The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 4th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Heartgrovehow are your DW and DSIL doing now?  You said DSIL was negative, but yesterday DW was not. And how about yourself?  Can we have an update?

Sandi, thanks for asking. DSIL and DW are feeling better and are at the five day mark of not being contagious. Fevers appear to be over. I tested myself again yesterday afternoon with the results again still negative. I feel fine although it seems Sue has gotten tired of my cooking and is instead preparing dinner for us tonight.  😁 They both figure it might be another week or more before regularly being up and about. Unfortunately Sue will miss her first Co-Op Art Gallery meeting tomorrow as the new president. Even though she would be masked and no longer contagious, she probably doesn't have the strength. 

- Jack

• Like 2
  • Thanks 9

31 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am also willing to help out, if John @Copper10-8goes to bed early. 😎 If Vanessa will cover the Care/Celebration lists, I do the easy stuff. 

I do need to ask for you to keep my Sister in your prayers. We learned that her 44 year old son passed away today. He fought a long difficult battle with addiction, and though he seemed to have finally licked it for the past 5 years, it took its toll on his body. The medical examiner is doing an autopsy, but it appears that he passed peacefully.  He is survived by his 15 year old son, his Mother, a Sister, a Brother and several Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  

I am so sorry to hear this.Condolences to your  family and prayers for all of you as well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruisercl said:

See any? 

Well, now that you mention it, this one just came over headed in the general direction of Bakersfield ....... I notified the Coast Guard, the USDA's Economic Research Service, and the FAA 

Weird and Wacky designs – Total Airheads! | Echostains Blog

• Like 3
  • Haha 20

54 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I am also willing to help out, if John @Copper10-8goes to bed early. 😎 If Vanessa will cover the Care/Celebration lists, I do the easy stuff. 

I do need to ask for you to keep my Sister in your prayers. We learned that her 44 year old son passed away today. He fought a long difficult battle with addiction, and though he seemed to have finally licked it for the past 5 years, it took its toll on his body. The medical examiner is doing an autopsy, but it appears that he passed peacefully.  He is survived by his 15 year old son, his Mother, a Sister, a Brother and several Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  

Ann, that is devastating news.  Prayers and condolences for your sister, her grandson and family.  I can't even imagine.🙏😢

Regarding helping out with the Daily I'm fine with you doing the Daily and Fleet Report  so we can let John get his sleep. 😴  You are both wonderful to offer.  I can let you know how to obtain the map so you can test it out if you want.  Email me at my screen name at yahoo dot com and I can give you the steps.   Checking cruisemapper.com this evening I see the Volendam is expected in Puerto Madryn on Feb. 8.  This darn nasty weather has been a real problem for them.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

Sandi, thanks for asking. DSIL and DW are feeling better and are at the five day mark of not being contagious. Fevers appear to be over. I tested myself again yesterday afternoon with the results again still negative. I feel fine although it seems Sue has gotten tired of my cooking and is instead preparing dinner for us tonight.  😁 They both figure it might be another week or more before regularly being up and about. Unfortunately Sue will miss her first Co-Op Art Gallery meeting tomorrow as the new president. Even though she would be masked and no longer contagious, she probably doesn't have the strength. 

- Jack

Jack thank you so much for the update.  Sounds like they made it through quarantine very well.  You are lucky not to have caught the virus from Sue.  Hope all is back to normal.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Ann, that is devastating news.  Prayers and condolences for your sister, her grandson and family.  I can't even imagine.🙏😢

Regarding helping out with the Daily I'm fine with you doing the Daily and Fleet Report  so we can let John get his sleep. 😴  You are both wonderful to offer.  I can let you know how to obtain the map so you can test it out if you want.  Email me at my screen name at yahoo dot com and I can give you the steps.   Checking cruisemapper.com this evening I see the Volendam is expected in Puerto Madryn on Feb. 8.  This darn nasty weather has been a real problem for them.

Sandi

I just sent you an email.

Ann

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I do need to ask for you to keep my Sister in your prayers. We learned that her 44 year old son passed away today. He fought a long difficult battle with addiction

@cat shepard, our condolences. My DH lost two young adult (but childless) nephews to the ravages of addiction. So, we some sense of the tragic loss you,  your nephew's extended family, and, especially, his son have suffered. 🙏Our prayers are with you all.🙏

-Melisa 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites. 

I hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday. Sandi thank you for coming forward with the all important friendly Daily. 

Terry I'm happy to see Tana having an appetite. Prayers for all on Sandi's list, including Jacqui, Sarah, all our Ukrainian friends, Kathi, and especially our Roy.

Last month we had ice cream for breakfast! We got home late after our cruise so didn't stop at the market. Next morning making coffee and realized we had no cream. Our freezer came to the rescue by having vanilla caramel swirl ice cream. It was pretty darn good. 

Yesterday I slipped on our tile floor and hit my elbow and rib. Don't know if I bruised a rib or pulled a muscle, but it hurts like 😫 Very difficult to get my sweetheart up and ready. 

Tonight is pork chops. I want to come up with a new sauce though. I get tired of plain gravy..

Take care my friends. Be kind and pray for those who are braving the freezing, dangerous weather.

Joy - much too late for yiur meal tonight but tuck this away for future.  I use it for pork roast and would work well on chops.  You’ll probably have extra and could freeze for future use.  It’s really tasty and very easy (if you like cranberry) 
1 can whole cranberries

1/3 cup chopped onion

3/4 cup orange juice

1/4 tsp cinnamon 

1/4 tsp ground ginger 

Bring to boil and let cool.  Start basting chops or pork loin about 1/2 way through cooking and use extra for side sauce. Enjoy! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, cat shepard said:

That is so sad. Condolences to the family.

Susan

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Well, now that you mention it, this one just came over headed in the general direction of Bakersfield ....... I notified the Coast Guard, the USDA's Economic Research Service, and the FAA 

Weird and Wacky designs – Total Airheads! | Echostains Blog

Could have been an utter disaster.

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, cat shepard said:

I’m really sorry for your loss, Ann.   Prayers are with you and your family.  Seems like everyone we know has a loss like this.  For us, it was my sister and DH’s younger brother.

Very sad.  Sincere condolences.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

@cat shepard Sending our condolences to you and your family.

@Cruising-along, @RMLincoln DH got one of those invitations, but so far no further communication.

@RedneckBob, @Copper10-8, oh my gosh, you guys are so funny!

It took a couple days before I got the email from Amber with the link to join. I was hesitant, but then after reading some of the posts on the survey thread I went ahead and joined. It definitely is legit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5