The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday June 2nd, 2023

richwmn

15 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all, 💔 Ninja will make a final trip to his beloved vet this afternoon at 2:00. He will join his brothers Socks, Jaguar and sisters Charmer and Fluff. I can’t believe we are losing 2 of them a week apart. 🐾💔

So sorry to hear this.  So hard to lose our beloved pets.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Morning all, 💔 Ninja will make a final trip to his beloved vet this afternoon at 2:00. He will join his brothers Socks, Jaguar and sisters Charmer and Fluff. I can’t believe we are losing 2 of them a week apart. 🐾💔

So sorry to hear this.  I knew he was having problems but no idea it was so close to this.

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone and happy Friday!  While I like rocky road I think I’d prefer @1ANGELCAT’s donut day.  I really do love my dentist, probably the best one I’ve ever had.  Today is also DH’s last day of work at Harvard and will be officially retired at the end of the day, congratulations David!  The quote is often true unfortunately.  The meal suggestion sounds tasty but it’s going to be pizza night here.  I might try the drink though.  I haven’t been to today’s port. Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating something special today! 🍺

Happy retirement to your DH.

enjoy-your-retirement-happy-retirement.gif

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

@Crazy For Cats Mint has some relationship to catnip.  After my Delilah went nuts over a sealed container of mint flavored dental floss I looked it up.  I now keep even the unopened and sealed dental floss locked up.  Since the floss was in the cardboard and plastic bubble container I had purchased it in I wasn’t worried about it as a cat hazard.  

Enjoy your tea even if you have to share.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I'm so sorry to hear Ninja is going to meet Fluff.

Graham xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I'm so sorry.  Hugs to you and to Ninja.

• Like 13

Gonna be hot today!  The outdoor pool opened but I might go to the indoor pool for hip exercises, it’ll be less crowded. 

It’s hard to pass up a donut!  And I enjoy ordering polenta in the HAL MDR but wouldn’t make it at home. Chianti was a favorite!  Not anymore since I react to most wines now, especially reds. 

Had a very good annual wellness check up with my doctor yesterday. Need to get scheduled for the periodic screenings that it’s time for. Getting another COVID booster today, hoping it doesn’t make us feel ill but better than a serious bout of COVID, the mild cases are bad enough. 

@Nickelpenny, blessings for safe travels. I know some of those roads pretty well, lots of wide open country with its own beauty!  My kids went to college in Las Cruces, DH and I worked in Carlsbad for a while. Glad you missed the storms!  And enjoy that donut! Thanks for keeping us posted!  

@Mr. Boston Congratualions to you both on David’s retirement!  New beginnings. 

@Heartgrove What an exciting plan!  

@Cruzin Terri Glad you slept better. Sorry for how the new plan costs so much more but such a relief that it will work out. 
@marshhawk Thanks for the pix!  I know you can’t help worrying about Fawn but you were her refuge when she needed you! You gave her much needed love!  Now Rest, rest, rest!  F1 weekend is happening, just curl up with it!  It does take time but you will get there!  
@aliaschief tapas tonight!  Sounds excellent! Love Barcelona!  
@kazu I can’t imagine how different every part of life is for you. You will feel a new sense of achievement when your garden brings forth the beautiful love you are giving it. Enough for both of you!

Yay on rains coming to the Maritimes. May everyone impacted by the fires stay safe! 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope. 
And cheers to all celebrating, you remind us that Life is Good! 

Smooth travels to all away!

May everyone get well, stay well and safe!  Maureen 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@MrSnuffleupagus  This is what kind of bird you will see every where in Alaska.

image.thumb.jpeg.64f946881ac39666b569d0c5024998fe.jpeg

Nice photo of eagles but eagles may not be so nice.

A year ago while in Juneau a tour guide told us a story about eagles. A friend told her that he had climbed this tree in the woods to lookout for bears and while climbing ran into an old eagles nest. In the eagles nest he counted 14 dog collars.

This is reason no one in Juneau lets their dog loose. 

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 7

22 minutes ago, arzz said:

@Crazy For Cats Mint has some relationship to catnip.  After my Delilah went nuts over a sealed container of mint flavored dental floss I looked it up.  I now keep even the unopened and sealed dental floss locked up.  Since the floss was in the cardboard and plastic bubble container I had purchased it in I wasn’t worried about it as a cat hazard.  

Enjoy your tea even if you have to share.

Thanks, I didn’t realize the relationship to catnip.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I am so sorry.... that is really hard so close together.

Susan

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I'm so sorry to hear that Ninja is ready to cross over the Rainbow Bridge, so soon after Fluff.  Hugs to you.

43 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Note:  I had to edit out all the emojis from my post today. CC said I was using unacceptable symbols. A first for me. Ever happen to others?  

That's a new one about editing emojis.  Last week I was told I should remove the highlighted text, and they highlighted every bit of text in the post!  I just think the amount of photos in the post was the problem and rectified that.🤪

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I have no sunrise for June 2 but I'm doing a sunset for June 1 from my 2015 Prinsendam Kiel Canal cruise.  It was 9:45PM local time when it was taken so it was by then June 2 at my house:

dusk0601.jpg

Roy

• Like 25

Good morning. It was really brisk when the dogs and I walked out this morning.... 38F!!! Right now the clouds are moving in. We did wind up with some showers yesterday. The long term forecast for June is more precip than usual with temps below normal. June is usually our driest month so this is going to be interesting.

Yesterday was sort of a lost day as far as downsizing was concerned. I spent about 3 hours at the college looking at old collections and much to my surprise I was able to help them clear up some issues which really should not have been issues. I just had to explain some of the paper work. Hope that clears up everything for them Then it was on to the shelter to sign checks since they still have not gotten me off of the checking accounts. I went over again what they have to do..... hopefully they get it cleared this week.

I am starting to look at the various tours for the GA as they come up but they are slow being posted. Have signed up for a couple of private tours which I hope I will be able to take. As I am culling though my closets I am realizing how few cruise clothes I now have. Durango is really a jeans and t-shirt town.  And i am having trouble with comfortable shoes.

Of to haul trash out to the dumpster and put some items in the recycle bin for pickup today. Will out on the town tonight..... a trip out to the Bar D for a chuck wagon BBQ and entertainment. Have not been out there a few years and it was always fun in past so I have high hopes.

Susan

• Like 19

While working on my latest Shutterfly photo book project, I'm going through photos from my first full day of quarantine last June on Island Princess.  DH was going to Medical to have a second Covid test at 9 a.m. to see if his negative had turned to positive.  But first he was able to take numerous photos of the ship arriving in Haugesund, Norway from the balcony and I had never seen those photos before!!  I was on the other side of the ship looking through a tender boat's windows trying to see something in my obstructed oceanview cabin at that same moment in time.  WOW!  It looked so pretty!  I wish he had tested negative that day so he could go ashore but I'm just feeling lucky right now that I got some nice photos of Haugesund after all.  Just not up close and personal!🌄

• Like 18

2 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I am sending (((((hugs))))).  Nothing I say will make you feel better. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

Another sunny day here, but it's staying a bit cool at mid 60's.  Not complaining though, I prefer that over mid 80's. 

I don't know any Bubbas, but one of DH's relatives in GA has a store called "Bubba's".  Rocky Road was my dear Dad's favorite ice cream.  I always think of him when I hear of it.  I like my dentist, but wouldn't go so far as loving him.  The quote can be true sometimes.  Will pass on the meal (no polenta OR mushrooms for me LOL), and pass on the red wine.  Would try the drink.  We'll be in Exmouth on the Grand Australia.  After reading Charlene's @cunnorlpost, I think it would be a good port to book a tour.  

Today is my sister's birthday and also our youngest grandson's 8th birthday.  She loves that he was born on her birthday. 

The family will be having dinner out together tonight for DGS's birthday like we did 2 weeks ago for his older brother's birthday.  DH and I will make our stop at Total Wine on the way south, the wine rack is showing too many empty spots. 😉  

Congratulations to David on his retirement @Mr. Boston!

Welcome to the Daily @LuauQueen!

Vanessa @JazzyV That was smart to think of filling those water pitchers last night.

@Nickelpenny Safe travels.

@1ANGELCAT I'm so very sorry to hear that Ninja will be crossing the Rainbow Bridge -- and so soon after your sweet Fluff.  (((hugs)))

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

😢💔🙏

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! I’m late, so for many of you it’s already afternoon. I love polenta, and in fact that was planned for today’s menu anyway. Once you can’t eat anything with gluten in it, it’s amazing how much better the alternate carbs start tasting.

Yesterday was a travel day, and were now on the island for a week or so. The tent caterpillars here are bad, but not horrible. I’m glad I got the nests pruned out of our apple trees - they seem to have escaped damage so far.

Today has turned into our goof off and take it easy day. One string of commitments has ended, and the next hasn’t started yet. The new hammock chair in the shade is scheduled for a good workout!

@dfish I’m glad to hear the surgery went well and you’re feeling better.

@1ANGELCAT I’m so sorry Ninja is crossing the Rainbow Bridge today. Losing two fur babies so close together is heartbreaking.

Now that we’ve made final payment on our Alaska cruise, we’re looking at excursions. We normally go to Alaska early or late season. Reading another thread, it occurred me that cruising in August will not only be crowded on the ship, but also we’ll be facing multiple large ships in most ports and the towns will be swarming like ant hills. And of course it costs more than shoulder season to start with. Since we’re cruising with family, the timing wasn’t our pick. I need to turn my head around and concentrate on the positives of going to Alaska in prime tourist and mosquito season instead of the negatives!

For starters, whatever else, I’ll be aboard a BHB for a week, regardless of anything else! Happy Friday, everyone! 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

I am so sorry to hear this news, especially on the heels of losing Fluff. (((Hugs)))

Nothing to report after my appointment this AM. I was going to do errands after, but I have a package coming that requires a signature, and my walking was hard today due to knee pain. I think maybe the yardwork was a bit much. If the package comes before 4, I may run to Aldi's for a few things, putting off the big box store until Sunday. I went out on the porch when I got home, and the workers yelled that they were done and the water was back on. Now the big hole in the street is being filled in.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and thanks all!  My dentist is great, he’s Croatian so has helped me with cruise tour suggestions.  
@LuauQueen welcome, I love caves, DH not so much, lol!  
@Nickelpenny enjoy and let us know!
@1ANGELCAT I am just SO sorry to hear that! 
@Mr. Bostoncongratulations to your DH, David! 
@marshhawk great photos, so beautiful out there,  hope you both feel better soon! 
@kazuglad Ivan is enjoying his toys, sounds like he’s in heaven.  We met a lovely German shepherd that is being fostered, so tempting! 

We had a little one born at the zoo

image.thumb.jpeg.02a53c709a4acde2843a8e37f80f2396.jpeg

I will gladly celebrate Hawaiian donuts, which are actually Portuguese Malasadas! Lillikoi glazed! 

image.thumb.png.ee92198bef4881105ca12a615beeff28.png

IMG_2649.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2