Will Allure be AMPED?

8 minutes ago, astangenes said:

Its just announced that Spain expect to open for International tourists during July:

The prime minister encouraged Spaniards to start planning their vacations, and said that from July, foreign tourism would return to Spain “in safe conditions.” He pointed to the fact that Spain usually receives more than 80 million foreign visitors a year. “From now, foreign tourists can plan their vacations in our country," he added.

“We will guarantee that tourists will not run any risks and they will not bring us any risks,” he continued. “There will be no opposing forces between health and business. Spanish tourism will now have two hallmarks: environmental sustainability and health safety,” he stated.

https://english.elpais.com/politics/2020-05-23/spanish-pm-foreign-tourists-will-be-able-to-return-to-spain-from-july.html?fbclid=IwAR0WaR5wt1We8yFIh3xCDmkqQnLTpxial6srHIGU30ry2UlzfCwn54lJQAw

Guarantee? I'm not sure if that is funny or sad but it does sound like typical political rhetoric.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Might be limited to Europeans...

steamboats

I would say Shengen + select countries from Asia maybe. Should be enough to fill the 1-2 ships that we might see cruising on the Med at least with loads allowing RCL to test the new "normal".

5 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

I would say Shengen + select countries from Asia maybe. Should be enough to fill the 1-2 ships that we might see cruising on the Med at least with loads allowing RCL to test the new "normal".

Why non Eu countries only

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Guarantee? I'm not sure if that is funny or sad but it does sound like typical political rhetoric.

Tourism forms a big chunk of the Spanish economy and they are keen to Kickstart this.

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Tourism forms a big chunk of the Spanish economy and they are keen to Kickstart this.

The only way the Spanish can guarentee that tourist will have no risk or bring any risk to the country is to have no tourism. The word "guarentee" is one that I never use with my patients and rarely with anyone else. Mostly the only things that are guarenteed are those that have happened in the past.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

The Shengen countries include most EU countries.

26 are and 16 aren't

Just find Shengen a strange reference to cruising. You could have said, Europe except UK.

I think a lot of changes will be on the way as the ships will follow the money. A lot of poverty has been created with C-19.

In Uk if you are furloughed you get 80% of your wages. Not sure what the rest of Europe are getting.

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just saw posted on the Blog site that the value of the drydock was listed at 16 million euros. If that’s all then it would appear that they are just doing the required mechanical work and nothing from the amplification. 

One of the reports stated the number 1 repair was the azipod. Wonder how much that will cost. The blades were on the heli deck during the Ta. They will get a fair bit done for 16 mill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

The only way the Spanish can guarentee that tourist will have no risk or bring any risk to the country is to have no tourism. The word "guarentee" is one that I never use with my patients and rarely with anyone else. Mostly the only things that are guarenteed are those that have happened in the past.

I agree and I am surprised the Spanish used the word guarantee.

4 hours ago, bigeck said:

26 are and 16 aren't

Just find Shengen a strange reference to cruising. You could have said, Europe except UK.

I think a lot of changes will be on the way as the ships will follow the money. A lot of poverty has been created with C-19.

In Uk if you are furloughed you get 80% of your wages. Not sure what the rest of Europe are getting.

Switzerland (MSC and Viking headquarters) and Norway and Iceland are Schengen agreement countries and could use the Schengen visa program to control who can sail on cruise ships departing from or visiting a Schengen port. The most important part of the Schengen visa is that international travelers are required to prove they have health insurance while traveling. 

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I agree and I am surprised the Spanish used the word guarantee

Is it possible it was improperly translated?  I can't believe any country would use guarantee.

Good to see Allure in Dry dock.  The scope of work should be determined by now and I wish Royal would step up and announce what they will accomplish on her

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Good to see Allure in Dry dock.  The scope of work should be determined by now and I wish Royal would step up and announce what they will accomplish on her

It’s not much as there was a report that it’s 16m euros which is 10 - 15% Of the initial Amplification.  It appears that very little beyond azipod repair and required mechanical work will be completed. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Will Barcelona now allow cruiseships, It Will Be fantastic if This happen. Can t wait.

Nope, not yet... June 7th is the latest date given by the Spanish authorities...

steamboats

5 hours ago, zonacruiser25 said:

Is it possible it was improperly translated?  I can't believe any country would use guarantee.

I understand they are just fixing Allures azipods and doing the mandatory dry dock servicing.

It is quite possible the translation could be wrong.

The Spanish Balearic Islands and Canary Islands are quite safe but Madrid and Barcelona on the mainland are still not safe but the Spanish were incredibly strict with their lockdown and their hospitals were overwhelmed so I think they will want to be careful.

6 hours ago, little britain said:

Has there been any specific announcement re cruises that you have seen? 

Check the weekly round-up here.

steamboats

who was just reminded that we boarded the Allure today in Barcelona 5 years ago...

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Didnt you leave Eu

Typo.

I just don't see Royal stating Shengen member countries only.

Like saying ships from Southampton will be for Uk citizens only

Not going to happen. Money talks and Royal will need money when it starts up again 

1 minute ago, bigeck said:

Typo.

I just don't see Royal stating Shengen member countries only.

Like saying ships from Southampton will be for Uk citizens only

Not going to happen. Money talks and Royal will need money when it starts up again 

Just remember that Royal have said they only need 30% occupancy on newer ships to break even

• Like 1