The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 17th, 2023

cat shepard

Good morning from a sunny but cold central Texas.  It's 31F but with the 8 mph wind it feels like 23F.  It's supposed to warm 50F this afternoon, so maybe I'll get my walk in today.  It was just too darn cold yesterday.

Random acts of kindness and national caregivers day should be celebrated everyday.  I try to do acts of kindness whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I'm not sure what national public science day is.

Mother Teresa was a very wise woman, and today's quote proves that again.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'd like to try the wine, but it is a bit pricey.

We have been to Scrabster once in 2017 on Prinsendam, and  the captain tried to stop there again when we missed another port but it was too windy to dock.  It was the port of the day on Thursday, November 18, 2021.  Here is the link to Rich's @richwmn post for that day.

@ottahand7  Nancy, enjoy your day in Santos, and thanks for the pictures.  I hope there are not many cases of Covid on board.  Stay well and safe.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you feel better soon.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope the roads are plowed by the time you need to leave for the gym.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you can make your appointment before it gets icy.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm glad you got good results from your doctors visit and that you have a day for your cataract surgery.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, enjoy your lunch with your former cleaning lady, and that's a nice act of kindness.

@Cruzin Terri Enjoy your last two sea days.

@smitty34877  Terry, be careful walking the dogs around all that work.

@cruising sister  I hope you can get the cast replaced today.

@kochleffel  Paul, there is a law in Phoenix, and maybe all of Arizona against shooting into the air.  It was passed after a young girl as killed by such a bullet.

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  It looks very nice this morning outside.  I bet there will be a lot of people by the pool today.  Temp is 77 currently, and we're north of Cuba on the NE coast.  We will do a little packing and then have a Most Traveled Guest luncheon in Sabatini's at noon.  I like the way Princess has returned to their old events like the champagne waterfall and presentation of officers, the Captain's Circle cocktail party and luncheons for high number of days guests.  Hope things are soon back to normal on HAL.

Thanks Ann for the Daily and Fleet Report this morning, and Vanessa thanks for the excellent list keeping.  Prayers for all in need there and for the people with disasters on their doorsteps.  So many of those nowadays.  Cheers for all with good medical reports, and cruises to enjoy.  Speaking of that, our room stewardess is a real happy-go-lucky gal, and spreads the fun to her section of the ship.  This is what we found last night when we returned after our evening out.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJuT-gSPc7m_q7uc1iFyO-aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=small&ts=1676641472

There must have been many of those left in rooms because we kept hearing people laughing in the hallways as they went back out to let her know they enjoyed it.  Here's her message to us on Valentine's Day.

.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1QjDdX9D-MengyWuY8fmm5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=small&ts=1676641589

A great group of days to celebrate and a wonderful quote.  I want meat on my sandwich, too.  Scrabster was our port on Nov. 18, 2021.  We haven't been to Scrabster before but would love to.  Thanks in advance for any photos.

Talk to you later, and have a nice day everyone!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 30
  • Haha 5

We were on the Koningsdam in Puerto Vallarta on November 18, 2021, but I did manage to post some pictures of Scrabster.

This is the view from the ship.

DSC08993.thumb.JPG.a137de7cd4426f611596628c4b750a82.JPG

The previous picture is all I took of the town.  Once back from our tour, we decided not to go into the town.

This is the church the Queen Mother attended when she was at Castle Mey.  She sat towards the back of the church. I don't remember the name of the church.

DSC08970.thumb.JPG.69c971dd350325655f60665e1be70412.JPG

DSC08967.thumb.JPG.70a9c4772728838ec5a87c06d0177e70.JPG

Just a couple of pictures of John O'Groats, a tourist spot on one point of land.

DSC08976.thumb.JPG.5e2ecd381efd1dc8c7232bb64874aaa8.JPG

DSC08981.thumb.JPG.5e6b1fca2f55e970b3c3e6d5f86a57b0.JPG

Dunnet Head, the northern most point in Scotland.  The southern most point is Land's End in Wales.

DSC08986.thumb.JPG.ebe88dc5503cd69efc29b072b63dc3c6.JPG

DSC08990.thumb.JPG.7439dd55d72d3d9fb3e0b5781c8e1756.JPG

Lenda

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We often practice random acts of kindness, a huge shout out to caregivers, and where would we be without science?

A busy day ahead for us.  Years ago when a friend of ours was 16 years old, she had a baby and gave her up for adoption.  They reconnected about 10 years ago (the adoptive parents had passed away by then), and have become quite close.  The daughter developed brain cancer 3 years ago, and sadly, died this week.  We told our friend (who married late in life and never had any other children) that we would like to come to the memorial service (about 1.5 hours from here) to support her and her husband, even though we didn't know the girl.  Late last night our friend called saying her husband is down with the flu, and can she get a ride with us?  Well, the 3 of us will be heading out of town in a couple of hours to attend the memorial together. 

@kazuI hope the ice holds off so you can get your business done safely!

@marshhawksorry to hear you're under the weather; take the time to get well, please! 

I had a surprise yesterday - got a notice in the mail there was a delivery at the post office that required a signature, so off I went.  It was my new passport; delivered only 7 days after we dropped our renewal applications off at the passport office.  When I looked at the issue date, it was dated 2 days after we handed in the paperwork!  Hard to believe now that everyone has passed through the peak season of travel that they can be done in such a short period of time!  Strangely enough, DH doesn't have his yet, but maybe it will come today.   

I'm not a fan of veggie sandwiches, although when DH is in one of his "I just can't eat meat" phases, he will order a veggie sub.  To me it isn't a real sub if it doesn't have meat in it.  LOL   I'm pretty sure we're just going to pick up some pizza on the way home from the memorial service late this afternoon and will enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all our people with needs, especially those suffering through natural and man-made disasters.  We'll raise our glasses to cheer all with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich, Ann, and Vanessa for the TGIF Daily.  Back from my grocery trip to Wegmans and trash duty.  Significant rain when I left the house but just a drizzle when I got back. 

The roller coaster continues as I did not sleep well last night and I hope the 3AM barrier will go when we move the clocks forward. 

Been to Scrabster just once in 2011 on the Elegant Explorer.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

23 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning from a sunny but cold central Texas.  It's 31F but with the 8 mph wind it feels like 23F.  It's supposed to warm 50F this afternoon, so maybe I'll get my walk in today.  It was just too darn cold yesterday.

Random acts of kindness and national caregivers day should be celebrated everyday.  I try to do acts of kindness whenever the opportunity presents itself.  I'm not sure what national public science day is.

Mother Teresa was a very wise woman, and today's quote proves that again.

We'll pass on the meal and the drink.  I'd like to try the wine, but it is a bit pricey.

We have been to Scrabster once in 2017 on Prinsendam, and  the captain tried to stop there again when we missed another port but it was too windy to dock.  It was the port of the day on Thursday, November 18, 2021.  Here is the link to Rich's @richwmn post for that day.

@ottahand7  Nancy, enjoy your day in Santos, and thanks for the pictures.  I hope there are not many cases of Covid on board.  Stay well and safe.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you feel better soon.

@dfish  Debbie, I hope the roads are plowed by the time you need to leave for the gym.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope you can make your appointment before it gets icy.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm glad you got good results from your doctors visit and that you have a day for your cataract surgery.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, enjoy your lunch with your former cleaning lady, and that's a nice act of kindness.

@Cruzin Terri Enjoy your last two sea days.

@smitty34877  Terry, be careful walking the dogs around all that work.

@cruising sister  I hope you can get the cast replaced today.

@kochleffel  Paul, there is a law in Phoenix, and maybe all of Arizona against shooting into the air.  It was passed after a young girl as killed by such a bullet.

Lenda

Screenshot_20230217_143113.jpg

Screenshot_20230217_143152.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 10

I really like all the days for today and the quote from Mother Teresa.  How true.  I am another one who prefers meat in my sub sandwiches.  I usually have them add pickles, onions, and jalapenos, so I guess I am a beginning vegetarian.  

• Like 26
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kochleffel said:

I had a negative antigen test this morning!  I'd like to go to CVS-in-Target, but the weather this morning isn't nice and it's predicted to improve this afternoon.

Which didn't sound bad to me, but probably wouldn't be my first choice, either. Sort of a handheld panzanella? Pass on the cocktail. My first thought about Scrabster--I may not be completely awake--was that a scrabster would be a person who dealt in scrabs, and that scrab would be to crab as scrod is to cod.

I've completed two more modules in the asynchronous online course, and I think there is only one more. It's a course on psychological first aid, given by a professor at Johns Hopkins, that was developed for first responders but the current thinking is that in a disaster, first responders are already busy, so there needs to be a backup corp of people living in or near the region. PFA is not considered therapy and the professor keeps warning therapists, if any take the course, not to go straight into therapy mode.

One of my worries is that others who down a twelve-pack of Bud might feel obligated to shoot at anything and everything that they see in the sky. They're too high to hit  even without the 12-pack, but bullets shot into the air come down somewhere at high speeds. (OTOH, I also think of the episode of Harry's Law in which Harry shot down a drone.)

cowovermoon.jpg.c1dbeb99e89596b2711d2733f52e0ff9.jpg

You missed my point. This only occurs when I down a twelve pack. I reserve the right to have conducted my science experiment myself and do not represent this experiment gives the same results for others. Besides there is a disclaimer on the Bud box that states “Excessive consumption of this carton may result in the downing of alien aircraft,”

On the lighter side, I was in the doctors office the other day for my annual physical and the nurse came in during my prostate exam. She was carrying a six pack of beer. The doctor yelled at her and stated, “I told you to bring me a butt light.” 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

Good morning, All.  Nice collection of days.  The Mother Teresa quote ties in nicely with doing random acts of kindness.  Caregivers are heroes.   When I get a Subway sandwich, I  always request all the vegetables, so yum to the meal today.  The drink has my favorite brand of whisky.
Never been to Scrabster.  I watch for it on itineraries because Castle of Mey is in the area.  Some day…

Meanwhile, love the photos, @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Quiet day here today. I’ve been busy figuring things out for our fall Allure of the Seas cruise. It’s been years since we’ve been on a Royal Caribbean ship.  DH has been wanting to try “one of those ships with the pedestrian walkway” for a long time.  Should be fun.

Congratulation, @kochleffel, on the negative test.  Sigh of relief there for sure.

@StLouisCruisers, it’s nice to hear that Princess has some traditions back.  There is definitely a void when the special traditions are missing.

@ger_77, that is a very touching story about the memorial you are attending.  Thoughts are with you.

I hope everyone has a pleasant TGIF today. Many thanks to all contributors here.

This guy must be a pal of @cat shepard’s sock guy yesterday.

DAEC2F38-EC1A-4244-91D3-BA2DED0C5EFC.jpeg.09f7a5c0cf43ab38b75083f6263624b1.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I discovered this morning that I had posted pictures of Scrabster previously, but evidently not all of them on November 18, 2021.  I'm not sure when I did post them, but here are a few more from our day in Scrabster on August 8, 2017, on Prinsendam.

The church we visited was the Canisbay Church of Scotland.  This is their graveyard.

DSC08966.thumb.JPG.eb88931704dd1ec16e050e635fec9d5b.JPG

The interior of the church is very simple.  The plaque partly visible in the picture is by the pew where the Queen Mother always sat.  King Charles always sat on the back row.  We could not tour Castle Mey because Charles was in residence.

DSC08968.thumb.JPG.bbf32cc33c9c7cdb6392772d94dfbc9d.JPG

A few more pictures of John O'Groats, and we were lucky to have a wonderful sunny day.

DSC08971.thumb.JPG.862dc326a21eb8aedf9113c8a7587609.JPG

DSC08973.thumb.JPG.4fd965115bc56ac3ae519a910d4b03dd.JPG

DSC08980.thumb.JPG.9cda247fcc2b8083470b802371259c82.JPG

DSC08982.thumb.JPG.ac9c48c629a3ccebe616b660914b5f40.JPG

A couple more pictures of Dunnet Head.

DSC08984.thumb.JPG.c97cee41131aa8074e3cafdc62e8f73e.JPG

DSC08985.thumb.JPG.ea9403c5c402e4b3306d3c071da4eebc.JPG

Here are a few pictures I took from the Prinsendam or the area around the dock, which was a ways from town.

DSC08994.thumb.JPG.ffcf666ad56326cfae48aae29a48999b.JPG

DSC08998.thumb.JPG.c241614885ed413e32a89f96217f73d9.JPG

Holborn Head Lighthouse near the port.  

DSC08996.thumb.JPG.827b82eaab8ff7afceded7eb04888a5d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

I did go back to bed, and think I could do that again.  My tummy was making all sorts of strange sounds, so when Furnando snuggled up next to me, he thought that Tazi was growling at him, but he couldn't find her, and figured it was just me, with a strange purr.

Temperature has dropped more than 10 degrees since I posted this morning. I had turned the heater off on the porch, but will turn that back on for Feral Fawn and her side kick, Bubbles.

I do need food, so about to make a very early lunch, I still have to walk the neighbors dog, and then I will decide if I am going to work or sleep.

fat-cat100-vector-id811081576?k=20&m=811081576&s=612x612&w=0&h=AsMMVr9iDQrUdDAu7BAPN1Ptd9u3RpjvMXkQsBmvd6k=

• Like 26

Good morning. Thank you to all contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily.

I am all for doing random acts of kindness, whenever possible. Caregivers are to be saluted every day; it's a tough job. Public science is important. Wonderful quote by Mother Teresa. I like my subs with meat (and ditch the bun). I'll pass on the drink. I like the wine although it's a bit above my budget.

I haven't been to Scrabster.

It's colder today, cloudy, with wind chills in the teens. No special plans here, other than doing some repair on a couple of clothing items for BFF (is that a random act of kindness?) and straightening up around the house.

@cat shepard Thank you for starting us up today. 

@ottahand7 I'm enjoying your photos.

@marshhawk Take care of yourself!

@kazu Be careful if you do go out. Great memes.

@mamaofami Good to hear that your checkups came out ok.

@Lady Hudson Way to go on the walking! 

@Cruzin Terri Although it will be work, it will be so nice to have your house back together again.

@aliaschief You can check online, as some of the expiration dates on Covid tests have been extended. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

@kochleffel Good news on the negative test!

@StLouisCruisers Ha ha on that towel arrangement! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Scrabster. 

@ger_77 Condolences on the passing of your friend's daughter. So kind of you to attend the memorial service. Wow, Canada has fast passport service! 

@rafinmd I'm glad you had the energy to do some errands, but sad that your sleep is still not good.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation of National Science Day.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

Stay well everyone.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

21 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I discovered this morning that I had posted pictures of Scrabster previously, but evidently not all of them on November 18, 2021.  I'm not sure when I did post them, but here are a few more from our day in Scrabster on August 8, 2017, on Prinsendam.

The church we visited was the Canisbay Church of Scotland.  This is their graveyard.

The interior of the church is very simple.  The plaque partly visible in the picture is by the pew where the Queen Mother always sat.  King Charles always sat on the back row.  We could not tour Castle Mey because Charles was in residence.

A few more pictures of John O'Groats, and we were lucky to have a wonderful sunny day.

Here are a few pictures I took from the Prinsendam or the area around the dock, which was a ways from town.

Lenda

Nice photos Lenda.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Lenda

Wonderful photos, Lenda.  Lovely blue skies!

We had a long UK cruise booked for this coming May and had to cancel because of family issues.  I was pretty bummed out about that.  But it's very heartening to think that maybe we can look ahead to another time and find an itinerary that includes Scrabster.  I think the port is often skipped because of high seas, but still, can't get there unless it's on the itinerary.   ❤️

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!
It's a cloudy 38F, heading for mid 40's today.  

Great collection of days, and I love the quote.  Will pass on the red wine, drink and meal.  I too prefer some meat in the sandwich.  We've been to Scotland but not Scrabster.  Thank you Lenda 

@Quartzsite Cruiserfor the great photos!

I guess we'll get more Covid tests before Medicare stops supplying them, but we have 14 now...the boxes say "Disregard expiration date printed on the pouch.  New expiration date above".  So ours are good through September '23.  

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday. It’s been really cold, hopefully it’ll warm up soon. It usually does sometime late February or early March. The gem show is most of February and Rodeo is always the last full week with kids out of school on the Thursday and Friday. This year it’s next week. When I was working we were allowed to wear jeans on those days. I had a bolo tie that I would wear too. Happy memories of February. 

Great collection of days today and good quote from Mother Teresa. All worth celebrating. I’ve not been to Scabster or Scotland. I’d love to go someday. 

I like veggie sandwiches occasionally, sometimes I just don’t want meat. But I do like cheese on the sandwich. A local sandwich shop has a great version but it isn’t on a sub roll.  This is the description:
cream cheese, mayo, swiss cheese, american cheese, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, cucumber slices, avocado, onions on 12-grain Bread

Yum!  Now I want one for lunch. 
Thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish and I agree, the two with eggplant look really good. 

Have a great day!

Edited by Sharon in AZ
  • Like 28

Good morning, 

It's a gloomy day here with clouds and rain in the forecast. Caregivers Day - I'll be taking in cookies and homemade Oreo Cookie fudge for DH's care people this morning. I keep them supplied with cookies when he's in there. Baking is my therapy but we don't need to eat it all! In addition his sister is coming up from north of Seattle for a visit today so we'll both enjoy seeing her. 

The last few days have been a lot less stressful and no news on his roommate at all. Wednesday he had wound care, a shower, OT, Speech, and PT so he was a tired guy. Yesterday was just PT and he did well on that. Keeping fingers crossed that he gets home before our Medicare days run out! 

Have a nice Friday!

Karen

• Like 28

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We often practice random acts of kindness, a huge shout out to caregivers, and where would we be without science?

A busy day ahead for us.  Years ago when a friend of ours was 16 years old, she had a baby and gave her up for adoption.  They reconnected about 10 years ago (the adoptive parents had passed away by then), and have become quite close.  The daughter developed brain cancer 3 years ago, and sadly, died this week.  We told our friend (who married late in life and never had any other children) that we would like to come to the memorial service (about 1.5 hours from here) to support her and her husband, even though we didn't know the girl.  Late last night our friend called saying her husband is down with the flu, and can she get a ride with us?  Well, the 3 of us will be heading out of town in a couple of hours to attend the memorial together. 

@kazuI hope the ice holds off so you can get your business done safely!

@marshhawksorry to hear you're under the weather; take the time to get well, please! 

I had a surprise yesterday - got a notice in the mail there was a delivery at the post office that required a signature, so off I went.  It was my new passport; delivered only 7 days after we dropped our renewal applications off at the passport office.  When I looked at the issue date, it was dated 2 days after we handed in the paperwork!  Hard to believe now that everyone has passed through the peak season of travel that they can be done in such a short period of time!  Strangely enough, DH doesn't have his yet, but maybe it will come today.   

I'm not a fan of veggie sandwiches, although when DH is in one of his "I just can't eat meat" phases, he will order a veggie sub.  To me it isn't a real sub if it doesn't have meat in it.  LOL   I'm pretty sure we're just going to pick up some pizza on the way home from the memorial service late this afternoon and will enjoy it at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all our people with needs, especially those suffering through natural and man-made disasters.  We'll raise our glasses to cheer all with celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, I'm glad you both are able to take your friend to the memorial service and to support her.  Yeah, on the quick delivery of your new passport.

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It looks very nice this morning outside.  I bet there will be a lot of people by the pool today.  Temp is 77 currently, and we're north of Cuba on the NE coast.  We will do a little packing and then have a Most Traveled Guest luncheon in Sabatini's at noon.  I like the way Princess has returned to their old events like the champagne waterfall and presentation of officers, the Captain's Circle cocktail party and luncheons for high number of days guests.  Hope things are soon back to normal on HAL.

Thanks Ann for the Daily and Fleet Report this morning, and Vanessa thanks for the excellent list keeping.  Prayers for all in need there and for the people with disasters on their doorsteps.  So many of those nowadays.  Cheers for all with good medical reports, and cruises to enjoy.  Speaking of that, our room stewardess is a real happy-go-lucky gal, and spreads the fun to her section of the ship.  This is what we found last night when we returned after our evening out.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJJuT-gSPc7m_q7uc1iFyO-aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=small&ts=1676641472

There must have been many of those left in rooms because we kept hearing people laughing in the hallways as they went back out to let her know they enjoyed it.  Here's her message to us on Valentine's Day.

.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI1QjDdX9D-MengyWuY8fmm5cYdfB3jRoL_VZILaXEufg?cn=THISLIFE&res=small&ts=1676641589

A great group of days to celebrate and a wonderful quote.  I want meat on my sandwich, too.  Scrabster was our port on Nov. 18, 2021.  We haven't been to Scrabster before but would love to.  Thanks in advance for any photos.

Sandi, while it's nice that Princess is resuming some of the traditions, it seems they are a good way to spread sickness.  BTW, I'll take care of the links to the port of the day tomorrow and Sunday to give you time to get home and get settled.  If you need more time before resuming your role on the Daily, just let me know.  Love the towel art.  

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you Rich, Ann, and Vanessa for the TGIF Daily.  Back from my grocery trip to Wegmans and trash duty.  Significant rain when I left the house but just a drizzle when I got back. 

The roller coaster continues as I did not sleep well last night and I hope the 3AM barrier will go when we move the clocks forward. 

Been to Scrabster just once in 2011 on the Elegant Explorer.

Roy

Roy, I'm sorry you are still having problems sleeping through the night.  DH has been having trouble getting to sleep until early morning.  I think it may have something to do with the recovery process.  

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20230217_143113.jpg

Screenshot_20230217_143152.jpg

Graham, thanks for the explanation of national public science day.  Maybe more people will realize science is beneficial to us.

6 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I did go back to bed, and think I could do that again.  My tummy was making all sorts of strange sounds, so when Furnando snuggled up next to me, he thought that Tazi was growling at him, but he couldn't find her, and figured it was just me, with a strange purr.

Temperature has dropped more than 10 degrees since I posted this morning. I had turned the heater off on the porch, but will turn that back on for Feral Fawn and her side kick, Bubbles.

I do need food, so about to make a very early lunch, I still have to walk the neighbors dog, and then I will decide if I am going to work or sleep.

fat-cat100-vector-id811081576?k=20&m=811081576&s=612x612&w=0&h=AsMMVr9iDQrUdDAu7BAPN1Ptd9u3RpjvMXkQsBmvd6k=

Annie, I hope the food helps settle your tummy.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Nice photos Lenda.

Graham.

Thank you, Graham.

1 hour ago, AncientWanderer said:

Wonderful photos, Lenda.  Lovely blue skies!

We had a long UK cruise booked for this coming May and had to cancel because of family issues.  I was pretty bummed out about that.  But it's very heartening to think that maybe we can look ahead to another time and find an itinerary that includes Scrabster.  I think the port is often skipped because of high seas, but still, can't get there unless it's on the itinerary.   ❤️

We were very lucky to have such great weather that day.  The next time, it was too windy to safely dock.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thank you to all contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily.

I am all for doing random acts of kindness, whenever possible. Caregivers are to be saluted every day; it's a tough job. Public science is important. Wonderful quote by Mother Teresa. I like my subs with meat (and ditch the bun). I'll pass on the drink. I like the wine although it's a bit above my budget.

I haven't been to Scrabster.

It's colder today, cloudy, with wind chills in the teens. No special plans here, other than doing some repair on a couple of clothing items for BFF (is that a random act of kindness?) and straightening up around the house.

@cat shepard Thank you for starting us up today. 

@ottahand7 I'm enjoying your photos.

@marshhawk Take care of yourself!

@kazu Be careful if you do go out. Great memes.

@mamaofami Good to hear that your checkups came out ok.

@Lady Hudson Way to go on the walking! 

@Cruzin Terri Although it will be work, it will be so nice to have your house back together again.

@aliaschief You can check online, as some of the expiration dates on Covid tests have been extended. https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

@kochleffel Good news on the negative test!

@StLouisCruisers Ha ha on that towel arrangement! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Great photos from Scrabster. 

@ger_77 Condolences on the passing of your friend's daughter. So kind of you to attend the memorial service. Wow, Canada has fast passport service! 

@rafinmd I'm glad you had the energy to do some errands, but sad that your sleep is still not good.

@grapau27 Thanks for the explanation of National Science Day.

Prayers for the Care List and a Toast to those with something to Celebrate.

Stay well everyone.

Vanessa, thanks for posting the link to check the expiration dates on the test kits.  I checked them in late December, but I think the the dates have been extended again.  Thanks, also for you nice comments on the pictures.

25 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

It's a gloomy day here with clouds and rain in the forecast. Caregivers Day - I'll be taking in cookies and homemade Oreo Cookie fudge for DH's care people this morning. I keep them supplied with cookies when he's in there. Baking is my therapy but we don't need to eat it all! In addition his sister is coming up from north of Seattle for a visit today so we'll both enjoy seeing her. 

The last few days have been a lot less stressful and no news on his roommate at all. Wednesday he had wound care, a shower, OT, Speech, and PT so he was a tired guy. Yesterday was just PT and he did well on that. Keeping fingers crossed that he gets home before our Medicare days run out! 

Have a nice Friday!

Karen

Karen, I think taking cookies to your DH's caregivers is more than a random act of kindness.  While I didn't bake cookies to take in everyday, I did take Christmas cookies the last full day of DH's rehab to thank all the people who took care of him, and encouraged him, not just the nurses and the therapists who worked with him.

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Those of us on this year's Voyage of the Vikings were notified yesterday of some port changes.  Bergen has been replaced with Lerwick, Shetland Islands, and Dublin changed to Sornoway, Isle of Lewis. Remarkably little grumbling about the changes since very few have been to either of the new ports. I'm pleased, too! Have any other Dailyites had the experience of being happier with a revised itinerary than the original?

Have a good day, friends!

Edi

• Like 22

33 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Those of us on this year's Voyage of the Vikings were notified yesterday of some port changes.  Bergen has been replaced with Lerwick, Shetland Islands, and Dublin changed to Sornoway, Isle of Lewis. Remarkably little grumbling about the changes since very few have been to either of the new ports. I'm pleased, too! Have any other Dailyites had the experience of being happier with a revised itinerary than the original?

Edi

I love those two new ports and would not object to the change if it happened to me, but it is a real change in the nature of the ports. Certainly ports less visited.

• Like 17

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I guess the guy forgot to close the lid before flushing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

45 minutes ago, NextOne said:

Edi

Oh,  yes.  Last summer on The Best of Norway we ended up going to Eidfjord twice.  I know it is a tiny fjord town with mostly a waterfall and power plant to look at.  But, it is a beautiful little fjord town. There is some great hiking in Eidfjord and we took full advantage of it.  The RIB adventure was a great one as well. 

I went and got my 8 Medicare provided test kits after exercise class this morning.  Haven't checked the expiration date yet.  Next time I go upstairs.  I do have a question.  Do I have to wait until March 17th to get the next month's allotment or can I pick those up anytime in March?  The pharmacist said they had not gotten any directives about the program ending yet.

The plow guy came and since the garbage pick up hadn't come by then, I took mine out.  They picked it up while I was at class.  So, no stinky garbage in the garage.  

• Like 22

Hello Everyone,

My thanks to the pillars of this thread who are continuing to support and ensure its daily presence.

The things I learn everyday here are wonderful; every day is a school day my Mom always said.

The days celebrated today are all important to our well being.

Lots of people are caregivers, they come in all sorts of forms and do all sorts of things to help others. Many people here are caregivers even though they may not believe so. Kindness and believing it is the right thing to do often play a role.

Public science, IMO, is for the greater good; public health/epidemiology, civil engineering and meterology/weather to name a few. All important to help us to live safe lives.

I like the quote from Mother Theresa but I also believe that anything done with good intentions and love are great things too.

The week has been a rolloer coaster in the weather department but this is Winter in MN!!

Starting to pack for my next cruise; the PC on the NCL Bliss. Leave next week for a 15 day cruise.

Looking forward to being warm!

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Cheers to those celebrating; it is good to celebrate big and small things.

Take good care and have a nice, restful weekend. Stay safe.😊 

• Like 24