The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday November 3rd, 2023

richwmn

4 hours ago, kazu said:

thanks for our TGIF Daily, Rich.

and thanks to Vanessa, Ann, Debbie & Dixie.

I’ll happily celebrate Dominica’s Independence Day and offered more than a dollar to a friend yesterday (turned down).  I am sure lots will be celebrating Stout day.

I like the MacArthur quote.  Not sure about boiled fish but I will wait for Debbie’s recipes before I say no 😉 

IMG_1136.jpeg.3ff2dc0a58b22dc991d6d1fd34da5e50.jpeg

It’s a real TGIF for me, today.  No appointments - yippee!  I’m not used to running myself ragged 4 days in a row.  My house is calling for me to catch up 😂  Ivan will be in shock without a Kong today but I suspect he will be glad that Mum is home 😉 😂

IMG_1137.thumb.jpeg.fc6d76470cf391d29d25cab156db6e60.jpeg

I’m not sure where to start but I think 1st on the agenda will be gathering all of the winter coats for giving away to those who need them.  Jose really had some nice ones (big surprise).  I didn’t get it done last year - the clothes were about all I could handle & there’s no point in giving away winter stuff in spring or summer so hopefully they will help those that need them this year 🤞 

IMG_1189.jpeg.050f2831967f01090b56a0b7fd111342.jpeg

I hope it warms up - I’d like to tackle some of the hostas but I’m not freezing my tail off to do it!

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising 🥂 

IMG_1124.thumb.jpeg.011cd2e825f135d0feff87185ad4928e.jpeg

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone ! 

Now I am going to have that song with me all day.

• Like 7
  • Haha 11

Good morning. Sunny and chilly but the temperature will get up to low 60's. Not too bad. I slept sort of fitfully last night for some reason which is why I am running late this morning. Will pass on the spicy meal. Have been to Liverpool many times, mainly on land visits. Always fun. I love a good stout. 

Little going on here. @Cruzin Terri.... hope DH's knee is just banged and not broken. Glad he is getting it checked before you cruise. And my best wishes to everyone this morning. (My mind is still a bit groggy from sleep or lack thereof). Today is going to be a take care of odds and ends day before I start clearing again. Have two meetings tomorrow so it it gives a couple days to revive. Got the bill from the electrician and WOW!!! 

Off to meander through my day. The dogs are demanding a longer walk and it looks like a good day for it.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
typo
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Does it count as pier running if you’re on the last shuttle bus from the terminal to the ship? The group was @Vict0riann and Patrick,

Tony @sailingdutchy, and me. 

That we got back to the ship is the good news. The not-good news is that all remaining ports are being skipped. Apparently we’re going to Las Palmas and Tenerife instead.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Interesting collection of days: Dominican independence is worthy of recognition, not a stout fan but I'm sure those who are appreciate today, will not be giving anyone a dollar today - already gave HAL several as we lunched in PG today.😉

Pass on the meal, would try the drink and wine, not been to the port.

Sunset tonight as we travel between Sarande Albania and Split Croatia as seen from our balcony. 

20231103_174401.thumb.jpg.ccdcaceda152b29167d4710fd048d68a.jpg20231103_174408.thumb.jpg.a16f02e05b8ad225bfb58aa66d87588c.jpg20231103_174345.thumb.jpg.582f4e702f4cb46ab9c1c387fd550ee9.jpg

Prayers and positive thoughts for all. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

Does it count as pier running if you’re on the last shuttle bus from the terminal to the ship? The group was @Vict0riann and Patrick,

That we got back to the ship is the good news. The not-good news is that all remaining ports are being skipped. Apparently we’re going to Las Palmas and Tenerife instead.

What ports are you skipping and why are they being skipped?

• Like 14

I think Captainhas been on an extended tapas and wine tour, too!

but then again, our itinerary has completely changed!  Must be to avoid the big storm , or else we are on the wrong ship…

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 10
  • Haha 11

43 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Nope that’s not pier running.  Perfectly fine to be on the last tender / last shuttle (as long as you didn’t have to run to get it 😉)

43 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Oh no!  What a shame 😔. Nice enough stops but I don’t think they compare to your original ones. 😔 

• Like 15

I went down to the dining room to let them know we wouldn’t be there this evening and was told the changes in the itinerary are because of the weather.  Perhaps it was all announced and we didn’t know as we were so late back to the ship.  So I take it back what I said about the Captain!

so we lose Cádiz, Lisbon and Funchal , instead Las Palmas and Tenerife, on the 5th and 6th, Rich.

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll salute Dominican independence. Does paying my copay at the doctor's office count? I have occasionally had a stout beer. Nice quote. Pass on the meal (fish), maybe on the drink and yes to the wine. I've never been to Liverpool. 2 good days in history.

It's 56 and sunny now, the start of a few nice days. I don't know what to do with myself. I had the same almost 3 hours of sleep. After getting up I had the usual leg/back pain, but it didn't subside or wax and wane like it typically does. Driving hurts a lot, keeping my leg on the accelerator. I had my appointment with the Neurosurgery PA. I had to park a ways away, and it was agony walking to the office and just sitting there. So now I'm scheduled to get an MRI and lumbar spine x-rays. I'm increasing the Gabapentin again and ordered a muscle relaxant. I'll see the surgeon in mid-December. I'm to continue PT and working on losing some weight. I stopped in at PT to schedule and they felt sorry for me and put hot packs on my back and leg. I had planned to make a couple of other stops on the way home, but was just in too much pain. I finally got some relief sitting at my desk now.

@seagarsmoker Cool to be visiting Dominica on their independence day! Thanks for the photos.

@Heartgrove I hope you got your phones straightened out today.

@StLouisCruisers Great photos from Liverpool.

@grapau27 Thanks for the photos, and history of stout beer.

@superoma I'm glad the surgery went well.

@kazu Enjoy being at home; I await that this weekend.

@aliaschief It sounds like you've had a lovely time on this cruise. Very nice sail away photos.

@kochleffel I admire you trying to continue your course work while cruising. Nice photos. Sorry to hear of the missing ports.

@dfish Early Happy Birthday to River!

@ottahand7 Ouch! I hope you can get the tooth situation taken care of quickly.

@Quartzsite Cruiser Lovely photos of Liverpool.

@Cruising-along Thanks for sharing your photos.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 10

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Driving hurts a lot, keeping my leg on the accelerator. I had my appointment with the Neurosurgery PA. I had to park a ways away, and it was agony walking to the office and just sitting there.

I wish and pray 🙏🏻 your pain level decreases until Drs can fix your problem, @JazzyV   

• Like 19

Never too late so hear I am again.

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors.

Give someone a dollar day. My address is RNB,  7 Jack Daniels Road, Pumpkin Creek, Florida

I have a Dominica story to tell since it’s their Independence Day. We were on a tour in Dominica to the rain forest. We had been driving for about an hour and it was a brilliant sunny day. The tour guide stated that the island receives over 350 inches of rain of year. I then asked him if there was ever a drought on the island He replied, “During the last hour of our tour.” 😀

Further along the tour we stopped to see a special tree where extract is taken for let’s say helps encourage uplifting of certain things on a male. For some reason none of the men wanted to leave the tree any time soon! 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

Started making and delivering Christmas gifts today. I made greens (turnips,  mustard, and collard) ham hocks, and pork chops for our guy's whose wives can't stand the smell (lol) I had 2 spaghetti pots filled and delivered to 6 neighbors a little bit ago. I added a bottle of Trappey's peppers and a bag of cornbread mix.  You'd think I delivered a pot of gold!

@JazzyV darn it I wish you will start feeling better soon. 

Many thoughts to our dear friends here.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, aliaschief said:

The caviar is being served with iced cold vodka. The band is playing and the Captain is tooting. We on our way down the Hudson on a beautiful clear 49 degrees day.

Life is good.

image.thumb.jpeg.19bd8f48c31441c3b1ac280461624e50.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0e7012cf3db816760d704a854d2acf46.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.3aeb24a94aeacb8018d5eca892508b60.jpeg

DH liked the Chopin vodka best.  He appreciated getting to taste all varieties!  I preferred champagne of course!  Were the vodka bottles placed in the holes cut into a block of ice?

Our FedEx package arrived.  Finally.  They made the mistake of sending me an email asking for a review of the delivery.  Oh boy...

• Like 11
  • Haha 7

22 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@Heartgrove I hope you got your phones straightened out today.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating. 

The phones seem to be straightened out for the most part. Drove down to the phone center store and the old phones ARE STILL backing up photos! Now ithe "cloud" is attaching the original date that the photo was taken instead of the upload date so I am happy with that. A lesson to be learned is to not keep a phone five years without backing up. Some apps didn't transfer so arranging/rearranging that. Camera appears to be much sharper. One of the Utilities is a magnifying glass. That will be very handy in the future! Glad we did it!

• Like 24

Sorry about all the posts but I just remembered I wanted to ask Jacqui @kazu a question.  I don't have a dog (or cat) but you mention "Kong" while talking about Ivan.  Please clue me in!  🤷‍♀️

Also I wanted to mention that I'm sorry for all our Oosterdam cruisers (Paul @kochleffel, Ann and Pat @Vict0riann, Tony and Martha @sailingdutchy) having such an altered itinerary.  However the Canary Islands are beautiful and warm so you should all enjoy them regardless.  It's an excuse for another cruise booking.  Better run to see the FC Consultant pronto!

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sorry about all the posts but I just remembered I wanted to ask Jacqui @kazu a question.  I don't have a dog (or cat) but you mention "Kong" while talking about Ivan.  Please clue me in!  🤷‍♀️

this is a Kong.

IMG_1142.thumb.jpeg.f99fbcbfae762ff864d965ecbd322054.jpeg

It’s a very hard famous make that is virtually indestructible (dogs can chew on it and some do), can go in the dishwasher to sanitize (just pulled this one out, actually) and you can fill it with some treats that the dog has to work for to get.   The smaller hole keeps them from coming out.   It keeps them entertained for 5 minutes or so when you leave.  Theoretically, they are supposed to work for an hour but my dogs have always been  too smart and have always figured out how to get the stuff out in no time 😉 

But it’s a nice message for going out and “I will be back”.  All my dogs always got them when I went to work or out.  Peanut butter is idea in them as it has to be licked but Ivan doesn’t do peanut butter 🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

this is a Kong.

IMG_1142.thumb.jpeg.f99fbcbfae762ff864d965ecbd322054.jpeg

It’s a very hard famous make that is virtually indestructible (dogs can chew on it and some do), can go in the dishwasher to sanitize (just pulled this one out, actually) and you can fill it with some treats that the dog has to work for to get.   The smaller hole keeps them from coming out.   It keeps them entertained for 5 minutes or so when you leave.  Theoretically, they are supposed to work for an hour but my dogs have always been  too smart and have always figured out how to get the stuff out in no time 😉 

But it’s a nice message for going out and “I will be back”.  All my dogs always got them when I went to work or out.  Peanut butter is idea in them as it has to be licked but Ivan doesn’t do peanut butter 🤷‍♀️ 

Thank you so much!  I've never run into that item before and it seems like a good idea.  I had to chuckle when you said your dogs were too smart and figured out how to get their treat out faster.  Ivan has sure had a major change in his life and his demeanor since you took over as his Mom.  I'm glad it is working out so well!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Ivan has sure had a major change in his life and his demeanor since you took over as his Mom.  I'm glad it is working out so well!

Ivan is not the same dog that arrived here.  Everyone comments on it.  He’s out of pain, friskier,  mat free, healthier, happier and a real cuddle bunny with everyone.  He loves people.

Very similar to the change in little Fox when I rescued her.  it just took her longer as she had been abused and beaten badly but she was a new dog in no time and the neighbours commented on her metamorphisms just as they comment on Ivan’s.

• Like 20