Princess Needs to Follow Holland America Bathrooms

mcrcruiser

The newer (2016 )  Holland America  Koningsdam  bathroom(balcony)  has   a decent sized walk in glass shower with a metal foot rest & a removable shower head (not stationary) . The glass is also the new spot free type .Thus ,no spots after drying  .There is also a clothes line  Holland has gotten a lot of  praises  for their design of their cabins 

The 4  Soltice class ships of  Celebrity have convex  shower stalls  giving more room for a comfortable shower 

The showers on Princess ships are far too small  .Soap the walls & spin  is their design LOL

• Like 1

Aside from the surgeon who had a glass shower door shatter on his hand (?!), I would say that the vast majority of people would much prefer a shower door to a clinging curtain, especially in a shower as small as those on Princess.

• Like 11

All the other cruiselines I’ve been on have glass doors.  Far superior to that moldy, smelly shower curtain.  Those curtains smell rancid at least 75% of the time, at least to me, and I request to have a fresh one on those occasions.   

• Like 6

Our last 4 cruises have been on HAL's Pinnacle class ships - Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam.  They have great bathrooms with large glass showers.  We loved them.  Next year we have another Princess cruise booked,  and we are not looking forward to going back to the clingy shower curtain in the tiny shower. 

I am not sure that the "glass" wall of the new showers on HAL is actually glass.  I think it is more likely plexiglass.

The comment of a previous of poster that the Princess showers are "soap the walls" and spin caused a chuckle from this recent Coral Princess guest.  Had not considered that bathing technique!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

The cabin bathroom on the Nieuw Statendam was my favorite thing about the entire ship. Princess should consider bigger showers.

Agreed...sailed on  NS in January of this year and was thrilled with the bathrooms (and quality of the food). If HAL can provide this type of quality, so can Princess if they are motivated.

Edited by cheezenip

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

A larger shower with glass doors instead of the butt hugging shower curtain would be great. 

Assuming total cabin size does not increase, a larger shower will mean less space somewhere else in the cabin.

Which part of the cabin should be smaller so that the shower can be larger?

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

The comment of a previous of poster that the Princess showers are "soap the walls" and spin caused a chuckle from this recent Coral Princess guest.  Had not considered that bathing technique!

How could you miss it? It's a standard joke from almost every comedian on Princess.:classic_ninja:

6 hours ago, caribill said:

Assuming total cabin size does not increase, a larger shower will mean less space somewhere else in the cabin.

Which part of the cabin should be smaller so that the shower can be larger?

The balcony. :classic_biggrin: LOL

• Haha 1