The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday May 10th, 2023

27 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Sandi & Rich, thank you for today’s R & D! Rich, I can not believe your grand adventure is nearing its end. I appreciate the thoughts you shared on your thread. 

Eva, thank you for capturing our cares & celebrations. I only hope Vanessa can enjoy this much deserved vacation a bit more. 

It is another lovely morning here, but the humidity is creeping up slowly but surely. I  have a mani-pedi this morning, then Bindi walks, HIIT and then dinner with one of the instructors at my former gym and her husband. It should be a fun reunion. 

@RedneckBob do you have a cousin Rich who lives on the East Coast of Florida?  He has his own restaurant. He is hosting a Mother’s Day celebration!

IMG_1286.jpeg.bc9ef71aeee4cbdf080a02f6e848c00c.jpeg

IMG_1281.jpeg.ea7cf0337124fabc14aa5c70b52db606.jpeg

IMG_1282.jpeg.f3283376df6761fca0119c20804b5dd1.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Get well & stay well everyone!

Chateau Ste. Michelle 2019 Chardonnay Ethos Reserve, Columbia Valley, Washington State

I used the 2019 vintage, since it should still be fairly easy to order. I find it interesting that the vintner is the only distributor of this wine that ships to me. I am not sure if our Washington Dailyites can find it for less at home, but it might be worth looking for it. The tasting notes aren’t really descriptive. So it might be oaky. The vintner offers it online for $40.00.

Winemaker fact sheet

COLUMBIA VALLEY
2019 Ethos Reserve Chardonnay
VINTAGE NOTES
• Winter temperatures were average preceding the 2019 growing season, resulting in little to no vine damage, and bud break occurred normally.
• The abundance of snow in February provided ample soil moisture. Warm spring temperatures created excellent conditions for canopy growth and early fruit development.
• Summertime temperatures were mild with very few periods of excessive heat, followed by cooler fall temperatures, ideal for developing beautiful fruit flavors and aromas.
VINEYARD NOTES
• Columbia Valley vineyards lie in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains and receive just 6-8 inches of rainfall annually.
• Warm, sunny days and cool evenings create ideal conditions for aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes.
• The grapes were sourced from 46% Lawrence Vineyards, 41% Canoe Ridge Estate and 13% Celilo Vineyard.
WINEMAKING NOTES
• The juice was fermented for three weeks in stainless steel.
• Cool fermentation with very fruit forward yeasts were carefully monitored to preserve the crisp fruit characteristics.
• Aged sur lie for 10 months in 45% new oak, 35% 1-year old oak and 20% neutral oak.
TASTING NOTES
“This wine is a labor of love that requires months of tasting hundreds of individual barrels of Chardonnay. Fermented with 100% natural, uninoculated yeast and aged 10 months in French oak, Ethos is crafted in an elegant style designed to entice your sense and captivate your spirit.” -

Oh no, y’all are getting close! Please don’t ask Inspector Bubba Holmes to complete the search.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

Good morning to all,

While today is clean your room day, for us it is clean the outside of your house day.  It will be power washed this morning and look shiny and bright.  That way the Architectural Control Committee will have no problem with us.  All houses in the community must be done by May 31 or you will be fined.

We don’t have a business, small or big, and I do appreciate School Nurses, even though we do not have children.

We have been to the port and have stayed in Malaga on our driving trips through Spain.

The meal sounds good, but we may go out tonight for a change.

Prayers for all on the Cares List and Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

The weather is a bit cooler today.  Yesterday it was in the 90s.  Too hot to do the work that we had to do outside.

Today I will tackle other stuff inside while our house is cleaned on the outside.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers, Debbie @dfish, Eva @superoma, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for keeping this thread going.  

@richwmn your cruise is coming to an end.  Hope you had a great time and it was everything you wanted it to be.

Have a great day everyone and God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26

Good morning,  I got up and cleaning up the house was in my plan so I match one of the Daily notables.    It is beautiful outside but only 50 degrees but getting into the high 70s.  Everything for prep for the cabin has stepped it up a bit because the couple we are hiring to open the cabin is going in this weekend in their UTV.   If the road isn't flooded we should be good to leave next Tuesday.    It is always nice to get up there before the mosquito hatch so we can get everything in the cabin free and clear.  

Sandi thank you for filling in for Rich while he enjoyed his world cruise.   As long as he has been gone, they left FLL the same day we did for GSA, it would be too long for our life as it is right now.   Thanks to @summer slope, @cat shepard and @dfish for today's edibles.  I will take the wine but pass on the other two.   Thanks @superoma for keeping out care and celebrations reports.   Prayers for all on our care list and the people of Ukraine.   Just a short break in the Bon Voyages.  

I was in Malaga in September 2018 on the Koningsdam.  As usual if horse events were offered I did the HA shorex that took us to another small city to ride Andalusian horses and then a wonderful snack of beautiful tomatoes and bread.  

riding in Malaga Nancy.jpg

riding in spain.jpg

Malaga.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We fly into Malaga regularly and stay about 10 minutes drive from the port at Benalmadena at our favourite hotel Vincci Aleysa.

IMG_20220216_120239.jpg

IMG_20220213_111717.jpg

IMG_20220216_120232.jpg

IMG_20220218_073909.jpg

First 2 photos are views from our balcony at Vincci Aleysa Benalmadena near Malaga.

3rd photo the head waiter set up a dinner table on the patio of our Sarah's room.

Screenshot_20230510_132128.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_132036.jpg

Screenshot_20230510_132100.jpg

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

We have people coming over to give us an estimate on painting the house.  This may encourage us to get up on a ladder and do it ourselves.  Last night's t-ball game was a lot of fun.  Samson is as cute as they make them.  He is only 4.  The rules of the game are that everyone bats and everyone runs the bases.  It is fun to watch them in the outfield as they are doing everything except watching the ball - picking grass and dandelions, collecting gravel, playing in the dirt.  You know, the things 4  year old do.  Our realtor was a coach for the other team and it was nice to see him again.  

Yesterday afternoon we spent outdoors with the neighbors.  He is a landscaper and is doing the lawn care for us this summer - all except mowing.  Sue insists that she can do that.  They both said they were so happy when we moved in.  There is a no man's land between the properties and he was afraid to touch it because of the previous owner.  There is also a tree house that is unsafe.  We were going to take it down, but Scott said he'd have his crew do it.  I bet it will come down in the next couple of days.  Apparently he's wanted it gone for quite some time. 

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, I sure don't want to disappoint, so here are directions for making your own tortellini from scratch:  https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/256980/spinach-and-ricotta-tortellini/

spinachtortellini4.thumb.jpg.7cf6aae3ac73694f5d9324bcac084a8c.jpg

There is a video you can watch.  

For today's meal I was going to go easy on everyone.  The recipes all call for cheese tortellini and you can get that in the frozen food section of the grocery store.  The spinach is in the sauce.  https://www.budgetbytes.com/spinach-tortellini-skillet/

spinachtortellini1.thumb.jpg.2b20aaf794230dd03227b3cc3bc6d772.jpg

Here is another tomato and spinach tortellini recipe:  https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/creamy-tomato-spinach-tortellini/

spinachtortellini2.thumb.jpg.34dd2ebee8e26c05517f83fa2be7d1d0.jpg

And this one is spinach and mushroom for those of us who like fungus.  https://www.saltandlavender.com/creamy-tortellini-with-spinach-and-mushrooms/

spinachtortellini3.thumb.jpg.d204d27f651e6c29269fa0ac45da204e.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Good Morning to All!!

Thank you @kazu Jacqui for the best wishes on School Nurses Day!  When I took my first school nurse job in 2016 (after I came back to live in the States after 10 years abroad), I thought it would be a piece of cake.  Heck, I was a trauma ER nurse and hospital administrator - how hard could it be?  Boy, was I wrong!

One of my schools is giving me lunch and they gave me a gift basket - I forgot to take a pic.  Will do that when I go there today.  

Love the food!  And the recipe for making homemade tortellini!!  Going to have to try it.

Well, off to get ready for work - 11 more working days (taking Friday off to use up some sick time I have left).  It is getting real!!

Have a nice day everyone!!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

It was because of a school nurse that I got glasses before my nearsightedness became so acute that I couldn't see anything. I wouldn't mind spinach tortellini but you can keep the latest pseudotini. The wine would be OK. Malaga is in my itinerary for the fall.

Executive committee meeting last night and this time they asked me to stay while they discussed the (so far unsuccessful) search for someone to succeed me. The posting cover too many unrelated duties and wants full-time work for a half-time salary.

ccccat.thumb.jpg.cff4eb66b40310a38acb44ac0b32b242.jpg

• Like 22
  • Haha 5

Happy hump day.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Dixie, Debbie, and Ann.  I should clean my room, and salute school nurses and small business.  My brother served on a nuclear submarine (Haddo) a few years after Triton's epic voyage.  I've been to Malaga at least a couple of times, Celebrity Solstice in 2012 and Prinsendam in 2017.  I'm having trouble relating to the Barr quote.  It's a chilly morning but may be the last one until foll.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Sweedish Pork Medallions with Apple Mushroom Compote and Lemon Tart with Blueberry Ice Cream as served at my Mariners Brunch on 2019 MS Nieuw Statendam transatlantic:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.64c6fb81215b787890ff3

Roy

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Happy Wednesday!  Today is my Reading Buddy day, only 1 more left before school is done for the year!  Yay for school nurse day, and I love to support local, small businesses.  @NickelpennyOur neighbor worked in the health room at our local middle school, she can tell you lots of stories!  Lots of "sick" kiddos who didn't want to take tests or have gym class!  She also was in charge of epi pens, blood sugar testing and insulin dosing. 

The recipe today sounds good, we're having left over lasagna. 

I found a new World cruise blog to read yesterday, sounds like she and her daughter had a wonderful time.  She has a very positive attitude about life!  It was great to "see" the world through her eyes.  I'll never see those places except through others.  

The weather will be nice here again, 2 days in a row! I'm heading to Aldi to check out their flower baskets today, they always have nice ones that do very well, most of the time thy do better than the expensive ones.  

Have a great day, Blessings to all who need them, and cheers to the rest.  karen

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, ktbraun said:

@NickelpennyOur neighbor worked in the health room at our local middle school, she can tell you lots of stories!  Lots of "sick" kiddos who didn't want to take tests or have gym class!  She also was in charge of epi pens, blood sugar testing and insulin dosing. 

Oh, the stories I could tell!!!  🙂 

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'll be cleaning most of the rooms in the house today, as there seems to be dust everywhere.  Once we open the windows in spring, we regularly get dust on every surface.  I salute all small businesses and try to utilize them whenever we can.  A big shout out to School Nurses, although here they are a thing of the past.  Now the only time they appear is when there are vaccinations due.

It's a beautiful, clear day out there again and no wind, yay!  We're expecting warm temperatures all week which will mean if we buy more plants, we can (fingers crossed) put them safely in the pots outdoors, rather than hosting them on the dining room table.  

We've been to the port of Malaga twice - the last time we took a wonderful tapas tour arranged by @kazu which was led by Laura, a wonderful guide.  We enjoyed several stops along the way and saw some of the more unusual places that you wouldn't find on your own.  Great memories of that trip with some really sweet people.

We'll be supporting a small business today, as we're having some guys come to clean out the gutters.  DH said he hopes they don't charge too much, but I told him whatever they charge, it isn't going to be as much as a hospital bill if he falls from a ladder.  We don't have to pay for hospital stays, but you know what I mean.  

Time to get going - I'm going to pass on today's menu suggestion, just too much dough in tortellini.  I've got a couple of chicken breasts thawing that will be pounded, breaded and baked in the air fryer and will be made into chicken Caesar salads to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a wet central Texas.  It has stopped raining for now, but more is predicted this morning.  Right now, tomorrow is supposed to be rain free, but I'll believe it when the day is over without rain,  Then it is supposed to rain every day until next Thursday.  I do like the fact we don't have to turn on the sprinkler system, but there are some things I need to do outside before it gets too hot.  It is currently 68F with a predicted high of 75F.  I hope the rain holds off for the next three hours since I have to go to our regional hospital about 22 miles away for my yearly mammogram.

Since I cleaned all the rooms Monday, I was a couple of days ahead of one of the days.  We try to support our local nursery and we are supporting the local donut shot.   We try to support small businesses, but there are very few in our little town.  I also support and honor school nurses like @Nickelpenny and @smitty34877 Terry's Tana.

The quote is interesting.

Our youngest makes homemade spinach tortellini using a spinach and ricotta filling.  It was my job to fill and shape the tortellini, so some of them tasted better than they looked.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We have been in Malaga several times on Prinsendam and Veendam.  The 2017 Prinsendam cruise was the one Roy @rafinmd was on, but I don't think we met on that cruise.  Little did we know we'd meet on the Daily.

@aliaschief  Bruce, it sounds like you have a busy summer planned.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, @richwmn Rich, @0106 Tina, @grapau27 Graham for your pictures from Malaga.

@richwmn  Rich, thanks for the explanation of today's quote.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad Tana is feeling better and could manage a short walk with the walker.  I admire her fighting spirit especially under her difficult circumstances.  Maybe it comes from being a school nurse.

@kazu  Jacqui, I think we might have the same guardian angel.  😉

@Denise T  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR SISTER, KAREN!  

@JazzyV  Vanessa, the lunch looks good.  I hope your knees and legs are getting better.

342973562_6093490777437029_2496079149035268997_n.thumb.jpg.2744e94ada4eaddff710bf945d0c4f59.jpg

343303414_938834293999183_8973031157686138436_n.jpg.77ea6ca181c83505e10521251a2867e6.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 9

We have been to Malaga three times. In 2016 and 2017, we were on the Prinsendam, and in 2019, the Veendam stopped there on her way to Boston.

On our first visit, we took the Ho-Ho with a stop at the Castle of Gibralfaro.

DSC07193.thumb.JPG.a54fb3812ae7447e1db852f4f2277b29.JPG

DSC07195.thumb.JPG.9d1c6b80923b97514960e3980fd88bd5.JPG

The Elegant Explorer from the fortress

DSC07199.thumb.JPG.3d544559f4d8fa343900e8f8ded5dac6.JPG

On our other two visits, we took the shuttle from the ship to town and walked around.  This is the view from the shuttle drop-off.

DSC02675.thumb.JPG.6f7d39410bb76ded35ad78ec3948ee69.JPG

We visited Picasso museum and birth place.  Evidently we weren't allowed to take pictures in the latter.  The outside of the museum and the central courtyard.

DSC02679.thumb.JPG.0569eab291364b74ec38c8582c97aef4.JPG

DSC02680.thumb.JPG.a22911117efabe2c3d8bf07eca56c6da.JPG

The Roman Theater and the Alcazaba from street level

DSC02699.thumb.JPG.5fa1ea02fcced96d4b8d417d1488e6fa.JPG

DSC02700.thumb.JPG.dba91415213c0ac2ff43edf804d16c24.JPG

In 2019, we found the elevator which took us to the top of the Alcazaba

DSC08218.thumb.JPG.bb98845933ce20c655c78378aaf525dd.JPG

DSC08221.thumb.JPG.51cd910060bbee56b8fec706ef0ff75b.JPG

DSC08210.thumb.JPG.279b0536710f52af0b209362d1623b20.JPG

Malaga from the Alcazaba

DSC08216.thumb.JPG.a5835f404dcf8ae30069acd0dc0fe6bb.JPG

A nice beach

DSC07191.thumb.JPG.ca11264a1e888ac59fb7ca13bf8f1437.JPG

After our Ho-Ho tour in 2016, we walked around town.  We were there during Fashion Week, but did not see any of the shows.  Different sections of the seats were reserved for various designers, some of who's names I recognized.
DSC07224.thumb.JPG.f6da7e94244dd2291206566698ae50bc.JPG

DSC07225.thumb.JPG.ec9bdcb170a0ec293f7dfe519037b49e.JPG

In 2017 and 2019, there were festivals in town, along with band concerts and more informal performances.

DSC08185.thumb.JPG.a4266d1d91e675a47d23317ed21dc79d.JPG

DSC02710.thumb.JPG.c1203da0db986cb5dee4179920b54d0b.JPG

DSC08227.thumb.JPG.1f857557b6a301a27d95cf1aa15b082a.JPG

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Good morning all!

Up early and will leave for SeaTac in a couple hours.  It will be a long-ish day.  After arriving in Bozeman we'll get a rental car for the week, stop in Livingston for groceries (we like to get places with full kitchens) and then should arrive in Gardiner outside of Yellowstone by late afternoon.  This has been our routine every time we go to Yellowstone. 

Will check in (w/photos) as often as I can -- meanwhile prayers for all on the care list and a big cheer for all who are celebrating!

• Like 25

50 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been in Malaga several times on Prinsendam and Veendam.  The 2017 Prinsendam cruise was the one Roy @rafinmd was on, but I don't think we met on that cruise.  Little did we know we'd meet on the Daily.

The November transatlantic from Rome?

Roy

• Like 3

Thank you Sandi, thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Eva, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work. And thank you everyone for being here!

Stay Safe!

- Jack

• Like 21

5 hours ago, richwmn said:

this was posted in the first drink thread and I thought everyone here would enjoy it.

@Copper10-8

Thanks for the repost.

I tried to edit my original but was lat le to the party, so I'll toss it out here...

Long Island Iced Tea, "I have so much booze. You'll never believe this drink."

Weng Weng, "Hold my beer... because that's the only thing that isn't in me."

• Like 8
  • Haha 10

Good morning.  I made it to the hospital and back without incident.  It started raining again just as I left the driveway, and has slowed to a light rain now that I'm back home.  So far today, we've received .58 inch of rain.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Up early and will leave for SeaTac in a couple hours.  It will be a long-ish day.  After arriving in Bozeman we'll get a rental car for the week, stop in Livingston for groceries (we like to get places with full kitchens) and then should arrive in Gardiner outside of Yellowstone by late afternoon.  This has been our routine every time we go to Yellowstone. 

Will check in (w/photos) as often as I can -- meanwhile prayers for all on the care list and a big cheer for all who are celebrating!

Carolyn, have a safe flight today, and a safe drive to Gardiner.  The drive from Livingston to Gardiner is very scenic, especially along the Yellowstone River.  I'm looking forward to seeing any pictures when you have time to post.

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The November transatlantic from Rome?

Roy

Yes.  Actually, we boarded Prinsendam on August 4, and were on for 106 days.

6 hours ago, Mtn2Sea said:

We were last in Málaga a little over a month ago while on the Zuiderdam.  Instead of staying in the beautiful city of Málaga, we took the ship’s excursion to Cordoba, a city that was originally established by the Romans.  The highlight of the tour was the mosque that was the largest mosque in the world a thousand years ago.  When the Muslims were overthrown, the Catholic Church, instead of destroying the mosque as originally proposed, built a cathedral within the mosque.  As a result, the building reflects both religions.

D9F993FC-5B35-4DB8-A11A-D664874AA127.thumb.jpeg.5ac04a90accf32e39df1fb0edb29c2a4.jpeg

3D8CC2B6-B83E-47CE-9D1C-D9D1D9B15A01.thumb.jpeg.beacb1e87ecbf9496d4bd00d0287b8e3.jpeg

376913FC-FF9B-4448-B40B-1B6DF82B7DB9.thumb.jpeg.76f1919e47eb92c0237f9457c95308eb.jpeg

90622E8E-5B15-44E1-A277-755419279435.thumb.jpeg.28b32d3bf39cd96b23f2f1d34c00ba80.jpeg

319FF439-D277-467C-B02B-8AF4C3E83D26.thumb.jpeg.96635ff473617c72b2bf308ff5dfe966.jpeg

6E6059D5-682B-4023-AB0F-B96F1562845A.thumb.jpeg.86897c658b4a9e2ad755019a9a5288d7.jpeg

D97428C6-6239-4F49-9709-303AC7F6A301.thumb.jpeg.7025aae46fe83df04dbaf6769d492fc7.jpeg

F2B4D9F8-8246-42E7-B366-7AB503F9D2E2.thumb.jpeg.83111247dae050f7249830ab05d4fc2f.jpeg

3BA81749-A030-4212-8E88-6A7823DCCCD8.thumb.jpeg.dd5627b69c647153b572649f05e70cdc.jpeg

I didn't mean to slight you earlier.  I enjoyed your pictures from Cordoba.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Happy hump day.  Thank you Rich, Sandi, Eva, Dixie, Debbie, and Ann.  I should clean my room, and salute school nurses and small business.  My brother served on a nuclear submarine (Haddo) a few years after Triton's epic voyage.  I've been to Malaga at least a couple of times, Celebrity Solstice in 2012 and Prinsendam in 2017.  I'm having trouble relating to the Barr quote.  It's a chilly morning but may be the last one until foll.  I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Sweedish Pork Medallions with Apple Mushroom Compote and Lemon Tart with Blueberry Ice Cream as served at my Mariners Brunch on 2019 MS Nieuw Statendam transatlantic:

Capture1.thumb.JPG.64c6fb81215b787890ff3

Roy

You had much nicer menus for the Mariner's Brunch.   They must know you're onboard when they plan them.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Some year I will try to get Sue to come with me and meet  you there. 

We were very lucky to have full time school nurses at the high school I worked at.  I think that was mainly because of the multiply handicapped units we had as some of those kids were very fragile.  What was really nice is that they were always very willing to check out staff who had a question.  Joan was more than happy to check my BP for me when I was having problems getting it under control.  

I just finished making the marinade for the chicken for this week's Farkle Party.  We are having Colonel Cinder's Blackened Beauties.   Dad always burned the chicken.  He did well with other things.

ColonelCinders.jpg.0794a3d2a940da8a2999b19d40753d6c.jpg

Edited by dfish
  • Like 18

6 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I received an email from my POC for my 2 pm meeting.  He woke up sick and cancelled.  I’ll hang out at the hotel here as long as I can, get lunch and then head to Ogdensburg.  At least this means I’ll have time to go to an Amish store along the way.

So you’re trip was a waste?  OMG.  so sorry.  Safe travels home.

6 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

I’ll be renouncing work soon and will be traveling to today’s port..Thanks for sharing all of the pictures.  

Woo hoo!  Safe travels and Bon Voyage 🙂 

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Very safe travels to you.  Have a lovely vacation and enjoy Yellowstone 🙂 

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

We'll be supporting a small business today, as we're having some guys come to clean out the gutters.  DH said he hopes they don't charge too much, but I told him whatever they charge, it isn't going to be as much as a hospital bill if he falls from a ladder.  We don't have to pay for hospital stays, but you know what I mean.  

I know exactly what you mean.  And you’re absolutely right.  You can’t put a price on your DH’s safety 👍 

6 hours ago, Denise T said:

I want to wish my sister Karent a very happy birthday as we prepare to sail off in just 18 days. 

A very happy birthday to your sister, Karen 🎂 

• Like 15

Good Afternoon, I made it to Ogdensburg and six miles from the hotel my phone welcomed me to Canada.  @kazu I have three other planned hospitals to visit.  I’m heading home Friday.  It would have been nice to stay home another day.  

The St Lawrence River.
image.thumb.png.35dac295b2ad38a4e76e394d05a4bff3.png

• Like 22

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been to Malaga three times. In 2016 and 2017, we were on the Prinsendam, and in 2019, the Veendam stopped there on her way to Boston.

On our first visit, we took the Ho-Ho with a stop at the Castle of Gibralfaro.

DSC07193.thumb.JPG.a54fb3812ae7447e1db852f4f2277b29.JPG

DSC07195.thumb.JPG.9d1c6b80923b97514960e3980fd88bd5.JPG

The Elegant Explorer from the fortress

DSC07199.thumb.JPG.3d544559f4d8fa343900e8f8ded5dac6.JPG

On our other two visits, we took the shuttle from the ship to town and walked around.  This is the view from the shuttle drop-off.

DSC02675.thumb.JPG.6f7d39410bb76ded35ad78ec3948ee69.JPG

We visited Picasso museum and birth place.  Evidently we weren't allowed to take pictures in the latter.  The outside of the museum and the central courtyard.

DSC02679.thumb.JPG.0569eab291364b74ec38c8582c97aef4.JPG

DSC02680.thumb.JPG.a22911117efabe2c3d8bf07eca56c6da.JPG

The Roman Theater and the Alcazaba from street level

DSC02699.thumb.JPG.5fa1ea02fcced96d4b8d417d1488e6fa.JPG

DSC02700.thumb.JPG.dba91415213c0ac2ff43edf804d16c24.JPG

In 2019, we found the elevator which took us to the top of the Alcazaba

DSC08218.thumb.JPG.bb98845933ce20c655c78378aaf525dd.JPG

DSC08221.thumb.JPG.51cd910060bbee56b8fec706ef0ff75b.JPG

DSC08210.thumb.JPG.279b0536710f52af0b209362d1623b20.JPG

Malaga from the Alcazaba

DSC08216.thumb.JPG.a5835f404dcf8ae30069acd0dc0fe6bb.JPG

A nice beach

DSC07191.thumb.JPG.ca11264a1e888ac59fb7ca13bf8f1437.JPG

After our Ho-Ho tour in 2016, we walked around town.  We were there during Fashion Week, but did not see any of the shows.  Different sections of the seats were reserved for various designers, some of who's names I recognized.
DSC07224.thumb.JPG.f6da7e94244dd2291206566698ae50bc.JPG

DSC07225.thumb.JPG.ec9bdcb170a0ec293f7dfe519037b49e.JPG

In 2017 and 2019, there were festivals in town, along with band concerts and more informal performances.

DSC08185.thumb.JPG.a4266d1d91e675a47d23317ed21dc79d.JPG

DSC02710.thumb.JPG.c1203da0db986cb5dee4179920b54d0b.JPG

DSC08227.thumb.JPG.1f857557b6a301a27d95cf1aa15b082a.JPG

Lenda

Excellent photos Lenda.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1