The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday September 13th, 2022

richwmn

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

And the installing of our new dishwasher!🙏🙏😁

I think you were hoping for a cancellation opening up an earlier date.  I hope that doesn't happen while you're getting your grandparent fix.

Roy

• Like 15

Good morning Dailyites. A beautiful calm morning here in Georgetown. 

Prayers lifted to all our friends here and their families. Camilla looks as adorable as ever. Debbie fingers crossed you get a sold house soon and the offer accepted on the other. Terri, as Gerry suggested look upward for strength and hey, a new house with fresh paint is something to look forward to!

My sweet husband loves peanuts, especially boiled peanuts. He has a few neighbors hooked on them now. When the shelves are stocked with them, I buy a dozen cans.

image.png.cf62b455a6d39a026a356682ac5d39b6.png

Last night was game night and had a great time ending with a Birthday cake. All 3 couples wanted my simple recipe for chicken enchilada dip. Today will be quiet around here.

Yesterday a baby hummingbird hit our window. I picked him up and held him til he felt ready to fly. This was my 3rd hummingbird I've held. I wasn't so lucky with a baby bunting. One of the guys buried it in my garden last night.

Hoping my friends here have a wonderful day. Prayers for those in the hurricane paths. Blessings, Cheers and Prayers. Xx

• Like 23

Good Morning All,

It’s already Tuesday. Hard to believe how fast time is flying. We still have heat and lots of humidity ( which is probably why we haven’t had local fires), and the sun is definitely going down sooner. 

@Seasick Sailor Boiled peanuts? Do they become a paste?

Today’s Wine:

Four Vines 2019 Naked Chardonnay (Central Coast) 

From California’s Central Coast, today’s wine is a Chardonnay. I’m finding it for around $11.  If anyone has had this, can we get an opinion? I would love to have a go-to Chardonnay for when guests come that only drink white wines. 

This unoaked bottling carries all the tropical hallmarks of the style, starting with jasmine and guava flesh on the nose. The palate is generous in both acidity and flavor, showing pineapple, lychee, guava and stone fruit that linger into the grippy finish. MATT KETTMANN

Critic tasting note: "This unoaked bottling

Four Vines 2019 Naked Chardonnay (Central Coast) C

Critic tasting note: "This unoaked bottling carries all the tropical hallmarks of the style, starting with jasmine and guava flesh on the nose. The palate is generous in both acidity and flavor, showing pineapple, lychee, guava and stone fruit that linger into the grippy finish. Matt Kettmann" - 91/100, Wine Enthusiast

Have a great day everyone!

D4A60A20-FCE0-462A-BB4A-2C9C029CE8B0.jpeg

0F9F739B-9B86-47E0-B218-DE7729E40FA6.jpeg

Edited by TiogaCruiser
Hick up!
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

@dfishI hope that you get an offer on your Cleveland home soon.  I have never been to Midland but I think they have a beautiful botanical garden there.    

Midland does have Dow Gardens, a wonderful place to walk around and enjoy nature.   There is also Whiting Forest.   There you'll find an extensive canopy walk along with regular hiking trails.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I think you were hoping for a cancellation opening up an earlier date.  I hope that doesn't happen while you're getting your grandparent fix.

Roy

Correct! I have strong feelings that cancellation list is quite long. I’m getting quite proficient in washing by hand.🤪

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

Good morning, all! It’s been so long since I’ve had my coffee in bed time in the morning, so I haven’t posted in ages. The smoke blanketing southern BC and Washington State hasn’t spared us at all. Late last week a wildfire broke out not far from here, and grew fast. We aren’t in any danger from the fire, but the day before yesterday the air quality hit the Hazardous zone. At one point I was using a charcoal filter mask inside the house. Today is much better. The fire is still out of control and growing, but the smoke is following a different path for the moment.

Todays wine is intriguing. I seriously dislike Oaked Chardonnay, but love an unoaked one.

@Cruzin Terri I really hope they have discovered all there is to discover and the house improves from this point on. What a disaster! @dfish fingers crossed for a good offer coming in soon! @rafinmd Roy, please take me off the care list now. As long as I behave, all is well.

Today we see our TA and pick up the final paper work for our 220 day adventure! We have all our prescription meds and travel insurance and that sort of thing. The check off list counting down to D-day is on track. Tomorrow we go across to Bellingham to get our updated Covid boosters. Canada has been unbelievably slow deciding how to roll them out, and we don’t have time to wait any longer. The clock is ticking, and the excitement is building!

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I would love to be on the smoke free deck of a BHB right now, but soon it will happen.

• Like 28

Initially because of being slightly ill, and then because I had nowhere to go, I hadn't been out of the house since Wednesday. Taking the trash out this morning, I discovered a package that had been sitting in front of the garage door since Friday.

I'll pass on the dumplings, but both the cocktail and the wine would be OK with me.

166552396_onlydeity.thumb.jpg.503465d640e3c90fc1aa749017f18a06.jpg

• Like 23
  • Haha 3

Good morning all!

A cloudy, cooler morning here, with highs in the upper 60's F.  Fall is coming fast!

I'm not superstitious, fortune cookies are ok, and I like peanuts.  The quote is a good one.  Usually I like just a touch of oak in my Chardonnay, so not sure about the wine, will pass on the drink and would like the meal but just a few for a side dish. Have never been to the Philippines.

Dixie @summer slopethe date for the rocket launch will be easy for me to remember, that's our 53rd anniversary. 🙂  

Terry @smitty34877thank you for another adorable photo of Camilla!  She's getting so big!

@Horizon chaser 1957good that you can get your booster in Bellingham (my home town) tomorrow.  We have appointments to get ours on the 21st, 2 weeks before we leave for our next cruise. 

@Cruzin TerriI'm so sorry nothing seems to be going right.  I pray there will be no more surprises, and that you can enjoy an "all new" house paid by insurance when this is over.

We're getting anxious and can't wait to get on a BHB in a few weeks.  Once this weekend with the DGSs is over, we'll be getting last hair cuts, our 3rd boosters, going into self-quarantine, and start packing!  Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily/Fleet Report.

I am not too superstitious; mainly about sports - in playoffs I have "lucky" shirts, lol. I like the fortunes, but not the cookies. I love peanut butter (chunky) and pb cookies, but not eating peanuts themselves. I think that's a true quote.

I like the meal (reminds me of German maultaschen). Pass on the drink and wine.

I haven't been to Puerto Princesa or anywhere in the Philippines. Thanks for any photos to come.

I woke up cold! It was only 52F outside and the house was a bit chilly. Only a high of 69F today. BFF is coming over later to watch more of The Rings of Power. 

@Cruzin Terri So sorry to hear they are finding more issues, but they all need to be discovered to fix things properly. Hard to believe how much damage was done by that leak! 

@dfish It sounds like your house get an offer soon!

@StLouisCruisers Good luck to DH at the dentist.

@smitty34877 Thanks for a picture of the Princess on her "throne"!

@Horizon chaser 1957 I'm glad you're not in fire danger, but the smoke sounds awful!

Prayers for the Care List and a Salute to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from partly cloudy and windy central Texas.  Right now, it's still comfortable outside, but the predicted high is somewhere in the 90s.  I won't be disappointed if it doesn't reach the 90s.

Three good days to celebrate.  I'll admit in some cases I'm a little bit superstitious.  We enjoy fortune cookies and peanuts.  But @JazzyV Vanessa, I'll trade you my peanut butter for your peanuts.  I'm one who does not like peanut butter. It's both a texture and taste thing with me.  @kazu  Jacqui, when I started reading the Fleet/Daily very early this morning, I also thought the first two days were contradictory.  I guess great minds do think alike.  🤣

The quote is interesting, and I think it is probably true.  

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'm not a chardonnay fan, but I might like to try this unoaked one.

We have not been to Puerto Princesa, Philippines.  I hope someone has pictures to share with us.

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I'm sorry they are finding more water damage, but I agree, it's better to find it now than later.  Hopefully, in the not to distant future, the house will be repaired and you'll be back home.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope everything goes smoothly for your DH at the dentist today.

@HAL4NOW  i hope the fire danger is less today, and that they are getting it under control

@dfish  Debbie, I hope one of the five looking at your house today is the one with a great offer.

@ger_77  Gerry, safe travels and enjoy the time with the grandkids.

@smitty34877  Terry, thanks for another great picture of Camilla.  She is such a cutie and is growing so fast.

@aliaschief  Bruce, safe travels Friday to get your grandkid fix.

@Seasick Sailor  Joy, I'm glad you were able to save the baby hummingbird, but sorry about the baby bunting.

@TiogaCruiser  As Joy and Allen @Seasick Sailor can tell you, boiled peanuts are a Southern thing.

@Horizon chaser 1957  Laura, I'm glad you are not in any danger from the wildfire near you.  I hope the smoke keeps going another direction.  Good luck with your boosters tomorrow.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 6

Good morning and thanks all, the  drink, the wine, the peanuts, the dumplings yum!  And the quote, lol!  

@Cruzin Terri I feel your pain, we came home one winter to an ice dam that causes water leakage inside our home,  the living room had to be taken down to studs,  and they discovered asbestos so we needed it insulated from the rest of the house and a shower in the entrance for the workers safety and we had to move to a hotel,   Sadly the repair took many months,  the silver lining is we put in a huge new window,   Hope you have a silver lining. 

7014E546-106F-4A1A-A103-E03EF9D57D87.jpeg

B0302322-D8C3-4EB3-BAB5-F9225F58F0ED.jpeg

E82013A1-D784-4A54-86DC-43A09321A688.jpeg

835ECE93-F44D-4B5A-A843-43654E3B7320.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26

We often enjoy today's meal.  The word looks unpronounceable as written.  It is pronounced "sway jow".  We usually buy them frozen in Asian markets or Costco.  If first boiled then fried, we call them "pot stickers", but the Chinese name is "jow tse".

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

That sounds tasty.  Please share with us.

Chicken Enchilada Dip

2 cups shredded chicken 

1 10 oz can El Paso (mild or spicy) red enchilada sauce 

1 small can green chilies

1 cup shredded Jack cheese

1 cup cheddar cheese

8 oz cream cheese softened 

Whip cream cheese, add sauce and beat til smooth.

Add chilies, all the chicken, and half the cheeses. Mix well.

Spray 13 x 9 pan. Add ingredients and smooth. Add remaining cheeses on top.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or til bubbly. 

Serve with Frito scoops

• Like 13
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Chicken Enchilada Dip

2 cups shredded chicken 

1 10 oz can El Paso (mild or spicy) red enchilada sauce 

1 small can green chilies

1 cup shredded Jack cheese

1 cup cheddar cheese

8 oz cream cheese softened 

Whip cream cheese, add sauce and beat til smooth.

Add chilies, all the chicken, and half the cheeses. Mix well.

Spray 13 x 9 pan. Add ingredients and smooth. Add remaining cheeses on top.

Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or til bubbly. 

Serve with Frito scoops

Thanks for the recipe Joy.  It sounds delicious and easy.  I'm wondering if black beans, either whole or mashed, could be substituted for the vegetarians in the family.

Lenda

• Like 8