The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 21st, 2022

richwmn

1 minute ago, HAL Sailer said:

We just received 'the best news possible' from DSIL. Her full body scan and brain MRI show that the melanoma has not spread beyond her arm and nearby axillary nodes. The correct chemo port has been located at a metro area hospital, so she will travel there tomorrow for insertion under general anesthesia. And, her first chemo is now planned for Friday at an infusion center near her home.

We know DSIL has a long road ahead, but this is truly the best news possible!

Thanks for all your prayers,

-Melisa

Excellent!

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

We just received 'the best news possible' from DSIL. Her full body scan and brain MRI show that the melanoma has not spread beyond her arm and nearby axillary nodes. The correct chemo port has been located at a metro area hospital, so she will travel there tomorrow for insertion under general anesthesia. And, her first chemo is now planned for Friday at an infusion center near her home.

-Melisa

Melisa, three cheers for DSIL and your entire family!🥳  Things are looking up!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Well from fires, to hurricanes I pray that our fellow cruisers remain safe and damage free. Got a tropical depression brewing that could possibly affect us down the road. Tis the season and we have been fortunate so far. International Peace that is a dream.🙏

I made a delicious grilled shrimp/corn Southwestern Chili salad last night that was really good. Surprisingly it was an old Betty Crocker recipe. Tonight is a favorite comfort meatloaf dinner.

Tomorrow we start our Autumn season so looking forward to cooling down some but that doesn’t seem the case on this weeks forecast.

Debbie I do hope your home inspection goes well and the house you want offer goes through.

Thanks Rich for the report. Roy for your faithful Care List and to all our “CC” friends and reporters.

Enjoy your day!

Bruce

• Like 21

Good morning.  It has been a crazy few months.  I pop into CC a few minutes at a time, just to divert my attention from life for a while.

We went to a First Nation (Mohawk) wedding in Canada this weekend.  My best friend’s daughter was married in a beautiful ceremony and setting, and the day couldn’t have been anymore perfect.  We “camped” with my other best friend (the three of us have been together for almost 40 years) and her husband.  We had a lot of laughs around the campfire and we have dozens of mosquito bites to show for it.  Oh, and I say “camped” because we stayed in a cute little tiny house and my friend was in a camper next door.

Last night, right after we got home, my husband received the call that his father is at end of life.  He is heading to NC, today, to be there for his mother.  We had a little cry.  I have a dilemma in that I am scheduled to fly to Europe next Wednesday.  I am meeting my sister in the UK to begin a long planned-for holiday, and have a tight schedule between now and then, so we’ll just throw a little guilt into the mix.  We stopped in to see my parents on the way to the wedding and my Dad’s not looking good.  *heavy sigh*  I have to trust that everything is playing out the way it should be and it is in God’s/the Creator’s hands now.

We went from new beginnings and discussions of babies, to new endings and discussions of death, in a flick of the switch.  Funny that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 16

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm sure everyone here wishes for world peace.  I think next summer we'll have to take our grandsons for some miniature golf; that should be fun.  We are grateful for so many things in our lives and continue to be every day.  

Well not only is the sun getting lazy - up later and down earlier, but the temperature has dropped as well.  This is our first minus temperature this morning; it's only -1, but it means there's more to come.  When I got up, the house temp had gone down to +16, so it was a little brisk until I made some tea to warm up.  At least we don't have to worry about hurricanes or tropical depressions, we just add a little more clothing.

@kazuI hope you're able to get through your appointments in time, and can manage shifting all the heavy things around so your furniture and the car don't sustain any damage.   Or you either, for that matter! 

@dfishI'm glad your basement stayed dry; fingers crossed for a great inspection later today.

@HAL Sailerthat IS good news - thanks for sharing it with us!

@Crazy For CatsHappy Birthday to Tucker for yesterday and to Jasper on Friday!

@smitty34877 I hope Tana has a good report from her medical today.

@HAL4NOWgood to hear the fires are dying down; let's hope it continues that way.

I like today's menu suggestion, and had a thought for those wanting to reduce the carbs, why not use lettuce leaves for the wrap instead of tortillas?  I've got a small pork roast that will go into the oven this afternoon with some vegetables (DH's fave), that we'll be enjoying with coleslaw at the table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who are hurting, cheers for the happy times.  Stay safe, everyone!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you Debbie  for the recipes @dfish.I hope the inspection  goes well today.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Debbie @dfishwonderful news there was no water in the basement this morning.  Looks like the problem has been solved.  Have a good day out while the inspection is going on.  

51 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@dfishthe Carnitas look great and are having me thinking Mexican restaurant again but it will be broiled Cod for us.   I am glad your foundation work kept your basement dry! 

40 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@dfish  Yeah, Debbie, on the dry basement, and for your neighbor Trevor.  

31 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Debbie I do hope your home inspection goes well and the house you want offer goes through.

5 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@dfishI'm glad your basement stayed dry; fingers crossed for a great inspection later today.

Thanks, everyone!   I am hopeful.   Off to do my laps.

@HAL Sailer Thank you for the good news about your DSIL.   I hope all goes well for her.

@kazu So happy you got the car back.  It is really hard to go without.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Daily-ites. 

Today should be wringing your hands day. Fires, storms, inspections, doctor's appointments, nuclear threats.

image.png.a294b00c992b8916abfe761be684a6da.png

A happy day for Melissa getting good news on DSIL.

image.png.684f8b53ca0c6b3e7a0ab5fcb111bdfe.png

I don't have a clue about dinner tonight. Bruce's shrimp salad sounds pretty darn good..

Last evening I was pulling some weeds in the flower bed and got 6 fire ant bites. They are blistered and so painful. I got the fire ant killer granules on the mound and this morning they were all gone. Our monthly pest team is due on Thursday for our last mosquito spray and yearly fire ant treatment. 🐜 Go figure..

I got 2 notices today for our Dec 11 and Dec 28th Rotterdam cruise showing we now depart at 3pm rather than 4. Hope that doesn't cause problems for those coming in the day of.

Wishing everyone a great day. I'll keep you in my prayers today. God bless!

• Like 20

This morning the Junior Cat asked for food! She didn't eat as much as I hoped, but more than she has at one time in the past week. After that she went upstairs and hopped onto my bed, her favorite napping place when the house isn't cold (when it is, she has a heated bed). She seemed to want me to join her, so I did for a while.

Today I have a Zoom interview for a research project on caffeine reduction, then an acupuncture appointment and, in the afternoon, an online meeting sponsored by NASA to communicate  research to artists and educators.

1056204183_productiveday.thumb.jpg.31297d12900e956bf045dfca876384ea.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

Today should be wringing your hands day. Fires, storms, inspections, doctor's appointments, nuclear threats.

image.png.a294b00c992b8916abfe761be684a6da.png

A happy day for Melissa getting good news on DSIL.

image.png.684f8b53ca0c6b3e7a0ab5fcb111bdfe.png

I don't have a clue about dinner tonight. Bruce's shrimp salad sounds pretty darn good..

Last evening I was pulling some weeds in the flower bed and got 6 fire ant bites. They are blistered and so painful. I got the fire ant killer granules on the mound and this morning they were all gone. Our monthly pest team is due on Thursday for our last mosquito spray and yearly fire ant treatment. 🐜 Go figure..

I got 2 notices today for our Dec 11 and Dec 28th Rotterdam cruise showing we now depart at 3pm rather than 4. Hope that doesn't cause problems for those coming in the day of.

Wishing everyone a great day. I'll keep you in my prayers today. God bless!

Joy, checking in between classes. I hate fire ants!

If you haven’t already done so -  Get rubbing alcohol on those bites ASAP. If done immediately, it can prevent the blisters. But it can still take the sting & itch away. Works great for poison oak, ivy & sumac, too. 

Haven’t tried on wasp stings, but I will if I am unlucky enough to be stung. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Joy, checking in between classes. I hate fire ants!

If you haven’t already done so -  Get rubbing alcohol on those bites ASAP. If done immediately, it can prevent the blisters. But it can still take the sting & itch away. Works great for poison oak, ivy & sumac, too. 

Haven’t tried on wasp stings, but I will if I am unlucky enough to be stung. 

Thank you Ann. I'll put some on right now. 

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Good morning.  It has been a crazy few months.  I pop into CC a few minutes at a time, just to divert my attention from life for a while.

We went to a First Nation (Mohawk) wedding in Canada this weekend.  My best friend’s daughter was married in a beautiful ceremony and setting, and the day couldn’t have been anymore perfect.  We “camped” with my other best friend (the three of us have been together for almost 40 years) and her husband.  We had a lot of laughs around the campfire and we have dozens of mosquito bites to show for it.  Oh, and I say “camped” because we stayed in a cute little tiny house and my friend was in a camper next door.

Last night, right after we got home, my husband received the call that his father is at end of life.  He is heading to NC, today, to be there for his mother.  We had a little cry.  I have a dilemma in that I am scheduled to fly to Europe next Wednesday.  I am meeting my sister in the UK to begin a long planned-for holiday, and have a tight schedule between now and then, so we’ll just throw a little guilt into the mix.  We stopped in to see my parents on the way to the wedding and my Dad’s not looking good.  *heavy sigh*  I have to trust that everything is playing out the way it should be and it is in God’s/the Creator’s hands now.

We went from new beginnings and discussions of babies, to new endings and discussions of death, in a flick of the switch.  Funny that.

@*Miss G*I'm sorry to hear of your DFIL going downhill.  I hope your DH can arrive in time to spend some quality time with his DD.  Also sad to hear your Dad didn't look well on your last visit.  We have no parents left and have been in your spot before.  So we know how it feels and it's not great.  Prayers for your family.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

@*Miss G* 

Goodness, I'm sorry for your family situation.  Like Sandi, we no longer have parents but understand what you are going through. 

My sister and I were in the same dilemma. We were due for our Hawaii trip and didn't know if we should go. But dad was in good hands at the nursing home and we made it back a month before he passed.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@*Miss G*I'm sorry to hear of your DFIL going downhill.  I hope your DH can arrive in time to spend some quality time with his DD.  Also sad to hear your Dad didn't look well on your last visit.  We have no parents left and have been in your spot before.  So we know how it feels and it's not great.  Prayers for your family.

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@*Miss G* 

Goodness, I'm sorry for your family situation.  Like Sandi, we no longer have parents but understand what you are going through. 

My sister and I were in the same dilemma. We were due for our Hawaii trip and didn't know if we should go. But dad was in good hands at the nursing home and we made it back a month before he passed.

Thank you, both, for your support.  I appreciate your words of comfort in a way I didn’t know I needed.  It is comforting to know you understand.  I am not ready to actually talk, at the moment, and The Daily was the only place I could think where I could say what’s on my mind without speaking.  Thank you, also, to those who have seen and “reacted” to my post.  You do not need to say anything further.  I receive what’s in your heart and I am thankful.  ❤️

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

This is excellent news for your DSIL.

Best wishes for a full recovery.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

I've never played golf or miniature golf, but love the other 2 worthy days!  Will pass on the wine, save the drink for Christmas, and the meal looks good.  I have no idea yet what will be for dinner (I'm only on cup #1 of coffee) 😉  Love the John Lennon quote.  We'll be at this port on the Grand Australia, I hope to see photos today!

Today I will get my last haircut before the cruise, and DH and I have appointments to get our 3rd boosters this morning.  Then it's self-isolate until we fly to Quebec City on the 7th.  We're watching to see if/how many of Canada's restrictions are lifted!  It sure would help with our planning and prep.

Sadly DD's kitty Nimbus has not been found.  It's been a week now and so strange as this cat never wanders. For the first time in their lives the DGSs don't have a pet. 

Prayers for all in the path of Fiona.

Jake @Crazy For CatsHappy Birthday(s) to Tucker and Jasper, two beautiful cats!

Debbie @dfishYAY about the basement being dry this morning and that you can relax (relatively) about the inspection.  As others have said, it's their job to find things but most likely if they do it will be minor, small things. You've got this and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 🙂  

@HAL4NOW thank you for the updates, I was so happy to see your news this morning.  I see that on Friday you should get some rain/frozen mix and the temperatures are definitely getting cooler.

Melisa @HAL SailerWhat GREAT news!!  I'm so happy for all of you.  I know she still has a rough road, but this is indeed good news.

@*Miss G* prayers for your DFIL and all the family.  Also I'm so sorry that your Dad isn't looking well.  ((hugs))

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Very good news indeed. I am sure she is feeling much more "up".

Susan

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  
@dfish glad to hear the repair worked!   Yum on those tostadas,  love  Mexican  food! 
@kazu glad you got the SUV back,  hope the storm passes safely!  

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Oh Melissa, what wonderful news!  Hoping all shall be well! 

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Life truly turns on a dime,  glad you felt you could share here.  Wishing you strength and peace as you navigate these difficult times.  

01742F5D-13AB-49F9-AEF7-BC0F982E0151.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

-Melisa

Melisa, that is the best possible news under the circumstances.  I'm happy for your DSIL, you, your DH and the rest of the family.  While she has a long road ahead, there is a much better outcome in sight.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.  Things did not go exactly as planned, and I had to make two trips to the store.  😒  At  least, I got everything on my list, for once, nothing extra!  Unfortunately, that made me later doing the outside chores than planned,   It was already warming up, but they are done.  That was followed by some more paperwork.  The good news is, we decided to go get an late lunch/early dinner, at our favorite Tex/Mex restaurant.

5 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

Happy Hump Day!  We are having one more warm day before fall weather sets in.  I plan on cutting back my front perennial garden and then behind that I will have to spray Wet & Forget on the siding.  We had a damp summer and my large plants hold the humidity in that area.   All is set for our trip to Baltimore.  Lunch with a former employee now friend next Friday then dinner with my old neighbor at a favorite Italian restaurant.  Next day is an afternoon late lunch with my late DH's son and DDIL.  Sunday the big game then meeting dear friends for Sushi after the game.  Finally on Monday I will have lunch with my Master Gardener friends for Indian food.  DF doesn't care for Indian so I think this will be my first Indian since I left Baltimore County in 2016.   

It sounds like your trip is set, and will be a busy one with lots of good visits.

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Last night’s meal was so good I’m sharing the recipe. Roy you won’t want this!😁

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/grilled-southwestern-shrimp-salad/1c188b33-3dc2-4aac-b50f-543261beb8d9

Bruce, thanks for the recipe.  It looks good.

5 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I'm sorry about your DH's father nearing the end of his life.  Safe travels to you DH as he heads to NC.  I hope the situation with your father improves.  We have both lost our parents, and know what you are going through.  I'm glad you felt comfortable sharing with us, and we're here for you whenever you feel like sharing.

4 hours ago, kochleffel said:

This morning the Junior Cat asked for food! She didn't eat as much as I hoped, but more than she has at one time in the past week. After that she went upstairs and hopped onto my bed, her favorite napping place when the house isn't cold (when it is, she has a heated bed). She seemed to want me to join her, so I did for a while.

That is good news that the Junior Cat asked to be fed.    Sending positive thoughts for continued improvement.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Today I will get my last haircut before the cruise, and DH and I have appointments to get our 3rd boosters this morning.  Then it's self-isolate until we fly to Quebec City on the 7th.  We're watching to see if/how many of Canada's restrictions are lifted!  It sure would help with our planning and prep.

Sadly DD's kitty Nimbus has not been found.  It's been a week now and so strange as this cat never wanders. For the first time in their lives the DGSs don't have a pet. 

Hope you do not have a bad reaction to the third booster.  I'm sorry they have not found Nimbus yet.  Hope he turns up soon.

Lenda

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks for the Daily Report and I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

HAL canceled our March NA cruise. Not sure what we are going to do now.  😞 

Ahh, sorry to hear that 😔 Hope you can find a good replacement cruise 🤞 

6 hours ago, HAL Sailer said:

You are absolutely right!  This is the best news possible 👍 I so happy to hear it and thankful for all of you.

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Yikes on those bites.  I am so sorry.  I hope you can get some relief soon 🤞 

@*Miss G* such sad news on your dear father in law 😢 and so concerning on your own father. 💔   You are understandably conflicted but please don’t feel guilty.  My prayers are with you and your DH and of course, both of your fathers 🙏🏻   

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3