No A/C in cabin on Caribbean Princess…help

MarcsSharon

My family is currently on Caribbean Princess and has no air conditioning in  their mini suite. He is getting ZERO satisfaction from front desk. An suggestions on how to escalate this so they get some comfort?

• Like 1

Saddest part is..this cruise is their 2nd..the first being on the broken Crown last summer in Alaska. He got back 50% of fare and used it for this trip. Needless to say…never again on Princess.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarcsSharon said:

My family is currently on Caribbean Princess and has no air conditioning in  their mini suite. He is getting ZERO satisfaction from front desk. An suggestions on how to escalate this so they get some comfort?

Have they escalated to the Hotel Director?

Call ext 5000 and ask for help also.  Can they bring fans in the cabin until it can be fixed?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Chain of command:

Report to Room Steward

Request to speak to the Housekeeping Supervisor

Crew Chat

Customer Service Desk to request to speak to General Hotel Manager

Agreed. Usually the room Stewart can put a work order in with a technician who could come out and check. But I would also ask either them or get services about portable fans which they usually have in situations like this. I mean it also doesn't hurt to ask if there's any other available cabins that they can move you to due to the discomfort of the cabin temperature. And if that becomes no help then definitely request to talk to the hotel general manager which hopefully they can help resolve this.

• Like 2

It's been an issue for weeks.  My stepson and Father-In-Law were on in April and it was an issue then.  There are people complaining about it on Twitter.  If they could fix it, they would have by now.  I'm getting on on Saturday and not looking forward to sleeping in a hot cabin.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

Saddest part is..this cruise is their 2nd..the first being on the broken Crown last summer in Alaska. He got back 50% of fare and used it for this trip. Needless to say…never again on Princess.

Unfortunately, these kind and other issues can happen on any cruise line.

We have been very fortunate.

Worse problems we have seen is sewage backing up into the cabin...

I think the best bet is to ask for some fans

Take your blanket and pillows and if you can pull your mattress down to guest services and sleep there for a few nights.    I think it might light a fire.   And yes we did read on CC that someone did that very thing.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

If you're willing to share, what cabin are you in? I'm booked on the Caribbean with my younger daughter and her family in April next year.  Thanks

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Chain of command:

Report to Room Steward

Request to speak to the Housekeeping Supervisor

Crew Chat

Customer Service Desk to request to speak to General Hotel Manager

I have never really cared about the chain of command. I give Princess Cruises one chance to fix an issue. And if they don't, I skip all the middle steps and go straight to the Hotel Director, who is the officer everyone on the Hotel side reports to. Would never allow an issue to go on for four days, that just doesn't work.

But I'm very proactive and do not take no for an answer, so I find it easy to get to the Hotel Director.  Once he had no idea about the problem because the lower level staff did not want to tell him. But they must have been surprised that he had an email from me detailing the issue. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

The same thing happened to us on the CB in 2018 and after numerous tries to fix it, couldn't. After 3 days they finally gave us another cabin. Between that and a terrible buffet we now avoid the CB at all costs, especially when a Royal class ship is available. 

Keep trying. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, MarcsSharon said:

An suggestions on how to escalate this so they get some comfort?

Yep, I'd go find the captain.  One thing I can't do is not have air in my room.  We had that happen once on the Caribbean Princess.  They sent a tech down and he fiddled with it, and we eventually pulled the vent off from the ceiling.  Air was somehow getting obstructed, but with the vent off, it was better.  Not great, but better.  We left it off the rest of the cruise.

I had one other cruise where the air wasn't right.  I would just go to passenger services and stand there till they send someone with you to go look at it.  I can not tolerate not having A/C in my cabin. 

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Is the patio door completely closed.  AC doesn’t come on if the patio door is open   

Or the balcony door of a nearby cabin.  I understand this is the most frequent reason why AC shuts down: one's own balcony door not being locked tight, or likewise that of a neighboring cabin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The same thing happened to us on the CB in 2018 and after numerous tries to fix it, couldn't. After 3 days they finally gave us another cabin. Between that and a terrible buffet we now avoid the CB at all costs, especially when a Royal class ship is available. 

Keep trying. 

This happened to us several years ago on the CB, and they never fixed it no matter how far up the chain we went.  For this and the numerous plumbing problems on our aft section of Baja deck we would never sail on her again. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Don't just sit back and take this!  Keep calling various people until somebody gets some action going!

Keep in mind that some people on vacation don’t want to spend all their time and energy fighting and fighting…

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Guest ldtr
1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

Or the balcony door of a nearby cabin.  I understand this is the most frequent reason why AC shuts down: one's own balcony door not being locked tight, or likewise that of a neighboring cabin.

It is more that the ac works pumping air into a cabin, there is a unit in the ceiling that controls the mix of cold air. it does create a slightly pressure positive situation in the cabin. If one of more cabins on the same ducting leave their balcony doors open then more are goes to the lower pressure cabins and less to the higher pressure cabins that have their doors closed. 

Edited by ldtr

Take your bedding and sleep in front of the Guest Services Desk. I’m seen that done and it worked (by midnight), after three days of trying to escalate did not. Or stand next to the Guest Services Desk and refuse to move until the HGM meets with you. I’ve seen that done, too, and it also worked. In fact, the HGM was personally walked to witness the situation first hand. He had not even been aware of it until then. 

• Like 3

No, I had obstructed window room on emerald deck and ac wasn’t perfect .

Usually was ok but there were times at time room got warm and stuffy . I didn’t mention this in my review as I didn’t spend much time in the room , plus I have experienced it so often on other cruise ships of different brands that I shrug it off as typical.