Live from the 2022 Grand Africa

Scrapnana

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Scrapnana was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Now that I have passed my Covid test, it is time to start this thread (didn't want to start it if I wasn't able to be on the ship!).  On Monday, October 10, Zaandam will be leaving Port Everglades on her 71-day cruise around Africa, the first "Grand" voyage since the pandemic.  As I have done in the past, I will be posting a copy of my blog minus the pictures (takes too long to upload them twice with spotty internet service).  If you are interested in the pictures, you will need to go to the blog here.  I will be glad to answer any questions you might have as the cruise progresses.  I am also asking fellow cruisers to contribute anything they might want to share.

Look for a sail-away thread on Sunday.

Edited by Scrapnana
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6

I'm so grateful you'll be writing this thread upcoming.  I have a friend we met on a Cuba cruise who will be making the trip.  We took the Ocean Princess Dover-around Africa-to Miami in 2015 and really enjoyed it; I'm envious that you'll be going to Petra and other ports we didn't get to.  Thank you so much for doing this!  Bon Voyage.

• Like 1

It was good to see you starting your Live From thread for the Grand Africa cruise.  I enjoyed your world cruise and South America live from threads, and I'm looking forward to reading and following along with this one.  I know you'll have a great cruise.

🎈  🚢  BON VOYAGE! 🥂 🍾

• Like 1