Pens became pencils

Orator

It's nice for sketching ...very smooth ..  but not so great if you need a pen   or a pencil with a sharp point. Would not sign an invoice on board with it!

.  We have our own pens anyhow but enjoyed the nice silver pens!

16 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

The image in #8 is what we received and LOVED it ... much nicer than the plastic cheap pen.  It’s a high quality pencil (vs. the mini pencils you receive during Trivia, etc).  I embrace the change!

Where do you have to go to get it sharpened?  Did it come with a sharpener?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Presumably Guest Relations, although if in a Suite - I’m sure the Butler would arrange it 😉

Saying that - I used the pencil every single day on a 10N cruise and never had the need to be sharpened.   
#PencilFan

23 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

The image in #8 is what we received and LOVED it ... much nicer than the plastic cheap pen.  It’s a high quality pencil (vs. the mini pencils you receive during Trivia, etc).  I embrace the change!

Don't say how much you love it or Celebrity will take that away too !!!!!

(Love them too by the way)

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DUC950 said:

I'll made sure to bring one of my Celebrity pens that i got sailing with Celebrity in the 1990's.  Haven't sailed Celebrity since 2005 and am anxious to see the difference between now and then.  Sailing on the Equinox in March.

Be prepared!! The differences between 2005 and now will be overwhelming if you haven't sailed Celebrity in 15 years. 

• 2 weeks later...

So funny!  I was on the Equinox a few weeks ago and there were no pens or pencils in my cabin. I went to guest services to ask for one and I was told than I could borrow a pencil for a few minutes but they had no pens at all. Then, the guest services rep started to frantically search for her bic pen.  She realized the last guest walked away with it.   She frowned and said now I too have to use a pencil!  After a few minutes she was able to locate a pencil that I could use but I couldn’t take it away from her counter area because it was the only one she had!   I was shocked!  It was a great cruise but this left me feeling like wow! Cutbacks!  If this was done for environmental reasons guest services should explain that!  I heard several other guest complaining about the lack of pens. 
it’s certainly not a big deal but free pens with celebrity written on them are inexpensive marketing tools. 
I will make sure to bring my NCL pens on my next sailing😎

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2020 at 10:20 PM, Firepath said:

I took home a pen from a NCL cruise and people ask me about it all the time. Seems like it would be a low cost advertisement for them and they’d want to keep it available. I guess I thought that was the whole point of a pen with a company name on it.

I believe that is the point of pens with company names on them.  Celebrity doesn't seem to get it.  I'll have to search around for some of my silver ones from back in the day.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Even the concierge class cabins had personalized stationery.

Ha. Interesting. How about business cards? I remember getting personalized business cards in our last suite many years ago. 

On 1/25/2020 at 2:19 PM, kenevenpar said:

Please tell me they haven't taken away half & half.  We had the hardest time getting said cream on sister line RCCL last month.

So, I will assume you have a 'pen'chant for half & half, eh? Get it? 😎

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

We were in a Sky Suite on a B2B on mast month Solstice and received a pencil on the first leg.  We do the sudoku's and love the pencil.  On the 2nd leg we got an actual, nice Celebrity pen.  Happy with either, but really think the pencil is a great idea.

Sooooo, do they supply a pencil sharpener too, or do you need to bring your own? Maybe they could mount one on the wall ( recalling my school days) by the elevators...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mom says said:

Sooooo, do they supply a pencil sharpener too, or do you need to bring your own? Maybe they could mount one on the wall ( recalling my school days) by the elevators...

You might be creating a new breed of "pencil sharpener hogs".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/26/2020 at 1:05 PM, Barwick Cruiser said:

I went to Guest Relations on IN...no sharpener. Wrote a note to HD re sharpener...Ignored. Asked Room Steward for sharpener...nope. Asked for a new pencil...now I have a collection of flat tip pencils.

Edited by CruiseJudicious
forgot a line
  • Like 2