The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday November 2nd, 2022

richwmn

41 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet Update and general ifo.

Based on today's day, are you sure it is not Friday the 13th. I plan to avoid my friend Chucky who lives on Elm Street just behind the Bates Motel.

I guess I could have said that these National Days are killing me!

• Like 5
  • Haha 10

Today's sunrise is from a 2010 Med itinerary.  I disembarked Crystal Serenity October 31 and walked about 500 feet to the Wind Surf for a cruise to Barcelona.  On November 2 we visited Porto Vecchio, Corsica.

IMG_1174.thumb.JPG.eee384da7ad9876f8f91b38e523eb418.JPG

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning.  My DB has stabilized but he is in dreadful shape.  Watching him get from the chair to the bed with the help of a nurse and an aide was so hard to see.   It took every bit of his strength to stand and do the minimal amount of turning his arms were quivering.   He will be in hospital at least through today.   His color is better than what I saw on Sunday aided by a pint blood transfusion.   I find it malpractice that a surgeon would do surgery on someone who is morbidly obese as my brother is.    I just hope that he can recover to the point that he can be chair bound at home sometime.   He gets lots of visitors with myself and my 2 sisters and his 2 kids and their spouses.   

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports.   A dark bunch of days I agree.  Quote is great.    Pass on meal, wine and cocktail but look forward to the photos from our Japan port today.   Prayers for all on our care list and for the people of Ukraine.   

I am so sorry that your brother continues to struggle and hope that he is able to progress soon. It has to be so hard to watch him try to move with such difficulty.

• Like 19

Good morning to all. We are managing well at home and just needed to get   medication issues straightened out this morning with the hospital folks. Tana’s friend is coming today to help again which is wonderful. A big thank you to everyone in Dailyite  land for your support. We are so grateful for you and the excellent result yesterday.

@dfish, Debbie, thanks for the recipes. The executive chef has voted for the recipe with the garbanzo beans for today. I  just bought some acorn squash the other day so I will grant her that wish. I hope the packing goes well and I am glad you got help for the larger pieces.

@ger_77, I am so glad you and  DH were able to travel comfortably and hope the shoe search is fruitful. I loved the picture of the two of you on the plane.

I plan to do nothing today but make dinner later. I even got someone else to do the dog walking for me!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Best wishes to you as you remember your Mam on her 11th memory day.  I'm sure she was very proud of the fine, empathetic man you grew up to be.🙏

Thank you Sandi for your best wishes and lovely words.

This photo of my mam and Sarah was about 15 years ago.

Graham.

IMG_20161017_210855.jpg

• Like 25

Good morning Dailyites 

Kinda creepy days today!

As Lenda stated, I woke to a foggy morning as well and the house was dark. I looked at the clock to make sure it said 7.

Lots of prayers this morning..  Jacqui, Gerry, Debbie, Graham, Terry, Tana, Lenda and Steve, and @MISTER 67 hope you see the doctor today. Infections can get nasty. And Nancy's DB. 

Last night was fun. We sat around our neighbors fire with drinks. They have a patio in front, so neighbors stopped by to chat. A beautiful night too.

Today I am getting the car washed while my sweetheart is having his teeth cleaned. Hoping the market has some nice fish I can bake, a salad and smashed potatoes. I like Debbie's recipes today. Thank you.

Wishing you a great day. Be kind. Blessings, prayers and Cheers 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

On our cruise with Scenic I was asked to check out about solo cruising with the line. All I could get out of the HD and CD was yes we have solo’s some time. Usually with late bookings and some early bookings?? I never was able to get a definitive answer.☹️

@aliaschief

@aliaschief Your multiple attempts are much appreciated. Thanks!

-Melisa 

• Like 16

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

As for photos of Ishigaki I saw only one person post their personal photos from there last time and that was Carol @CJcruzer, an infrequent poster.  Maybe she will see a notification of a mention here and come back today.  There were also a couple photos posted from @Sir PMP.

I’m reluctant to comment without official knowledge  but we were told many months ago,  from fellow cruisers that Carol has passed. We had cruised with Carol and them so I believe this to be true as we have not seen any post from @CJcruzer in a long time. She was a great contributor to our Hal board and was a great planner and organizer of some outstanding excursions. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 15

Whew!!! Glad to be able to sign in this morning. Dogs and I walked early and felt warmer than it has been but the according to the weather gurus the storm is approaching. They are forecasting up to 30 inches at Wolf Creek and the high mountains. Again, I suspect we will get rain or a mix, but no one seems to have any idea how much. Will set up the chihuahua potty station this morning. Then deal with a shelter personnel issue.... one of our key people has announced resignation effective really soon but now is not responding to my attempts to contact. I will probably have to go out there this morning - sooner rather than later.

The drink is one of my favorites and I like acorn squash. Have very limited experience with Japan and have not been to that port. Need to remedy the situation.

Susan

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a dark central Texas.  It's still about an hour before sunrise.  The weather channel mentions a dense fog advisory.  It should burn off once the sun comes up, and I hope it's gone when I leave for my haircut this morning.  It should be completely gone when I leave for Waco to see DH.  

Talking with this case manager yesterday, there are still areas where DH needs a lot help.  He is beginning to make some progress.  We were both happy he was able to get out of bed, walk with the walker, turn 90 degrees and get into the wheelchair by himself yesterday afternoon.

All Souls Day and Day of the Dead are interesting days.  I'm not sure anyone could top Rodney Dangerfield's epitaph, "There Goes the Neighborhood".   BTW, it has been a trivia question on BHBs.

I like the Jonathan Swift quote.

I'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'd like to try the wine if it's not too sweet.

We have not been to Ishigaki Island, Japan.

@ger_77  Gerry, I think getting out of the house in one hour after the phone call with only one wrong pair of shoes, was good.  I'm sure your DH will find a pair to wear on the cruise.  I was very happy that someone at HAL got the flights arranged and you were able to get to Barcelona comfortably and safely.

@MISTER 67  I hope the doctor can help with your sore finger without any trouble.

@richwmn  Rich, thank you for posting Ann's @cat shepard wine review.

@dfish  Debbie, while you are very busy, it seems you have things under control.  Just like on a BHB, remember to leave some clothes out to wear until the moving van arrives at your new home.  🤣

@grapau27  Graham, I'll be thinking of you and Pauline on your Mam's 11 remembrance day.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your foot is better today and continues to improve.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda.

I'm pleased for you both to hear your husband Steve is doing well in his recovery.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I’m reluctant to comment without official knowledge  but we were told many months ago,  from fellow cruisers that Carol has passed. We had cruised with Carol and them so I believe this to be true as we have not seen any post from @CJcruzer in a long time. She was a great contributor to our Hal board and was a great planner and organizer of some outstanding excursions. 

I never met Carol but if the reports from fellow cruisers are correct then that is sad news.  My condolences to her family and friends.  Unfortunately DH and I have lost 3 very special cruise friends in the last 11 months.  Cherish every day.😥

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I never met Carol but if the reports from fellow cruisers are correct then that is sad news.  My condolences to her family and friends.  Unfortunately DH and I have lost 3 very special cruise friends in the last 11 months.  Cherish every day.😥

I absolutely agree with you Sandi.

I'm so sorry to hear about 3 of your special cruise friends.

Condolences to you and all your friends families.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Hump Day report, Rich.  There seems to be a lot of emphasis on death in today's days, makes it seem a bit like a dark day for me.  Makes the Swift quote a little more poignant.  I have never been to Ishigaki Island.  I think I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Penne Primivera, and Viennese Apple Strudel, my first dinner on my 2017 Prinsendam Transatlantic, November 2, 2017:

dishes02.jpg

Today’s care list:

Kazu severe foot injury
RIP Vict0riann Cousin Vicki 10/30/22
Lady Hudson DH dental problem immediately before cruise
NextOne recovering from respiratory infection
Cruisin single’s step son with double cancer
Marshhawk’s friend Sheri in ICU after multiple falls
Ottahand7 DB with post-surgery complications
From the rotation:
Quaartzite Cruiser DH post surgery rehab
Cruising-along niece awaiting a kidney
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

The awesome staff at kazu’s hotel
smitty34877 DH good catheterization result
7 days for me (Eurodam 11/9 to 11/20, Auto Train 11/4)
4 days for CraztForCats and segarsmoker (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/6 tp 11/13)
4 days for Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS 11/6 to 11/20)
3 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam 11/5 to 11/12)
3 days for Kazu, 0106, jimgev, Heartgrove and maybe ger_77 (Oosterdam 11/5 to 11/19)
Oceansaway17 (Equinox  to 11/3) , Cruising-Along (Nieuw Statendam  to 11/5) and Norseh2o (Sirena to 11/18) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam 10/1 to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12) at sea

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

• Like 7

When I said "rabbit" to the Junior Cat yesterday morning, she raised her head and looked around, as if to ask, "Where? Where?"

I don't particularly like acorn squash, and would prefer another kind. I'm of the brandy faction for Old Fashioneds. The wine is from near here but I don't know it; Seneca Lake is closer than Cayuga.

I felt quite ill last night, as if catching something, but I'm OK this morning. It's ostensibly my day off, but I did some work, needed fairly urgently, from home this morning. I'll need to take time off tomorrow in any case.

curiosity.jpg.564b2955ae34f9f3b4690aaf574d69c4.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning everyone, 

CC seems to be working this morning. We're having a couple of nice days in the Pacific Northwest but are due for more rain on Friday and there have been snowflakes in the long range forecast (at night thank heavens!). 

DH is progressing - slowly - but progressing. I'm finding I'm having to be much more of an advocate for his care at the rehab than I was in the hospital. At the rehab the wheels move slowly even though the staff is trying. He can transfer to the wheelchair from the bed with a lot less assistance now but they still haven't had him up and walking. I had appointments with the neurologist and foot and ankle doctor on Monday but no transport was available (nobody working on Monday could drive the van) so had to cancel. Will talk to the physician's assistant today to get direction on where to go from here. DH has a good attitude, is counting down the days to the next cruise (240 on the Eurodam) and is eating well. I spend about 6 hours with him daily and that keeps his memory function going. 

Karen

• Like 22

Good moroning everyone. I was unable to log in until now. This is the first time this happened to me. I tried from my ipad and desk top Dell and just now went to the main CC page, hit my picture and it asked me to log in from there. Then it gave me a list of all the CC topics and that is how I got here today.

Off to the oncologist for a routine check up. Tomorrow I get a cortisone injection for my SI jpoint pain. It's been keeping me up at night and no amount of pain killers are working.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, highscar said:

Can someone who is or has been on the Koninsdam tell me where the  cola quench is located on board.  

I thought I had taken a picture of it, but I can't find it - as far as I remember, when you go aft through the Lido Market and out onto the open aft deck,  it is on the starboard side just around the corner from the Lido Bar.  If you look on Halfacts, there is a picture of where the Lido Bar is.

PS Sorry,  I see @Cruise Suzy also answered, but I do think the Lido Bar is closer to the aft elevators, not the mid-ship ones.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 10