Wednesday November 8th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is World Pianist Day, International Day of Radiology, and National Cappuccino Day

Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. - Grandma Moses

Meal Suggestion for today - Sticky Honey Garlic Meatballs
Drink of the Day - Jim And Ginger
Wine of the Day - 2021 José Hernández Angel’s reserve
Destination of the Day - Sarande, Albania

Today in History:
1701 William Penn presents Charter of Privileges, guaranteed religious freedom for the colony in Pennsylvania
1895 German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen produces and detects electromagnetic radiation in a wavelength range today known as X-rays or Röntgen rays

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

San Francisco, CA

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya eta 11-09

Nieuw Statendam

Sorrento, Italy 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11-15

Rotterdam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00

Volendam

Moorea Island, Society Islands French Polynesia 08:00 -

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Port Stanley, East Falkland Island eta 11-12

Zuiderdam

At Sea Destination Mahe Island Seychelles, Victoria eta 11-10

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Brisbane, Queensland Australia 08:00 - 18:00

Westerdam

At Sea Destination Hong Kong, China eta 11-11

1108World.thumb.png.976a2894f411c5f0e0f9c9c1bf99202e.png

• Like 24
  • Thanks 16

Good morning.  Thanks for the Hump Day Report.

We've got freezing rain in the forecast for this afternoon.  I hope it doesn't last long and that it doesn't cause any power outages.

A good collection of days.  I enjoy listening to some people play the piano.  Radiology is important in health care.  I like cappuccino.

True quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  I'll pass on the drink.  I hope the wine isn't expensive.

Prayers for everyone.

Have a wonderful day.

• Like 26

Good morning friends!  Temp here is 48 with a high of 80 and abundant sunshine again today.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  For those who drink cappuccinos, our pianists, and for our radiologists, a good day for you all.  I happened to read it is another important day of celebration day, STEM/STEAM Day, which encourages education that reinforces Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics skills. You can't go wrong with that!  Grandma Moses had a lot of common sense.  I like meatballs but sticky garlic ones?  No thanks to the drink and wine today.  A salute to William Penn and Wilhelm Roentgen for their contributions to  religious freedom and X-rays.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for the wonderful food and beverage reports every day.

Prayers for our Care list and for improving health for all.  Hoping for less pain for everyone.  Also prayers for those at war defending their countries, and for return of hostages.  Special prayers for my DB and friends Scott, Susan, Bob and Sandy.  Three cheers to those on the Celebration list and may all our cruisers have smooth seas and enjoy being pampered.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for taking such great care of the lists each day!

The port this morning is Sarande, Albania.  This was our port of the day once before on July 1, 2022.  I have not been there before so have no photos but you may, so here is the link to to the previous date in case you have some there to copy here for us.  I remember @sailingdutchy discussing Sarande but he is on a cruise I believe.

Have a great day everybody.  Stay safe and well.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is 8°C and raining here.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

I love coffee either cappuccino or Americano.

Radiology is so important.

A good piano player plays superb relaxing music.

A good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss and never been to today's port.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone they will help.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Screenshot_20231108_115607.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, weaning CPAP & TPN

Cruising-along’s DGS with a broken wrist, cast today

Cruzin Terri’s DH with swollen knee

Passing of StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DB Mark, from bile duct cancer

Recovery from Wildfires in Maui, Canadian/US wildfires

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

1Angelcat’s friend Bill placed on Hospice care (and his DW Lynda)

Cruising sister’s friend’s DH diagnosed with a rare disease

Tana’s pulmonary issues, recovering from pneumonia

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Welcome home Seagarsmoker!

Norseh2o spending a week in Barcelona

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy extubated, weaning CPAP & TPN!

SusieKIslandGirl in GA visiting her DS

StLouisCruiser’s friend Susan’s DH Scott going home soon 

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Heartgrove (Carnival Venezia Nov 9 to Nov 20,Eastern Caribbean)

3 days for GTVCruiser (Koningsdam Nov 11 to Nov 25, B2B, Mexican Riviera & Classic Pacific Thanksgiving Coastal)

4 days for Rafinmd (Rotterdam Nov 12 to Nov 24) Panama Canal Sunfarer

5 days for Norseh2o (Oceania Marina Nov 13 to Dec 3, B2B, Barcelona to Lisbon, Lisbon to Miami)

Haljo1935 (Nieuw Statendam to Nov 9, Adriatic Dream, celebrating 33rd anniversary onboard), LAFFNVEGAS (Koningsdam to Nov 11, Classic CA Coastal), Marshhawk (Carnival Pride to Nov 12, Rome to Rome +TA), Lady Hudson (Anthem of the Seas to Nov 12, Bahamas/Perfect Day), Sailingdutchy (Oosterdam Oct 20 to Nov 15, Ancient Empires & Spanish Farewell), Kochlöffel (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell), Vict0riann (Oosterdam to Nov 15, Spanish Farewell) and Lindaler (Volendam to Nov 22, Tales of the South Pacific)

• Like 20
  • Thanks 19

Thanks for our Hump Day Daily, Rich.

& thanks Vanessa, Ann, Dixie & Debbie.

Great collection of days.  Hurrah for all the pianists who bring us so much musical joy.  And thanks to radiology and what it can help find.  I just KNOW a lot of people enjoy a good cappuccino 😉 

IMG_1180.thumb.jpeg.6025a390ea63d2c895bcef358bb19777.jpeg

I think Grandma Moses hit the nail on the head with that quote.  Sarande, Albania is on our itinerary next year.  Can’t wait to explore this centuries old spot.

Miserable windy, cold, wet day yesterday here.  Worse than forecast.  Only a fool would be out in it - like this fool walking Ivan.  He was running to get back home.  No interest in a really long walk.  LOL.  The least I could do was take him since had his appointment and injection yesterday.

IMG_1181.jpeg.4653d8fc7c416c8826b516b27441ce15.jpeg

I finished my rough draft on the bursary story and Jose yesterday and sent it off and then we had our appointment to discuss the publicity and landing page for the website.  I was shocked when she told me that she loved what I had written and there was nothing to edit or change - just publish it.  Everything should be up and running very shortly 👍 And, I have to start funding it 😬 

IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.d986f84d341f99a7a75785fe5ae5d228.jpeg

Another cold one today - barely above freezing with a “feels like” below it.  Looks like I will be doomed to bite the bullet and work in cold temps outside or deal with rain.  ‘Sigh’

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health issues, worries & those that need them. 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating & cruising.  🥂 

IMG_1656.gif.ecfee86491e5ba19159ce5685fad7487.gif

Have a good Wednesday, everyone.

• Like 34
  • Haha 3

Good Wednesday morning. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.

Up early for bloodwork. 

Will be working at home today. Much cooler than yesterday but sun will be out. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.8255c0f5299a18c539e41b5f0c821d01.png

• Like 29

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Rich for the Daily and Fleet Report.

I like the days.  I love music—especially piano music.  I salute Mr. Roentgen for his invention of the -ray and how important it is in the medical world.  And who doesn’t like a good cappuccino?

I like Grandma Moses’ quote.

I think I will pass on the meal.  While I like meatballs, garlic and honey do not sound compatible to this Italian girl.

The drink sounds good and I will wait to see what the wine is all about.

I have not been to Albania.,

Yesterday’s jaunt to the Toyota dealer proved to be expensive.  It seems that the battery failed while they were working on the car and I had to buy a new one.  Also needed to have the brake fluid replaced.  That was $425 I wasn’t planning on spending yesterday.  However, since we are planning to drive to Miami next week, it is better to have the battery fail now than when we are on our trip.

Thank you to Vanessa, for the cares list.  I hope you are feeling better and everyday gets a bit better.

Prayers for all on the Cares List and Cheers to all on the Celebration List.

Jim’s knee remains swollen due to the bursitis.  It is causing the ankle to swell as well and causing pain.  We return to the Orthopedic Urgent care on Friday.  He will have finished the meds by then.  The doc said that if the swelling is not resolved then they will drain the knee. I hope that doesn’t have to happen.  We will see.

That’s all I have for today.

Will check back later.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another lovely morning in the neighborhood. This early morning sun is blinding, but so beautiful. Last night at the beach was perfect!

Vanessa, I was thrilled to read that you had a bit of improvement! I pray it continues. Thank you for keeping up with all of us. 

Pedicure, Bindi walks, HIIT and chores. Should keep me busy. 

IMG_1894.jpeg.5c78bec9a681b86ccda110d48f1e03a6.jpeg

IMG_1948.jpeg.797f838e841076822adf8af195709e24.jpeg

IMG_1886.jpeg.8c8d204e9e21212d0535c90bb5111829.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @smitty34877 Terry, praying for you, Tana, your families & support teams. 

@HAL Sailer Melissa, praying for you & your DH. Don’t forget you. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

2021 José Hernández Angel’s reserve

This medium bodied white from Argentina is another Naked wines club offering. But white wine lovers - if you have not tried a Torrontés wine yet, pick one up. Fruity, but dry and a lovely finish. Members can pick one up for $8.99. 

Distributor’s notes

The local's favorite - and big-time Argentina award-winner

This Torrontés is a surprise and delight, famous for its floral nose and fresh fruit finish – think honeysuckle and lemony tang. 

With your funding, José traveled to the northern town of Cafayate in Salta – home to Argentina's best Torrontés. High altitudes here are perfect for preserving its lively flavors. 

Torrontés isn't a wine many American wine drinkers know, but once you try a sip of this previous SF Chronicle award-winner, we think you'll *torrun* back for more. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 3

Good morning! No one waiting on us hand and foot. Had to make my own cup of coffee. Geez! Back to reality.

One experience on this cruise was we couldn’t watch live tv in NYC and Charleston. I inquired and the answer was 5G interferes with TV reception. Never had or heard of that before. Maybe that will change when they soon get Star Link.

Unpacking. So much easier now that we use packing bags labeled with different items. Also makes it easier to pack. We have converted a bedroom into world cruise packing center and it’s filling up fast.

Still awaiting an update to our itinerary. Originally going to Ukraine which we knew a year ago. Two weeks ago Ecuador got scrubbed due to civil unrest. Pretty sure Israel, Jordon have been removed and possibly Egypt. In lieu of Ecuador we will have an overnight in Panama. It’s time to get moving on getting Visas.

Never been to Albania and don’t believe I have ever seen it on an itinerary. That would be an interesting and history filled visit.

Thanks for the Fleet Report and all who contribute. Have a great Hump Day. Bruce

image.jpeg.3a16882087f7c55e3437c4bd60332072.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.16349d49c2f9913d0bcb305ee6bae259.jpegimage.jpeg.587507ca1b70c60995cc891388ed5a3f.jpegimage.jpeg.d98655a0ae762dec9fd71d302cbdacb8.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 22
  • Haha 11

Good morning everyone from a sunny, cold Boston.  Hats off to all of the all of the pianists in the world who bring us joy instead of strife.  Radiology has certainly made a huge impact on the medical profession.  A cappuccino would be welcome right about now.  Grandma Moses certainly had common sense.  While the name doesn’t seem that appealing I’m going to withhold judgment until I read @dfish’s recipes, sometimes they really surprise me.  No on the drink though.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for all on our prayer list.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events!

• Like 26

Happy Hump Day to All and thanks for the daily and fleet reports.  Wonderful 3 days!  Wish I could play the piano (or any instrument, for that matter).  Grandma Moses was wise.  Would like to see the recipe for the meal as it peaks my interest. Pass on the drink and wine, never been to the port, and interesting days.

Mornings stay dark longer and it kind of throws me off.  Cool this morning at 52F but will climb up to only ~79F.  Sweater weather!!  Chiro adjustment yesterday after subbing then off to a paired wine 4 course dinner.  As I went by myself, a couple next to me asked me to join them.  Enjoyable time spent but a couple of snafus with the meal.  Advertised as a spinach and gorgonzola salad with scallops (came with shrimp instead so we asked for scallops and I didn't see any spinach!!), meat plate was not hot (sent back) and then they switched the wine pairing to have a Cabernet with dessert and the Chardonnay with the meat!! I did eat it all but chuckled under my breath!

Off subbing again today - middle school English.  We had a lockdown "practice" yesterday which increased my heart rate as that is one thing that does scare me about working in schools.

Thoughts for the world and those on the care list.  Cheers to those celebrating.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 28

Thank you Rich, Vanessa, Debbie, Ann, and Dixie for the Hump Day report.  I'll take the days but prefer brewed coffee to Cappucino.  I like the quote but have not been to Albania.  I have a feeling Penn had in mind freedom just for HIS brand of religion.  I like the Grandma Moses quote.  Time to start organizing to shut down and disembark, we are due to arrive in about an hour.

The meal sounds interesting.  My alternative is a chicken dish and ice cream as served on the Auto Train last night.

dishes1107.jpg

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Jim and Ginger cocktail:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Original
3 parts Fever-Tree Ginger Ale
Garnish: Lemon Wedge

Instructions
Build over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 6.40.20 AM.png

My people called this drink a highball.

• Like 17

Good Morning from a warm and sunny day at the beach

I really enjoy piano music, it is very relaxing. Love a good Cappuccino. Xray was a very important discovery. It has advanced to even more sophisticated testing.

Spacex is launching so many satellites that Star Link must be everywhere by now. There was another launch last nite just after midnight. My windows were rattling.

Golf this afternoon. Should be great without all the wind!

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 27

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I admire pianists and often wish I could play.  At some time or other, most of us depend on radiology to determine what's wrong with us.  We enjoy cappuccino on BHB's while sitting in the Crow's Nest.  It looks like I'm one of the few who have been to today's port.  We took the ship's excursion to the Blue Eye nature preserve - the park was beautiful, spectacular in fact . . . look it up on the internet, the pictures are not enhanced.  The water was the bluest I've ever seen, even bluer than Half Moon Cay.  Because Albania is an economically depressed country, they don't have recycling or trash programs, so you see garbage all over the place, lining the roads and streets.  It's too bad, because it could be such a nice location if it was cleaned up.

We had a skiff of snow overnight - a skiff is when there's enough to leave a layer on the lawns and cars, but melts off quickly from the streets.  Not sure what the roads are like, as we also had rain yesterday.  We're going out for breakfast with neighbours who moved from our block, so we'll see if we slip-slide our way to the restaurant or not.  We'll likely be fine, as most of the working folk will have warmed up the streets ahead of us.  

Not much happening here today - DH has coffee with his band, so I'm staying home and working on blankets.  At yesterday's breakfast with colleagues, one cleaned out her stash of yarn and brought 2 large black garbage bags along for me to take home.  Like I needed more.  LOL   Anyway, there was a great variety of weights of yarn in those bags, and I found some that will make a wonderful snuggly blanket for a young person that I'm working on already.

In Canada it's National Indigenous Veterans Day, so we are remembering those who fought and lost their lives in the wars.  My birth mother had 2 sisters and 2 brothers who were in the Canadian military; the 2 men saw active duty and fortunately returned home.  

OMG, my security camera just went off and already the young couple we hired to remove the snow are out there, clearing off the driveway!  Good to see them to eager to earn their money!

I'm going to pass on the drink and the wine, and look forward to the recipe today - it might make a nice treat when having company in for the evening.  For us, we'll struggle through with our turkey leftovers at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for all who are in need, in wars, and in grief.  Cheers to everyone with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 35

Good morning. It is chilly and will not get much above 45 or so. The sun is out. I look forward to the recipe as today’s dinner has yet to be decided. I have not been to Albania but we have several families on our street who came from there. One family has opened a small grocery on our main drag and I enjoy shopping there. 
Yesterday I walked the three blocks to our usual polling place and was told it had been changed to a downtown location. I had the card the Board of Elections  sent with the usual place indicated on it. I walked the two miles there and back  and was very aware of the steep hills , especially coming home.

I wonder why the change was made….

@JazzyV, Vanessa, I was so glad to read yesterday that you had pain relief at least for a while. Let’s hope it continues in that direction.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 29

Good morning, and happy Hump Day!  I'm waiting for the meatball recipes today...sounds interesting.  Grandma Moses was smart!  Thanks to William Penn and Wilhelm Röntgen.  X-rays are very important for our health, in my last job, we used radiology every day.  I'm waiting for the destination photos today, I get to "travel" thanks to all of you!  

Today is Reading Buddy day, then a talk at our church on Avoiding Scams...an important talk for our times!  Those people should put their skills to good instead of bad work!  

We had a nice day yesterday, it's in the 50's here today.  Had some rain last night, the wind changed, and our neighbors leaves are now in our yard!  Yesterday the lawn was visible, today, not so much.  There are still a lot of leaves to fall...

Started a new kids quilt yesterday, it goes with the book "The Little Ghost That Was a Quilt."  

Went to an exercise class yesterday, used some "new" muscles, today my arms are achy!  

@JazzyVit was good to hear that you were feeling better yesterday, prayers that continues.

@rafinmdthanks for sharing your journey with us!  It's great that you're traveling again!  

Have a great day, Karen

• Like 26

Good morning from sunny central Texas.  It is 68F and feels like 66F.  The humidity is 95% with a dew point of 66F.  Today's high will be 84F, and it will be the last real warm day.  We'll still get some days in the 70s, but I think after today, it will be next spring before we see temperatures in the 80s.  Considering we are talking about Texas weather, I could be wrong.  Tomorrow will be 67F and raining, then 56F on Friday.  After that, back to the 60s and 70s.

I had planned some retail therapy in Waco today, but that will have to wait until Friday.  I still have not gathered everything to take to Goodwill.  There are some things inside the motorhome which will be added to the Goodwill bag(s).  Today is the day we'll tackle the inside of the motorhome.  Then, it should be ready to go to the dealership Monday.

We will celebrate pianist day, especially my friend Naki Ataman.  Radiology of all types is a big part of finding what ails people.  Some one else can have my cappuccino.

Grandma Moses was a very wise woman, and she was correct about life.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We have been to Sarande three times on BHBs.  I'll retrieve my pictures in a few minutes.

Two interesting days in history, and I suspect Roy @rafinmd is correct about William Penn's view of religious freedom.  German physicist Wilhelm Röntgen's discovery of the x-ray wave length was a big step forward in medicine.

@puppycanducruise  Melanie, I hope the forecast for freezing rain is wrong, and that you don't lose power.

@kazu  Jacqui, I hope it's not too cold working outside today.  Congratulations on a good job with the bursary story.  

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope the swelling goes down in Jim's knee, but if not, draining the excess fluid should relieve the pressure and also the swelling in his foot.  Glad you car is ready for the drive to Miami.

@Nickelpenny  Penny, that was too bad about the mix-ups with the dinner last night.  It is sad that schools now have to have lockdown practice.

@ger_77  Gerry, I hope your roads are not slippery.  It sounds like you found a treasure in the people who will take care of your driveway this year.

360138866_243144821914652_9101982729391159476_n.jpg.a021ffde1b4c01b4cd9517e0a4798c8e.jpg

361561930_702308665240439_7080099010439292964_n.thumb.jpg.30b014fb43132f543f22368a86e487a8.jpg

361916173_813033267489873_2173080360289216144_n.jpg.e5b4fc672cc3d98d3bb4c40dcd8d64af.jpg

361930332_752200703374007_4268206800644034490_n.thumb.jpg.b200f5a1e596a92a869299f422538ae0.jpg

366079404_674820178016693_6241385658515262090_n.thumb.jpg.f92df27c6a21d0a7caf6dd9f1e46208a.jpg

361916173_813033267489873_2173080360289216144_n.jpg.e5b4fc672cc3d98d3bb4c40dcd8d64af.jpg

Lenda

366290954_280388011287847_99854893356694207_n.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 17