Puerto Vallarta MX
Westerdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

1102NAmerica.thumb.png.c891bad49b0042da0cae89f5298d0193.png

1102Europe.thumb.png.e1f1affaa31f642d5f87c8c6509dbb3c.png

• Like 31
  • Thanks 12

Thank you for the Tuesday Daily, Rich.  Happy All Souls Day for those who celebrate it but I'll pass on the Deviled Eggs and Circles.  Another strange quote today.  I think I've been to Basseterre on the Maasdam.  I'd take the chicken without the taco.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Penne Primivera, and Viennese Apple Strudel as served on MS Prinsendam November 2, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes02.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
cunorl’s sister hospitalized with lymphona and DH’s sister recovering from stroke
kakalina with spreading lung cancer going into hospice
summer slope’s friend Frank with back surgery November 3 and his stressed wife Rita
5 million covid deaths
cruisin single WTC monitoring exam
From the rotation:
Grapau27 awaiting MOHS surgery November 17
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
rafinmd awaiting radiation
LaPalma

Celebrations and Shoutouts

4 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
SusieKIslandGirl onEurodam
Gail&Marty on Rotterdam
1Angelcat biopsy complete (awaiting results)
57redbird covid negative and surgery scheduled for November 29
Visit from Mamaofami’s daughter
cunorl’s sister’s spunk
booster for jimgev
Welcome home lindaler
FINAL radiation session for bdrcole
Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 12

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Interesting days, I've never heard of "looking for circles" day, but I'll start looking.🙂  Love devilled eggs.  Happy All Souls Day.

Amusing quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.   Roy's dinner sounds great.

Hope the drink and wine are tasty.

It's cool and rainy here, so I'll be happy to see pictures of sunny St Kitts and Nevis.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 29

Good morning everyone and thanks for the daily report.  My grandfather’s birthday was on All Souls Day. Love deviled eggs. Can’t even find the origin of look for circles day.  I guess Hedberg has a brown thumb.  The meal suggestion sounds very good.  We were in today’s port in February 2020, very green island.  Prayers for everyone on today’s prayer list and cheers to all of you celebrating a happy event.

• Like 28

Good morning everyone - welcome to Tuesday!

Circles Day feels appropriate for what is Election Day here in the US.  Sometimes it feels like, with politics, we're just moving in circles.  I'll stop to vote before making the trek to the office.

Not a fan of jerk chicken so I'll pass on that, but Roy's alternate with a chilled fruit soup is right up my alley.  

Husband and I stopped at St. Kitts while sailing Serenade of the Seas back in 2016.  I recall we took a ship's excursion that stopped at Brimstone Hill Fortress as well as a batik 'factory' and we really enjoyed the sights.  One thing that has stayed with me all these years, though, is our experience with a lovely older couple we met on that excursion.

Husband and wife, both in their 90's...(yes...90+!).  I don't recall their names, but what I do recall is how lovingly the husband attended to his petite wife.  She struggled with walking and required two canes to stay steady, and her slight frame made it a challenge to get on/off the bus.  They sat near us, and my husband consistently offered a strong arm to assist.  They would get off at each stop but not really walk around, just find the nearest bench to sit until it was time to re-board and move on,  

Some expressed frustration, feeling that this couple was slowing down the tour.  Others wondered why someone in 'that condition' would be cruising.  My husband and I just appreciated the clear feelings of love the two shared, not needing to be walking about and seeing the sights but instead, just 'being'...in the moment...in a pretty place with the love of your life.

May we all know that feeling.....

Some pictures of our tour:

batik 2.jpg

batik 1.jpg

Fort brimstone 3.jpg

Fort brimstone 2.jpg

Fort Brimstone 1.jpg

Edited by msmayor
  • Like 39
  • Thanks 6

Good morning!

I love deviled eggs.  I like jerk chicken, too.

I've been to Basseterre several times.  I did island tours twice with Thenford Grey.  I also used him to schedule a small group tour over to Nevis.  There's just something about being up close to a volcano.  Well, not too close!  I think all my pics are on my laptop (I'm supposed to be working so am on my desktop).  I'll try to remember to post some later.  I have a "secret place" that I've been to twice.  I can't name it because it will get too popular and I'm selfish.  I want it to stay a "secret place" forever. 

Cool here this morning and only supposed to get into the md-50s this afternoon.

Two weeks from today, I should be boarding Eurodam!!

• Like 30

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Happy All Souls Day. I love deviled eggs and I've already seen some circles this morning.

Strange quote. Not sure about the meal so I'll wait for Debbie's recipes.

DH will start to tile the shower later today.🥳 TV is supposed to be delivered this morning.🤞 There's no school here today because of voting day. Is that really a thing? Anyway, the girls next door will come over for an extra piano lesson this afternoon. Of course I will get more trim and baseboards painted.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 28

For today I have a sunset instead of a sunrise.  After leaving one ship in Amsterdam November 1, I boarded another in Rome the very next day.  MS Prinsendam was still docked when the sun went down

duskday1.JPG.5fa9ca4ad33940d222adcecb99b5f158.JPG

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites.  

The "Old Pal" cocktail sounds like something from Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack.  Curious about that one.  I don't understand the quote.  Growing up, we had deviled eggs for each and every holiday, so they bring nice things to mind.

A special thought today for @bdrcole finishing up with radiation treatments.  That is a Red Letter Day.  

Our three-year-old had a very successful birthday party here yesterday.  Nana, however, is tuckered out.  It will be a very quiet day today.

Have a great day, Everyone.  More "live from" threads to follow -- more dreaming about future cruises.  😊

• Like 31

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a beautiful day, although a little nippy.  Highs are in the 40s.  But, we'll have blue skies and lots of sunshine.

@JAM37 We started having staff inservice day on election day.  Kids stayed home and staff came to school.  The reason was that voting was held in many of the elementary schools causing a disruption to classes and a security concern.  We felt it better to keep the kids home on days when the buildings were wide open to the public.  

Today's meal sounds interesting.   I haven't had jerk chicken before, but I'm willing to give it a try. This first one looks so good!  I'd probably go for the inside and leave the tortilla out for the sake of saving on carbs.  

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos/

jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos-14t.thumb.jpg.359e510219ecfcb18f6890bb83976515.jpg

This one makes it really easy as it uses shredded rotisserie chicken:  https://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Jamaican-Jerk-Chicken-Tacos-8290

709743431_jamaicanjerkchickentacos3.thumb.jpg.ac7feb1a83b225cf5598be43a317da31.jpg

And here we have chicken cut in chunks to go along with the nice chunks of pineapple.  https://www.modernhoney.com/jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos/

64399443_jamaicanjerkchickentacos4.thumb.jpg.17a7019bf81c19c64578eb12d18195f1.jpg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Tuesday smile 🙂 

Seems strange to have a day honouring circles.  Love devilled eggs.  All Soul’s Day is honoured here remembering those we have lost.  It’s also Los Dios Muertos at noon today 😉 

LOL on the Hedberg quote.  that jerk chicken sounds good @dfish

I won’t do this but for anyone who is trying to save money for their next trip, here is an idea for Hallowe’en next year 😉 

F8E70D6D-7EDC-4F12-A848-4CC1C784D53E.jpeg.1493c01feb73932d6a4caeff6a276afc.jpeg

Looking forward to hearing about the wine.  Nevis is one spot we have never gotten to in the Caribbean so I’ll visit vicariously through the photos. @msmayorenjoyed your touching story on the elderly couple and the pics as well.

Boy, the temperatures sure dropped over night 😔 Had turned down the heat as it was not needed and woke up in the middle of the night to turn it back on 😱 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Tuesday everyone !!!!

23DBDFF3-0A84-4224-AC77-E401D2E23258.thumb.jpeg.199067dd76ffa102860f59f521e3cad8.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 31
  • Haha 12

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! 

Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyite family! A special toast to @bdrcolecongratulations on reaching your last radiation treatment! 🎉🥂

Debbie, those recipes sound good! I need to see what I have in the way for chicken meat in the freezer. 

Another lovely morning here. A bit warmer this morning, so I could get by with capris. An early class at the gym and then not sure what else is on my plate! 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Cline Zinfandel Contra Costa County Ancient Vines 2016

This excellent entry from the Central Coast is very reasonably priced. I would love to at least taste this one! Numerous online distributors with prices starting at $12.97!

Winemaker Notes

#40 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

The 2016 Ancient Vines Zinfandel shows spicy, bright strawberry, with coffee and chocolate characters. Ripe fruit and soft tannins make this a mouth-coating rich vintage. Aging on new and used oak has lent this wine a subtle vanilla quality that nicely complements the explosive fruit notes. Enjoy now or cellar for 5 to 7 years.

TP93Tasting Panel

A luxurious sipper! Coffee and strawberry please the nose as they lead to an intriguing mouthfeel. Blackberry jam washes over the soft, round palate dotted with white pepper. Plum notes go creamy on the finish with a dusting of heather. The winery’s oldest, most historic, and “shyestbearing” Zinfandel blocks contribute to 94% of this blend.

WS91 Wine Spectator
Lively and supple, with floral raspberry and fresh pepper aromas and sleekly appealing cherry and licorice flavors that glide lightly along the finish. Drink now through 2022.
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

The Jerk Chicken Tacos sound good!

After reading the thread on problems disembarking in San Diego, we have changed our return flight to the following day. Originally we had thought an 11:05 am flight would be fine as we have sailed from San Diego two times before and a flight at that time wasn't a problem upon returning. Our regional airport offers really attractive prices by connecting in either IAD or ORD on UAL. The big draw is free parking which made a huge difference when we did the Circle Hawaii a few years ago. Three weeks for free! 

• Like 28

Good morning  to all. Circles day reminds me of an old song I used to play on the guitar,"All my life is a circle".It would get a group singing along and now it is an earworm....Like @AncientWanderer, deviled eggs showed up at all holidays when we were kids and I am enjoying that memory,thanks!

@dfish,The recipe looks great and I will save it for tomorrow, thanks.

We went to St Kitts on our very first cruise with my mom and my siblings  and their spouses.It was the Queen  Mary and there was much dress code grumbling  on the part of my two brothers and DH. The women ignored them and we had a ball  wearing dresses and jewelry.,DH and I took DM on a tour of the fort which I later realized involved too much walking.She was ill with lung cancer and died four months later.She talked about that cruise often and I will always be grateful for  the wonderful  memories we had together.

Terry

• Like 31

Prayers for all suffering.  Best of health to everyone.

Got a Moderna booster yesterday after receiving J and J initially.  An hour wait on line at CVS -  that was surprising.  Sore arm — unlike initial shot.  DH already had his booster so all is good.

Anthem of the Seas next Monday  so need to get antigen tests on Saturday.  Anthem is crossing the Atlantic now sans passengers.  Katherine 

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 26

Good afternoon.

It is 40°F and sunny on this my late mam's 10th memory day.

Thank you for today's daily Rich and Roy for the lists.

Interesting days.

Unusual quote.

Nice food and drink.

We went to St Kitts on Crown Princess on a 15 night Caribbean cruise from San Juan in January 2007.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211102_125027.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Praying for all souls, l haven't had devilled eggs in ages, and not sure about the circles.  I'll look around to see if I can find any.

The quote reminded me of a friend who said her thumb was so brown that even her plastic plants died.

Although it's early, DH is up already (he's a night hawk and usually doesn't get up until after 8), as he's heading out of town for the day.  His heritage group, with the assistance of the local power company, is going to be putting up 3 nesting poles along the North Saskatchewan River.  The poles are being erected to give safe places for the Bald Eagles and Osprey that live along the river.  While he's away I'll use the time to clean the house - it's just easier without him trying to 'help'.

We've been to today's port, but any photos were taken well before digital came on the scene.  I recall wandering around the town, popping into little shops all over, then having lunch on a second story patio, watching the roosters and chickens running all over the place.  

I saw this and just had to share - I think a few of you might feel the same way.

1506317227_Wineonclearance.jpg.de48cb51ae5ae4a2e90fad9198482aa5.jpg

I haven't had jerk chicken in a long time - that's something DH can't handle because of the heat, so I order it when we're on vacation.  I took a look at the pantry and realized it's time to start eating out of there, so it's going to be baked spaghetti on the menu tonight.  I'll brown up some ground beef, onions & bell peppers to add to a jar of spaghetti sauce, pour it all over the cooked spaghetti, top it off with parmesan and bake it for an hour.  Along with a side salad, I think it'll make a nice dinner for us tonight - with leftovers.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for special friends in need.  Clinking the glasses together to celebrate al on the happy list.  Stay safe, wear your masks, wash your hands, and be well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31

Good morning friends!  A chilly start but we walked to the gym to work out anyway trying to keep with the Tu-Th-Sa routine.  Rain sometimes changes it.  Anyway on our way back (still dark out) we had just passed the pickle ball courts when we saw two deer making a dash for it as we neared the tennis courts.🦌  My wildlife sighting of the day.  Fire ant mounds don't count - they're everywhere!

@msmayormentioned voting day.  We early voted here in Georgia which is very easy to do regardless of what you've heard on the news.🙂  I hope all of you will exercise your right to vote no matter what the issue, large or small.  It's also All Souls Day which brings to mind the name of my church where I grew up and the same church we were married in 52 years ago.  I enjoy deviled eggs, and don't mind looking for circles.  Quite a wacky quote!  The jerk chicken tacos look good but I don't like spicy foods so would have try a bite first before I could commit.  A salute to @bdrcole who is having her final radiation treatment.  Prayers for all on the Care list.  Cheers to our celebrants today!🎉🥂 

My source for easily checking where we've sailed and when has not been working the past couple of days, but I think I can confidently say I've been to St. Kitts and Nevis only one time.  I remember it because we took our adult daughter on a Caribbean cruise in Nov. 2006 to cheer her up after her divorce and the hard times it brought her.  She is now a cruise lover too!  We got off the ship there and spent the day shopping for a trinket for her Christmas gift, a tanzanite ring.  A little sparkle always helps!  If we were to go back I would enjoy a tour like the batik tour @msmayorwent on.  

It looked to be a beautiful island with mountains.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEhXjgByMM2YQIPTgLtTDG?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123146

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJg0B_O-2UcJ6kD4bTi2k-Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123148

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK2xk9K317s69IbEMz5UIq-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123163

The ship was Crown Princess.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFe61Uqz65TXxqgraBgwvP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123144

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJFcv3W4GcHgoy1tIVixYEW?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123124

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKaYpSw0dB9RaEnmL_dxK20?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1345123134

We had a blast on that cruise with our daughter.  Lovely memories.💕

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good morning, everyone!

It is supposed to be a beautiful day, although a little nippy.  Highs are in the 40s.  But, we'll have blue skies and lots of sunshine.

@JAM37 We started having staff inservice day on election day.  Kids stayed home and staff came to school.  The reason was that voting was held in many of the elementary schools causing a disruption to classes and a security concern.  We felt it better to keep the kids home on days when the buildings were wide open to the public.  

Today's meal sounds interesting.   I haven't had jerk chicken before, but I'm willing to give it a try. This first one looks so good!  I'd probably go for the inside and leave the tortilla out for the sake of saving on carbs.  

https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos/

jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos-14t.thumb.jpg.359e510219ecfcb18f6890bb83976515.jpg

This one makes it really easy as it uses shredded rotisserie chicken:  https://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Jamaican-Jerk-Chicken-Tacos-8290

709743431_jamaicanjerkchickentacos3.thumb.jpg.ac7feb1a83b225cf5598be43a317da31.jpg

And here we have chicken cut in chunks to go along with the nice chunks of pineapple.  https://www.modernhoney.com/jamaican-jerk-chicken-tacos/

64399443_jamaicanjerkchickentacos4.thumb.jpg.17a7019bf81c19c64578eb12d18195f1.jpg

Thank you, Debbie. That makes a lot of sense. The schools in Florida are not used that way and I only worked at the West Point schools when we lived in New York which are not used for that either.

These recipes would make a great salad saving carbs as you said. Thanks, again, for your dedication.

• Like 16