When was your last cruise?.

grapau27

Our last cruise was QM2 roundtrip TA November 2019. We have had 2 cancelled this year with Cunard and our next booked cruise is May 2021 on Britannia which we are going to move to 2022 and then hopefully 19nt August cruise on Arcadia will be our next without any great restrictions and life will be hopefully back to normal.

• Like 1

Our last was 4 nights on Ventura in Feb 20, it was supposed to be overnight in Amsterdam but the weather won and we ended up with a day in Zeebrugge and 2 days at sea.  There were a lot of first time cruisers on board but most we spoke to didn't seem put off; I remember one chap being very enthusiastic and saying how he'd be booking more when he got home.  I wonder if he ever did, and ended up frustrated like the rest of us?

• Like 2

Our last cruise was in February 2020. We had booked a cruise on Oceana, embarking Southampton on the 2nd Feb and returned on 16th Feb. This was a last minute cruise which we booked and I am so glad that we did. Really loved Oceana and so sorry she has now gone. A few weeks later we were in lockdown. We had a cruise cancelled in May 2020 which was for us to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary but have got a cruise booked on Ventura (Nov 2021) to the Canary Islands so hoping that this will go ahead.

Not going to book anything else but will wait and see what the situation is next summer and hopefully will be able to book something. Fingers crossed!!!!

• Like 2

July last year. A 7 night Southbound Voyage of the Glaciers from Whittier, Alaska to Vancouver, aboard Coral Princess. Preceded by a night in Seattle & 4 nights on tour in Alaska and followed by 3 nights in Vancouver. Probably the most incredible travel experience I have had - although the Nile Cruise and Cairo come pretty close. Three cancelled since then - a 9 night Northern Europe with Fred Olsen, 18 night Mediterranean on Aurora and 39 night Worldie Sector on Arcadia.

• Like 3

Our last cruise was 19 nights in the Med on Arcadia in October 2019. Even though we had visited most of the ports before some of them are favourites and we had a great time, enjoyed good weather and met some lovely people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Avril I think you should check your memory again. If you were on Aurora Nov/Dec 2019 it went to the Canaries or I must be losing it.

I've just checked the photos on Frank's camera, and guess what??  I should have stuck to my first answer. Both you and Frank's camera say the same😉 All these cruises merge together now, but when I looked at past cruises on my personaliser, it said  the Med. Been back again to double check and it  now says I don't have any past cruises ,so P&O's memory is worse than mine😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ann141 said:

March 2020 on Aurora.Supposedly to see the Northern Lights but the cruise was cut short because Norway wouldn't let us in.I was disappointed because we just had 5 days at sea but I would be grateful for any days at sea now!!

I was on that cruise too. The silver lining was that, with the subsequent full refund, it became a free 5-day cruise, and everyone was given such a large amount of OBC when it became known that the cruise was being aborted that on the last evening I bought a bottle of champagne for my table of eight at dinner (club dining) so as not to leave too much of it much unused.

Edited by jh1809
fix typo
  • Like 2

Oceana to Canaries, end of February / beginning March this year.  We got home 8th March swearing never to go on Oceana again because our cabin was the worst we have ever been in.  It was filthy, the cabin steward was the worst we have come across in over 50 cruises, the deck manager came to inspect the cabin each day after it had been serviced because it was so bad on the first few days.  P&O accepted on board that the standard of our cabin cleanliness was unacceptable and when I sent photographs to Southampton showing the problems, we have had compensation but I still have doubts about sailing with P&O and have only bookings with Princess and Celebrity next year.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2

Azura in the Caribbean, January of this year. Should have done Ventura in April, Royal Clipper in July and MV Dalmatia (Croatian coastal voyage) in September, but all cancelled - as is Azura next January. Keeping fingers crossed for Spirit of Discovery next May!

• Like 1

Britannia, March 2017, transatlantic Barbados to Southampton. Other holidays since but our "big" one was due to start next week. Regal Princess, Singapore to Sydney, with a few days in Singapore and finishing with a week in Sydney. Booked Ventura next August and hoping to go on Iona the following February to Canaries, who knows ?

• Like 1

August 2019 for our 25th wedding anniversary. Went with Celebrity - 3 nights in Rome and then 11 on the new Celebrity Edge in a beautiful at cabin with a huge balcony. The most beautiful ship we've ever been on and one of the best cruises. Cost us a fortune though so not one we could do every year 😉

• Like 2

Caribbean cruise with 14 nights on Britannia in November 2019.

We had just returned from visiting family in Sicily in October when I saw it as a late deal and booked it, although my husband thought it too soon after just getting home. Glad we did, as little did we know we wouldn't be going anywhere this year.

• Like 2

7 nights on Sapphire Princess to Oslo, Copenhagen and Bruges. Didn’t get to Skagen as it was too windy. That left 29th June 2019. I was looking forward to going back to P&O this year with a 2 night and a 12 night.

• Like 1