least not yet....or does anyone have more insight into the probability of sailing.

It’s too early for 2022 Europe. Nothing to do with the pandemic.
Summer 2021 cruises from Europe are probably iffy at best (and more challenging if you’re American)

30 minutes ago, denatravels said:

It’s too early for 2022 Europe. Nothing to do with the pandemic.
Summer 2021 cruises from Europe are probably iffy at best (and more challenging if you’re American)

We are starting to worry about Aug 2021 Norway and might push it into 2022 when the Europe itineraries are released.

We have an ABC islands cruise on Reflection booked for March 2021.

If it doesn't go ahead, the alternatives given for Lift & Shift to 2022 are woefully inadequate.

Less days, smaller ship and most bizarrely, a different starting port. Given that I have £500 worth of accommodation with a Fort Lauderdale hotel which can be moved, but not refunded, Tampa isn't going to cut it.

There are other 11 day cruises with S class ships doing the Southern Caribbean around the same time. Seems odd that they're not being given as an option.

So if it sails, we're going.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We are starting to worry about Aug 2021 Norway and might push it into 2022 when the Europe itineraries are released.

Hopefully they'll extend the L&S beyond this month to accommodate 2022 summer/fall cruises that haven't been released yet.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 2

I am thinking (hoping) that these programs like L&S will continue on until there is a clear timeline for restart of the cruise industry operations.  I do not think the CDC will open up cruising on Oct 1 and I suspect an extension of No Sail through at least Dec 31.  Cases are on the rise again all over Europe and have never been controlled in North America except Canada.  I think CDC will wait to see what happens with the current late stage vaccine trials.  These are just my personal thoughts.

We are booked for a May 2021  cruise from Venice and a August 2021 cruise from Barcelona both on the Infinity.  If the ship sails we will be on them. We are booked Business class from DFW  to Venice and will book same to Barcelona from DFW.  We were supposed to have been in Venice today for a Viking Ocean cruise leaving to the Greek Islands, which we moved to next May on Celebrity when it was cancelled. The August cruise we booked last January before the Covid hit.  If necessary we will  get vaccinated or dockside Covid tested, social distance and even wear masks to be on these cruises. I retired this year and did not intend to spend my first couple of years of retirement locked in my home unable to travel. We saved and invested successfully all of our adult lives so that we could enjoy retirement  comfortably and with the ability to extensively travel. This insanity needs to end before all the cruise companies are bankrupt and out of business.

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We are booked for a May 2021  cruise from Venice and a August 2021 cruise from Barcelona both on the Infinity.  If the ship sails we will be on them. We are booked Business class from DFW  to Venice and will book same to Barcelona from DFW.  We were supposed to have been in Venice today for a Viking Ocean cruise leaving to the Greek Islands, which we moved to next May on Celebrity when it was cancelled. The August cruise we booked last January before the Covid hit.  If necessary we will  get vaccinated or dockside Covid tested, social distance and even wear masks to be on these cruises. I retired this year and did not intend to spend my first couple of years of retirement locked in my home unable to travel. We saved and invested successfully all of our adult lives so that we could enjoy retirement  comfortably and with the ability to extensively travel. This insanity needs to end before all the cruise companies are bankrupt and out of business.

This is a terrible time in the lives of many  - beyond travel ....we would all like to return to 'normal' but IMO it's a long way off.  Maybe there will be a 'new normal' with the continuation of some mask wearing, social distancing, and restricted travel.  We can't wish this virus away...but we DO have to do what's recommended by medicine and science if we want that return sooner rather than later.  Hopefully our June '21 cruise will be a go -  within the parameters you mentioned no doubt.  If the ports don't open to the ships it's out of the cruise lines control.  L&S would not be doable if it's not possible to schedule '21 or even '22.

• Like 1

Re: Lift and Shift Program

We cancelled 3 cruises and tried the L& S on one, but it didn't work for us.

They were going to put us on a different ship, an M class instead of an S class , sailing from Tampa instead of Ft. Lauderdale, and the cruise was one day less. 

Therefore, we will wait until we are comfortable to cruise and then book. I don't want to put deposits on a few cruises and end up with a few thousand dollars of FCC if the cruises are cancelled. 

7 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I don't want to put deposits on a few cruises and end up with a few thousand dollars of FCC if the cruises are cancelled. 

If Celebrity cancels your future cruises you also have the option to request cash refunds. It doesn't matter if  the deposits were refundable or non refundable. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, jagoffee said:

I fully support anyone that chooses to not cruise in 2021 without judgement.  If my cruises are not cancelled I will likely go. 

I feel the same, we as I type this today I do anyway.  I have a Jan 30, 2021 on SUmmit and a May 2021 TA on APEX, sail away!!!

On 9/20/2020 at 4:29 PM, Fouremco said:

Hopefully they'll extend the L&S beyond this month to accommodate 2022 summer/fall cruises that haven't been released yet.

I agree!  We have an October, 2021 cruise out of Venice.  I'll be calling our TA this week...I don't have high hopes, though, since Europe Fall 2022 cruises aren't listed yet.