The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 7th, 2022

richwmn

Greetings from the”dark side “. Dark because we are in the tenth day with no power. Crews are working around the clock to make repairs and restore power but there is so much damage. “Camping out”is getting old. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 21

Thanks to Rich, Roy, and everyone for the news of the day!  I've been to Dawson Creek, but not Dawson City.  I love dried fish and used to eat it with the servants when we lived in Manila.  In India there was a dried fish, called "Bombay duck" which was my favourite condiment with curry.  Good source of salt...

I am a little upset with CC these days.  I haven't been able to get my notifications back to just a number on  my little bell, and it is annoying to keep getting multiple emails again.  The problem there is that I fill up my webmail storage quickly, and then I have to spend ages deleting things.

Good news is that yesterday Pat tested negative for the first time.  He'll do another test tomorrow, to be like the President!  But, regardless, we won't be going to the family Thanksgiving celebration.

Bad news is that my cousin with ALS is in the ICU with breathing difficulties, which I think are the final step in the disease.  .  They are trying to stabilize her and then she will probably have hospice.  She got a feeding tube a few weeks ago and they hoped that would give her more time.  Her DH, who has Alzheimer's, is in Monterey with his brother, and I'm sure she is missing him.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11

8 minutes ago, jimgev said:

Greetings from the”dark side “. Dark because we are in the tenth day with no power. Crews are working around the clock to make repairs and restore power but there is so much damage. “Camping out”is getting old. 

Best wishes and empathy.  We were only seven days.  It does get better once you can put the generator away.  Camping out gets very old.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn, especially while you're on vacation.

Bald can be beautiful, on men. I walked to school growing up. The world could sure use more smiles. Nice quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish). The drink and wine sound good.

I haven't been to Dawson, Yukon. 

It's chilly (low 50's) and damp out. It's a busy day here. I spent the morning cleaning and moving some furniture in preparation for the delivery of my new LZ-Boy recliner this afternoon. I've never had a recliner before so this will be interesting. Then yesterday the roofer called and said he'd like to start on Monday. This morning he called about the delivery of the shingles. The company just delivered them and they're on my parking pad; neither the guy who delivered them or the roofer seemed concerned about theft. I did bring the roof vents into the garage, as metal has some scrap value. And I just realized I forgot to pay estimated taxes in September!

@Cruzin Terri I hope the weather improves for you. Glad you got to the beach!

@kazu I hope you make a big dent in your winter prep with your helper. I just brought my cacti inside today for the winter. And you have a cruise to look forward to!

@grapau27 I'm glad you're not feeling badly from the vaccine. I need to schedule mine. 

@marshhawk That crown issue doesn't sound pleasant; I hope the dentist fixes it next week.

@0106 Thanks for doing the recipes while @dfish is on vacation.

@RedneckBob Great story!

@Sharon in AZ The food looks great. Enjoy meeting up with Debbie tonight.

@ottahand7 Lovely fall view of the cabin, and nice of your neighbor to send it.

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope your response to the shots remains mild. Thanks for the photos of Dawson. 

@Cruising-along Safe travels.

@Heartgrove Sorry to hear that your brother continues to decline. Enjoy your time with Lily, and congrats to DD and DSIL on the house!

@durangoscots Prayers for the missing runner and his family.

@rafinmd Thanks for the Dawson stories and pictures.

@jimgev So sorry you're still without power. 

@Vict0riann Great news on Pat finally testing negative! Sad news about your cousin with ALS; prayers for her. I heard others mention the CC email issue; I haven't gotten any, just my regular online notifications on the site.

Prayers for the Care List. High Five for the Celebration List and all those cruising or about to cruise. I can't toast you, as I'm to limit alcohol due to the liver enzyme elevation.

Stay safe everyone.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 7

Good afternoon.  It's been a fairly dreary day with a lot of clouds and some sun breaks, but no rain.  We need rain, but the chances next week are between 24% and 33%;, so I'm not holding my breath.

It's been a busy day as I'm trying to get a lot of computer work and errands done before next week.  DH got the final clearance for his surgery next Tuesday morning.  The last we heard from the hospital is we have to be there at 5:30 am, so we'll be leaving about 0 dark 30 that morning.😒

6 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

The alarm went off at 4:30 this morning at our airport hotel. 🫤

Now sitting in the airport waiting for our 8 am flight (hurry up and wait). It will be a long 13-hour day before we reach Quebec City but I’m very excited although bleary-eyed!

Carolyn, I hope you have a save trip, and arrive safely in Quebec City. 

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, thank you Tina for today's recipes, and thank you Dixie for today's cocktail recipe. And thankyou all for being here!

Update on my brother. I spoke to DSIL yesterday and every day he fades a bit more. We had a discussion about our trip next week and she told me not to worry about it. His wishes are to be cremated and no service at that time. I essentially said goodbye to him when my sister passed away in June. We will make the trip again in December but before the holidays.

On a brighter note, my daughter and her husband have the walkthru of their new house next week with the closing the week after. While they are doing the walkthru, Lily is coming to visit us! Eight weeks old on Monday and definitely has grown. Really looking forward to it!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

Jack, I'm sorry the news about your brother is not good even if it's not unexpected.  I hope he remains comfortable for his remaining time.  That is good news that your DD and her DH are doing the walk through on their new house next week, and you will be getting some quality grandpa time.  

4 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning all. I can't tell you how much I envy those of you gathering in Quebec for your cruise. My day will come.

Chilly here this morning.... 40F when the dogs and I went for our first walk. I understand that dash when there is the sound of a pet getting ready to toss the cookies. Bandit did it to me the other day. I managed to leap from bed and get him onto a washable surface before the big moment.

Little from here.... have not been to Dawson and neither food nor drink appeal today. Right now the big news from Durango is the search for a missing runner outside of town in an area of very rough terrain. He was last seen Sunday morning and we fear the worst. His parents have arrived in town and are keeping vigil near his car which is parked at the trailhead. Weather has not been good with rain/hail and even a bit of snow in the area that is being searched. Very sad and scary. He is a young man but left for a short run and was not carrying the necessary to get him through prolonged exposure.

Back to clearing out stuff.I am trying to locate some items my Sister wants me to bring her and I have no idea where I packed them.

Susan

Susan, that is not good news about the runner.  I wish the best for him and his family.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I have been to Dawson City twice, both times in conjunction with land-sea itineraries.  I have no photos but a couple of stories from the 2002 trip.  It was primarily with a Canadian company that started by flying to Inuvik and then traveling the Dempster Highway to Dawson City and onwards to Skagway where we boarded the Zaandam for a 4-day cruise to Vancouver.  I'll start with our visit to Diamond Tooth Gerties (photo from 2018):

gerties.jpg

As we were leaving the performance at Gerties and returning to our hotel I noticed a couple ahead of me with familiar looking sweatshirts.  It turned out to be my County Executive, the Chief of a nearby Fire Department, and their wives (both wives were active in the fire service).  They had been on a HAL land tour and were also headed to the Zaandam.  We saw each other several other times before reaching Vancouver.

I was the only American in a bus full (about 20) of Canadians on the trip.  I enjoyed their hospitality as we participated in the Canada Day celebrations in Whitehorse.  We continued the next day to the Zaandam, and it became my turn to be host as we visited Ketchikan on July 4.  I had come armed with some US souvenirs for the occasion.

My second time was my 2018 Grand Alaska trip.  I disembarked Volendam in Skagway and started overland to the Yukon, Denali, and finally the Westerdam back to Vancouver.  A highlight of my time there was of course the Dawson Fire Museum:

firestuff.jpg

SS Keno was closed for renovation but still stately.

sskeno.jpg

There is little crime in Dawson.  What few trials there are are actually done in a room in the Dawson Museum:

newcourt.jpg

Finally, change tends to be slow in the far north.  I spotted this in the fire museum and learned that the number had only been changed about 2017:

no-911.jpg

Roy

Roy, thanks for finding a picture of Diamond Tooth Gertie's.  That really is some place.  I enjoyed your pictures of the Fire Museum.  We will have to check it out the next time we're there.  It is a small world when you run into people you know when far away from home.

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Finally the beach!

A8ABE550-0A4E-4990-AF70-B0283199D7D7.jpeg

Yeah, Terri.  You made it to the beach.  I hope the good weather continues.

36 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Thanks to Rich, Roy, and everyone for the news of the day!  I've been to Dawson Creek, but not Dawson City.  I love dried fish and used to eat it with the servants when we lived in Manila.  In India there was a dried fish, called "Bombay duck" which was my favourite condiment with curry.  Good source of salt...

I am a little upset with CC these days.  I haven't been able to get my notifications back to just a number on  my little bell, and it is annoying to keep getting multiple emails again.  The problem there is that I fill up my webmail storage quickly, and then I have to spend ages deleting things.

Good news is that yesterday Pat tested negative for the first time.  He'll do another test tomorrow, to be like the President!  But, regardless, we won't be going to the family Thanksgiving celebration.

Bad news is that my cousin with ALS is in the ICU with breathing difficulties, which I think are the final step in the disease.  .  They are trying to stabilize her and then she will probably have hospice.  She got a feeding tube a few weeks ago and they hoped that would give her more time.  Her DH, who has Alzheimer's, is in Monterey with his brother, and I'm sure she is missing him.  

Ann, that is good news that Pat has tested negative, and I hope he has a repeat tomorrow.  I'm sorry your cousin's ALS is progressing so quickly.  I hope she remains comfortable.  I'm sorry you will miss the family Thanksgiving, but that is a wise decision.  There were eight couples in our little community who did a cruise recently, and then had a big party when they returned.  We know of at least three people who now have covid, so we are keeping to ourselves mainly until after the last surgery on October 24.

50 minutes ago, jimgev said:

Jim, I'm sorry that you are still without power, but with all the devastation from Ian, I'm not surprised it's taking a while.  It takes time to build the grid back, but I hope it doesn't take too much longer.

6 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn, especially while you're on vacation.

Bald can be beautiful, on men. I walked to school growing up. The world could sure use more smiles. Nice quote. I'll pass on the meal (fish). The drink and wine sound good.

It's chilly (low 50's) and damp out. It's a busy day here. I spent the morning cleaning and moving some furniture in preparation for the delivery of my new LZ-Boy recliner this afternoon. I've never had a recliner before so this will be interesting. Then yesterday the roofer called and said he'd like to start on Monday. This morning he called about the delivery of the shingles. The company just delivered them and they're on my parking pad; neither the guy who delivered them or the roofer seemed concerned about theft. I did bring the roof vents into the garage, as metal has some scrap value. And I just realized I forgot to pay estimated taxes in September!

@kazu I hope you make a big dent in your winter prep with your helper. I just brought my cacti inside today for the winter. And you have a cruise to look forward to!

@grapau27 I'm glad you're not feeling badly from the vaccine. I need to schedule mine. 

@marshhawk That crown issue doesn't sound pleasant; I hope the dentist fixes it next week.

@RedneckBob Great story!

@Quartzsite Cruiser I hope your response to the shots remains mild. Thanks for the photos of Dawson. 

@Heartgrove Sorry to hear that your brother continues to decline. Enjoy your time with Lily, and congrats to DD and DSIL on the house!

@Vict0riann Great news on Pat finally testing negative! Sad news about your cousin with ALS; prayers for her. I heard others mention the CC email issue; I haven't gotten any, just my regular online notifications on the site.

Prayers for the Care List. High Five for the Celebration List and all those cruising or about to cruise. I can't toast you, as I'm to limit alcohol due to the liver enzyme elevation.

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, I hope you like your new recliner.  I enjoy the one I have in Quartzsite, and maybe I'll get one here someday.  So far the symptoms from the shots are still mild.  I had a stuffy nose for about a hour or so, but that could be something blowing in.  Otherwise, it's just the normal sore arms, a small price to pay for protection.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Good Afternoon from a beautiful day in San Diego.

We arrived yesterday after a very long day. We then had our Covid Tests at an airport clinic.  We waited and they printed the results for us. Thankfully all Negative!  I have it all uploaded to Verify and it says " Ready to Sail".   They got that right! 

This morning I met 2 people from our roll call at breakfast. I recognized his picture. He told me our itinerary has changed again. We are back to Bora Bora for 1 day and the next in Raitea. I think we all just have to expect changes at this point.  I guess the port officials in Bora Bora changed their minds but we cannot stay over nite.  All is well.

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good afternoon.  It's been a fairly dreary day with a lot of clouds and some sun breaks, but no rain.  We need rain, but the chances next week are between 24% and 33%;, so I'm not holding my breath.

It's been a busy day as I'm trying to get a lot of computer work and errands done before next week.  DH got the final clearance for his surgery next Tuesday morning.  The last we heard from the hospital is we have to be there at 5:30 am, so we'll be leaving about 0 dark 30 that morning.😒

Carolyn, I hope you have a save trip, and arrive safely in Quebec City. 

Jack, I'm sorry the news about your brother is not good even if it's not unexpected.  I hope he remains comfortable for his remaining time.  That is good news that your DD and her DH are doing the walk through on their new house next week, and you will be getting some quality grandpa time.  

Susan, that is not good news about the runner.  I wish the best for him and his family.

Roy, thanks for finding a picture of Diamond Tooth Gertie's.  That really is some place.  I enjoyed your pictures of the Fire Museum.  We will have to check it out the next time we're there.  It is a small world when you run into people you know when far away from home.

Yeah, Terri.  You made it to the beach.  I hope the good weather continues.

Ann, that is good news that Pat has tested negative, and I hope he has a repeat tomorrow.  I'm sorry your cousin's ALS is progressing so quickly.  I hope she remains comfortable.  I'm sorry you will miss the family Thanksgiving, but that is a wise decision.  There were eight couples in our little community who did a cruise recently, and then had a big party when they returned.  We know of at least three people who now have covid, so we are keeping to ourselves mainly until after the last surgery on October 24.

Jim, I'm sorry that you are still without power, but with all the devastation from Ian, I'm not surprised it's taking a while.  It takes time to build the grid back, but I hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Vanessa, I hope you like your new recliner.  I enjoy the one I have in Quartzsite, and maybe I'll get one here someday.  So far the symptoms from the shots are still mild.  I had a stuffy nose for about a hour or so, but that could be something blowing in.  Otherwise, it's just the normal sore arms, a small price to pay for protection.

Lenda

Good luck on Tuesday.  Don’t forget to wear your burnt orange tomorrow! I’ve been to the game every year since I was a freshman in 1983 except for Covid year when tickets were canceled - that’s 39 years in a row! Give ‘em Hell, Give ‘em Hell, OU S#*KS! 🤘🐂🤘

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Made it to Quebec.  I thought we were going to have to go out to the plane to get our luggage as it wasn't coming up in baggage.  Almost an hour after we landed they started putting the luggage on the carousel. But, I am here and I'm ready for dinner!

• Like 24

8 minutes ago, dfish said:

Made it to Quebec.  I thought we were going to have to go out to the plane to get our luggage as it wasn't coming up in baggage.  Almost an hour after we landed they started putting the luggage on the carousel. But, I am here and I'm ready for dinner!

Glad you made it safely and enjoy your dinner and visit with Daily friends.

• Like 12

We’re about to start on our final leg (Toronto to QC). Flight was supposed to leave 10 minutes ago but we just finished getting all aboard. That bed is going to feel so good tonight! It’s already been a 12 hour day of travel and not over yet. 
Looking forward to seeing Rich and Debbie again and meeting other Dailyites!

• Like 19

Baldness does not run in either my family or my late husbands family so I can't appreciate it as much as some. I walked to school from 1st grade through 6th grade then rode a bus to Jr. High and Senion High Schools. I have been to Dawson on a land tour/cruise and actually rode on the Steamboat on a HAL excursion.. That was back in 1989. Usually I love salt water fish but I prefer to have it either grilled or fried. The wine sounds good.

I have been trying to read the daily but haven't been posting because I haven't felt  so good. After undergoing numerous tests over the past couple of  months I finally got a diagnosis of collagenous colitis. I have been started on a course of strong steroid capsules and am feeling much, much better. Next week I wll get the 3rd Covid jab along with the flu shot.

I am a bit green with envy of our dailyites who are gathering for the cruise from Quebec to FLL. Just kidding, I hope that all of you have a fabulous cruise. 

@cunnorlLucky, lucky you. Bora Bora was my favorite port and I highly recommend that you take Patrick's Tour if possible.

@jimgevkeep your chin up, remember this too will pass. Thankful that you are safe.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Had a wonderful day here today.  Blue sky and about 75F.  We have four friends (husbands and wives) from Taiwan who live in the area.  We have been friends for the last 20 or so years, but haven't seen any of them since covid started in 2020.  Today we all met at a local waterfront park for a pot luck lunch.  It was good to see them all and talk about happenings in the last two years.  Since we were all outside, masks weren't necessary.  I loaned one friend a copy a book and cd for making your own will.  He will make theirs and then he and his wife can witness ours and we can witness theirs.

I lived about a mile from a two room country school from the first to sixth grade.  First second and third grade in one room and fourth, fifth and sixth in the other.  The school was built in 1897 and is still there, but when I drove by a couple of years ago it looked like they were enlarging it.  We walked to school or rode our bicycles, but they did have a small shelter where you could keep your horse if you rode it to school.  I think I got a great education there.

Ray

• Like 16

32 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

Baldness does not run in either my family or my late husbands family so I can't appreciate it as much as some. I walked to school from 1st grade through 6th grade then rode a bus to Jr. High and Senion High Schools. I have been to Dawson on a land tour/cruise and actually rode on the Steamboat on a HAL excursion.. That was back in 1989. Usually I love salt water fish but I prefer to have it either grilled or fried. The wine sounds good.

I have been trying to read the daily but haven't been posting because I haven't felt  so good. After undergoing numerous tests over the past couple of  months I finally got a diagnosis of collagenous colitis. I have been started on a course of strong steroid capsules and am feeling much, much better. Next week I wll get the 3rd Covid jab along with the flu shot.

I am a bit green with envy of our dailyites who are gathering for the cruise from Quebec to FLL. Just kidding, I hope that all of you have a fabulous cruise. 

@cunnorlLucky, lucky you. Bora Bora was my favorite port and I highly recommend that you take Patrick's Tour if possible.

@jimgevkeep your chin up, remember this too will pass. Thankful that you are safe.

Relieved to hear you have had a good diagnosis and are responding well to treatment. It was a long time ago that we met and enjoyed some excursions on that Maasdam Canada repo. Patrick’s tour in Bora Bora was fantastic.

Take care. Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 12

5 hours ago, jimgev said:

Jim, I know you are sick of camping out, and I am feeling sympathy at your plight.  I do hope it's very soon that the power will come back on.  All I can compare to your troubles is the time we had no power for 5 days after huge thunderstorms.  The house was fine except we had no air conditioning and the refrigerator had to be emptied of all the spoiled food.  We slept in the basement where it was cooler, but had a hard time finding restaurants with power to eat at.  It really felt like camping out!

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Ann, go up to the top of the page and click on your little notification bell.  Then at the top right click on notification settings.  From there you can set your account to not send emails to you anymore.  They quit after I did that.

Glad to hear Pat finally got a negative test result.  He sounds like my DH who was positive for 10 days.  However, Pat seemed to be longer than that.  Was he?

Also sad news about your cousin with breathing troubles and ALS.  I hope she is kept comfortable to the very end.  Prayers for her and the family.

1 hour ago, lazey1 said:

Good to hear you are feeling a little better now.  I agree with you about Patrick!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Greetings on this sunny Saturday, temperature around 15 C, made for a very pleasant walk this morning.

At primary school walked across the road to school,  boarding school for secondary school.

Thanks Roy, for the Care and Celebration lists

@kazu pleased that you have gardening help today.

@dfish incredible to have to wait an hour for your luggage.

@Vict0riann good that Pat has tested negative, sorry to read about your relative

@lazey1 hope the medication will continue to help you.

@cunnorldo have a wonderful cruises, we really appreciated all the sea days during our Trans Pacific

.cruises.

Great that several dailyites will be cruising together, hope you all have a wonderful cruise.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dfish said:

YAY 🙂. Glad you have arrive safely.  Hope your dinner was delish. Have a wonderful cruise 🙂 

5 hours ago, cunnorl said:

We arrived yesterday after a very long day. We then had our Covid Tests at an airport clinic.  We waited and they printed the results for us. Thankfully all Negative!  I have it all uploaded to Verify and it says " Ready to Sail".   They got that right! 

This morning I met 2 people from our roll call at breakfast. I recognized his picture. He told me our itinerary has changed again. We are back to Bora Bora for 1 day and the next in Raitea. I think we all just have to expect changes at this point.  I guess the port officials in Bora Bora changed their minds but we cannot stay over nite.  All is well.

Great news.  Covid test failed (negative), arrival and Bora Bora back 👍 It’s all good.  enjoy and have a wonderful time 🙂 

6 hours ago, jimgev said:

Ugh.  I feel for you.  We still have people out here after Fiona.  I feel for you all.  I’m sure if I was in that boat my generator would have run out of propane by now (and it’s a big tank). 😞 

So sorry -  The debris really hold up the repairs and the shipping of the hydro poles. I  hope you get it back soon. 🙏🏻 

Hang in there as best you can.

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Good news is that yesterday Pat tested negative for the first time.  He'll do another test tomorrow, to be like the President! ‘’

Great news indeed!  If you are using rapid antigen tests he is wise to do another.  A positive is always positive but a negative needs to be done more than once to be safe.  I am sure (and pray) he is now.

So sorry to hear the sad news though.  My prayers are with your cousin and all of your family and you 🙏🏻 

12 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

The alarm went off at 4:30 this morning at our airport hotel. 🫤

Now sitting in the airport waiting for our 8 am flight (hurry up and wait). It will be a long 13-hour day before we reach Quebec City but I’m very excited although bleary-eyed!

Hoping all went well with that long day and that you arrive safely in Quebec.  Hoping the flight was as smooth as possible for you 🤞 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I figured out the “turn off the emails” thing and it seems to be working.  My cousin is home again , with 24- hour care and a hospice nurse visiting.  I hope they can keep her comfortable.  Her D H is returning on Monday.  I’m sure she will be happiest at home, with her husband and doggies.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Border crossing today on I-5 into Canada was the easiest I have ever experienced. No traffic in three open lanes; showed passports, answered one question and drove right through. When we arrived at the hotel check in was pleasant, service was out. Then we went to the room and watched our Seattle Mariners win their first playoff game in the wild card series. Their playoff drought is finally over.

Looking forward to breakfast at Eggspectations and then a cab ride to Canada Place; we will leave our car at the hotel.

• Like 10

Good evening.  This time around with both the flu vaccine and the third booster with the new vaccine, I expected to feel lousy today.  I was pleasantly surprised that a slightly stuff nose for a couple of hours was the worst of it.  By 4 pm I was feeling normal, with very little residual soreness in either arm.

6 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, glad you arrived safely in San Diego and all tested negative.  Have a wonderful cruise, but how can you not have one since you'll be on a BHB going to great ports.

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Debbie, good to know you also arrived safely.  I hope your dinner with @Sharon in AZ Sharon and Craig was good.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

We’re about to start on our final leg (Toronto to QC). Flight was supposed to leave 10 minutes ago but we just finished getting all aboard. That bed is going to feel so good tonight! It’s already been a 12 hour day of travel and not over yet. 
Looking forward to seeing Rich and Debbie again and meeting other Dailyites!

By now you should be in Quebec City, and getting some much needed rest after a very long day.

3 hours ago, lazey1 said:

I'm sorry you have not been feeling well, but glad you got a diagnosis and the medicine is making you feel better.

1 hour ago, HAL Sailer said:

We're still waiting for power, too. I'm not there, but a friend posted this picture of what was happening tonight labeling it, very aptly, "TRUE HEROS". 

Screenshot_20221007-214318.thumb.png.c0e509d77f18d9c2ccd063261feabce7.png

-Melisa

Melisa, you are so right.  Linemen are the unsung heros of the electric utility companies.  They go out in all kinds of weather and conditions to restore power.  There will be linemen from electric companies and co-ops from all over the country repairing damage caused by Fiona and Ian.  When a storm is approaching, crews gather supplies and equipment to be ready to get to work as soon as the storm passes and it's safe to begin work.  I hope you and everyone without power have your power restored soon.  After Ian, that will be a monumental undertaking.

16 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

Border crossing today on I-5 into Canada was the easiest I have ever experienced. No traffic in three open lanes; showed passports, answered one question and drove right through. When we arrived at the hotel check in was pleasant, service was out. Then we went to the room and watched our Seattle Mariners win their first playoff game in the wild card series. Their playoff drought is finally over.

Looking forward to breakfast at Eggspectations and then a cab ride to Canada Place; we will leave our car at the hotel.

Not finding the I-5 border crossing super busy and crowded is nothing short of a miracle.  When we've crossed the border in that area in out motorhome, we've always used the truck crossing which usually not as busy.  Enjoy your cruise.

Lenda

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

@RedneckBob Great story!

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

I had a headache yesterday for several hours and been asleep for 12+ hours.

I hope I am okay today 😃

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2