Today is Alexander Graham Bell Day, Name Tag Day, and National Be Heard Day

Unbeing dead isn't being alive. - E.E. Cummings

Meal Suggestion for today - Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Drink of the Day - Royal Apple
Wine of the Day - Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon 
Destination of the Day - Luderitz, Namibia 

Today in History:
1876 Alexander Graham Bell receives a patent for the telephone in the US
1912 Norweigan explorer Roald Amundsen announces his team was the first to reach the South Pole (located 14 December 1911), 34 days before British explorer Robert Falcon Scott

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 10:00 - 17:00 

Koningsdam

Papeete, Tahiti Island French Polynesia 08:00 - 

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 03-08

Nieuw Statendam

Cozumel, Mexico 

Oosterdam

Montevideo, Uruguay 08:00 - 18:00 

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 03-08

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Port-of-Spain, Trinidad eta 03-10

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia eta 03-09

Volendam

Timaru, New Zealand 08:00 - 18:00 

Westerdam

Kagoshima City, Japan Kagoshima 08:00 - 18:00 

Zuiderdam

Shanghai, China - 17:00

• Like 15
  • Thanks 23

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Cat Shepard’s DSis post emergency stomach surgery, slowly improving

RMLincoln’s DH Richard with an eye appointment today

Seasick Sailor’s DH Allen with a pinched nerve in the neck

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck post arterial surgery

Fires in the Texas panhandle and OK; snow in CA and CAN

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; loss of US military members

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Seasick Sailor’s friend Ron with multiple medical issues

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday RedneckBob!

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Morgan finding a safer place to live

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Rafinmd’s oncologist pleased with his PSA numbers

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

LAFFNVEGAS (Winstar Wind Surf to Mar 9) 7d Classic Caribbean, Nickelpenny (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, Mtn2Sea (Zaandam to Mar 16 2024) 28d Amazon Explorer, 0106 (Nieuw Statendam to Mar 17) 14d W/E Caribbean, w/BFF, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 25

Royal Apple Cocktail:

Introducing the "Royal Apple" cocktail - a regal libation that combines the lusciousness of apple and the richness of whiskey in a harmonious blend fit for royalty. This cocktail marries the crisp, sweet notes of apple schnapps with the robust character of bourbon, delivering an enchanting taste experience that's as refined as it is invigorating. With its deep, golden hue and a fusion of flavors that dance on the palate, the Royal Apple cocktail is the perfect choice for those seeking a sophisticated sip with a touch of royalty. Whether enjoyed at an upscale soiree or as a personal indulgence, this concoction promises a journey of delightful flavors that elevate your drinking experience.

1/2 oz. lemon juice
.25 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. bourbon Whiskey
1 oz. apple schnapps

Directions
In a mixing glass with ice cubes pour in the bourbon whiskey, apple schnapps, fresh lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Stir gently for about 20-30 seconds to thoroughly chill and dilute the cocktail.
Strain the mixture into a chilled rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with an apple slice or twist, adding a touch of orchard-fresh elegance.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 6.27.35 AM.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 21

Good morning from a cloudy 43°F North East England.

3 interesting days and days in history.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Thank you to all who supply the various lists.

I hope everyone is happy and well.

Best wishes to y'all for a relaxing nice day.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham xx

• Like 25

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report.

Nice morning here at 59 degrees with a forecast high of 73. We had almost 3 inches of rain yesterday, which was really needed.

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day!

IMG_0885.JPG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

Another cool day for us, no snow.  It's nice to be able to go for a walk without having to wear winter boots, but I still need a toque.

Three good days to celebrate.  I remember visiting the Bell Homestead in Brantford Ontario.  No need to wear a name tag today.  It's important to be heard.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing recipes.  The drink sounds good too.  I hope the wine is tasty too.

I've never been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Hooray for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.   Stay safe.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Dailyites 

Looks like a nice morning,  then chance of rain this afternoon. 

I've been up since 1. Allen is tossing in pain. I put a salon pas on his neck and gave him Tylenol. He may take a muscle relaxer when he gets up.

Going to make another attempt at getting my military deers card. This time will try Ft Hood.

Will check back later.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

Good morning friends!  It's going to be a decent day today I think.  Right now it's 51F and we will see a mostly sunny day and a high of 72.  I'm looking forward to it.  We can either go early vote for the Georgia primary election which is Tuesday, or do it tomorrow when we go to have our teeth cleaned.  I'd like to go grocery shopping tomorrow too so that's a lot of chores for one day but we'll see.  

Good for us having Alexander Graham Bell Day to recognize.☎️  We certainly appreciate his invention of the telephone.  I enjoy being heard and sometimes name tags save you from the embarrassment of forgetting people's names right after you've been introduced.  Too early in the day for me to understand what the intention of today's quote is.  The enchilada meal sounds great.  I doubt I'd enjoy the cocktail or red wine.🍷 Congrats again to A.G. Bell and Roald Amundsen!  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for your reports.

Prayers for my DB, DGD, Great nephew's twins, and friends Scott and Susan.  Also the people of Ukraine and Israel and the hostages still held, as well as the troops at sea and at bases in the war zones.  And special prayers too for all here on the Care list recovering from surgeries, illnesses and medical procedures, suffering from pain, stress and depression. 🙏  Many prayers for poor Allen suffering so much with his painful neck. 🙏 

For those on the Celebration list we wish you all our best wishes as you celebrate your special event and cruises.  🚢  Safe travels!  Happy Birthday to @RedneckBob !!🎂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the great lists every day!  Hope you have a pain free day!

The destination today is Luderitz, Namibia which was our port only once before on May 20, 2021.  I have not been there before so no photos from me today.  Here is the link for you to use if you want to retrieve yours.

Hoping everyone has a great day - stay safe and keep well!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 4

Good morning from off the coast of French Guiana. Three interesting days, not sure what the quote means, pass on the food and drink and never been to the port. 

Happy Birthday @RedneckBob!!!

Being out at sea, we have had to get our sea legs back. Occasional rains but they are warm and refreshing. Sadly the bugs are all gone. I will miss them. For the first time I thought I would try the laundry. Boy could I stuff the bag full. I did go for a massage as sitting and walking has been a challenge but I am managing. I am enjoying the enrichment talks and the Oi Brazil group. 

IMG_6426.thumb.jpeg.b171d8e7c79d69f50a061ed38076c3f2.jpeg

IMG_6394.thumb.jpeg.c0578ae92a6e1a626dcb8d143e7c1d51.jpeg

Thoughts for all and cheers for all celebrating!  Have a great day everyone!!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Good stormy Thursday morning and thanks Rich, Roy, Vanessa, Debbie, Dixie & Ann.

Great collection of days.  Alexander Graham Bell’s discovery is still used by so many and it is important to be heard.  I started celebrating Name Tag day yesterday since I opened up the Name Tag Factory.  Hope to finish the printing today and then it’s the Arts & Crafts part of the project 😉 😂

IMG_2175.jpeg.19d6ff10a4abccfb8862351ad4f6dd61.jpeg

I like the quote and the meal is a yummy one.  I often made it for DD DH.  Haven’t been to today’s port and I don’t see it in my future. 😉 Great days in history.

IMG_1605.thumb.jpeg.21897abbe97ac26fe9a3a277095e96ad.jpeg

It’s a messy day here.  Pouring rain and the temperature will plummet to give us freezing rain, ice pellets & snow.  Power outage warnings, of course.  They are not sure yet if it will be manyinches of ice pellets or just a few and then snow.  I’ll take the snow over ice any day.  No one is going anywhere here today.

IMG_2176.thumb.jpeg.c98f6aa0cbc0bc0da56149dbafd8c597.jpeg

Happy birthday to @RedneckBob 🎂 🎉 

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grief, pain, health issues, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

Outlook-image017.J.jpeg.12441581d2d0e2dbbb05ee491977a14f.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte 

Rainy and 67 right now but clearing up with a high of 80 later in the day

Good selection of days

Strange quote 

I like chicken enchiladas but we have been striking out on Mexican food lately but we did break the streak with some very good chicken fajitas this past Tuesday night at our favorite Mexican restaurant 

I have one more address change today, spent most of yesterday hanging pictures and put together a new TV stand for the den. Also bought a new TV for the den, back in the day you just plugged in the TV and just like that you had your 5 stations, now you spend a half hour setting up and adding all kinds of info, oh well, it’s a different day and age.

Golf was rained out yesterday but tomorrow should be a good day for golf with sunny skies, 4 MPH winds with a temp of 80

Have a great day and stay well

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 27

Good morning, everyone!

It is a chilly start to the day, but it is supposed to be mostly sunny and warm to the upper 40s.  I have PT this morning then Sue and I are going to the craft store.  She wants to make wreaths.  

@RedneckBob 

101-Best-Happy-Birthday-Memes-12-720x720.jpg.8f650da30b823e0e94518e9b9355cc2b.jpg

Today's meal is great comfort food in my book.  I love anything cheesy.  However, it is off the menu for us as we are watching the carbs and calories.  I think tonight is fish and veggies.  This first recipe is super easy.  https://www.isabeleats.com/red-chicken-enchiladas/

chickenenchiladas1.thumb.jpg.6383e72281d437d2530cf525247791c3.jpg

This recipe includes beans in the filling. Beans are good for you because of the added fiber.    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/best-chicken-enchiladas-ever/

chickenenchiladas2.thumb.jpg.8836df3e2a89202eca74f7600b5aca31.jpg

In this recipe Ree Drummond makes a white enchilada sauce.   She describes it as creamy, dreamy, and cheesy.  https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11534/white-chicken-enchiladas/

chickenenchiladas3.thumb.jpg.4755c2cca2a821c1b4d9f18563ad2c53.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 15

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Cloudy day today. No rain which is good. 

Busy day for me today. Clients, a class, and a meeting. Then over the next three days I am in all day training for EMDR. Feeling a bit stressed. However, in 216 days I will be sailing out of Quebec through Canada and New England. 

Happy birthday to @RedneckBob🎂

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

55 Funniest Cat Memes Ever Will Make You Laugh Right MEOW!

• Like 21
  • Haha 5

Everyone stay well. Will try to check in later. 

Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon

A challenging day to get decent info on this widely available & priced to try Cab. Online prices start at $9.99.

Winemaker’s notes

IMG_2623.thumb.jpeg.39a8d4c17efa65d28a4b467901f9655b.jpeg

Following a brief cold soak to encourage extraction of color and tannin from the fruit, the must was fermented at warm temperatures for four to six days. The wine was then aged on oak until Cabernet’s naturally firm tannins were softened and the wine structure was balanced. We blended Petite Sirah grapes with the deepest color to enhance the wine’s color and structure. The finished wine has a round, plush mouthfeel and signature bold flavor.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 16