Do you bring any creature comforts?

calicakes

I do NOT pack lightly.  I must have my creature comforts, my pillow and my blanket.  I know, I know.  I just need it. 

However, I probably don't need my bottle of Torani sugar free caramel/vanilla or mocha syrup for my iced coffee.  I probably don't need a bag of pretzels for sea days at the pool.  I probably don't need real maple syrup for my pancakes, but I do bring those with me.    

What do you bring? 

Edited by calicakes
I forgot to hit the follow topic button.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I absolutely hear you and in recent years, I have become more dependent on comforts from home. I also bring my own pillow, as well as a light blanket, picture of my children (yes, they are grown...  😊 ), my own toiletries, my own hangers, Bible, and two thermal mugs - one for my iced water at night, and one for coffee.  We usually bring some salty snacks like Pringles or nuts, as well as chocolate bars.

12 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

Nothing, there is more than enough on board that satisfies us.😃

I wish I was low maintenance like that. I bring my Tervis Tumblers and Hydroflasks for water.  I also bring stainless straws for iced coffee and paper straws for frozen drinks. 

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I bring DH and conditioner.  Bringing pillows, blankets, chips etc take up space and weight better used for shoes 👠 😉

So you use the cruise lines shampoo?

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

My wife brings me. 

You think along the same lines as I do.  My wife comes with me.

If I need to have the stuff that I use at home  than I should just stay there. .   

It is an  adventure and you need to improvise and make do for a few days.   That is why when it ends we aren’t really  sad to be back home.   We are now in the comforts of home as we designed for our needs and wants.

The only thing that we ( wife and I ) miss is the chef, servers, BTs, and room attendant .  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Husky61 said:

Nothing, there is more than enough on board that satisfies us.😃

same here - I'd rather leave room in my suitcase for souviners... the food / toiletries / pillows..etc.. on the ship are more than adequate 

• Like 5

My own Dyson hairdryer, shampoo and conditioner, magnetic hooks and twine for hanging bathing suits and hand washables, beach bag, towel clips (not for saving loungers, but for holding towels), foldable storage cubes to make the over-the-bed cabinets usable.

• Like 2

No, my husband used to accuse me of overpacking.  These days, I pack light.  Extras, besides clothing, I bring magnetic hooks for bathsuits and towels, 2 blow up footstools for the balcony.

The only "extras" (other than clothes) I bring are always related to toiletries, technology, and air travel comfort.  I always bring a compact travel blanket and neck/head pillow for the plane, as we sometimes have a longer time in the air with transfers, etc. from Canada.  I have to have my own toiletries, for hair, skin, etc., as I don't want my routine disrupted, although my husband takes very little in that category and, instead, relies on the cruise products.   And I absolutely would never travel without a loaded IPad (books, downloaded shows, etc.), my old generation IPod (loaded with all my fav music - I could never replace that collection😄), and all corresponding chargers and headset.  We have learned that anything else we want (extra hangers, for example) is usually accessible on the cruise.  In the past, I have brought an insulated mug, but don't use it enough, so no more.  I would never bring food - OMG, there are  enough snacks on offer to satisfy any cravings!!  I am like an earlier poster:  my priorities are clothes, shoes, etc., and luggage weight restrictions are a challenge every trip!  I have been desperate enough to layer clothing on my body😜.  My brother, on the other hand, considers air travel and luggage restrictions a personal, interesting challenge.  He enjoys using a very high end backpack only, and he fills it with a few well-chosen, coordinated clothes and the minimum amount of toiletries, etc.  He doesn't ever check a bag, even if he's gone for weeks.  Not for me!!

There is sugar free syrup at Cafe Al Bacio. No reason to bring your own. I do bring more shoes than I need. Love shoes! As far as snacks, I always have cashews in my carry on for flights and airport waiting. If you ask for bar snacks you will be given some nice, crispy munchies at least at the inside bars on S class ships that I have been on.