The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday February 28th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Today is Floral Design Day, National Chili Day, and Public Sleeping Day

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.--J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Meal Suggestion for today - Cheesy Tortellini And Sausage Bake
Drink of the Day - Devil And Miss Mary
Wine of the Day - Chateau Talbot St.-Julien 2019
Destination of the Day - Lyttelton (Christchurch), New Zealand

Eurodam

Dry Dock Bahamas Bahamas until 3/3

Koningsdam

Nawiliwili, Lihue, Kauai Island, Hawaii 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 15:00

Nieuw Statendam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 14:00 - 23:59

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica eta 3-02

Rotterdam

Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 16:00

Volendam

At Sea Destination Santarem, Brazil Amazon eta 3-02

Zaandam

Cartagena Colombia 12:00 - 18:00

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Port Louis, Mauritius Island eta 3-02

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Wellington, New Zealand 07:00 - 19:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines eta 3-02

image.thumb.png.eeab8b14db31d60c9e28ec558efdc253.png

image.thumb.png.3bf82da3ab81610124aa7dd6976af44a.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

• Like 23
  • Thanks 14

Thanks for the Fleet update and general information.

Let’s see, where do I start.

Ok, National Chili Day. Love my Redneck chili. Do you know Chili can be used to forecast the weather. Chili today, hot tamale! 

Public Sleeping Day. Now that’s a day I would not like to celebrate. Like other things I will not mention, sleeping is a private thing to me with mouth wide open complete with snoring. Most often seen in the seat next to you on a plane.

I was in Christchurch, NZ in 2003, the year the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won their first Super Bowl. I was walking in this rose garden and here comes this guy wearing a TB Super Bowl tee shirt, some 7000 miles from home. I asked him what part of TB did he live. He lived just around the corner from me. Incredible!

• Like 20
  • Haha 9

Good morning friends!  Or is it?  I went to bed at 10 pm and awoke at 1 am.  Then I tossed and turned waiting to fall back asleep.  It never happened and I'm so tired this morning.  If I didn't have to get blood drawn after the lab opens at 8 am, then get groceries, and also get over to the gym for a workout I would go back to bed now.  Maybe after the workout.  I am doing my miles on the treadmill as soon as I finish here.  😴

Thanks to Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie and Debbie for their assistance in putting together today's Daily and Fleet Report for you.  I'm simply the messenger.  Sorry I'm a little too weary for the blue bubbles today.  I'm sure many will celebrate Floral Design Day, not to mention the fabulous National Chili Day!  DH doesn't have that on our menu any day this week.  I know because he showed me our shopping list and plans for meals last night.  I love chili!  However Public Sleeping is not really accepted in some circles.  I hope I don't fall asleep in public today!  Today we also have a J. K. Rowling quote for all her fans.  The Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Bake sounds tasty.  It will be interesting to see all the recipes.  (no food for me this morning - darn!).  I'm sure many will enjoy the drink and wine of the day.  

Prayers for all on the Care list today and three cheers to those on the Celebration list.  Hoping for better days ahead for those ailing or in pain.  And smooth seas and following winds for those at sea.

Our port today is Lyttelton (Christchurch), New Zealand and it is the second time here for it. My trips there have not included Lyttelton or Christchurch.  Perhaps because after the 2011 earthquake the cruise lines had to move on to other places as they worked on building back their city.  I would love to go there sometime, and also would enjoy any photos posted here today. 

Have a wonderful day my friends!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

Good morning it is 10.22am from a wet 40°F North East England.

Thank you so much Sandi for supplying today's daily reports.

I do not like chilli.

I used to sleep in public while sunbathing on a sunbed.

It is amazing what can be done with floral designs.

Today's quote can be very true.

Prayers 🙏 said for all of our friends who are unwell.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230228_101838.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Or is it?  I went to bed at 10 pm and awoke at 1 am.  Then I tossed and turned waiting to fall back asleep.  It never happened and I'm so tired this morning.  If I didn't have to get blood drawn after the lab opens at 8 am, then get groceries, and also get over to the gym for a workout I would go back to bed now.  Maybe after the workout.  I am doing my miles on the treadmill as soon as I finish here.  😴

Thanks to Rich, Vanessa, Ann, Dixie and Debbie for their assistance in putting together today's Daily and Fleet Report for you.  I'm simply the messenger.  Sorry I'm a little too weary for the blue bubbles today.  I'm sure many will celebrate Floral Design Day, not to mention the fabulous National Chili Day!  DH doesn't have that on our menu any day this week.  I know because he showed me our shopping list and plans for meals last night.  I love chili!  However Public Sleeping is not really accepted in some circles.  I hope I don't fall asleep in public today!  Today we also have a J. K. Rowling quote for all her fans.  The Cheesy Tortellini and Sausage Bake sounds tasty.  It will be interesting to see all the recipes.  (no food for me this morning - darn!).  I'm sure many will enjoy the drink and wine of the day.  

Prayers for all on the Care list today and three cheers to those on the Celebration list.  Hoping for better days ahead for those ailing or in pain.  And smooth seas and following winds for those at sea.

Our port today is Lyttelton (Christchurch), New Zealand and it is the second time here for it. My trips there have not included Lyttelton or Christchurch.  Perhaps because after the 2011 earthquake the cruise lines had to move on to other places as they worked on building back their city.  I would love to go there sometime, and also would enjoy any photos posted here today. 

Good luck with your blood test today Sandi.

I'm sorry to hear you are having sleeping issues.

I woke this morning at 3AM and just dozed off at 5.45am and our alarm went off at 6am for Pauline to get ready for work.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Oh no. You must have the RNB can’t sleep at nite disease. I guess it is contagious!  That’s why I started my post just five minutes after you posted. As mentioned in prior posts, I have tried everything including counting sheep, counting the number of licks it takes to finish a DQ soft serve vanilla ice cream cone, counting the toots of a HAL ship as it leaves PE, etc. Guess I see you at 5 AM tomorrow.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report, a great place to start the day, no matter what time it is.

I like chili, maybe we'll have that for dinner tonight.  I'm not a flower arranger but I love flowers.  I don't sleep in public, I have enough problems sleeping in my own bed at night.

I like the quote, I won't say anything about the author.

The meal suggestion sounds good too, looking forward to seeing the recipe. 

I'm not sure about the drink, but hope the wine is tasty.

Thanks in advance for pictures of today's port.

We had a lot of snow overnight, I heard the plows roar by at 4:10.  We'll have to get the snowblower and shovels out later.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Devil and Miss Mary cocktail:

Ingredients
1 1/2 parts Jim Beam® Devil's Cut®
4 parts Tomato Juice
4-6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
3-5 dashes Tabasco® Hot Sauce
3-5 grinds Pepper, Black
2 Basil Leaves
Garnish with Lemon Wedges

Instructions
In a mixing glass add the sauces, spices and basil leaves then add all remaining ingredients and roll back and forth with ice in a mixing tin. Pour all ingredients into a tall glass with an optional salt and chili spice rim. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 6.51.10 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 14

Our area has a little bit of snow  and it looks so pretty on the trees.We have not been to the port and I think there is vegetarian  chili in the freezer for us tonight.I almost fell asleep  in public yesterday while waiting for DH to reappear at the radiology  department. 

This is what it looked like from Tana's  window before daylight arrived.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Sandi.

Interesting collection of days.  I think I’ll celebrate floral design since I do like designing planters and flower arrangements.  And speaking of flowers - realized I will have a gap so I decided I better add to my seed collection - will order today before it’s too late to start them. 

72FA5B3A-6CB3-444D-B615-1702E8CCCE61.jpeg.048ac3b0d2e6f0d22bc496f9804db541.jpeg

I do like the Rowling quote.  Loved Christchurch in New Zealand when we visited - seems so long ago now.

@StLouisCruisersSorry to hear about your bad sleep last night 😔 Hoping you can grab a nap later after your lab tests - best of luck with them 🤞 

More snow coming ‘sigh’.  Well, I guess on the bright side, maybe if March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb?  Do we dare hope?  Just as long as the weather doesn’t interfere with my physio 🤞 I don’t have a lot of trust with our weather men.

92DCF027-742B-4003-88F0-08C36A9A9D38.thumb.jpeg.db6c2b12b7c4fc4560d45353498342a8.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list, people of Ukraine, New Zealand, earthquake victims and for those that need them.

FBEAEC44-957A-4D71-822D-11CD89146105.thumb.jpeg.c7413f5a7df6056ed6a78e479afa1ed8.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone !!!!!!

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Thank you for starting our day, Sandi! Rich, thank you for making sure the Fleet Report & Daily continue while you are touring the World!

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with all of us. Dixie & Debbie thank you for taking on our drinks and meals!

It is another lovely morning here. Off to Aldi, then Bindi walks, an early after class and maybe some more pool time later. Bindi still has not returned to her calmness, since she is stressed by not seeing her mail carrier. Hoping she calms down soon. 

6806786D-5447-4328-8D5D-1BF428E46032.jpeg.8765a6984489de284b76c85308b1f52c.jpeg

2D6F8D58-1E23-4B9A-9231-104EC97C99ED.jpeg.03074cf19546262f5dc696ff363b3b49.jpeg

And for our garden club members….

F0412301-A792-41C3-BA37-F494073B74A6.jpeg.6497231dfbe99b14f4691ad8db79e299.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Chateau Talbot St.-Julien 2019

A lovely sounding red blend that is just a bit outside of my budget range. Lots of consumer and critic fans. Excellent reviews with prices starting at $69.98.

Winemaker Notes

#4 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2022

Blend: 69% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot

The Barrel Sample for this wine is above 14% ABV.

WE96 Wine Enthusiast
A rich, spicy and smoky wine, this has generous tannins to balance the blackberry fruit flavors. The structure is already impressive, showing ripeness as well as density, which is promising for plenty of aging. Barrel Sample: 94-96
JS95 James Suckling

A juicy, fruity wine with lots of blue fruit, blackberries and dark chocolate. Pretty depth and structure to this. Polished and structured at the same time. 
Barrel Sample: 94-95

WS95 Wine Spectator

Well-built and rather refined for the vintage, with a deep well of red and black currant paste and plum reduction flavors supported by a deeply inlaid iron note, all of which run the length of the wine. Offers subtle savory, tobacco and singed cedar notes that add range, with a savory echo that leaves a mouthwatering feel in the end. Built to cellar. Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot. Best from 2025.

D93 Decanter
St Julien's largest property at 110ha (up there with Lagrange if you're keeping track), this has lovely plump black fruits on the nose. Takes hold right from the start, with clear tannic build and a silky character to the tannins. This continues the run of good vintages that Talbot has been producing since 2016. Well balanced, with plenty of St Julien character. Tasted twice two weeks apart. Highest ever level of Cabernet Sauvignon at the estate. Harvest 19 September to 8 October. 60% new oak.
JD93 Jeb Dunnuck

The 2019 Château Talbot is straight-up impressive, sporting a dense purple hue as well as a powerful nose of cassis, scorched earth, smoked tobacco, and spicy wood. Rich, black-fruited, medium to full-bodied, and structured, it's a rock-solid, balanced Saint-Julien that will benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age and age for 15-20 years. Rating : 93+ Best After 2026

RP93 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate

The 2019 Talbot is performing well, opening in the glass with aromas of earthy cassis, plums, burning embers and pencil shavings. Medium to full-bodied, fleshy and succulent, with powdery tannins, lively acids and a savory finish, it's Jean-Michel Laporte's second vintage at this sleeping giant of Saint-Julien. This will be an estate to watch closely going forward. Best after 2027.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Marshhawk’s Neko crossing the rainbow bridge

Cruising Katie’s Jerry crossing the rainbow bridge

Cruising-along’s kidney issues, seeing Nephrologist this week; DH with cough

Tupper10 seeing back surgeon this Thursday

Those in the path of snow, ice and storms

East Palestine, OH environmental disaster

Citizens of Ukraine

From the rotation:

Cruising sister recovering from hand surgery

Tana’s pulmonary issues 

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued improvement and hospital release this week

CrabbyPatti’s Dad doing better physically

Welcome aboard Cruising Katie and Safety Squirrel

Cruising sister in Las Vegas 

4 days for Suslor (Zaandam 3/4 to 3/18)

5 days for TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/5 to 3/12)

Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas to 3/3), Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium to 3/4), RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 21
  • Thanks 15

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm not very artistic (read: at all), so will leave the floral designing to others, and we frequently have chili - there's usually a few containers in the freezer just in case.  I prefer sleeping in private, although I did sleep behind a display counter on an airport floor once during a long layover.

It's a clear, crisp day out there this morning as we look at a -23C temp. with a breeze, bringing the wind chill to -32C.  Come on, Spring!!  I'm getting DH up in a short while so he can shower and dress - he has to return to the denturist this morning, as the other front tooth came off his partial plate while we were having lunch yesterday. The one I super glued the day before we left for our cruise in January is still holding; go figure!  He couldn't find it in his lunch, so again, it appears he must have swallowed it.  LOL  A repeat offender.  

Thank you to my Daily friends for suggesting ideas on how to fix my email issues, particularly @TiogaCruiser, I really appreciate your efforts.  I had a trusted friend enter my computer remotely and he dug around for a while, looking at all the settings, etc.  He determined that our emails are likely still on our old computer, so that's going to mean I have to set up the old one, have him come in again, and then transfer them onto the new one.  I was just too frustrated last night to do that, so will be looking at setting it up later in the week. Thank you again for your assistance, friends.

A warm welcome to @Safety Squirrel, @cruising Katie, and @Petunia1950; so glad you can join us - we're a pretty good group of people here who are more than willing to help or offer a shoulder to lean on.  We hope to see more of you in the coming days.

I'd love to try the wine, but it's out of my budget range, so will have to just imagine how nice it is.  Neither of us is a huge fan of ravioli, so will pass on the menu suggestion - there is still a lot of the pork roast I made yesterday,  so we'll be having hot pork sandwiches with coleslaw at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers for all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 31

Good morning. Thanks for starting us off with the Daily Sandi! I can comment of floral design which we have little of on the Volendam.  There must be a problem with getting flowers.   No arrangements in the Pinnacle or at the entrance to the MDR.  John started our 81 days with a beautiful arrangement in the cabin but flowers are scarce. Table decor in the PG last night was chrysanthemums. Public sleeping is now evident on the ship.  We had a woman who boarded after we left Rio with a 6 month old. She is a well behaved baby.  The wine is a nice Bordeaux but is priced too high for my budget or too hard to find in Michigan.  Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine. 

In addition to lack of flowers a pallet of cookie dough didn't make it to the ship so there are no cookies but the pastry department is putting out some beautiful treats today at breakfast.

Volendam is out at sea finally beginning to turn west. The river we were supposed to take is too silted so we had to go a ways out to sea to avoid the oil rigs. No shell back ceremony announcement so I guess it is a private one for crew.  Our Lido host Esther said a few crew had signed up for it but it is a mystery. Second time no fanfare for Equator crossings.

Sandi we enjoyed Belem.  I agree Icoaraci was a run down town we drove for a while to get to Belem but thankfully traffic wasn't bad each way.  We did the Best of Belem tour.  Basilica, horticultural gardens and zoo and the ANOTHER market next to the big cathedral we basically missed due to time and a downpour. The old town is still in decent shape but marred by it seems 50 wires each utility pole for cable.  We were not given any time to wander so that took some joy out of it especially at a market.  I think he took us to his favorite vendors with a little long lecture at each. No time to buy t shirts or Brazilian beer but way too much time on Brazil nuts and herbal potions.  People had to double back to buy beer then right by the potion stand was a street bar with beer. Then the storm blew up and within 10 minutes everyone was back on the bus except one couple who went to the fort and probably rode out the rainstorm there. Our guide, two other security personnel and a host from a Seattle travel company searched for them to no avail.  25 minutes later they arrived back and we're rather belligerent about their delaying everyone. We enjoyed it. Anyone taking in shore excursions I'm Brazil have to factor in the heat and humidity.  Thankfully HA had a local ferry tender us back to the ship.  We topped off our long day with a Rudi's sel de Mer pop up in the PG. It was great and to top it off they offered the 50% Mariner discount. 

IMG_20230227_134655269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_135903843_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_110528991.jpg

IMG_20230227_125717009.jpg

IMG_20230227_105747366_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_110153640.jpg

IMG_20230227_115513966_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_120412727.jpg

IMG_20230227_115824400_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_115621756.jpg

IMG_20230227_182827068.jpg

IMG_20230227_184231565.jpg

IMG_20230227_190027577.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
Spelling
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

Good morning. Thanks for starting us off with the Daily Sandi! I can comment of floral design which we have little of on the Volendam.  There must be a problem with getting flowers.   No arrangements I'm the Pinnacle or at the entrance to the MDR.  John start our 81 days with a beautiful arrangement in the cabin but flowers are scarce. Table decor in the PG last night was chrysanthemums. Public sleeping is now evident on the ship.  We had a woman who boarded after we left Rio with a 6 month old. She is a well behaved baby.  The wine is a nice Bordeaux but is priced too high for my budget or too hard to find in Michigan.  Prayers for all needing them and the people of Ukraine. 

In addition to lack of flowers a pallet of cookie dough didn't make it to the ship so there are no cookies but the pastry department is putting out some beautiful treats today at breakfast.

Volendam is out at sea finally beginning to turn west. The river we were supposed to take is too silted so we had to go a ways out to sea to avoid the oil rigs. No shell back ceremony announcement so I guess it is a private one for crew.  Our Lido host Esther said a few crew had signed up for it but it is a mystery. Second time no fanfare for Equator crossings.

Sandi we enjoyed Belem.  I agree Icoaraci was a run down town we drove for a while to get to Belem but thankfully traffic wasn't bad each way.  We did the Best of Belem tour.  Basilica, horticultural gardens and zoo and the ANOTHER market next to the big cathedral we basically missed due to time and a downpour. The old town is still in decent shape but marred by it seems 50 wires each utility pole for cable.  We were not given any time to wander so that took some joy out of it especially at a market.  I think he took us to his favorite vendors with a little long lecture at each. No time to buy t shirts or Brazilian beer but way too much time on Brazil nuts and herbal potions.  People had to double back to buy beer then right by the potion stand was a street bar with beer. Then the storm blew up and within 10 minutes everyone was back on the bus except one couple who went to the fort and probably rode out the rainstorm there. Our guide, two other security personnel and a host from a Seattle travel company searched for them to no avail.  25 minutes later they arrived back and we're rather belligerent about their delaying everyone. We enjoyed it. Anyone taking in shore excursions I'm Brazil have to factor in the heat and humidity.  Thankfully HA had a local ferry tender us back to the ship.  We topped off our long day with a Rudi's sel de Mer pop up in the PG. It was great and to top it off they offered the 50% Mariner discount. 

IMG_20230227_134655269_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_135903843_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_110528991.jpg

IMG_20230227_125717009.jpg

IMG_20230227_105747366_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_110153640.jpg

IMG_20230227_115513966_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_120412727.jpg

IMG_20230227_115824400_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230227_115621756.jpg

IMG_20230227_182827068.jpg

IMG_20230227_184231565.jpg

IMG_20230227_190027577.jpg

Lovely photos Nancy.

Graham.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Happy Tuesday and thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa and F&B ladies as well as all the others who make  this a special place. 

While heavy snows are just north of us today in Maryland looks like a pretty nice day as last night's rains have left and it should be around 50 by the time I leave for the Podiatrist. 

Been to Christchurch a couple of times but primarily to the Antarctic Center.  I know @JazzyV posted pictures of the place last time that would be very much like mine.

Roy

• Like 26

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday the weather forecast was wrong.  They told us Sunday night that they didn't think yesterday's snowfall would amount to much.  Well, it came in and quickly dumped 6 inches of the fluffy stuff.  Visibility was near 0.  I got up and went to the early exercise class yesterday so I would be home when the storm hit and I was very glad I did.  I was snug and warm and inside with no need to go out. 

I was up at 1:00 am as well.   I tried to get back to sleep, but at 2:00 am was still wide awake.  I knew I just needed to relax a bit and settle down my back, so some Aspercreme helped do that and I was able to get back to sleep.  Maybe I was excited because.......

Today they are finally delivering the additional 4 chairs for our new dining table.  They've only been on order since October.  I am excited!   The table will look so much better with the chairs all matching.  Now, I just have to get Chris out here to install the light fixture.  

Today's meal would have been super good last night while hunkered down in front of the fireplace.  This first recipe not only looks good, but one serving only has 17.6 g of carbohydrate.  Even I could have that.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/cheesy-tortellini-and-sausage-bake/

tortelliniandsausagebake1.thumb.jpg.45c163e8b795b83a3dcccc0532149318.jpg

It is hard to resist that cheesy goodness.   

This next recipe has twice the calories and twice the carbs, but I'm sure it is worth it.  It tops the tortellini and sausage mixture with ricotta, so it is similar to a lasagna.   https://balancewithjess.com/tortellini-and-sausage-bake/

tortelliniandsausagebake2.thumb.jpg.e6bb55f597078c150873311e80136df7.jpg

This recipe is simple and incredibly easy.  You can whip this up quickly for dinner on a busy day.  https://thissillygirlskitchen.com/italian-sausage-tortellini-bake/

tortelliniandsausagebake3.thumb.jpg.c103bfd4ec10dad75df4b3b139954fe3.jpg

Carbs make this next one a no no for me, but it sure sounds good and it adds in some spinach so you do get a vegetable.   https://www.chewoutloud.com/20-minute-skillet-tuscan-tortellini/

tortelliniandsausagebake4.thumb.jpg.62edb9061557663428b033989fbc93b4.jpg

You can make this vegetarian by leaving out the sausage and filling it up with vegetables. I hope one of these appeals.  

Warm thoughts, virtual hugs, and healing energy sent to those who need it.  Cheers to those who are celebrating.  I know I am!   My chairs are coming!   Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 7

Quick post- if we were in Florida we would be having dinner at the Columbia restaurant, either in Tampa, the original one or at sand key in Clearwater. It was our favourite restaurant and we have had our anniversary dinner there for many years, last in feb 2020. Tonight I will make a leg  of lamb roast, gravy, German dumplings, parsnips and carrots and a green salad to celebrate 53 years. Our friends who are usually in Clearwater with us will join us at our table and they are bringing dessert. Have a great day everyone. I just can’t stay away from this thread!

5DC22614-8064-4501-967E-6BABAC9F9C8E.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, superoma said:

Quick post- if we were in Florida we would be having dinner at the Columbia restaurant, either in Tampa, the original one or at sand key in Clearwater. It was our favourite restaurant and we have had our anniversary dinner there for many years, last in feb 2020. Tonight I will make a leg  of lamb roast, gravy, German dumplings, parsnips and carrots and a green salad to celebrate 53 years. Our friends who are usually in Clearwater with us will join us at our table and they are bringing dessert. Have a great day everyone. I just can’t stay away from this thread!

5DC22614-8064-4501-967E-6BABAC9F9C8E.jpeg

7cdcffcb63097ea3e9f629bf99578a0b.jpg.ba8ba2349325ad2c38126218d8b762bb.jpg

• Like 25

No problem sleeping here. Just woke up and enjoying my first cup of coffee and reading the Daily. Watching weather report last night and we had around 16 days in February that had record high temperatures. Maybe another one today as we are already at seventy degrees Fahrenheit.

At some point I need to take some time out from  my tremendously busy schedule to get a haircut. If I could just wean myself off from perusing Cruise Critic I could possibly find some time.

Tomorrow is my annual optometry appointment and I have no clue why I scheduled it on what will be my birthday? We have two large Maine lobsters ordered which will be my celebration dinner. I do think tomorrow’s optometry appointment will show it’s time for cataracts to be removed. 
Thanks for all the reports and post. Have a great day.

Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.25dda4bef157d17e6ef707d65325be12.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c23cf1de3abc4d399a21f2e3b432da1c.jpegimage.jpeg.31d7c778b8436cd933e3227363c2ae6b.jpegimage.jpeg.637b2add7318716d330371358b4dbbd4.jpegimage.jpeg.e9fc6e50b916569bfe3a75972b984532.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.34fd9e261de9117ea9c50cdc0dc40688.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Haha 20

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good to me, thank you @dfish.  Of course I wouldn’t mind chili for lunch or dinner.  The snow started to fall expecting three to five inches, at the moment it’s very light. The weather was good enough to stay home and work. Yesterday morning the work emails were coming in at about 100 an hour, I barely kept my head above water.  So far this morning is much calmer.

Mona had me awake at 11:30 looking for some attention. Around 4:15 she started head butting me to get up and serve breakfast.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.thumb.png.0aadb06899fac22b7d3ab1712ae59432.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning to all.

Well, add me to the restless sleepers club.  i kept waking up last night.  Don’t know why, but I’m dead tired this morning.  Maybe I’ll have to sleep in public if I go out.

I do not eat chili.  My tummy would revolt.  I do like flower arrangements, but not good at designing it. But if I receive one, it makes me very happy.

Thank you Sandi @StLouisCruisersfor the Daily and the Fleet Report.

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyVfor the Cares and Celebration List

Thank you to Ann, Dixie and Debbie for keeping us nourished and libated.

i have not been to the port.

I think I will pass on all three in the Food and Beverage category today.  Lately my tummy is not in good shape and anything that looks spicy or contains tomatoes is off limits for me.  As for the wine, it is a bit above my budget.

Just as an aside, while I don’t usually sleep in public, DH is a champ at that.  When we lived in New York and took the subway to work every day, he would sleep both ways.  In the morning he always got a seat because he got on at the first stop.  However coming home, it was not a sure thing.  He could be found holding on to the strap and sleeping standing up.  He can still sleep anywhere, anytime and in any position, God Bless him.  I should be so lucky.

I, on the other hand, had different hours and usually took the commenter train (LIRR) and always got a seat.  Had the same friends and we were a congenial bunch that chit chatted both ways.  No time for sleeping.

Now for the events of the day.  Still no word on the bathroom.  Aw shucks!  Another day of waiting.

However, I did get a message on my phone from FedEx that my package will be delivered today between 11 am and 3 pm.  So at least I will get the new TV stand.

Prayers for all on the cares list.  And Cheers for those celebrating.  

@superoma Happy Anniversary.

@StLouisCruisers Hope your blood work is okay.

@smitty34877Hope Tana is doing okay.

Welcome to our newcomers @Safety Squirrel @cruising Katie and @Petunia1950

Hope you enjoy interacting with us.

Thank you to all who posted photos of our destination.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

God Bless,

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2