Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Possibly, possibly not, the experts don't have enough data to decide yet. But if the vaccine does provide enough immunity for the passengers, and if the waiters are young and unlikely to be ill if they do catch covid, then does it matter????:classic_cool:

But would ports allow a ship to dock with Covid cases on board?

It is all rather hypothetical at the moment tho....🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Surely though if you pass it onto the crew /entertainment who may be unvaccinated then that is a serious issue for them and what then happens to the rest of the crew and passengers - presumably everyone quarantined?

I can't honestly imagine that P&O will allow unvaccinated crew onboard!

Avril

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ann141 said:

But Saga are doing! all passengers have to have had both vaccinations but not crew!

Unbelievable!!! If one member of the crew gets it  then the whole cruise could end up being a self-catering holiday.  Note to self -- avoid Saga

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

I am expecting an announcement as early as tomorrow. Sone short term cancellations to get through April and May plus potentially some longer term ones for at least one ship.

Its a moveable target as desire to limit number of separate cancellation announcements but not everything under Carnival’s control.

Remember, cancellations don’t have to mean no sailings - just that the itineraries as planned aren’t seen as feasible.

Thanks for the heads up, do you

know anymore in regards to Ionas fjords sailings in May and Azura fly cruise season in July including B2Bs? Very anxious!

11 minutes ago, joeecco said:

know anymore in regards to Ionas fjords sailings in May and Azura fly cruise season in July including B2Bs? Very anxious!

We are on Azura in Sept - some 8 months time but we are far from confident of going. Even if the cruise goes we are not keen if we still cannot get off in ports. We are thinking now that if any holidays are possible this year that land based holidays make more sense.

• Like 3

Just now, bee-ess said:

We are on Azura in Sept - some 8 months time but we are far from confident of going. Even if the cruise goes we are not keen if we still cannot get off in ports. We are thinking now that if any holidays are possible this year that land based holidays make more sense.

We are getting married onboard so whether we can get off on Our own or not doesn’t bother us. We are keeping everything crossed and staying positive. 

• Like 3

I have had a letter published today in the travel section of a leading Sunday newspaper  (unfortunately not the Star Prize!)and next weeks' topic is 'Should we have a vaccine passport???'I expect there will be hundreds of letters!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I have had a letter published today in the travel section of a leading Sunday newspaper  (unfortunately not the Star Prize!)and next weeks' topic is 'Should we have a vaccine passport???'I expect there will be hundreds of letters!

Well done. What did you write about?

39 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well done. What did you write about?

The topic was about whether or not there should be a 'holiday to help out scheme'  My letter has been edited a lot as some of it was similar to the Star Letter but one thing I suggested was to have a higher discount for less well known holiday hotspots so that not everyone would rush to Devon and Cornwall.(Hope that keeps Jean happy!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

As I said, moveable target. Will try to get an update first thing tomorrow but announcement may happen first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ann141 said:

The topic was about whether or not there should be a 'holiday to help out scheme'  My letter has been edited a lot as some of it was similar to the Star Letter but one thing I suggested was to have a higher discount for less well known holiday hotspots so that not everyone would rush to Devon and Cornwall.(Hope that keeps Jean happy!)

Sunday Times - I read it earlier. Well done.🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ann141 said:

There was an article recently on that subject showing the price difference between places with similar things to see and do but one was well known and the other less so. The hotel and meal costs were like night and day and sometimes only a few miles apart. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Reports on FB suggested some of the top knobs at Carnival have sold a load of shares maybe not very good news coming in the announcement 🤷‍♂️

If that is true and has been in response to inside knowledge, does that not mean it would be very clear insider dealing, which carries a very high penalty in the US?  Many years in jail from what I understand.

Edited by tring
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, tring said:

If that is true and has been in response to inside knowledge, does that not mean it would be very clear insider dealing, which carries a very high penalty in the US?  Many years in jail from what I understand.

Maybe this what what they were referring to:

Carnival PLC - Notification of Transactions of Directors/PDMRS - ADVFN

What it actually means, I don't know, all above my former grade.  What I do know is that there was a small drop in the share price.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Maybe this what what they were referring to:

Carnival PLC - Notification of Transactions of Directors/PDMRS - ADVFN

What it actually means, I don't know, all above my former grade.  What I do know is that there was a small drop in the share price.

Jan 14th was the vesting date for employee/executive share bonuses. These would have been given out over time, most likely before anyone heard of Covid. The vesting date would have been set in stone since they were issued.

They get 2 options; sell all or sell enough to cover taxes. Those individuals who were reportable in their own right each only sold enough to cover taxes.

This is a massive non story. No insider trading. In fact, at least one story only mentions the new shares that remained without releasing that each executive they named had considerably more already. What they ended up selling was a very small percentage of their total holdings.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Jan 14th was the vesting date for employee/executive share bonuses. These would have been given out over time, most likely before anyone heard of Covid. The vesting date would have been set in stone since they were issued.

They get 2 options; sell all or sell enough to cover taxes. Those individuals who were reportable in their own right each only sold enough to cover taxes.

This is a massive non story. No insider trading. In fact, at least one story only mentions the new shares that remained without releasing that each executive they named had considerably more already. What they ended up selling was a very small percentage of their total holdings.

Thanks for posting. As you say, a total non-story, spread by people who have no understanding of the mechanics of director share ownership. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

Reports on FB suggested some of the top knobs at Carnival have sold a load of shares maybe not very good news coming in the announcement 🤷‍♂️

Hopefully by now you will gave realised that your post is totally without foundation.  

3 hours ago, Manx buoy said:

I have held on to my shares. 😇😉