The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday November 20th, 2022

richwmn

@Cruising-along The previous owners left a lot of curious things behind.  I found a file - the kind you use to break out of jail - in the front coat closet.  There were empty Pepsi cans here and there.  I found out from the neighbors that the woman used to walk her cat around the backyard on a leash.  The first thing Sue and I did was scrub down the bathrooms - it was obvious they had not been cleaned.  Then we scrubbed down the kitchen and the fridge.  Technically they met the requirement of broom swept clean because they didn't leave behind piles of trash all over the house.  Just stuff in the garage and out on the front lawn.  

I've been missing you and Henry.  I really enjoyed getting to know you both better on our cruise.  

@Sharon in AZ so sorry to hear you've been so sick.  I sure hope you do continue on the path of recovery.  Don't do too much!

@Crazy For Cats Last summer our Norway trip was  booked under one booking number but we still got our free bottle of champagne the 2nd week.  It was technically a b2b.  Donna and I had a glass for sail away and then we shared it with the neighbors.  

Edited by dfish
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I had a great visit with Dixie @summer slopebefore today’s M&G and met her DH. My own DH went up with me to meet them then he headed off to find his coffee fix. I enjoyed the chat with Dixie, then headed over to the hot, sunny side of the Crow’s Nest to mingle with the roll call. I actually got to meet a neighbor from my Sun City development.  We had to come all this way to do that!  

That’s fabulous that you got to meet Dixie.  I know I had a great time meeting people on our cruise - especially Tina @0106  - she really helped a lot with delivering invites, cabin crawl and I totally confess - getting me coffee and even wheeled me to my room.  Such a kind person ♥️. Hopefully I cruise with her again - totally mobile. 🤞 

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Well, our first night at dinner was not a good experience. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed with their duties. Perhaps they were new but we will try another section tonight and see if that works out better. Even though masks are mandatory a large segment of people are walking about without. There was a not so nice man and woman in line for dinner last night. When we pointed out the mask policy, especially important when someone is standing right behind you, he went into a rant about why did we even test for this cruise because no one asked to see proof of it , etc. I really wish the crew would point to their mask when running across the rule breakers!  If this ship has a large positive for Covid contingent it could affect our cruise immensely regarding our itinerary. Come on people!🤬

From what I saw on our cruise Sandi, a number were new and our Dining Room Manager was tearing to help improve the service.  I would talk to yours.  She moved us to a great table with experienced staff - one from the Zuiderdam and one from the Prinsendam (Dharma & Dony) - great guys and impeccable experience - they even used the crumb gadget on the table.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

I got more packing done this AM. Almost complete. My eye is better today and the stomach has been feeling a bit better.

So good to hear.  I hope you are totally 100% for your cruise 🙏. It’s not the same when you are not up to do certain things - trust me, I know 😉 

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

@kazu Welcome home! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your cruise. Sorry about the lost luggage, and nice of the neighbors to pick up a few groceries for you. How's the foot?

Thanks.  I am going to post a lot more on the Live thread (or should I now say Almost Live - or it was Live when I did it - LOL) now that I have internet that works.

Foot is improving but I’m paying for having to use it more than I should have yesterday.  Not my choice - nominal support at Miami and you still have to get to your seat on the plane.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hopefully I cruise with her again - totally mobile. 🤞

Thank you for your kind words. Compared to what you did for the members of our roll call - - organizing the incredible spreadsheet, sail away, meet & greet, cabin crawl, poker run- - I did the small things I could to assist.  I hope to cruise with you again too.  Maybe you should join me and Helen @HELENPSL on our Atlantic Sojourn in October 2023.   😊

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Thank you for your kind words. Compared to what you did for the members of our roll call - - organizing the incredible spreadsheet, sail away, meet & greet, cabin crawl, poker run- - I did the small things I could to assist.  I hope to cruise with you again too.  Maybe you should join me and Helen @HELENPSL on our Atlantic Sojourn in October 2023.   😊

I confess, I’m thinking about it 😉

And please don’t belittle your contributions - you were a huge help and so cheerful about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello to all. It is a cold day here but at least there is no snow involved.

I was saddened to hear about the news in Colorado.My heart aches for the families involved.

@Sharon in AZ, I am so sorry you have been so sick. I hope you are on the mend now.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, it sounds as if the rehab staff is doing a good job monitoring Steve . He must be very happy with his progress.I hope you are getting enough rest yourself.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your GI system heaves itself on your trip and cruise. I am glad. The eye is better as well.

@kazu, Jacqui, welcome home and I hope the foot can heal now. Sorry about the lost luggage.

@grapau27, those meals just look so very delicious, enjoy!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good Afternoon, we made it home.  We did have a dead battery but AAA came quickly to our rescue.  Amelia was yelling at me, she wanted a small amount of milk and is now happy.  Mona crawled into my lap until she realized I brought dinner.  Currently I’m heating up some leftover chicken barley soup for our dinner.  It is good to be home.

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've arrived at my Cocoa hotel after a very messy day of driving.  Still going out soon for dinner with my brother's widow, so not really back in the game yet.

Roy

Sorry about the messy driving, Roy.  Glad you are safe and hope you can enjoy your dinner tonight 🤞 

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Wow.  I had 2 excellent waiters at Table 30 on the Eurodam.'

Roy

Once we got to our new table on the Oosterdam, our service was excellent too.

Glad you had good service on board 👍 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good Sunday morning everyone from SE AZ. I have been away from the Daily for a while because I’ve been really ill. Turns out my cold/flu symptoms were sinusitis and bronchitis. I started on an antibiotic on Tuesday and finally am starting to feel a bit better. Boy, it really hit me hard and knocked me down.  

I hope everyone is well.  I’ll try to catch up with all the news I’ve missed. 

We finally have all the grocery shopping done for Thanksgiving. Craig did all running around and shopping. It seemed like a wild goose chase sometimes because stores would be out of different items, like thyme and Jimmy Dean sage sausage and pecans. Crazy. We are going super casual this year and using paper plates and eating outside. It’s supposed to be in the 70’s so that will be nice. I’m going to start cooking today, just a little bit each day to make it easy. 

I rarely eat fudge but I’ve had peanut butter fudge and it’s really good. Craig’s DM loved fudge and would always buy it if she saw a store selling it. IIRC, she also made her own. She had a huge sweet tooth. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

Hope you continue to get better. The Holidays are tough enough without being sick.

Glad Craig could take some of the running around off your plate. 

I do understand the “wild goose chase” problem. I have been shopping at my current Aldi since May of this year. I JUST found the pecans- in the breakfast pastries section, no less.  Thank goodness my Grand Nieces asked for specific items from that section. 

Don’t overdo it. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 11

@summer slope on our last cruise (not HAL) we chose anytime, which was a fiasco.  walk up, make a reservation, give them your cell phone number, they will call.  which was more than an hour later, same at breakfast, and they seated us at a table with no waiter attached to that area.  I finally stood up and grabbed one.  After two days, we went to the concierge and got switched to assigned dining, and met some lovely people, and had a good wait staff.  Turned out that the anytime dining was new staff, all of it, and the assigned dining was staff that had been taken from sold off ships.

@Sharon in AZb3965b6030d4ecb39e4db2c4f6bfa45d.jpg

And napping won out today, as I never received my schedule.  I figure if the boss sends it, and I cant work it, I will just tell him.  I went down for a two hour nap, and woke up 3 hours later.  If I wasn't the one responsible for dinner, I would not have gotten up at all.  I sleep so crappy at night waking up every two hours, I figure I will sleep when I can.

I'll take a shower, knock some of the sleep off me, drink some coffee and make dinner-I found a recipe for Maple Dijon Pork Tenderloin, and will have that with instant mashed taters and green beans.

• Like 13

52 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I've arrived at my Cocoa hotel after a very messy day of driving.  Still going out soon for dinner with my brother's widow, so not really back in the game yet.

Roy

yes fla is gloomy today as I watch various ships leave. Perhaps in the distance say around 6pm you might see lights of the Wonder OTS in the distance as she left 1/2 hour ago.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 4966and556 said:

@Cruising-along I have noticed that Niagara Falls, Ontario is always  full of American tourists on American holidays.  Lots of American license plates  spotted on the highways near us as well.  July 4th is always a very busy day here. 

All of us Flatlanders who want to make it to NY or New England usually drive through Michigan through Ontario and then re enter the US at Niagara Falls.  Slow highway speeds but less hassle.  

@JazzyVI hope you feel better soon and ready to go on your trip! I love your King Penguin avatar.  I hope to see them in the L

Falkland Islands and there is also a small colony on the SA mainland not far from Ushuia I am hoping for a double dose.  Thanks for your concern for DB. DSIL texted today he is doing twice daily PT. 

@Quartzsite Cruiserso happy Steve's 

BP issues are doing better, I hope the pain meds are the key!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 9

I would probably like both the meal suggestion and the cocktail. I really prefer Pinot Noir from Oregon, but what I have now is cardboardeaux from California, and if I buy a bottle it will probably be local (Finger Lakes). I haven't visited New Zealand. Dinner tonight will be grilled salmon with what's left of the roast Brussels sprouts and carrots.

This afternoon my synagogue hosted a community interfaith Thanksgiving service: Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Unitarian Universalist, and Native American. A Hindu monk from the ashram up the street attended but didn't have a role in the program. With one exception  (the singer in the video is the composer), all of the music was Christian (Protestant), which was unfortunate, but two people from the mosque chanted in Arabic.  My only part in it was to go there early and turn up the thermostat so that it would be warmer than 60° F. It started to snow just at the time people would have been leaving to come to it, which hurt the attendance a bit, then stopped, then started again just before the end.

1503112494_artisanturkeys.thumb.jpg.6587e6902531184240ca82454ce39a38.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

Good afternoon.  I've been catching up on odds and ends since I've been home.  

In spite of the BP issues, which are still a problem at times but seem to be getting better, DH is making good progress and doing his PT even if a little dizzy.  The therapists today said he has passed some of the requirements for discharge.  After his walk down the long hall and back, the therapist said in was good enough to go out including Wal-Mart, etc.  That may be a stretch from our standpoint, but it means that he's good for walking around the house and maybe outside. 

A number of items on the check list on the chart on the wall in his room have moved closer to independent instead of dependent.   Once he recovered from the blood clot, he really began working hard.  It helps that he really wants to come home.  As of now, his discharge date is a week from tomorrow.  There will be another reevaluation Tuesday, so we'll see what happens.  I will need to get busy to get some things done around here in addition to going to see him every day.  

The only unresolved issue is the BP and the dizziness, but we are beginning to figure them out ( I think).  I'll talk to him about making an appointment with our PCP for right after he gets home.  I just hope the new wheel gets here in time, since that car is the smoothest riding one.  

5 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a fudge person, it's too sweet. Transgender persons often have a hard path. So sad about the shooting in Colorado Springs. No runner friends around to hug. Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink and yes to the wine.

I've been to New Zealand, but not Gisborne.

It was 19F when I woke up, now up to 26. And quite windy. It'll be cold for folks attending the Steelers game. I got more packing done this AM. Almost complete. My eye is better today and the stomach has been feeling a bit better.

@kazu Welcome home! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your cruise. Sorry about the lost luggage, and nice of the neighbors to pick up a few groceries for you. How's the foot?

@Crazy For Cats Safe trip home.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels tomorrow and hopefully good reports. Sorry the apartment you're staying in isn't nice.

@dfish Wow, can't believe the previous owners left that. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the NS photo. So great that you got to meet Dixie @summer slope and her DH! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad DH is able to get therapy, despite the BP issues. 

@aliaschief Nice house and gorgeous sunsets. Enjoy the family time.

@ottahand7 Too much snow, lol. I'm glad DB is doing ok. 

@Seasick Sailor Nice of you to take your friend to brunch during this difficult time for her.

@marshhawk I had that same weather warning; weird.

@Sharon in AZ Sorry to hear you were ill with sinusitis and bronchitis. Good that you are starting to feel better. Take care.

@Cruising-along I'm sure it's exciting to get to see DS and DDIL's house after the renovations!

@luvteaching It does sound like DH was tuckered out. Hopefully he's rested for the coming week's treatments.

@grapau27 I'm sure you're enjoying yourselves.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, I'm glad the eye and the tummy are better.  Hope things stay that way for your road trip and cruise.

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

I was saddened to hear about the news in Colorado.My heart aches for the families involved.

@Sharon in AZ, I am so sorry you have been so sick. I hope you are on the mend now.

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, it sounds as if the rehab staff is doing a good job monitoring Steve . He must be very happy with his progress.I hope you are getting enough rest yourself.

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I hope your GI system heaves itself on your trip and cruise. I am glad. The eye is better as well.

@kazu, Jacqui, welcome home and I hope the foot can heal now. Sorry about the lost luggage.

Terry, the people at rehab are great and keep an eye on him.  They've learned to read the signs to tell when his BP is dropping.  I try to get some rest, but I wish my mind would not decide to try to figure things out at 3:30 AM.  It can do that on the drive to and from Waco when I'm awake and have time to think.  I also wish I could take some of the people from rehab home with us.  They look after me too.

2 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Afternoon, we made it home.  We did have a dead battery but AAA came quickly to our rescue.  Amelia was yelling at me, she wanted a small amount of milk and is now happy.  Mona crawled into my lap until she realized I brought dinner.  Currently I’m heating up some leftover chicken barley soup for our dinner.  It is good to be home.

Glad you made it home safely and that the cats weren't to upset with you for leaving.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Roy, I hope your dinner with your brother's widow was nice.  Sorry about the messy day of driving.  At least, you won't have to drive all the way home.  I hope your foot is better.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dfish said:

@Cruising-along The previous owners left a lot of curious things behind.  I found a file - the kind you use to break out of jail - in the front coat closet.  There were empty Pepsi cans here and there.  I found out from the neighbors that the woman used to walk her cat around the backyard on a leash.  The first thing Sue and I did was scrub down the bathrooms - it was obvious they had not been cleaned.  Then we scrubbed down the kitchen and the fridge.  Technically they met the requirement of broom swept clean because they didn't leave behind piles of trash all over the house.  Just stuff in the garage and out on the front lawn.  

I've been missing you and Henry.  I really enjoyed getting to know you both better on our cruise.  

Wow, they sure did leave curious things behind. Sorry you had to deal with that.  I'm chuckling though about the cat on a leash because my neighbor does that too, and I think my sister-in-law does too.  Both their cats are indoor cats but they like to get outside sometimes so they put them on a leash so they don't get away 😉  

Miss you too!  And we really missed you when all of you left after the first 2 weeks!  It was a great cruise, and so nice to get to know you better too.

We had a very nice visit with DS and DDIL and saw all the changes that have been made on their house in the last 2 months.  Things are really coming together and it will truly be a showplace!  

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

All of us Flatlanders who want to make it to NY or New England usually drive through Michigan through Ontario and then re enter the US at Niagara Falls.  Slow highway speeds but less hassle.  

That is exactly what we used to do.  We were going from Midland to Binghamton, NY.  To go around the lake was several hundred miles longer and with 6 active kids in the car that was a no go.  We always cut across Canada and were delighted to know we were international travelers.  Niagara Falls was a highlight of the trip.  

13 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Wow, they sure did leave curious things behind. Sorry you had to deal with that.  I'm chuckling though about the cat on a leash because my neighbor does that too, and I think my sister-in-law does too.  Both their cats are indoor cats but they like to get outside sometimes so they put them on a leash so they don't get away 😉  

Miss you too!  And we really missed you when all of you left after the first 2 weeks!  It was a great cruise, and so nice to get to know you better too.

We had a very nice visit with DS and DDIL and saw all the changes that have been made on their house in the last 2 months.  Things are really coming together and it will truly be a showplace!  

I forgot to mention that they, like the previous owners of my Ohio house, left us enough paint to open a paint store.  They could have used some of that kitty litter to dry it up and put that out on the curb.  Next month!  The neighbor lady next door found it quite entertaining to watch them walk the cat.  

I am curious about DS and DDIL's house.  It is always fun to remodel and decorate when you first move in.  We will be doing some painting here, but I don't think we need to remodel.  Just freshen up.  Previous owners put nails in where ever they could find a space, so we need to take care of those and then paint.   

@JazzyV When is your trip?  I hope these issues resolve before then.  

@0106 Tina, I am glad you had a great cruise!  You certainly earned it.  

@rafinmd I'm glad you made it to your destination safely tonight.  Safe travels the rest of the way home.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, dfish said:

I forgot to mention that they, like the previous owners of my Ohio house, left us enough paint to open a paint store.  They could have used some of that kitty litter to dry it up and put that out on the curb.  Next month!  The neighbor lady next door found it quite entertaining to watch them walk the cat.  

I am curious about DS and DDIL's house.  It is always fun to remodel and decorate when you first move in.  We will be doing some painting here, but I don't think we need to remodel.  Just freshen up.  Previous owners put nails in where ever they could find a space, so we need to take care of those and then paint.   

So the kitty litter containers weren't empty, but did contain litter?  That's very odd!

Once things are done at the house I'll send photos.  DDIL is an artist so has an eye for color so between her and the people they hired, it's coming together beautifully.  We laugh because literally the only thing inside the house that didn't change is the mantle on the upstairs fireplace.  

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

30 F this morning, I'm sure it got lower in the night.  I think this is our last sunny stretch for awhile, the rain is starting on Tuesday.

We had a nice time yesterday with the oldest grandson and he had a good time at his friend's birthday party too.  DD, DSIL and the boys are leaving today for a week at Whistler, Canada.  They go every year for Thanksgiving (strange to me, to celebrate an American holiday in Canada every year, but it has been their tradition since DSIL was small. His Mom is Canadian-born.  They use it as a skiing holiday.  We always miss them here, but it is what it is.  

This afternoon we'll go see the progress on DS and DDIL's house -- I'm excited to see all the changes!  They're trying to unpack what they need and yet keep things away from areas that are still being remodeled -- a challenge I'm sure.  In a few days they will get their new puppy too, so exciting times for them.

Welcome home everyone who is returning from a cruise!

Debbie @dfishI wondered the same thing, why didn't they just dispose of the containers as they were emptied??  (At first I thought you meant they were full LOL)!  I guess if they were you could use them for traction in the snow. 😉  

Sharon @Sharon in AZI'm so sorry to hear you've been so ill!  Feel better soon.

Thank you so much Carolyn. 

8 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sharon, I’m so sorry to hear your illness worsened and hope you’re feeling good by Thanksgiving!  Good idea to get a head start on the cooking. I hope the chefs here have a plan on preparing me a slice of pumpkin pie with whipped topping!

Sandi, thank you for your well wishes. I’m sure the ship will have a special menu for Thanksgiving. We had special menus last year for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. 

8 hours ago, kazu said:

Such horrific news, Tina 😔. I so agree with Becerra ♥️ 

So sorry to hear this 😢 I hope you are feeling 100% very soon 🙏🏻 

Thank you Jacqui, I’m hoping I’m good by Thanksgiving. Welcome home and I hope your foot is better very soon. 

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning again.  DH's BP didn't drop after his morning PT.  We're beginning to think one of the heavy duty pain meds may be causing some if not all of the dizziness.  We talked about it, and hopefully he can get by without taking it unless absolutely, positively necessary.  They are allowing him to use Aspercreme, and that seems help ease the pain to tolerable levels.

Last year, they made some very favorable mistakes in our favor.  Those I didn't complain about. I felt it was compensation for spending so much time in line at Guest Services trying to straighten out charges for the free or half prices dinners we get.  If the ship and land based accounting can't agree, who am I to do their job for them.  We used the extra obc for gettimg some nice things in the shops.

Bruce,  thanks for the pictures.  Looks like a lovely place to spend some time.

Dr. Joy, could you prescribe some of the crazy pills for me. 😁  Your rain is heading this way.  It may make it to Waco before I head home.  Our rain at home is supposed (emphasis on supposed) to be overnight.

Sandi, it always seems on the first night of a cruise, dinner in the MDR does not go smoothly.  I think it is a combination of new crew and new passengers.  Usually, by the second night things are better.  On Koningsdam last spring, our wonderful waiter was a dud the first night.  I was glad we gave him a second chance.  He took such good care of us for four weeks, then left the day we left.

Sharon, I'm sorry you have been ill, but glad you are improving.

Debbie,  like Carolyn @Cruising-along, I wondered if they were hoarding the kitty litter or saving for the driveway.  Great minds. 😉

Carolyn, I'm glad you had a good time with your grandson yesterday.  Looking forward to a report on the remodeling.  I bet the "new", new home is spectacular.

Tina, I read about that horrific shooting, just before Transgender Remembrance Day.  There has to be a way to stop all these mass shootings.  In my opinion, if you don't agree with someone, a lifestyle, or someone's beliefs or politics, just stay away from those you don't agree with.

Lenda

Thank you Lenda!

7 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'm not a fudge person, it's too sweet. Transgender persons often have a hard path. So sad about the shooting in Colorado Springs. No runner friends around to hug. Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink and yes to the wine.

I've been to New Zealand, but not Gisborne.

It was 19F when I woke up, now up to 26. And quite windy. It'll be cold for folks attending the Steelers game. I got more packing done this AM. Almost complete. My eye is better today and the stomach has been feeling a bit better.

@Crazy For Cats Safe trip home.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels tomorrow and hopefully good reports. Sorry the apartment you're staying in isn't nice.

@dfish Wow, can't believe the previous owners left that. 

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for the NS photo. So great that you got to meet Dixie @summer slope and her DH! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser I'm glad DH is able to get therapy, despite the BP issues. 

@aliaschief Nice house and gorgeous sunsets. Enjoy the family time.

@ottahand7 Too much snow, lol. I'm glad DB is doing ok. 

@Seasick Sailor Nice of you to take your friend to brunch during this difficult time for her.

@marshhawk I had that same weather warning; weird.

@Sharon in AZ Sorry to hear you were ill with sinusitis and bronchitis. Good that you are starting to feel better. Take care.

@Cruising-along I'm sure it's exciting to get to see DS and DDIL's house after the renovations!

@luvteaching It does sound like DH was tuckered out. Hopefully he's rested for the coming week's treatments.

@grapau27 I'm sure you're enjoying yourselves.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa!  When is your cruise?

5 hours ago, dfish said:

@Sharon in AZ so sorry to hear you've been so sick.  I sure hope you do continue on the path of recovery.  Don't do too much!

@Crazy For Cats Last summer our Norway trip was  booked under one booking number but we still got our free bottle of champagne the 2nd week.  It was technically a b2b.  Donna and I had a glass for sail away and then we shared it with the neighbors.  

Debbie, thank you so much for your well wishes.  Trust me, I’m really trying not to do too much. I’m happy you are enjoying your new home and neighborhood. 

4 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

Thank you Terry!

4 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Welcome home Jake!

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Sharon

Hope you continue to get better. The Holidays are tough enough without being sick.

Glad Craig could take some of the running around off your plate. 

I do understand the “wild goose chase” problem. I have been shopping at my current Aldi since May of this year. I JUST found the pecans- in the breakfast pastries section, no less.  Thank goodness my Grand Nieces asked for specific items from that section. 

Don’t overdo it. 

Thank you Ann. Yes, it’s crazy about the availability of grocery items!  But pecans with breakfast pastries?  Oh dear. 

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@summer slope on our last cruise (not HAL) we chose anytime, which was a fiasco.  walk up, make a reservation, give them your cell phone number, they will call.  which was more than an hour later, same at breakfast, and they seated us at a table with no waiter attached to that area.  I finally stood up and grabbed one.  After two days, we went to the concierge and got switched to assigned dining, and met some lovely people, and had a good wait staff.  Turned out that the anytime dining was new staff, all of it, and the assigned dining was staff that had been taken from sold off ships.

@Sharon in AZb3965b6030d4ecb39e4db2c4f6bfa45d.jpg

And napping won out today, as I never received my schedule.  I figure if the boss sends it, and I cant work it, I will just tell him.  I went down for a two hour nap, and woke up 3 hours later.  If I wasn't the one responsible for dinner, I would not have gotten up at all.  I sleep so crappy at night waking up every two hours, I figure I will sleep when I can.

I'll take a shower, knock some of the sleep off me, drink some coffee and make dinner-I found a recipe for Maple Dijon Pork Tenderloin, and will have that with instant mashed taters and green beans.

Thank you Annie!  And I agree, a good nap solves a lot of things and seems to make everything better. I am a long time, actually lifelong napper. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, dfish said:

@JazzyV When is your trip?  I hope these issues resolve before then.  

3 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

We start driving to FL on Wednesday, taking our time. BFF will do most of the driving, due to my eye issues. We'll get there on the 25th and stay overnight. The cruise is 11/26-12/3. Then we'll drive back, stopping for a couple of days at a friend's condo in Myrtle Beach. Hopefully the weather will be ok for the driving part. 

• Like 9

I was about to close the feral Fawn on her porch tonight, when I looked out, Bubbles had curled up on the wicker love seat too, both of them in front of the heater.  Fawn was oblivious to the fact that he was on the seat with her, as she has her own pillow that she sleeps on, and her own blanket she curls up in.  Very sweet.  And then she woke up, you should have seen her face!  She was standing up over him as he snored away.  Her eyes were like saucers.  I was worried that they may squabble but I realized that they were both appreciative of the warmth,  so I went out, pet both of them, gave them food and closed the door.  Within 5 minutes they had both gone back to bed. 

The Maples Dijon pork tenderloin was great, DH was very happy that he wasn't cooking tonight as he now cooks most nights now.  This week with both of us with cut hours, he will only have to cook two nights.

ce088560741432a3c9e530e755a8bdcc.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you so much Carolyn. 

Sandi, thank you for your well wishes. I’m sure the ship will have a special menu for Thanksgiving. We had special menus last year for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. 

Thank you Jacqui, I’m hoping I’m good by Thanksgiving. Welcome home and I hope your foot is better very soon. 

Thank you Lenda!

Debbie, thank you so much for your well wishes.  Trust me, I’m really trying not to do too much. I’m happy you are enjoying your new home and neighborhood. 

Thank you Terry!

Welcome home Jake!

Thank you Ann. Yes, it’s crazy about the availability of grocery items!  But pecans with breakfast pastries?  Oh dear. 

Thank you Annie!  And I agree, a good nap solves a lot of things and seems to make everything better. I am a long time, actually lifelong napper. 

I'm late today.

I'm very sorry to hear you have been unwell Sharon.

I hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

Graham.

• Like 2