Is a western Caribbean cruise warm enough in February?

dltaeg

We are looking at this itinerary for late Feb. I've noticed a lot of excursions are water/ocean based. Will it be warm enough at that time of the year? 

Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas

Cozumel, Mexico

Roatan, Honduras

Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico

The closer the ship goes to the equator the warmer it will get. It also depends on where home is for you. It might not be warm enough for a Floridian, but it will be for a Canadian. Coco Cay could be cool, but that all depends on the weather fronts pushing down from the north.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Coco Cay? Western Caribbean? It looks like RCI has found a way to add a money grab to the itinerary.

They definitely picked a strategic location. It is easy to reach on both routes. Some western routes include both Coco Cay and Labadee. Maybe good for some people but not this person.

• Like 1

Fronts usually between the Georgia/Florida border... between Jacksonville/Central Florida.... between Central Florida/South Florida. I have taken cruises from Port Canaveral where it was cold when we left but warm when we arrived at Bahamas ports.  Coco Cay is parallel with Miami. Most fronts are curved also. It should be comfortable there and will definitely be comfortable in the rest of the itinerary.

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They definitely picked a strategic location. It is easy to reach on both routes. Some western routes include both Coco Cay and Labadee. Maybe good for some people but not this person.

I've seen Coco Cay on a lot of Eastern itineraries but I've never noticed it on a Western.

January/February is our favorite time to cruise the caribbean.  East/west and southern are all nice and warm.  

2020 Jan-Feb we did a b2b2b and went to many different islands and out of that month of sailing I recall only having 1 day of yucky weather and that was at jamaica.  Colombia was very hot and humid, Cozumel was warm and sunny, Cococay was perfect temp on land, ocean temp there was a little chilly maybe low 70s but didnt stop me from snorkeling and enjoying.

Honduras and Costa maya were beautiful too.  I do remember Costa maya being a bit windy at dock but on beach felt great.

You should have a great trip in Feb.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Coco Cay could be cool,

We were at Coco Cay in October. What I found that was different was that the Caribbean was nice and warm but the pool with the swim up bar was freezing cold.

• Like 2

It depends on what your favorite activities are. I love being in the water and it's hit or miss on whether the water will be warm enough to frolic in (as this native Floridian discovered in the Keys last week - being cold even with a wetsuit on while diving!) The surface weather, however, is likely to be plenty warm and quite wonderful. I would think the pools at Coco Cay would be heated (or naturally warmer since a much smaller body of water) which is likely to have the coldest sea water.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Coco Cay? Western Caribbean? It looks like RCI has found a way to add a money grab to the itinerary.

Might want to avoid cruises for the next several years if 'money grab' (i.e. making money) is a deal breaker 😬

Alas, yes the weather can be perfectly hot to a little cool and breezy. Last time we were in Belize in Feb it was uncomfortably hot and humid for our Chicago blood. 

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I've seen Coco Cay on a lot of Eastern itineraries but I've never noticed it on a Western.

Been doing it for awhile now.  Less of Labadee...more Coco Cay.  

With the way cruising will start up now, IMHO....RCI will be trying to use ports that are under their own control.  Labadee is the same way.  I am guessing they could even have the option of not opening the gate to go into town in Falmouth as well.  Even Costa Maya would qualify.  Keep everyone in a controlled environment.  

Me...I am not a fan of the new theme park style Coco Cay in the least.  I miss the natural way it was.  If I want theme park...I don't need to book a cruise.  Orlando has plenty.  

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Me neither...but more control with using those two tourist traps.  😮   Good day to stay on the ship. 😉