3rd cruise cancelled this year.

windsurferfirst

It was with a heavy heart that I have canceled our December 27th cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. This will be the 3rd cruise this year that I have either had cancelled or cancelled my self. We cannot risk traveling and staying over night in Fort Lauderdale we just don't feel safe at the moment. We also do not want to spend a whole cruise wearing a mask that's not fun to us. The biggest consideration is that the UK has a travel advisory against the US so it would mean we could not get insurance and a compulsory 2 week isolation on return. I have another cruise booked for February 2021 out of Fort Lauderdale which I expect will go the same way. It's all very depressing but health and safety must come first. 

• Like 4

You probably made a good decision.  I feel your pain, I've had 5 sailings this year canceled already myself.  Plus, I took a move over offer on a cruise earlier this year that I have yet to take.  Fingers crossed for next year!!  

• Like 1

I'm rotating all mine back to end of 2021 or later (updated signature). I'm thankful that my April TA was canceled and rethinking a solo later in April vs May vs September as I don't want to be stuck on a ship with 2 small kids. In addition, I rebooked all to make sure they're primarily covered by FCC 1st (yes some of Amari's will expire) and would prefer to miss some countries / some countries want to miss us Yankees 🇺🇸 

Still musing over rebooking Europe as those 2 cancelations (Sky & Enchanted) got me 600 OBC. Marketing knows how to rope me in 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, iancal said:

Smart. 

We are not even shopping at this point.  Why bother?

I totally agree with you. I even stopped looking at cruise offerings. I just think it’s not safe so why bother looking until it is.

Tony

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tak8 said:

I had 3 cancelled.  Right now,  I have one for May.  Will decide later if I will go.  That assumes sailings will happen in May.  Stay safe.

Same here - 33 day B2B2B. We also have a cruise booked for late May and one for early June. Doubt they will sail and, if they do sail with the currently proposed restrictions, suspect we will cancel anyway.

• Like 1

We should have been on a California Coastal right now 😢

We were holding out hope for our first river cruise in late April, 2021.

It may still be a go according to Viking, but if we wait to rebook it looks

like 2022 will already be sold out.  Finally made the decision to rebook

rather than cruise with masks and, more importantly, restrictions on time ashore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scout10 said:

We have a cruise scheduled in February 2021 to Hawaii out of LA. What are your thoughts on if it will occur?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Based on what the cruise line execs are saying not very likely. In fact, very unlikely. They have all said cruising will start back slowly with short cruises in the 3-7 day range for awhile.  With Princess not set to resume until 12-15, if even then, long cruises are not likely in February. Sorry.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I have a cruise booked for Dec 15 2020 on the Royal 7 nights. It's 4 days after the restrictions are lifted. I doubt it will sail but I'm waiting for Princess to pull the plug so I get some extra FCC's. 

I’m in this same situation for the December 27th cruise out of Port Everglades. Final payment is due at the end of the month, hoping everything is shut down by then so I can double my deposit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Scout10 said:

We have a cruise scheduled in February 2021 to Hawaii out of LA. What are your thoughts on if it will occur?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I spoke to the Princess agent to cancel December 27 I asked her if she really thought it would sail. She told me as soon as they get the go ahead Princess is ready to sail. 

17 hours ago, windsurferfirst said:

It was with a heavy heart that I have canceled our December 27th cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. This will be the 3rd cruise this year that I have either had cancelled or cancelled my self. We cannot risk traveling and staying over night in Fort Lauderdale we just don't feel safe at the moment. We also do not want to spend a whole cruise wearing a mask that's not fun to us. The biggest consideration is that the UK has a travel advisory against the US so it would mean we could not get insurance and a compulsory 2 week isolation on return. I have another cruise booked for February 2021 out of Fort Lauderdale which I expect will go the same way. It's all very depressing but health and safety must come first. 

I don't believe you had any choice. You made the only decision you could. All the best and keep well. 🙂

• Like 1

We had 2 cancelled this year but have booked a short cruise for Feb 2021. We are crossing fingers and toes that it happens.

We do not mind wearing masks etc  It is worth it to get out on the ocean again.

Edited by gmjc2
  • Like 1

Right decision IMO.  We have had 3 cancelled as well for 2020.  We gave a 20 day b2b on Sky in March which I am quite sure we will cancel as well.  We are hopeful for a TA out of Venice on Pacific in Oct 2021 but nothing is certain for 2021 or even early 2022, I think.

• Like 1