Silhouette "edgification"?

39august

Please tell us about the Silhoutte now that she has been redone. Did they do away with the giant rockers and the chairs that didn't fit under the desk in the suites? Did they chop up the Sky Lounge?  IS there a Retreat with any water feature or bar?  Is the library still intact? How is the Craft Social? Inquiring minds want to know. 

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Please tell us about the Silhoutte now that she has been redone. Did they do away with the giant rockers and the chairs that didn't fit under the desk in the suites? Did they chop up the Sky Lounge?  IS there a Retreat with any water feature or bar?  Is the library still intact? How is the Craft Social? Inquiring minds want to know. 

Do you know what cabins the desk chair didn’t fit on the Edge?  The rockers are long gone in the Sky Suites on Edge.

21 minutes ago, 39august said:

I believe those desk chairs were in the Sky Suites on Edge. Thanks for all the answers. This all seems to bode well for the rest of the S class refits.

It wasn’t a problem in the Sky Suites or IVs. I think it was in a few upper suites.

11 hours ago, groryjm said:

And the RS

1276226122_RSBedTV.jpg.d68a80de4f3cb3915f8c7970744aa75c.jpg

996497932_RSBed.jpg.dec9f08791d0409179b1505459f1d8c2.jpg

666537115_RSDining.jpg.f36348f4f85ac99f88461210609eaf72.jpg

667063877_RSTV.thumb.jpg.60c462a9b7240ef22a0d2a44d0c5e528.jpg

Now the Porch looks nice as it is enclosed.

Unlike the Magic Carpet which ranged from Windy to Very Very Windy.

In retrospect it looks like they took most of the positives and left most of the negative Edge ideas behind.

I was truly concerned about the Edgification (negative in my perspective)  but it seems like they took most of the best and left behind the worst.

Now seeing all of the way down to the 5th flower or lower from the buffet elevators is pure grandioseness.  Not available on  E class.  

Edited by NMTraveller

1 hour ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We are on the Edge at the moment travelling back to FLL and I can attest that the seating at the Edge sunset bar is the worst I have experienced on any ship.

Hope you are enjoying!

Looking forward to your next review...

2 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

We are on the Edge at the moment travelling back to FLL and I can attest that the seating at the Edge sunset bar is the worst I have experienced on any ship.

Agree! Sunset bar seating was one of the very few things we didn’t like on Edge.

Form over function... looks good but really uncomfortable.

Such a relief, hearing the positives and that we won’t lose the Sky Lounge or library on the beautiful Solstice class ships. I love them and have always felt all they needed was a brush up.

We’re  about to cruise New Zealand on Solstice, the first cruise on her, after two cruises on the beautiful Eclipse, which is well and truly ready for a refurb. I’m so relieved to know she won’t be spoilt. 

• Like 1

Nice to see that the dead tree has been replaced with a live one and that they kept the library.  The pics of the RS look really nice.  It seemed like the new carpeting goes right up to the door where as the "old" decor had a marble tile entry way.  I wonder how the balcony furniture/jetted tub looks?  

Overall looks like some very nice updates.  Silhouette is my favorite ship and I was worried about how the refurb might impact that.  I know Cellar Masters has been replaced, which is a shame IMO.

Appreciate all the pics...OP, thanks for asking the question!