The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 9th, 2024

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Saturday was a long day of traveling home, across the country from Boston. It was very nice to be home but gosh do I miss being pampered by all the crew. The Zuiderdam has such friendly staff and crew. My delightful cabin stewards were always popping in and out of other cabins to talk to me.  Even the immigration process on Friday went smoothly, although the agents were grumpy. Debbie @dfish & Sue are a delight to sail with, and I enjoyed meeting Jake @Crazy For Cats & Juan. 

Have a great day everyone!

Thank you, Sharon!   We really enjoyed cruising with you and will miss our afternoon Ocean Bar Happy Hours as well as dinner.  It is hard to think we have to wait over a year for the next time.  But we are anxiously looking forward to it and hoping you can make Hawaii.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, RMLincoln said:

Beautiful weather week in north New Jersey! Hoping to go kayaking Friday… grandkids have our boats in their garage so we’ll drive up to their place and see if we can make that happen. I’m excited!  It’s one thing I miss from our Maryland “stopover,” having our boats at the lake half-hour away. 

I used to really like black bean soup with lots of goodies in it! Yum!  The drink sounds good to me and I think I have the ingredients!  Not likely to see any priests!  Every Ladies Room in our Continuing Care Retirement Community has a notice about alcohol and pregnancy 🧐. Raising awareness is important. 

@HeartgroveJack, I hope you can stay safe. DH had multiple stings getting a nest dealt with then became sensitized and allergic to subsequent stings… please don’t be alone in case you have a reaction. 

Extra blessings for Bonnie and Roy and Nick!  
And Annie and Chuck, Happy Anniversary! 💞🎈🎉

Blessings for all in need of healing, comfort or hope!  All in harm’s way! 
🎉 Cheers for those celebrating! You remind us that Life is Good🌈
Smooth travels to all away! @Cruzin TerriHoping your trip to Savannah is uneventful both on the road and for Jim at home. 

@smitty34877 I keep thinking there’s gotta be a program available to Tana and you for support!  Praying you find a breakthrough for relief, respite, help…. there’s gotta be a social worker somewhere who can guide you. Glad your DB is there now and you can get a bit of a chance to care for yourself. Praying for Amazing! 

Wishing @kazu Jacqui a good day! And all of our Daily family too! Thank you all for being here. 

Maureen 

It is a great idea, right? My DD DH was a retired Social Worker ironically. The Hospice Social Worker  is a lovely person but she is limited by the way hospice works , at least where we are. Essentially one has to hope the other family members can physically assist the patient. There is an aide for three hours once a week. The aide we have daily during the week is paid for privately. I am so fortunate to be reasonably well(mostly) and I have  DD, DSIL and the teenager in between their work and school schedules right next door. My extended family helps as well and we are all very grateful. 
I can’t complain as I imagine those without family and extra assistance are truly in a tough spot.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is an important issue. I'll celebrate box wine. No priest around to buy a beer. I like the quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine ($$$). I haven't been Jeju. A good day for the USA. 

It's sunny and 72F out, after a start in the 40's. Ugh, if it's not one thing it's another. Yesterday afternoon my leg started hurting just below the knee. I thought it was from the body glue I sometimes use on my compression stockings. But then it got red and was swollen, and I was concerned about cellulitis. So I started on antibiotics I keep on hand. I'm keeping the leg elevated. I think I'll cancel PT tomorrow, unless it's a lot better. I see my doctor on Wednesday, so I'll see what she says if it's still bothersome. On a positive note, not much dizziness today.

@marshhawk Happy Anniversary to you and Chuck @catmando!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today.

@seagarsmoker I hope your DW gets good results on her tests.

@ottahand7 I hope things are going ok for your DB, given all his issues.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels to and from Savannah.

@dobiemom Wow, earthquakes, fires and rain. Be careful.

@smitty34877 I'm glad DB is able to stay a bit longer. Prayers for you, Tana and the whole family.

@rafinmd I hope you make continued progress, so you can be discharged to rehab.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@Heartgrove Maybe you need a professional to take care of the bees?

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for passing on Roy's message. Nice photos from S. Korea. 

@Sharon in AZ I'm glad you made it home safely. 

@Seasick Sailor Many prayers are being said for Bonnie. Enjoy your sea day.

@atexsix I was waiting for the apple conference too, having an iPad, iPhone and Apple watch.

@aliaschief Thanks for checking in. Lovely sunset and ocean views.

@kazu I hope things are progressing well for you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Back to the recliner.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 8

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes.  😊 

We are back from the hospital and all went well. 

Her colonoscpy was perfect, so ten more years before she has another one.

Her endoscopy was ok. He didn't find anything like last time, but took a snip for a biopsy. 

Thanks again!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

458282362_501552829282664_2373810902135049279_n.jpg.38dc98a64fc3a54e2cb389e6d504e794.jpg

Variation on this theme.  A sign in the waiting room of the local veterinarian:

Unattended children will be given

-- a cup of espresso 

-- and a puppy

• Like 3
  • Haha 21

Just thought I'd add a few pictures from Jeju since they are different than those posted. We were there on the Diamond Princess in 2014.

We walked into town and found the market which we always find so interesting in other countries and also took a brief walk around town.

A few pictures from the market and the walk back to the ship. It's certainly nothing like the market in Busan!

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(1).thumb.JPG.ed9d95cb401c81f1a11634d7c6a27380.JPG

My favorite and have no idea what kind of eggs these are.

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(10).thumb.JPG.01a957284b0c29a728a391c168ea3a7b.JPG

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(5).thumb.JPG.63f74653d2209f6218d87586c2595923.JPG

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(11).thumb.JPG.e08615e76c5ac67948d6a58ced061600.JPG

Which red spice do you want?

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(16).thumb.JPG.65ec765812aa8112eb2a248ac63984fc.JPG

Minding the store

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(15).thumb.JPG.6a5aae46a1985121ee96fc0730728386.JPG

And a little bit of everything

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(12).thumb.JPG.ad625b40feba7474fb6d92af4a9fed53.JPG

The walk back to the ship

JejuCity(3).thumb.JPG.302ed4e8f3308cc8a16719d71863e441.JPG

JejuCity(1).thumb.JPG.3f02aeac96dfe780ffbe8282f7775fad.JPG

• Like 19
  • Thanks 11

Roy's latest update just arrived in my inbox.

The neurological doctor just stopped by and suggested I might have had a very minor stroke too small for the MRI to catch.  He indicated that possibility calls for no change to the plan to be transferred to an inpatient rehab center.    No word on the timeline or destination yet.

I did have a lengthy session with both occupational and physical therapy and did some attempts at walking both with and without a walker,  and sat on a commode for the first time.  Still far too unstable to be anywhere near able to function independently.

Have not seen the attending physician yet.

Sending best wishes for continued improvement and a speedy recovery.

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Thanks 34

Good afternoon from a sunny, warmer and still windy central Texas.  It is a balmy 83F with a 7mph wind from the north east.  I am continuing to work on changing our address with every one who has the mail forwarding address.  I stopped at the bank this morning and got that taken care of.  Since DH is the main (first) name on the account someone from the bank called him to make sure he approved of the change.  Then we got two emails covering the same thing.  I guess it's better to double check than to have someone make a change on an account that is not theirs.

5 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Anniversary Annie @marshhawk & Chuck @catmando!!  

Sandi @StLouisCruisers & Dennis, Happy Belated Anniversary wishes.  Sorry, I wasn’t able to post on your actual Anniversary.

Saturday was a long day of traveling home, across the country from Boston. It was very nice to be home but gosh do I miss being pampered by all the crew. The Zuiderdam has such friendly staff and crew. My delightful cabin stewards were always popping in and out of other cabins to talk to me.  Even the immigration process on Friday went smoothly, although the agents were grumpy. Debbie @dfish & Sue are a delight to sail with, and I enjoyed meeting Jake @Crazy For Cats & Juan. 

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, I'm glad you made it home safely Saturday.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Thank you, Sharon!   We really enjoyed cruising with you and will miss our afternoon Ocean Bar Happy Hours as well as dinner.  It is hard to think we have to wait over a year for the next time.  But we are anxiously looking forward to it and hoping you can make Hawaii.

I'll join Debbie and Sue in hoping you can join us on the Hawaii cruise in January.

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome is an important issue. I'll celebrate box wine. No priest around to buy a beer. I like the quote. I like the meal. Pass on the drink and wine ($$$). I haven't been Jeju. A good day for the USA. 

It's sunny and 72F out, after a start in the 40's. Ugh, if it's not one thing it's another. Yesterday afternoon my leg started hurting just below the knee. I thought it was from the body glue I sometimes use on my compression stockings. But then it got red and was swollen, and I was concerned about cellulitis. So I started on antibiotics I keep on hand. I'm keeping the leg elevated. I think I'll cancel PT tomorrow, unless it's a lot better. I see my doctor on Wednesday, so I'll see what she says if it's still bothersome. On a positive note, not much dizziness today.

@marshhawk Happy Anniversary to you and Chuck @catmando!

@StLouisCruisers Thanks for our start today.

@seagarsmoker I hope your DW gets good results on her tests.

@ottahand7 I hope things are going ok for your DB, given all his issues.

@Cruzin Terri Safe travels to and from Savannah.

@dobiemom Wow, earthquakes, fires and rain. Be careful.

@smitty34877 I'm glad DB is able to stay a bit longer. Prayers for you, Tana and the whole family.

@rafinmd I hope you make continued progress, so you can be discharged to rehab.

@dfish Thanks for the recipes.

@Heartgrove Maybe you need a professional to take care of the bees?

@Quartzsite Cruiser Thanks for passing on Roy's message. Nice photos from S. Korea. 

@Sharon in AZ I'm glad you made it home safely. 

@Seasick Sailor Many prayers are being said for Bonnie. Enjoy your sea day.

@atexsix I was waiting for the apple conference too, having an iPad, iPhone and Apple watch.

@aliaschief Thanks for checking in. Lovely sunset and ocean views.

@kazu I hope things are progressing well for you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Back to the recliner.

Vanessa, that is good news the dizziness is a lot less today.  But, no on the leg issue.  I hope it's better by tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

Her endoscopy was ok. He didn't find anything like last time, but took a snip for a biopsy. 

Thanks again!

I'm glad everything went well for the procedures.  I hope the biopsy comes back negative.

26 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

Just thought I'd add a few pictures from Jeju since they are different than those posted. We were there on the Diamond Princess in 2014.

We walked into town and found the market which we always find so interesting in other countries and also took a brief walk around town.

A few pictures from the market and the walk back to the ship. It's certainly nothing like the market in Busan!

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(1).thumb.JPG.ed9d95cb401c81f1a11634d7c6a27380.JPG

My favorite and have no idea what kind of eggs these are.

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(10).thumb.JPG.01a957284b0c29a728a391c168ea3a7b.JPG

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(5).thumb.JPG.63f74653d2209f6218d87586c2595923.JPG

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(11).thumb.JPG.e08615e76c5ac67948d6a58ced061600.JPG

Which red spice do you want?

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(16).thumb.JPG.65ec765812aa8112eb2a248ac63984fc.JPG

Minding the store

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(15).thumb.JPG.6a5aae46a1985121ee96fc0730728386.JPG

And a little bit of everything

DongmunMarketinJejuCity(12).thumb.JPG.ad625b40feba7474fb6d92af4a9fed53.JPG

The walk back to the ship

JejuCity(3).thumb.JPG.302ed4e8f3308cc8a16719d71863e441.JPG

JejuCity(1).thumb.JPG.3f02aeac96dfe780ffbe8282f7775fad.JPG

Thanks for sharing your pictures of Jeju City.  We also like wandering around markets and grocery stores in foreign ports.  Very often, their produce looks so much better than what we find in the grocery stores here.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good afternoon, it's a bit warmer here today.  Going up to the low 80's  I'll take it.  Don't want snow!  DH has been cleaning the cars and trimming bushes.  The cars were in bad shape, much better now!  No thanks for the drink, the soup sounds good.  Haven't been to the port, and not sure about the quote.  Just read on FB that the Rotterdam is having some weather issues and was "stuck" because the port was closed...hope it goes well for them.  

@rafinmdPrayers that you feel better and are up and about soon.

@marshhawkHappy Anniversary!  Hoping your day is going ok.

Thanks for sharing the port pictures today. 

Prayers for all who need them, and cheers for those celebrating!  Have a good evening!  K

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon!

It was an interesting visit to the dentist.   She came up with $5100 worth of work that is "necessary".  The only thing I really need is a cleaning and a crown reset.  So, I am driving an hour and a half to see the dentist that Sue used to work for and he will reset the crown.  He will let her do a cleaning on me and then I will schedule with the hygienist there from now on.  I need to go someplace I can trust.  When we left and got in the car Sue told me she would run as fast as she could from that place.  

I am happy to hear Roy's news and hope the transfer occurs soon and that rehab has him on his feet quickly.  

@JazzyV The leg pain would have me concerned.  I hope it resolves before tomorrow.  I would probably keep the PT appointment as the PT might have some suggestions.

@smitty34877 We found that Hospice does rely on the family for the round the clock care.  We had someone in the family that slept in the living room with Mom and I did the daytime care.  It did take a couple of us to get her from the bed to the chair and vice versa.  It can be brutal on the family unless you have the means to hire independent care givers.  Not everyone does.  Sometimes churches have people who will do respite, but they will just sit and visit.  They won't administer medications or do transfers.  

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, quilty964 said:

Good afternoon, it's a bit warmer here today.  Going up to the low 80's  I'll take it.  Don't want snow!  DH has been cleaning the cars and trimming bushes.  The cars were in bad shape, much better now!  No thanks for the drink, the soup sounds good.  Haven't been to the port, and not sure about the quote.  Just read on FB that the Rotterdam is having some weather issues and was "stuck" because the port was closed...hope it goes well for them.  

@rafinmdPrayers that you feel better and are up and about soon.

@marshhawkHappy Anniversary!  Hoping your day is going ok.

Thanks for sharing the port pictures today. 

Prayers for all who need them, and cheers for those celebrating!  Have a good evening!  K

By staying in Reykjavik overnight, they had the opportunity to see some nice northern lights. I saw pix on Rotterdam FB group this morning.

• Like 20

47 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

It was an interesting visit to the dentist.   She came up with $5100 worth of work that is "necessary".  The only thing I really need is a cleaning and a crown reset.  So, I am driving an hour and a half to see the dentist that Sue used to work for and he will reset the crown.  He will let her do a cleaning on me and then I will schedule with the hygienist there from now on.  I need to go someplace I can trust.  When we left and got in the car Sue told me she would run as fast as she could from that place.  

I am happy to hear Roy's news and hope the transfer occurs soon and that rehab has him on his feet quickly.  

@JazzyV The leg pain would have me concerned.  I hope it resolves before tomorrow.  I would probably keep the PT appointment as the PT might have some suggestions.

@smitty34877 We found that Hospice does rely on the family for the round the clock care.  We had someone in the family that slept in the living room with Mom and I did the daytime care.  It did take a couple of us to get her from the bed to the chair and vice versa.  It can be brutal on the family unless you have the means to hire independent care givers.  Not everyone does.  Sometimes churches have people who will do respite, but they will just sit and visit.  They won't administer medications or do transfers.  

Debbie, I'm glad Sue was with you at the dentist.  I would also be looking for a different dentist.  I'm lucky that my dentist will offer options, and if it's not necessary will go with only what is necessary.  That is why, when he said two teeth had to come out, I trusted him.  One had been a problem for a year.  His first solution was a bridge which I'm sure would have been less expensive, but I wanted the implants if it was possible.  It was my decision to go with the more expensive implants, but I felt they were a better solution for me.

I agree about hospice, and with my father there was someone to sit with him on weeknights.  I'm not sure if they were hospice or private as my stepmother arranged it.  On the weekend  nights, it was up to a family member to help him.  The hospice nurse checked on him on a regular basis.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Good afternoon!

It was an interesting visit to the dentist.   She came up with $5100 worth of work that is "necessary".  The only thing I really need is a cleaning and a crown reset.  So, I am driving an hour and a half to see the dentist that Sue used to work for and he will reset the crown.  He will let her do a cleaning on me and then I will schedule with the hygienist there from now on.  I need to go someplace I can trust. 

Debbie, wow on that dentist’s office! This seems to be an infection, not something PT would deal with. I don’t think it’s a blood clot. I decided that after I see ENT early tomorrow I would stop at the other doctor’s office to see if I can be seen. If she’s not in, they might tell me to go to the ER. 

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

It is a great idea, right? My DD DH was a retired Social Worker ironically. The Hospice Social Worker  is a lovely person but she is limited by the way hospice works , at least where we are. Essentially one has to hope the other family members can physically assist the patient. There is an aide for three hours once a week. The aide we have daily during the week is paid for privately. I am so fortunate to be reasonably well(mostly) and I have  DD, DSIL and the teenager in between their work and school schedules right next door. My extended family helps as well and we are all very grateful. 
I can’t complain as I imagine those without family and extra assistance are truly in a tough spot.

🤦🏼‍♀️ One day at a time is Everything 🤗🥰🤗

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Dailyites from the beautiful Westerdam. 

It is a sea day. We are being lazy and enjoying coffee and news before heading up to breakfast. 

Thanks so much for prayers for Bonnie. She warned me it will be a late day for her before she gets home, so not to worry. My niece will text as soon as she knows something. 

Prayers for Roy. I hope he is in and out of rehab quickly. We need him here!

Happy Anniversary Annie and Chuck!

Wishing you all a Blessed day.

BTW.. I wonder where Waldo and Graham are off to?? 

IMG_20240909_220221.jpg

• Like 18

3 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Thanks again!

Excellent news.

I'm delighted for you both.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Debbie, wow on that dentist’s office! This seems to be an infection, not something PT would deal with. I don’t think it’s a blood clot. I decided that after I see ENT early tomorrow I would stop at the other doctor’s office to see if I can be seen. If she’s not in, they might tell me to go to the ER. 

I hope it is nothing serious.  I'm glad you started antibiotics if you think it is an infection.  How would it get infected?

2 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Debbie, I'm glad Sue was with you at the dentist.  I would also be looking for a different dentist.  I'm lucky that my dentist will offer options, and if it's not necessary will go with only what is necessary.  That is why, when he said two teeth had to come out, I trusted him.  One had been a problem for a year.  His first solution was a bridge which I'm sure would have been less expensive, but I wanted the implants if it was possible.  It was my decision to go with the more expensive implants, but I felt they were a better solution for me.

I agree about hospice, and with my father there was someone to sit with him on weeknights.  I'm not sure if they were hospice or private as my stepmother arranged it.  On the weekend  nights, it was up to a family member to help him.  The hospice nurse checked on him on a regular basis.

Lenda

Right now I am willing to drive an hour and a half to go to the dentist Sue worked for.  I really don't think he would pull something shady on me since the office knows me and Sue will be along.  Back in the day I used to drive from Ohio to Michigan to see the dentist.  I went to our family friend and Sue's first boss and then to his son when he took over.  The son is now a neighbor up the street and it is his mom that we visit on a regular basis in assisted living.  Unfortunately, Kevin retired or I'd be going to him.  I feel bad for people who don't have a Sue to take with them.  It is too easy to take advantage of people and I think that is what was happening.  In addition to all that the dentist seemed like she wasn't all there.  She had either split her pants or didn't zip them up as her underwear was hanging out.  She didn't really explain anything even when I asked questions.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dfish said:

In addition to all that the dentist seemed like she wasn't all there.  She had either split her pants or didn't zip them up as her underwear was hanging out. 

That would be a big clue alright! She sounds slightly off kilter to put it mildly.

Debbie I'm so glad you "have a Sue" .  It makes me very thankful for the dentist we have.

This afternoon the sun did come out and I was able to stain half the deck floor.  I'll try to do the other half tomorrow morning before my appointment with the Nephrologist.  Also got my hair cut -- and it feels good!

• Like 17

Home now from a late afternoon appt at the imaging place. Urologist wanted to confirm status of a stone he saw "lower down," so he ordered a scan to take a look before I leave for AK. If that stone has passed since the Aug 27 incident, there are only 2 left; if not, there are 3. Not sure what his plan is if it's still hanging around.

Prayers 🙏 @rafinmd continues to improve and send us updates via @Quartzsite Cruiser.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good Monday Evening Dailyites!  DH and I want to thank you so much for all the cards and notices regarding our Anniversary.  It was most appreciated, and it brought joy to both of us to know that we were loved and cared for by so many.

Today was not a good day.  DH's doctor told us the truth, that the drug he had been giving him was not working, the cancer has spread into his sinuses, is heading into the eye that he can see with (explains the constant headaches) and into the left side of his face.  They cannot do surgery on him at all. That all they can do is keep trying new drugs, but so far neither chemo, radiation or immunotherapy has cured the cancer. They are buying him time, he said that is all they can do until a new drug, a better drug can be found.  They are putting him on a new drug, that we of course cannot afford, and the doctor will apply for DH to be a test guinea pig and receive the drug for free.  That is pretty much all we can hope for now.  It is a drug that will have the same sad side effects that he got from the chemo, and I really dont know if it is possible for him to lose any more weight, last week it was down to 154.  

So we came home, and watched the Paradise as he had no appetite for lunch at all.  I did stop on the way home and we got Krispy Kreme Donuts, and coffee.  Sugar always makes him feel better.  At 4 he decided he could eat, so we went to a Thai restaurant near us for dinner.  And came home.

I did check my emails this afternoon, and the head of HR sent me an email asking if DH was planning on coming back to work.  I told her that due to his cancer and up coming bypass surgery, I had recommended that he take a "sabbatical" from work until he felt he could sit for a few hours each day  and what his future will look like after the bypass surgery.  

And I did tell DH that it was time he got honest with his family, that he was on borrowed time, and to ask for the inheritance or part of it, so that he could go do what he wanted to do.  No one really understands what he is going through.   And as the doctor told me, I was in control of the meds, and to keep up being strong and saying no when he wants more.  

This has not been a good day.  And all of you and your well wishes, made it something that we got through.

Through sickness and in health

• Like 2
  • Thanks 33

9 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Monday Evening Dailyites!  DH and I want to thank you so much for all the cards and notices regarding our Anniversary.  It was most appreciated, and it brought joy to both of us to know that we were loved and cared for by so many.

Today was not a good day.  DH's doctor told us the truth, that the drug he had been giving him was not working, the cancer has spread into his sinuses, is heading into the eye that he can see with (explains the constant headaches) and into the left side of his face.  They cannot do surgery on him at all. That all they can do is keep trying new drugs, but so far neither chemo, radiation or immunotherapy has cured the cancer. They are buying him time, he said that is all they can do until a new drug, a better drug can be found.  They are putting him on a new drug, that we of course cannot afford, and the doctor will apply for DH to be a test guinea pig and receive the drug for free.  That is pretty much all we can hope for now.  It is a drug that will have the same sad side effects that he got from the chemo, and I really dont know if it is possible for him to lose any more weight, last week it was down to 154.  

So we came home, and watched the Paradise as he had no appetite for lunch at all.  I did stop on the way home and we got Krispy Kreme Donuts, and coffee.  Sugar always makes him feel better.  At 4 he decided he could eat, so we went to a Thai restaurant near us for dinner.  And came home.

I did check my emails this afternoon, and the head of HR sent me an email asking if DH was planning on coming back to work.  I told her that due to his cancer and up coming bypass surgery, I had recommended that he take a "sabbatical" from work until he felt he could sit for a few hours each day  and what his future will look like after the bypass surgery.  

And I did tell DH that it was time he got honest with his family, that he was on borrowed time, and to ask for the inheritance or part of it, so that he could go do what he wanted to do.  No one really understands what he is going through.   And as the doctor told me, I was in control of the meds, and to keep up being strong and saying no when he wants more.  

This has not been a good day.  And all of you and your well wishes, made it something that we got through.

Through sickness and in health

You both are in my prayers.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1