For the June X restart, do you think US will still require neg. test to return by then?

cl.klink

Considering the June cruises from St. Marten.

But, do you think the US will still be requiring a negative test to come back into US?  I know it's guesswork, but what do you think?  Will this requirement end in May?  June?  2022?  After x% are vaccinated, or after rates of infection are down to y%?

Please speculate wildly and defend as to why.

- Joel

Edited by cl.klink
typo

With absolutely no epidemiology background, I feel confident in saying negative tests will still be required until October 1, 2021.

I also feel the Minnesota Wild will win the Stanley Cup this year.

• Haha 1

New case numbers have stopped dropping and have plateaued. That's frequently an indication that numbers are going to rise again, and a third wave remains a possibility. So, yes, I'm pretty sure that testing will still be required in in a couple of months.

For us it is a non-issue.  To disembark will require that we are tested and that test will meet the current requirement for a test to come back to the US.

To try and guess what will be required in the  future is futile.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To come IN to the US, I would guess the end of the year. It’s easier to require the test than agree on some proof of vaccination form.

I think eventually people who want or need to travel internationally, will get some sort of vaccination card or app (maybe even the old yellow card, just updated). Using that for convenience, maybe not even required. That state of affairs will go on for some time,?years.

How long testing will be required is more about virus spread and vaccination rates outside of the US. Nine months from now we will know a lot more about durability of immunity and the real world effect of the vaccines, and it may be obvious how long testing is needed.

If you sign up for one of these early cruises from the RCG (Millennium, Adventure OTS, and Vision OTS) this is the calculated risk that you are taking.  If you test positive at the end of the cruise (or one of your children or family members test positive) - what happens?  Do you quarantine after leaving the ship?  If so - Where?  How long?  What will be the requirements to re-enter the US?  Will the CDC comment on this situation with some requirements?  After all, you did decide to avoid the CDC by taking these cruises.  I would want these questions answered amongst others before I put money down on these cruises.  Call me risk averse or worse if you want.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

If you sign up for one of these early cruises from the RCG (Millennium, Adventure OTS, and Vision OTS) this is the calculated risk that you are taking.  If you test positive at the end of the cruise (or one of your children or family members test positive) - what happens?  Do you quarantine after leaving the ship?  If so - Where?  How long?  What will be the requirements to re-enter the US?  Will the CDC comment on this situation with some requirements?  After all, you did decide to avoid the CDC by taking these cruises.  I would want these questions answered amongst others before I put money down on these cruises.  Call me risk averse or worse if you want.

During a Celebrity TA webinar yesterday, the VP said Celebrity would take care of you.  They would find a place at St Maarten to take care of you and make arrangements for you to return.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, evandbob said:

If the cruise line requires proof of vax to book and board a cruise, then a test shouldn't be necessary when returning home to the US.

Does that assume that it is absolutely impossible to contract an infection during 7 days with 1500-2000 strangers?  Or people at the ports?

27 minutes ago, evandbob said:

If the cruise line requires proof of vax to book and board a cruise, then a test shouldn't be necessary when returning home to the US.

The test is required for anyone to fly into the  US, it has nothing to do with the cruise.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

Celebrity is planning on providing antigen tests to all passengers a day or two before the end of the cruise. These results could be used for any airline requirements or re-entry requirements into the country.

5 hours ago, evandbob said:

The requirement for the negative test on entry into the US isn't from Celebrity,  it's from the US govt. At this time proof of vaccination is insufficient for entry. If you have a problem with that,  perhaps you should take it up with CBP?

In the case of St. Maarten, in order to enter the county you must purchase their COVID-19 health insurance at $30pp. It is a comprehensive policy specifically covering COVID related possibilities, medical, quarantine, icu and evacuation to a medical facility elsewhere if needed for treatment.

Hal

2 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

In the case of St. Maarten, in order to enter the county you must purchase their COVID-19 health insurance at $30pp. It is a comprehensive policy specifically covering COVID related possibilities, medical, quarantine, icu and evacuation to a medical facility elsewhere if needed for treatment.

Hal

I could be wrong, but I don't believe their insurance is required if you are going straight from the airport to the ship and vice versa after the cruise. 

• Thanks 1

When they resume cruising to St. Martin, X has stated that to board the Millennium proof of vaccination will be required as well as a negative PCR test taken at least 72 hours prior to boarding. Passengers will have to pay for this test which is required for entry, by the government of St. Martin.
When the cruise is over, X will provide Antigen tests to all passengers free of charge, 72 hours before the cruise is over.

So, yes, negative tests will be required depending on the regulations of different countries.

It was unclear to me given the wording if the PCR test was required to board for passengers over 18 who are required to be fully vaccinated.   It's not all that important as you need one to enter the country anyway.   It just wasn't clear to me if in the hypothetical case if you spend a week in St Maarten prior to the cruise if you would need another test to board.