Current hotel directors???

On 4/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, elleluv said:

We were just on Empress...    John is there through the end of this month and then is going back to Grandeur.    

He mentioned they have new hotel directors on both Empress and Grandeur, so he's going back and forth between the two.

Too bad they aren't sending him to Mariner as it is Florida base -- I say that without knowing who is HD on Mariner and if that person is good so please don't flame me.  John was our HD on EX in 2014 and he mixed with folks in the lounges.  He helped us out with some issues particularly slow Internet as we needed to keep in touch with our daughter and son-in-law who were putting in bids/contracts to buy houses (DH is a former Mortgage Loan Officer and they needed his guidance.)  

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Too bad they aren't sending him to Mariner as it is Florida base -- I say that without knowing who is HD on Mariner and if that person is good so please don't flame me.  John was our HD on EX in 2014 and he mixed with folks in the lounges.  He helped us out with some issues particularly slow Internet as we needed to keep in touch with our daughter and son-in-law who were putting in bids/contracts to buy houses (DH is a former Mortgage Loan Officer and they needed his guidance.)  

Love...love JD.  Really nice dinner we were invited to enjoy with him.  I was lucky enough to be seated next to him.  Great conversations, and one of the very best HDs we have met.   

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 9:16 AM, island lady said:

Love...love JD.  Really nice dinner we were invited to enjoy with him.  I was lucky enough to be seated next to him.  Great conversations, and one of the very best HDs we have met.   

That's why we hope he is assigned to a Port C home-ported ship.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, island lady said:

Fingers crossed!  🙂 

If every person who wants to see JD on the Mariner would put it on every survey on whatever cruise you are on, Royal will get tired of seeing it. Imagine hundreds of cruisers putting it in their survey no matter what ship they are on would send a clear message to Royal. If we do this for a solid year, we might get what we want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, LXA350 said:

Michael Landry is currently hotel director on Ovation

We were on the 5/13 Ovation cruise and had dinner with Michael, and he was going on vacation after this cruise.

Ovation.JPG

12 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Does anyone know if the Empress holds a Captain’s table?

no, 3-4 night cruises (not just Empress but any ship doing short cruises) do not have a Captain's table. They are too busy. This was told to me by 2 different captains...so they had lunch with me in WJ instead. And sometimes on the longer cruises, they may designate a replacement host (staff captain, hotel director, etc).

Edited by wolfcathorse

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, wolfcathorse said:

no, 3-4 night cruises (not just Empress but any ship doing short cruises) do not have a Captain's table. They are too busy. This was told to me by 2 different captains...so they had lunch with me in WJ instead. And sometimes on the longer cruises, they may designate a replacement host (staff captain, hotel director, etc).

MJ did when she was in PC.

JD and then Francoise Chevalier 

BTW, Serenade had most of the upper officers host a table on the recent TA. But no Pinnacles,  lots of new cruisers and maybe some Diamonds and D+

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, island lady said:

Robert Taggert is from Vancouver, indeed Canada, super nice guy enjoyed dinner with him one night.  Not sure who previous poster is talking about either.  🤔

Robert Taggart joined Serenade when we got to Amsterdam.  Kind of odd that he kept his door open all the time.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, wolfcathorse said:

you are incorrect. I was on the Empress 6/10 and was at the Captain’s table hosted by the hotel director. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:16 AM, Pumbaamd said:

We were on the 5/13 Ovation cruise and had dinner with Michael, and he was going on vacation after this cruise.

Ovation.JPG

Michael Rasmussen moved from Anthem to Ovation to replace him.

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Robert Taggart joined Serenade when we got to Amsterdam.  Kind of odd that he kept his door open all the time.

Adored the guy...very lively and very intelligent.  Was such a fun evening with him.  

Where is he now?  We will be doing Radiance Alaska B2B next year, was hoping to see him again.  I know he loved being able to go home every other week on those runs.  If Serenade is doing those round trips from Vancouver, that would be even more inviting for him I would think.  

19 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Taggart is one funny guy.🙂

We and two other couples were invited to Chops to dinner with him on Radiance Alaska a few years ago.  He kept us laughing through the whole evening, which ended up being over 2 hours.  Great fun!!  🙂  He really knows his music too!!