VENT: What sucks about inside cabins

zekekelso

15 hours ago, karena1 said:

why complain about it, we did inside cabins for years as that is all we could afford!  Then we went to OV.  Now we do nothing but balconies.  Inside cabins are fine for those that like darker rooms and cheaper prices.

I think they are called inexpensive rooms.  Just sayin....

15 hours ago, loman said:

When i vacation i tend to book equal to or better than what i have at home .

I need a door to the outside with a window at least.

An inside cabin is better than what I have at home. It comes with people to clean and pick up the cabin and to cook, serve, and clean up from my meals.

And there have been times at home during storms that I am glad to have a room with no windows to retreat to.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Actually, my wife & I spend plenty of time in our room.

There is plenty of down time where we just hang out and do nothing.

we can and do that at home for free. When I pay thousands of dollars (even if it's just a couple) for a cruise, dang right, we are only sleeping and showering in the cabin. The rest of the time - it's fun-fun-fun, even if it's just sitting on a lounger, breathing fresh air, enjoying great weather and reading a lovely book on one of the upper decks. That IS our downtime. Just not in a dungeon like cabin.

The only downside of an inside cabin for us is its relatively small size. With a 6'+ DH and a kid who will be 6' in a couple of years, an inside cabin is becoming increasingly crowded. But it's a small price to pay. We love to cruise, but we love to save as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

we can and do that at home for free. When I pay thousands of dollars (even if it's just a couple) for a cruise, dang right, we are only sleeping and showering in the cabin. The rest of the time - it's fun-fun-fun, even if it's just sitting on a lounger, breathing fresh air, enjoying great weather and reading a lovely book on one of the upper decks. That IS our downtime. Just not in a dungeon like cabin.

The only downside of an inside cabin for us is its relatively small size. With a 6'+ DH and a kid who will be 6' in a couple of years, an inside cabin is becoming increasingly crowded. But it's a small price to pay. We love to cruise, but we love to save as well.

Agree. We'd rather be out and about. We spend very little time in our cabin or on the balcony. I'll sit on the balcony waiting for my wife before heading out for the day or evening. 

Three in an inside, oceanview and balcony cabins is one too many people. Not enough room, bathrooms or space. Not sure what height has to do with being crowded in the cabin. I'm 6'2'' and have no problems. 

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, jakeil7 said:

Well, it seems this thread has taken a turn to the dark side 😝. And in regards to the upper bunk:  there are so many questions I Never want the answer to,,,

We were very 'successful' with the lower bunk 32 years ago😁

20210917_141931.thumb.jpg.d9e30f5c823b286f5cf7647d30387c38.jpg

• Haha 7

I've taken around 55 cruises now, with the vast majority of them being in Inside Cabins. Now, if I wasn't as smart as I am , I would be saying this . I've taken about 27 cruises with most of them being an Outside Cabin or better. I kind of like writing what I originally did. Yep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Everyone places value differently.  Our neighbors have brand new cars/trucks, a boat, a motorcycle.  Those are valuable to them.  We drive 10-15 year cars.  They get us from point A to Point B.  When we vacation, we like to stay in upscale hotels with large rooms and a cruise is no different.  This is valuable to us.  

21 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We were very "successful" in Barbados in January of 1976.  Can't take a picture, as he's at a Grateful Dead tribute concert with in Chicago with 3 friends, all with masks and BinaxNOW test kits......my how times have changed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

trust me, people who are 6'2, 5'2 and 4'11 will perceive space in different ways.

Trust me, I've never bumped my head on the cabin ceiling yet or felt cramped with just the two of us in the cabin, no matter the cabin type. My wife is 5'6".🤣

Edited by davekathy

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

1 minute ago, pcur said:

We were very "successful" in Barbados in January of 1976.  Can't take a picture, as he's at a Grateful Dead tribute concert with in Chicago with 3 friends, all with masks and BinaxNOW test kits......my how times have changed.

Yup, there is a reason I like sleeping in my own bed at home.....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Mine cruised a lot with us, joined Navy, and now wants to get married on a cruise ship.

Definitely salt in his blood

• Like 2