The Daily for Friday 02/25/2022

richwmn

43 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I’m spending my day in a hospital ER being worked up for stomach pain.

Life’s fine moments.

I'm sorry to hear about this unexpected event today!  Not a nice place to be.  I hope they find it's not serious.  Keep us updated.

• Like 15

57 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Diverticulitis is the diagnosis. have been worse.

That was pretty fast, at least in Daily time.  Not for the sufferer.  DH had terrible stomach pains one day in July 2017.  We went to the ER and we sat there waiting for test results to come back, then for the doctor to come in and see him.  After about 6 hours he found out it was diverticulitis.  It was midnight before we got home from the ER.  Good thing it wasn't appendicitis!   After a short sleep we got up and flew to Barcelona to begin a cruise.  He continued to take the antibiotics while on the 21 day cruise, but for the first week he was not quite 100%.  He would sit down and rest when we were visiting ports, or just stay on the ship while I went on tours.  But it all worked out fine.  No more diverticulitis since then.

Hope your pain is short-lived.🤒

• Like 19

@aliaschief, so glad you received a fast and treatable diagnosis.  I know you are relieved.

There are many of you currently dealing with the healthcare systems in US and Canada; wherever you are it can be frustratingly slow.  Each one of you is in my thoughts.

NE OK weather report:  Bright sunshine but still below freezing.  Tulsa is pretty good about clearing the main roads, but neighborhoods are SOL - that’s Sleet Outa Luck.  Our amusement for the last couple of days has been watching random cars trying to make it up the hill.  Temperatures are set to climb, so I should be able to put the trash out safely on Sunday afternoon!

Best to all.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@Cruising-along Oh no on DS's seller and realtor being sued. What is this person suing about?

I probably don't have all the details, but he believes his offer wasn't considered....turns out he's been hounding the seller for years because he wants the property (2+ acres of land, he probably doesn't care about the house).  He's been trying to get it for below asking price, just isn't going to happen in this market. The attorneys don't think he has a leg to stand on, but it's annoying to say the least.

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

@Cruising-along yikes on that AC,  did you try the big box?  We had great luck with them.   So strange and difficult for your DS.

As a matter of fact yes, one of the estimates yesterday was from the big box.  We got our furnace from them 4 years ago.  Price was good, but they're booked out until August.  There's a possibility they'll have a cancelation, we're waiting to hear about that.  Meanwhile another company (our first estimate) can do it in April-May, so things are looking better now!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Viewer said:

Good morning everyone, thanks for the good wishes. DH procedure was scheduled for 9 am today and I got to the hospital at 8:30 so I could see him before. When I got here I was told it was rescheduled for 11:30 and I couldn't go in until visiting hours starting at 10. So I'm sitting outside waiting to be granted access. Thank goodness I'm in So Florida and don't have to deal with the terrible weather so many of you are experiencing.

It seems that the procedure will be done today, the waiting and lack of timely communication is the most stressful part of all of this. I'm glad this daily exists, I appreciate the support.

Best wishes for a successful procedure for your DH today.

Graham.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I’m spending my day in a hospital ER being worked up for stomach pain.

Life’s fine moments.

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Diverticulitis is the diagnosis. have been worse.

Glad you got a quick diagnosis. Hope the pain goes away soon and you don’t get a flare up. 

• Like 18

Good afternoon! We had a late start today and then had a wonderful early lunch at a local fish shack along the Tennessee River with our local senior center group. Catfish is big here, so DH was very happy. I had a boring BLT, but it was tasty. 

While we were there, a pickup went by, pulling an open trailer. On the trailer was a nice motorcycle. On the motorcycle was a dude wearing only a hoodie! He was smiling and seemed quite happy to be on that bike, with no indication that he was freezing his bits off (it was about 40 degrees…). Lol

I like the collection of days. IMO there is not enough quiet in this world. 

I would definitely have the wine and drink, but not the dish. Ugh…

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

Good afternoon.  I'm late today, but I think I have a good excuse besides a few household chores.  We were on the phone this morning with our PCC and added another week to our upcoming cruise.  I have already completed the on-line check in.  Now, we'll be doing two Mexican Riviera cruises and two California coastal cruises, and we'll be gone from March 6 to April 3.

@richwmn  Rich, you got me again with chocolate as part of one of the days.  I like chocolate covered peanuts , but my favorites are chocolate covered almonds.  I enjoy quiet times with a good book.  We try to eat right, but every once in a while, we just have to have some junk food.  🤣

Today's quote is very good, and I think the Dailyites try to act on it as often as possible.  🛳️  @dfish  Debbie, thank you for the MLK and Walter Cronkite quotes.  I wish more people, especially world leaders, would follow their advice.

We will definitely pass on the meal.  I like a good mojito, and I might try this version.  I'll pass on the wine as I'm not a big white wine fan.

We have not been to Rotterdam, but hope to get there someday.  @StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you for the pictures. 

@rafinmd  Welcome home, Roy.  I hope the cruise was relaxing.

@kazu  Hope your advocating today will do some good.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope the doctor has some tricks in his bag that will help Tana.  Glad she has such a big support team, including the neighbor, that makes it possible for her to go to the appointments.

@Sea Viewer  Sending positive thoughts for your DH and the success of the procedure today. 

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope no news is good news in the case of your niece.  Positive thoughts for no more bad news.

@fatcat04  Sorry your DMIL had another fall, but glad she did not break any bones.  While getting things set up will be stressful, DMIL agreeing to go to an assisted living facility will help lessen some of the stress and worry in the long run.

@Cruising-along  Hope you can get the a/c installed before summer.  😱  Yikes on the lawsuit over DS and DSIL's new house.  Hope the suit is dismissed quickly.

@msmayor  Connie, glad you both could make it to your DD's yesterday. 

@aliaschief  Sorry you had to go to the ER, but glad the diagnosis was not too serious.  Antibiotics should clear it up.  Hope you feel better soon.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Safe travels home this weekend.  Fingers crossed 🤞 your test Monday will be negative.

@cruzn single  Glad you are feeling better.

@summer slope  Glad your passports came back so quickly.  

@JazzyV  Vanessa, sorry you had a flare up in your eye.  Hoping it clears up quickly.

@Navybikermom  What a sight that must have been.  I can't get the image out of my head now.  🤣

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 3

What a crazy day!! DH is having his procedure now, but as a visitor there is nowhere for me to wait at the hospital. I could have waited in his hospital room but he is being transferred to a different room after the procedure and that has not been assigned yet. It seems the procedure is going to be more extensive than originally planned and will require at least 2 hours in Recovery per the latest update. I was advised my the nurse to go home and wait for a call about the progress. Also if he doesn't get assigned a room before 7pm I will not be able to visit him until 10am tomorrow.

He has procedures at this hospital before and we have never experienced anything like this.

Covid has really affected everything.

@kazu I have even more respect for how you are handling Jose's medical issues after my comparitivly minor experience.

Thanks everyone for the support, just being there has been very helpful to me.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 12

6 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

What a crazy day!! DH is having his procedure now, but as a visitor there is nowhere for me to wait at the hospital. I could have waited in his hospital room but he is being transferred to a different room after the procedure and that has not been assigned yet. It seems the procedure is going to be more extensive than originally planned and will require at least 2 hours in Recovery per the latest update. I was advised my the nurse to go home and wait for a call about the progress. Also if he doesn't get assigned a room before 7pm I will not be able to visit him until 10am tomorrow.

He has procedures at this hospital before and we have never experienced anything like this.

Covid has really affected everything.

@kazu I have even more respect for how you are handling Jose's medical issues after my comparitivly minor experience.

Thanks everyone for the support, just being there has been very helpful to me.

Sending positive thoughts for the procedure even though it will be more extensive that planned.  Hope he gets a room in time for you to see him today.  Covid certainly has turned everything upside down, especially the medical system.

Waiting to hear is hard, but hang in there

Lenda

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

I probably don't have all the details, but he believes his offer wasn't considered....turns out he's been hounding the seller for years because he wants the property (2+ acres of land, he probably doesn't care about the house).  He's been trying to get it for below asking price, just isn't going to happen in this market. The attorneys don't think he has a leg to stand on, but it's annoying to say the least.

Maybe this is a naive question, but do all offers HAVE to be considered? Isn’t it up to the seller to decide?

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank’s  to all of you for kind words, prayers and concerns.

It’ been a  long and painful 24 hours. I’m back home and in a few days of antibiotics should be good to go.

One never knows; so enjoy life every day as it just doesn’t last forever.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Maybe this is a naive question, but do all offers HAVE to be considered? Isn’t it up to the seller to decide?

My guess would be that just seeing the offer and not liking it could be seen as considering the offer.  If his offer was below the asking price, and there were higher officers, I would not really "consider" the low bid.

Lenda

• Like 12

31 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Thank’s  to all of you for kind words, prayers and concerns.

It’ been a  long and painful 24 hours. I’m back home and in a few days of antibiotics should be good to go.

One never knows; so enjoy life every day as it just doesn’t last forever.

I am glad  you are home and hope you feel better soon.

• Like 18

9 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from SW Florida, another beautiful day with a high of 85.

Off to the Golf Course soon for a Men's Day Scramble.

Hope everyone is well.

Thank's for The Daily.

have a good day scrambling.  Then ya can go home and watch the Honda classic.

I see Brooks is not playing but his brother Chase is.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

47 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

My guess would be that just seeing the offer and not liking it could be seen as considering the offer.  If his offer was below the asking price, and there were higher officers, I would not really "consider" the low bid.

Lenda

I agree.  When homes are selling for half again the asking price, it was foolish of him to put in such a low offer.  It sounds to me that he's used to getting his way and gets the lawyers out when he doesn't. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good Friday morning.  Love chocolate covered most anything, but especially nuts.  Would love

Instructions
Muddle basil with strawberries, simple syrup, and lime juice. Fill with ice and add remaining ingredients and top with ice. Stir. Top off with soda water. Garnish with a small basil leaf and fresh ground pepper.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 8.04.24 AM.png

oh my I am not a drinker but this one looks so pretty I might try it.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

have a good day scrambling.  Then ya can go home and watch the Honda classic.

I see Brooks is not playing but his brother Chase is.

Brooks is playing, he's 1 under for the day as he just made his first birdie of the day on his last hole.

No one in the afternoon has been able to cut into Berger's 3 shot lead.

We had a good day, our team tied for 1st place but we lost on a match of cards and took home 2nd place money.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 8