The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday February 18th, 2023

cat shepard

Good Saturday Morning Dailyites!  Computer said, when I sat down to start reading ,that it was 33, now it's 30.  But sunny!  I love Saturdays and Sundays!  I still work on Saturdays but I don't have to split my day up to walk the neighbors dog.  My entire day is mine, even though I have to work.

I got a call yesterday from one of my old bosses (last year) and she wanted to let me know that I was going to be working on the Arizona Opera again.  Yippee!  While it's one of the smallest campaigns, as in limited hours, people in AZ are very nice.  Or is it the opera fans that are very nice.....Not sure.  Because every one I talked to knew way more about opera than I did, and they had no problem educating me.😸.

5f4c8de02220c205ecf7ad45a45f59e6.jpg

Last night we watched the new Death in Paradise episodes that Britbox uploaded yesterday, and we cant wait for the new Vera that will upload on Sunday. @Cruzin Territhank you for the pictures of Guadalupe where Death is filmed, and @grapau27Thank you for the pictures of Vera that you posted this past week.

I dont know what station will be showing the NASCAR race this weekend, but I know that is also on the agenda for this weekend, along with grocery shopping.  Right now I need to get moving, make breakfast and start that grocery list.  I need to create a menu for the week, where not only I cook, but DH can cook too, so I need to have him tell me what hours he will be working, before I make the list and menu.

243838607004202.jpg?r1024x1024

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone.  Thank you for taking on the daily report @cat shepard. I need to buy some C batteries today and some wine for dinner. Whales definitely deserve their own day. The meal sounds very tasty. Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today!  Now I need to start packing for our Celebrity Millenium cruise out of San Juan next Saturday, we leave on Wednesday morning.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily and to all contributors.

Batteries seem a necessity these days, whether disposable or rechargeable. Yay, national drink wine day! (although I've had none for about 4 months). I love seeing whales when cruising; we need to protect them. I'd thought it was "I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of time", until Rich added the rest.

The soup sounds good. Pass on the drink and yes to the wine.

I haven't been to Ishigakijima Island.

It's sunny here, 25F and going into the 40's. I'll mainly be doing some little projects around the house.

@cat shepard Thank you for starting us up today.

@puppycanducruise Lovely orchid. Sadly my 2 died last year. I'd like to get another one.

@Cruzin Terri Enjoy your last cruise day. Safe travels tomorrow. I hope you find that your house is nearly done when you return home. 

@kazu I'm glad you got back before the mess. The weather sounds ugly there.

@ottahand7 Wow, you arrived in Rio right at the start of Carnival. I'd imagine it's crazy there. Sorry your tours were cancelled. Sorry to hear your ship friend had to be taken off due to breathing issues. Great photos!

@rafinmd Good to hear that you slept better. 

@dfish Thanks for the recipes. I hope you find a light you like.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay well everyone.

Orcas in Antarctica

071-12_30_18.thumb.jpg.94555be3f1e08e036fa8046cdc2ea80a.jpg

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning!

Even though I don't post frequently, this is the first place I go to in the morning, again in the afternoon, and once more before bed.  Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming!

For Whale Day, I have my favorite whale picture - we were on a whale watch in Juneau on our 14 day Amsterdam cruise.  We've done other whale watching trips, but this time we saw LOTS of whales! When they came up for bubble feeding, the crew on the boat were all so excited, it was the first time that year that they had seen it.

109.thumb.JPG.79558a8143a9edbc028fee06eda55af1.JPG

Prayers for everyone on our Care list....and I'll raise a glass of wine today for our Celebration list!

Have a wonderful day,

Laura

• Like 27
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and thanks for the Daily,

A beautiful sunny morning with a high of 53 should take care of any remaining ice. Off to grocery shopping today with strict instructions of no lifting with my left hand. I may see if I can get someone to tag along. 

Bon Voyage for the lucky sailors. Hopes for calm seas and fair weather. Best to all on care list and hopes for speedy recovery. 

• Like 25

3 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good morning!

Even though I don't post frequently, this is the first place I go to in the morning, again in the afternoon, and once more before bed.  Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming!

For Whale Day, I have my favorite whale picture - we were on a whale watch in Juneau on our 14 day Amsterdam cruise.  We've done other whale watching trips, but this time we saw LOTS of whales! When they came up for bubble feeding, the crew on the boat were all so excited, it was the first time that year that they had seen it.

109.thumb.JPG.79558a8143a9edbc028fee06eda55af1.JPG

Prayers for everyone on our Care list....and I'll raise a glass of wine today for our Celebration list!

Have a wonderful day,

Laura

Superb photo Laura.

Graham.

• Like 8

I have three friends who live in New Zealand....one in the North Shore area out of Auckland...one in Paparoa (north of Auckland...who is safe but surrounded with floods and devastation from the cyclone)...and one in Upper Hutt north of Wellington (who was hit with heavy rains but no damage...then had a 6.3 earthquake)...all three are saying "Mother Nature doesn't like us right now"....😟

Hope they get a break soon....!!
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 10

Good morning all,

We have another cool morning with cloudy skies. Am meeting my riding group in a bit for a hike to view poppies. Today’s agenda includes a trip to our local Polish deli to pick up pacski. It’s my first time to “meet” them as I’m a “newly discovered “ half Pole.

And this weekend I have to finish the tile holder for a gift, as the birthday girl gets home tomorrow. I’m stuck on trying to figure out what went wrong on a woggle knot. 

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy  Saturday and thanks Rich, Ann, and Vanessa for keeping this community going.  For some on the world cruise the next few days will be poignant as the Volendam nears Fremantle where so many world cruises ended last time.

Zuidie??

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Daily-ites!

It's been nonstop fun here in San Diego. I had so much baby time and our little nephew is the sweetest and cutest!

47356.thumb.jpeg.014a3b85e51615de217af76045517e35.jpeg

47461.jpeg.52cdfe050bda7f2299a46f62413a0862.jpeg

My sis will pick us up this morning and take us to the port. I'm excited to get back onboard! Thank you for the bon voyage!

I have many pictures of our Maui whales but here's one we enjoyed because it stayed out and frolicked and entertained us for a time.

Prayers for all. Have a great weekend. 

Resized_20200123_150500_932.thumb.jpg.8b8418068f34a8d56b894a331c500810.jpg

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites!

It's been nonstop fun here in San Diego. I had so much baby time and our little nephew is the sweetest and cutest!

47356.thumb.jpeg.014a3b85e51615de217af76045517e35.jpeg

47461.jpeg.52cdfe050bda7f2299a46f62413a0862.jpeg

My sis will pick us up this morning and take us to the port. I'm excited to get back onboard! Thank you for the bon voyage!

I have many pictures of our Maui whales but here's one we enjoyed because it stayed out and frolicked and entertained us for a time.

Prayers for all. Have a great weekend. 

Resized_20200123_150500_932.thumb.jpg.8b8418068f34a8d56b894a331c500810.jpg

Bon Voyage. I love the pictures of the baby and family The dog getting  into the picture  is also cute!

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

Good morning all!

Our grand-kitties arrived last night and we're loving having them here -- even though sometimes it's like having a dozen out-of-control toddlers in the house! 😂It's great hearing all the purrs and getting all the cuddles and kisses.  Right now they're both in my lap doing acrobats as I type. 😅

This morning I'll be driving to Bellingham for my BFF's daughter's baby shower.  This is an invitro baby, and we're all very excited for the parents-to-be (and my BFF, getting a new granddaughter!)

Not much sleep last night (not sure why) so it will be a long day and long drive.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

• Like 28

We are back on the ship after we walked around town for a couple hours.  Got some great street view and flower photos. Having never been here before I didn't know that many young people dress up early in the morning. It made our walk more colorful. Both the grand science museum and the modern art museum were locked up tight. The beautiful monastery nearby is also closed. I am sitting on my balcony thank goodness offloading is forward so I don't have to smell diesel all afternoon.

We are having laundry problems on this ship. I got my 8 unmentionable items yesterday because I told them I was out.  We have had jeans and t shirts gone for three days. I called guest services and they said they were. having laundry issues.  Will be out of non dressy hot weather clothing soon. I wish HA would show just one NASCAR race and show the Daytona to kick the season off right.  

IMG_20230218_114038380.jpg

IMG_20230218_105238615_HDR.jpg

• Like 29

33 minutes ago, Rowsby said:

@aliaschief  Loved this meme you posted yesterday....only in my case (age)....it would be Beatles vs Elvis, Supremes vs Temptations....Everly Brothers and Rolling Stones...😅

our age.jpg

I’m so old maybe I should have had Lawrence Welk versus Guy Lombardo and Lester Lanin and his orchestra! 😁

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 9
  • Haha 10

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report. DH was disappointed that I made breakfast this morning, he doesn’t like doing the dishes.  I made a quick trip to a grocery store this morning and found a pack of 24 eggs for $5.18.  Didn’t need them but bought them anyway.  This morning I did our taxes and we filed them.  It’s nice to have that chore out of the way.

It’s been awhile since we did some whale watching.  They are beautiful creatures and they seem to be in trouble off of our east coast, way too many have washed up on shore recently.

I’ll join in and celebrate wine day.  Hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.a62f1f3857aa10945889257f36cf0812.png

• Like 18
  • Haha 5

Good morning from still sunny and still cold Durango. We are supposed to climb into the 30's today and the 40's by early in the week before the next snow arrives or so they say. Ice has finally melted from the driveway so at least I can walk to the mailbox down a short, but rather steep, hill. I just keep the frig stocked and lots of dog food on hand. This winter will end. And I have great hopes for a cruise beginning in January so I miss next winter which will probably be mild.

Yesterday it was a case of "the best laid plan of mice and men....." kind of day. Plan was to load car to haul stuff away to trash, recycling and thrift store but I got a call on some issues at the shelter that needed my immediate presence. The executive director could not handle under our current by-laws. That took up much of morning and early afternoon and when I got home I was exhausted. Dogs and I napped and the day was shot. I come off the Board on May 6 and am looking forward to it. Sort of like a second retirement.

I love whales!!!! When seen, they are the highlight of any cruise. They need all the protection we can give them.

Off to do today what I should have done yesterday.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 24

Good morning.  DH just headed out to our grandson's birthday party.  I'm home -- still coughing and sneezing.  One bug after another this year!

Batteries are useful, wine is good, and whales are beautiful.  I'll take the day!

Not afraid of dying either.  The soup looks great, but no scotch drinkers here, so no to that.  Some day we will finally make it to Japan!

Beautiful orchid, @puppycanducruise.  DD always has one going in her home.  Mine don't seem to do as well.

@kazu, it's great that you are able to tap out posts here.  I hope you're keeping your spirits up okay.

@ottahand7, the fireworks show sounds lovely.  I hope they do repeat for you.

@ger_77, interesting about the memorial service.  Kind of a "viewing"?  

Have fun at the flea market.  That's such a great way to spend an afternoon.

@kplady, amazing whale experience you had!

@Seasick Sailor, what a beautiful baby!  And such a great photo with the ladies together!  Enjoy your cruise.

Also big Bon Voyage to @57redbird

@GTVCRUISER, it's always wonderful to see the Koningsdam in San Diego.  I wish we were hopping on today!

Many thanks, all,  for our Daily dose of kindness.  Wishing everyone a delightful day.

🛳️            🌊    

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1