The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday August 25th, 2023

richwmn

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic photos Sandi.

Thank you very much Graham.  🙂

34 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Another HOT day in Atlanta.  I had to get up early as I have an appointment with the endocrinologist today.  And no, DH is not going with me.  He is icing his eyes every 20 minutes.  And even though he has not turned off the alarm (i've been up for more than an hour) he is in no rush to actually get up, and I won't take him out in this heat.  The dr's office is back to no visitors.  But they are not back to masking yet, which worries me.  DH and I wear our masks all the time now.  Well, except for the cruise in May, I have been wearing my mask everywhere.  (and remember i got covid on that cruise).

It is an F1 weekend, and I will be able to watch events that are shown during the morning hours, but for today and tomorrow I start work in the afternoon.  

I sped read yesterday's daily to catch up.  

@smitty34877 I do understand about your DH not wanting to be on chemo.  I would ask the dr's if there are other options of treatment for the type of cancer he has.  I know that DH said that he wished he could just die when he was on the chemo. (he should have been a drama student though) and I have watched both my mother and a dear friend suffer through chemo, when they knew their cancer was terminal anyway.  My mom got off the chemo, realized no one lives forever and made the best of her time, the friend spent the next year of his life in and out of the hospital.  And I highly recommend seeing a therapist.  I know that sounds strange, but when you are ill, there is a lot of anger, that you cant just take out on loved ones, and if the cancer is fightable, and beatable then the ill one needs to figure out how to get that "will" back.  (that's why i took DH  on a lot of cruises) That is why his doc is telling him to travel as much as possible.  To do as much as he can.  To find joy.

Joy changes attitude.  And I am sending a wish from my heart for strength and mental peace.

7e23647e688c2203275a5d682a504fdc.jpg

ec8487d6636b06fa7c366ed97357251d.jpg

Annie, best of luck to you at your appointment today.  I'm sorry to hear how much pain Chuck is in and hope for an improvement in his health soon.  You take great care of him and I bet he appreciates it tremendously.  Prayers for you both!🙏

27 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@marshhawk, Annie, thank you so much for your positive thoughts, prayers and wishes. I had tears in my eyes just reading what the two of you have learned through hard experience. My DH can be dramatic also(who knew?) and much of the last few weeks has been just so frustrating for him. I agree about seeing a therapist. Perhaps we can get a group rate….

Terry, I have essentially the same message for you as I did Annie.  Better days for your DH Lou, strength for you, and blessings to your whole family.🙏

7 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - respectfully requesting to be added to the Care List (or where ever is appropriate) - after 8 long weeks waiting for an appointment, I have evaluation today to establish pre-surgery (torn muscles/tendons/ligaments) treatment plan for frozen shoulder. Surgeon says the surgery is required, but can't be done until the shoulder has full range of motion.

Determined to do whatever it takes to not miss upcoming cruises in Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec. Oh my, I have a busy year end...

I'm sorry to hear of your painful shoulder problem.  Good luck with your doctor visit and I hope you are set up for surgery ASAP.  Happy cruising!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. It is raining heavily here and all of the usual areas are flooded already. Our house is perched halfway up a very steep  hill and I am watching rivers of water go down the street and driveway. The cars parked on the opposite side of the street will have to be moved soon as a lake is forming.

@0106, Tina, I join the chorus and thank you for the daily recipes. I think I will try the last one either today or tomorrow as I also have a lot of zucchini.

I will salute all of the days and wish I had seen more of our National Parks while traveling was easier. I used to share a banana split with my dear oldest brother. There were two places in town that had “ soda fountains” when we were growing up.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Good sunny and very humid morning. It’s 71 currently with 95% humidity, had rain during the night. Tomorrow is supposed to be 87 then cooler on Sunday.

A banana split sounds good, not sure what is on the menu today. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 26

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  Kiss and make up is a great way to end a dispute.  I haven’t had a banana split in years, maybe I should end that dry spell today?  Hats off to the National Park Service founders we are grateful for their efforts.  The meal suggestion sounds very good but I’ll pass on the drink.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on the prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 27

51 minutes ago, cat shepard said:
1 hour ago, 0106 said:

I’ve enjoyed finding recipes for the meal of the day for the past month but tomorrow, I will turn the reins back over to Debbie.  

Tina, thank you for speaking such great care of the food department!

I should know better than to post before coffee!  

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

Good Friday morning to All!  Thanks for the daily and fleet report.  No kissing for me, never liked banana splits but National Park Service personnel rock!!  LOL on JK's quip, yes on the meal and drink, not so much on the wine.  Never been to Taiwan and Galileo - he just opened up the universe with his inventions.

Had a fantastic day yesterday.  I really like high schoolers.  Was asked to go watch Auto for 2nd period and walked in while a teacher was covering 1st period.  Oh boy!!  Out of control class and I was a little worried.  2nd came in and I gave my 'hi, here are my expectations and keep the noise down' speech and they were very pleasant.  Then it was computer science and yearbook.  Great kids; the school has a rep for being a little "rough".  Going back today.  I am really, really liking this.

Heard yesterday I didn't qualify for the knee study; I guess I will make an appt with my ortho guy.  He did my rotator cuff and bicep tendon surgery 4 years ago.  Or I may wait until I have my yearly with my PCP as he is a sports med doc (was a football player at UofWashington in college).

Thoughts for all those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 27

Good morning, everyone!

Thank you so much to @0106 Tina for the spectacular job on the Meal of the Day.  I sure hope I am up to doing half as well with it tomorrow.  I have appreciated the extra couple of days to get acclimated and awake.  Yesterday was a long day as I had a short night before.  Last night I slept like a rock!  

I have a lunch with former classmates on the agenda today and then need to go weed the gardens again.  It rained all day yesterday, so it should be easy pulling on the weeds.  

@marshhawk Annie, sending healing thoughts for Chuck @catmando.  I hope he is feeling better very soon.

@smitty34877 More healing thoughts for Lou.  And warm fuzzies for you as you hold it all together.  

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  Another HOT day in Atlanta.  I had to get up early as I have an appointment with the endocrinologist today. 

Best wishes for your appointment today.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

And no, DH is not going with me.  He is icing his eyes every 20 minutes.  And even though he has not turned off the alarm (i've been up for more than an hour) he is in no rush to actually get up, and I won't take him out in this heat. 

Poor guy.  I hope he is feeling better soon.

that’s a very good suggestion regarding therapy.  It’s tough being a caregiver and going through all of this with you loved one.  A lot don’t realize the toll it takes.

1 hour ago, smitty34877 said:

My DH can be dramatic also(who knew?) and much of the last few weeks has been just so frustrating for him.

I have come to the conclusion that many men get dramatic when they are not well, sadly.  

47 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - respectfully requesting to be added to the Care List (or where ever is appropriate) - after 8 long weeks waiting for an appointment, I have evaluation today to establish pre-surgery (torn muscles/tendons/ligaments) treatment plan for frozen shoulder. Surgeon says the surgery is required, but can't be done until the shoulder has full range of motion.

Determined to do whatever it takes to not miss upcoming cruises in Sept, Oct, Nov & Dec. Oh my, I have a busy year end...

Best wishes for your surgery.  I hope you can gain the range of motion and the surgery with good timing for your plans 🤞 

34 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Good morning. It is raining heavily here and all of the usual areas are flooded already. Our house is perched halfway up a very steep  hill and I am watching rivers of water go down the street and driveway. The cars parked on the opposite side of the street will have to be moved soon as a lake is forming.

So glad you are on the hill and safe from the flooding.  Hills can be a curse but also a blessing.

13 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Had a fantastic day yesterday.  I really like high schoolers.  Was asked to go watch Auto for 2nd period and walked in while a teacher was covering 1st period.  Oh boy!!  Out of control class and I was a little worried.  2nd came in and I gave my 'hi, here are my expectations and keep the noise down' speech and they were very pleasant.  Then it was computer science and yearbook.  Great kids; the school has a rep for being a little "rough".  Going back today.  I am really, really liking this.

It sounds like you have found your calling 👍  Well done!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  We rarely argue, so don't need to kiss and make up, and neither of us has had a banana split in years.  I have fond memories of camping in Glacier National Park several years in a row when our son was young, and am grateful for those who thought parks were important enough to save for future generations.

It's another cool, grey morning out there for us, but I don't think there's rain in the forecast.  I saw on the news last night the torrential downpour that happened in parts of Ontario - flash flooding, etc - yikes!  Sad to hear of the loss of life of the truck driver due to a sink hole opening up.  

@0106 Tina, I'm adding my voice to those thanking you for the stellar job you did providing us with menu ideas while @dfish was enjoying her holiday.  Greatly appreciated.  

Welcome home @dfish and @StLouisCruisers, glad you had a great time!

@kazu in reference to yesterday's mention of the sauce on the shrimp cocktail, I'd honestly forgotten about it, but remember asking our waiter if he had more, as I'd like to have it poured all over me.  Now I'm going to be searching for a recipe for a white sauce like it!!

@marshhawksorry Chuck's in so much pain, but hope it's short-lived and that the icing gives some relief along with pain killers.  Good luck with your endocrinologist appt today.

@Haljo1935welcome to the Daily; we're a friendly group here, and yes, I'll certainly add you to my prayer list for your medical appointment today.

@kazu I hope Franklin doesn't bring too much rain and damage your way!

I had some good news yesterday - a week ago I took the Canadian version of the Cologuard test for colorectal cancer, and got a letter in the mail which read : Normal Result Notification.  Yay!!!  Always a relief to get that information, even if that's likely the only thing normal about me.  LOL

Yesterday DH and I drove across town to a store that had full pork loins on sale for $1.99 per pound and picked up 3 of them - heavy things they are!  Brought them home, cut them up and vacuum sealed 52 thick cut pork chops and 8 small roasts; not bad for a $50 investment, considering what you pay for a tray of chops alone.

A busy day today - I've got a hair cut this morning; I've been telling people I'm rocking this shaggy dog look because my groomer was on holidays.  Then at 12:30, DH has his eye appointment, and we had a call yesterday telling us that our replacement front door (the original was dented) is available and will be installed late this afternoon.

I think I'd like to try the drink of the day, will take a pass on the wine, and have had lasagna roll-ups; they're delicious.  It's Friday night pizza night here, though, so after the door is installed, I'll head over to a place nearby and pick up a pizza for us to enjoy on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations!

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Happy Friday!  It’s a rainy day here in Maryland, and warm too. I’m looking forward to cooler days traveling north soon. 

@0106 Tina, I’ve enjoyed your slant on the recipes. Many thanks for stepping in!  I’ll pass on the roll ups, I find pan lasagna easier and less messy. 

@cruzn single Mary Kay, glad to hear from you and that your adjustment is going well. I am having a broad spectrum of emotions about our decision but mostly good. It’s exciting, a relief, I’m grateful, but also nervous. The big hurdle was moving out of the mountain home we built in NM, and the deep community ties. But when I was grieving about severing from our history, DH said, We’ll make new history! And so we have, and will again. The timing is out of our control this time, it’s whenever they have a unit open up that we’ll like, one with a view!  Happy for you to have a cruise coming up that you’ll share with cruise buddies!  You give me hope!  

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, that photo of tge Golden Waterfalls is stunning!  Not likely I’ll get to see it, thank you for sharing this and all your adventures. 

@kochleffelPaul, I loved Oostersam. It’s been a long time but I thought she was quite elegant. 

@kazu Jacqui, you’ve done an amazing job with Ivan, and he’s obviously happy to be with you. 

@marshhawk Annie, good luck with your appointment today. And we too wear masks everywhere. Hoping we don’t catch this new strain on our Sept cruise!  But living life is essential. Hoping Chuck feels better soon. 

@Sharon in AZ, it’s a privilege to support loved ones through their end of life. Great that your aunt had such a warm reaction to your mom’s presence. Heartwarming. 

@Cruzin Terri, finally a date for the floors!  I think of the danger of warped floors and hope you don’t trip. 

@smitty34877 Terry, we’re all hoping Lou can be more comfortable. All through our lives we have to make decisions on what’s best for us. He’ll have his positive benefits to steer towards and hopefully with one path out of the way, there’ll be room for new options will present themselves. 

Today is pool exercises for hips. I really need it!  And yesterday I made inquires for kayaking in Saguenay, maybe I’ll hear more today, it sounded hopeful. Tried kayaking here last weekend but was so disappointed that the lake  is having an algae bloom so no water contact!  Well we can’t get in or out of a kayak with getting wet. So that was a bust. 

Blessings to all the Care List, and all the Dailyites, and all in need of healing, comfort or hope near and far. And @Haljo1935!  

Cheers for all the celebrations that remind us that Life is Good!  

Smooth travels for all away especially our cruising friends. 

Thank you all for being here. Maureen

Adding:  Yay for National Parks!  We’ve enjoyed so very many in the US, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Found it so strange and sad that England doesn’t really have National Parks like we know them, but we enjoyed the Crown Lands set aside. And maybe Graham can enlighten me on that (between such luscious meals, oh my, roast beef with Yorkshire pudding!). m—

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 5

Good morning from a sunny and warming central Texas.  It wasn't too bad when I took my walk a little while ago, but we are heading to a high of 107F according to the daily forecast, but the hourly says the thing will be 105F.  There's really not that much difference.  It is 84F and feels like 87F.  It was about 82F when I took my walk.  There is no wind to speak of and the humidity is 53% with a dew point of 65F.

Kissing and making up is nice, but it's better not to have to make up.  I don't remember the last time I had a banana split, but DH had them on our Coral Princess cruise in 2018.  They're on the kids menu, but our server made them for him often.  I salute the founders in all nations that have national parks.

An interesting quote from J. K. Rowling.

I have a recipe for lasagna roll-ups that I've never tried.  It's too not to use the oven.  Tonight it will fried chicken cooked in the air fryer.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine.

We were in Keelung on our 2018 Coral Princess Circle the Northern Pacific cruise.

Galileo opened the skies to mankind. He also invented the forerunner to the thermometer in 1600.

@0106  Tina, thanks for the great work with the recipes while Debbie @dfish was cruising.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry you did not get a good night's sleep.  Thanks for  you pictures.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, I'm glad you are safe after all that rain.  I'm sorry the truck driver lost his life because of a sinkhole.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope you get a good report from the endocrinologist today.  I also hope Chuck @catmando is feeling better soon.  The ice packs should help with the swelling.

@cat shepard  Ann I'm glad you enjoyed the exhibit yesterday.  It was not what I was expecting you would see.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope your rain holds off and that it is not as bad as predicted.  You trained Ivan very well.

@Haljo1935  I hope you can get the surgery soon, and that it and the recovery do not interfere with your cruising plans.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm glad you are safe with all the heavy rains, and I hope there is not any flooding.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, I'm glad you are enjoying subbing at the high school.  I'm sorry you were not accepted for the knee study.

@dfish  Debbie, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep.  Good luck with the weeding.

@HAL4NOW  Thanks for the pictures, Tony.

369189792_620321756907448_5200407943259402283_n.jpg.8d9c6fd832be48b65ad4fc43eff07705.jpg

369195892_782472320340730_6120067721173246076_n.thumb.jpg.8af0e386ab38894b55093834cb1cb45c.jpg

369356022_847210590105056_942030789398488266_n.thumb.jpg.08fa552cb0ff9d9779256c5455cc2bd2.jpg

369854817_252296461054363_1714998752671918095_n.jpg.ba635f3f8fbd3315b4089236d1f562a4.jpg

369535214_701708348496358_5499018585745159454_n.thumb.jpg.e1c43c2302f3333869e86cee4d18c035.jpg

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 18

I found a few pictures from our day in Keelung and Taipei that I posted on February 1, 2022.  It was not the port of the day, but my post was in answer to another post that mentioned Taipei.

We visited Taipei in 2018, and were lucky to have a clear day.  The views from the Taipei 101 Tower were amazing.   When looking at the tower, it looks like it was built upside down.

This is a view from the tower.

DSC04777.thumb.JPG.41ba1b78e1e49794f69a2f1f1db65c8c.JPG

This is the ballast that helps lessen the swaying of the building in high winds. 

DSC04788.thumb.JPG.a1baf5cc53799a43f800005884776776.JPG

We took a taxi from Keelung into Taipei, then the train back.  From the train station we walked to the night market.  We find Chinese night markets very interesting. 

DSC04866.thumb.JPG.14641e58c7a9b81e6d5179a1d836fa60.JPG

DSC04867.thumb.JPG.d17df4c242a30456e2ed7cb7004e4454.JPG

These are a few that I posted in February 2021, before we had a port of the day.  

After we left the Taipei 101 Tower, we took the ho-ho.  We stopped at the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial.  There was a big gathering where the children could do different activities and have them checked off on a form.  To keep the parents there, at the end of the afternoon, there was a drawing where they gave away ten cars.

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial.  We did not go inside though.

DSC04837.thumb.JPG.1f4bf5eb76f9efac407f0ec17728efe1.JPG

The crowds

DSC04831.thumb.JPG.caf9ae936bd237fbc35d775daeaafe5d.JPG

DSC04832.thumb.JPG.a6b2f4e4ab9906e893c20f3872d4f75d.JPG

Lenda

• Like 27
  • Thanks 7

I have a few more pictures of Taipei . mostly.  Taipei, is a big, urban city with modern buildings, while Keelung is a more traditional town.

These first pictures are our arrival in Keelung.

DSC04763.thumb.JPG.7b63e1c9aa0d367e6ed8330f311df7df.JPG

DSC04764.thumb.JPG.390b3bc6924d9431a35ccf89034c1a3f.JPG

The greeting "committee"

DSC04766.thumb.JPG.ba0aae4109ba67c0c2e8ebc7d094f1a1.JPG

The harbor from the dock.

DSC04768.thumb.JPG.b550b7c2ad15f253a61f59d9a63a283a.JPG

At the bottom of Taipei 101, there is a huge, modern mall with many high end stores.

DSC04770.thumb.JPG.2a5563f55a748a0e38e77c40330e497e.JPG

The display in the elevator that tracks the progress to the observation deck.  DH videoed the display and said it took 37 seconds.

DSC04771.thumb.JPG.0cb632958c599714916dea1aa955de59.JPG

The area around Taipei 101including sculptures of sheep.

DSC04797.thumb.JPG.34c97e88338fb33c50d1cef7d0adf174.JPG

Looking up at Taipei 101 from the ground.  It was difficult to get a good picture from that angle.

DSC04799.thumb.JPG.e0bcc0003129adfd1340a4c5f0e9b948.JPG

One of the main streets in downtown Taipei as seen from the Ho-Ho.

DSC04802.thumb.JPG.0853558632d7f062566b56af3eef1678.JPG

The Chiang Kei-shek Memorial is set in a big area with open spaces and gardens.  Even with the city just outside it is a quiet, tranquil place.

DSC04837.thumb.JPG.b3fd5ed849df9d59995c336209a68fdc.JPG

DSC04841.thumb.JPG.aae6d4f7dfbeadf58b2166dc675e2a0d.JPG

DSC04844.thumb.JPG.54f2d66196c68d550f64ade685acb75f.JPG

The area around the train station as we headed back to Keelung

DSC04849.thumb.JPG.f72d812c0b6c86ae04efa86ea9a65a3f.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Here are a few pictures of Keelung when we got back from Taipei.  We walked from the train station to the night market and then back to the ship.  Asian night markets are always interesting. 

The street outside the train station.

DSC04852.thumb.JPG.231a7e098e9a0b2927d26647c336a865.JPG

There were food vendors even before we got to the night market.  We can't remember what the lady was making, but IIFC the filling was chocolate or vanilla, but don't hold me to that.

DSC04853.thumb.JPG.4050f6a777db47bd0c1ae598f0c13501.JPG

DSC04855.thumb.JPG.f7a83271a2ab468d84405792df267cb0.JPG

A store along the way

DSC04856.thumb.JPG.32e66686dfd5303faaa9eb5ba9e1bc49.JPG

A big intersection just before the night market area. 

DSC04862.thumb.JPG.7dc4e5aec052f7e92942547d4d2cba8a.JPG

DSC04865.thumb.JPG.a300144b703259d6c6215486febe7d11.JPG

The night market

DSC04866.thumb.JPG.74eeb998ce6f6a75e238a7d7b85b020a.JPG

One of many "restaurants" in the market.  We stopped at one and had a coke and fried vegetables, which we thought was safer.

DSC04867.thumb.JPG.3915eef31a155c34943fdbc5cfdeed6d.JPG

We came across this building on a side area of the night market.  When we went inside, it looked like some kind of temple or shrine.

DSC04868.thumb.JPG.a9d3601aca5ea9bc49bd3e74c8b402b4.JPG

DSC04869.thumb.JPG.24d8d731dada672c15370f67792c6116.JPG

You can find just about everything in the Keelung night market.

DSC04874.thumb.JPG.795ad14fcf673b59cac5cac39a643ebb.JPG

DSC04875.thumb.JPG.4e0dca5c2d22da14a80628b867db95dc.JPG

DSC04876.thumb.JPG.ce6bb859ebf9074d436524aa2b70576d.JPG

Keelung from the ship as we sailed to the next port.

DSC04880.thumb.JPG.50917152a801c90ca29c4baae3864b7c.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

I had the joy of visiting the Galileo museum in Florence Italy. There were exhibits outside, particularly sundials. But inside were his portable sundials!  I was fascinated. They were small, like a pocket watch, with a folding staff to make the shadow, and had a built-in compass!  I got scolded for trying to take a picture, no photos allowed!  But when I just tried searching online for these for a photo to post, I found that Amazon has a bunch of them for sale! Well not Galileo’s but interesting!  I guess what goes around comes around….  m—

• Like 26

28 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazu in reference to yesterday's mention of the sauce on the shrimp cocktail, I'd honestly forgotten about it, but remember asking our waiter if he had more, as I'd like to have it poured all over me.  Now I'm going to be searching for a recipe for a white sauce like it!!

I am fairly certain that it is Louie (Louis) sauce.  Here’s the first recipe that pops up https://flavorthemoments.com/homemade-no-mayo-louie-salad-dressing/

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Jacqui, I hope your rain holds off and that it is not as bad as predicted.  You trained Ivan very well.

25 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Jacqui, you’ve done an amazing job with Ivan, and he’s obviously happy to be with you. 

You are both very kind ♥️.  I’m not sure how much credit I deserve.  Ivan is so attached and loving he’s easy to train.  Must be the lab in him - not the poodle LOL 🙂  He is a very good dog, seriously.

Just now, 0106 said:

I am fairly certain that it is Louie (Louis) sauce.  Here’s the first recipe that pops up https://flavorthemoments.com/homemade-no-mayo-louie-salad-dressing/

Thanks Tina.  I’m off to take a look.  I liked it far more than the standard cocktail sauce.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good morning. A late start this morning. Currently 82 and will climb to 96 later today. Keeping an eye on the tropics as there is a system that has a 70% chance of developing and entering the Gulf. There is also another system that could cause problems for our friends living in the Maritimes. Tis the season.

Spent a week in Taipei many years ago and those photos are all on slides which I’m getting ready to toss. 
Received our renewed passports yesterday so that was a relief and will allow us to start applying for visas for our upcoming travels.

Thanks Rich for the start and thoughts and prayer for all who are experiencing some significant issues and decisions these days.

Have a great Friday and weekend. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c49c16a8a7cede5d8878d09bf3a7c8b3.jpegimage.jpeg.be0e9d07d18874c04742cff845a86639.jpegimage.jpeg.3585d11c8d9fb55299664cc5cf8da79e.jpegimage.jpeg.cdffd1d3c653f0198044f6f401fa22af.jpegimage.jpeg.3eefc94fc61aa5755b4b962301f50d59.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Haha 21

Hello everyone. We made it to Friday! Thank you for the daily and Fleet reports. 

It is a cloudy and humid day today and we are expecting thunderstorms. Fancy and the cats have the right idea, they are sleeping in. I will be working from home on a variety of work-related activities. 

Lasagna roll ups sound good. Watching cruise videos. Because of travel commitments in 2024, I was unable to schedule a cruise until 2025. I have a trip coming up in October 2023 to Colorado for a conference. I do miss traveling though. 

Thinking of all on the care list and @Haljo1935, praying that surgery goes well so you can get on those cruises. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Cat - Imgflip

• Like 29
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

A big welcome from the UK.

Did you get an exercise plan to establish a full range of movement in your shoulder? Sending you a prayer 🙏 for  a full recovery.

Graham.

• Like 17

Good morning to all.

I am happy to be back.  We had two days of no communication service.  It appears that the equipment in our house decided to die.  It was supposed to be replaced on Wednesday but did not happen until yesterday.  More things to aggravate me.  

Meanwhile, I finally heard from the floor guy.  He wanted to come on the exact day that i have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville.  How did i know that was going to happen!  Anyway, we settled on next Thursday, August 31.  I really hope he shows up this time.

Thank you Rich for the Daily, and to Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration list.  Tina, you did a wonderful job subbing for Debbie.  Three cheers!   Thank you also to Ann and Dixie on the Beverage front.

Today i will see if I can get a few things done in trying to clean out the garage.  I have been trying to do this by myself but it has been so hot that it is next to impossible.

There are just so many things to do and my arms and shoulders are not cooperating at this time.

Hopefully the doc will have some solutions when I see him on Tuesday.

I am late with a few things.

@smitty34877 You and your family are in my daily prayers.  I hope that somehow there is another treatment for Lou so that he can get past this hard time.  

@marshhawk I hope your DH is in less pain today.

@Denise T Congratulations on getting though your orals to get your thesis project approved.  All the best on that.  Also congrats on the blood sugar results.

@Haljo1935Welcome to our group.  You will be remembered in my prayers.  I hope you can have your surgery soon.  Please keep us informed on how you are doing.

I hope everyone is having a good day.  i hope you all are out of harms way with the brewing storms.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2