2021 Mediterranean Cruise.....

VitaminSea53

1 minute ago, VitaminSea53 said:

You all think the 2021 summer in the Med will be canceled?

Yes I do, though I obviously am just sharing a personal opinion, too many obstacles right now.  We have a Aug 28 RT Barcelona and back, VERY unlikely this can happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have a Sept/Oct 2021 Infinity Med booked (since 2019) and I don't see it happening.

If it did happen I doubt I will be on it. Both Canada and Europe are slow getting the vaccine out and I would rather not cruise until everywhere is a lot safer.

Cheers, h 

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, bigbenboys said:

Celebrity already canceled our 9 night Med cruise for Aug 2021 on Connie.

All Connie summer/autumn 2021 Med cruises were cancelled in January 20201and an option to lift and shift ( not the classic but specific) within the same time frame on the Infinity was offered. 

At that time, and maybe even now, Celebrity were planning on a condensed (fewer ships) Med season. It is doubtful that any will sail.

Cheers, h.

• Thanks 1

With Canada keeping all ports closed until early 2022 and our very slow recovery, I’d think there’s very minimal chance.....posted by someone with as little insight as anyone else guessing. 

I had a late Spring cruise out of London to Norway and cancelled that prior to final payment and have an Apex Thanksgiving cruise in the Caribbean but know that has a high chance of not going, but willing to make the final payment and roll the dice. 

Heck, I thought going with a Viking Great Lakes cruise in late May 2022 would be a no-problem, but who knows how this will ever work out. 

I know many of us thought we’d not being cruising in 2020 back when this Pandemic started, but here we are looking at ‘maybe mid/late 2021??’. 

Den

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VitaminSea53 said:

You all think the 2021 summer in the Med will be canceled?

Yes, I do.   

It's already February. ....

I don't see much cruising anywhere in 2021.

I suspect Caribbean winter 2022 will also be problematic....but, I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Shadow9612
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shadow9612 said:

Yes, I do.   

It's already February. ....

I don't see much cruising anywhere in 2021.

I suspect Caribbean winter 2022 will also be problematic....but, I hope I'm wrong.

Caribbean winter of 2022...Hmmm....interesting thought.

Unfortunately too many things happening to give anything more than a guess. 
Things that are happening to make it possible 

- Vaccines are here

- Better understanding of Covid

- More people willing to follow safety protocols 

Things that are happening to make it impossible 

- Some countries are struggling to vaccinate their citizens 

- New variants of Covid starting to appear 

- Countries introducing stricter travel requirements 

The situation if fluid so anything is possible.  To add to the above, what is the OP’s risk tolerance?

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

I know many of us thought we’d not being cruising in 2020 back when this Pandemic started, but here we are looking at ‘maybe mid/late 2021??’.

In late 2020, we cancelled our refundable June '21 Med cruise considering the low likelihood of ports being open and the lack of vaccinations available;  replaced it with Edge June '22.  2020 Caribbean March/Nov. cruises cancelled replaced by a safe? option of Nov. '21.  Now some are thinking the entire 2021season might not happen.  I'm forever the optimist, but the realistic side is kicking in and I'm even doubting June '22?  Will most likely make final payment in Aug. for Nov. '21 and like you, let it roll out.   If that one is cancelled, not sure I will L&S (if allowed).  With all these dates and cancellations I'm even confusing myself as to what replaced which and when...LOL.

• Like 1

Interesting seeing these Summer and Fall 2021 cruises cancelled. We are booked on a August 9, 2021 Infinity cruise, Venice to Barcelona, 11 nights. No word as to cancellation. Anyone else know information regarding this sailing?

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

Cruising in the Med will happen in 2021. In fact it’s already happening - see MSC, TUI Cruises etc.

I am not convinced much cruising will be done by Celebrity or other American cruise lines - unfortunately!

We have one booked for September on Reflection and I am not betting any money on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Interesting seeing these Summer and Fall 2021 cruises cancelled. We are booked on a August 9, 2021 Infinity cruise, Venice to Barcelona, 11 nights. No word as to cancellation. Anyone else know information regarding this sailing?

Cancellations were for certain ships only - so far...

58 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

We are booked on the Infinity for 10N Lisbon to Barcelona in October.  The Europe season was cancelled for the Edge & Connie.  The Reflection, Apex & Silhouette TAs were  cancelled  but as yet they are still showing them with Europe sailing this year.  I expect to see those cancelled shortly.  That would leave just the Infinity with sailing and they may hang on to those in case some countries open up.

We don’t expect our Oct Infinity to sail and will  probably cancel anyway as the land portion pre & post cruise would most likely result in 2-3 added Covid tests.

30 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

So all of these opinions are telling me to forget my 'really really' want to sail cruise Nov. '21.😢

I think it is safe to assume that ALL of us "really really" want to sail, even tomorrow morning...

But at the same time, being realistic and come to the conclusion that COVID is here to stay for quite a long time.

I'm 2 weeks + after the 2nd dose of Pfizer. So, on the face of it, I'm "safe". My vaccination certificate states that it is valid until July 2021.

But where can I sail ? Europe is struggling with the virus, as well as US 😢.

8 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

In late 2020, we cancelled our refundable June '21 Med cruise considering the low likelihood of ports being open and the lack of vaccinations available;  replaced it with Edge June '22.  2020 Caribbean March/Nov. cruises cancelled replaced by a safe? option of Nov. '21.  Now some are thinking the entire 2021season might not happen.  I'm forever the optimist, but the realistic side is kicking in and I'm even doubting June '22?  Will most likely make final payment in Aug. for Nov. '21 and like you, let it roll out.   If that one is cancelled, not sure I will L&S (if allowed).  With all these dates and cancellations I'm even confusing myself as to what replaced which and when...LOL.

I may have posted this on another thread but my CVP was trying to get me to book a September 4 2021  Mediterranean cruise out of Amsterdam but when he said final payment is due June 6th I declined. Why are they so anxious for you to book a sailing they know won't happen? 

It is interesting for me to find this topic.

Final payment for our May 15 Apex cruise is this weekend, so I posted on the roll-call to ask if anyone is still going. I got one answer. Someone who cancelled a long time ago! We will be cancelling in a few days. I was waiting to see if Celebrity would cancel first. If the cruise does go, they should be happy to have my cabin since the price has more than doubled!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RickT said:

Unfortunately too many things happening to give anything more than a guess. 
Things that are happening to make it possible 

- Vaccines are here

- Better understanding of Covid

- More people willing to follow safety protocols 

Things that are happening to make it impossible 

- Some countries are struggling to vaccinate their citizens 

- New variants of Covid starting to appear 

- Countries introducing stricter travel requirements 

The situation if fluid so anything is possible.  To add to the above, what is the OP’s risk tolerance?

Rick - add to your no go list that it is currently impossible for crew to get to the ships with all the restrictions.  RCL is getting crew back home via ship.

Once international air opens Carnival said 2 weeks to assemble crew, 2 weeks of quarantine, 6-8 weeks of training, 6 weeks of trial cruises.