Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Having grown up in Buffalo, where wings were "invented", I can offer 2 pieces of advice when eating wings.

1. Don't use a napkin until you're done eating.  Allow you hands and face to be covered in sauce.  If you try to keep your hands and face clean while eating, you will use a LOT of napkins.

2. Don't drink beer (or your beverage of choice) until you're done eating.  If you're trying to use the beverage to tame the hot sauce, it won't help much (unless you're drinking milk).  You'll just end up drinking more.

Disagree I need lots of beer and napkins when eating hot Buffalo wings , there is one  place I went that I needed a entire beer just to eat one wing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

I guess if a new user shows up talking about BGE and motorcycles, will give him away.

Yeah there was a new user a few days ago saying how much they loved our governor and I thought it was someone else reincarnated  but he said it's not him😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Yeah there was a new user a few days ago saying how much they loved our governor and I thought it was someone else reincarnated  but he said it's not him😇

LOL...that is what he said the first time he reinvented himself.  I kept calling him "Troy" as others also did, but he kept claiming "Fake News".  😉 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

So international travel yesterday for my birthday.  We had a huge Sunday roast in a Thai restaurant in Spain (only about 20 mins away).  Forgot to take a picture of it, but it was lunch and I didn’t eat any supper .  We only had to wear masks when walking in the restaurant.  

Our restrictions are loosening.  We can have live music now, we only need to wear masks in shops and churches.  Not limitations on the number of people booked for parties at restaurant tables.  

I will still have to wear a mask at work which is a pain because my job is a speech pathologist working with children with speech disorders.  Not easy to do with a mask on.  Fingers crossed we won’t have another wave.  BE58EB73-7DB5-4F5B-BFF5-07F038DC6009.thumb.jpeg.761f7a9c95b03be9b19aaa8a3fe1903d.jpeg

Happy belated birthday. Glad restrictions are beginning to loosen up.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Those wings look amazing.

My dilemma -- I like wings, and DH insists that they should only be eaten with your hands, which I kind of, to put it mildly, strongly dislike....😉

Isn’t it hard to eat wings with a fork?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

Isn’t it hard to eat wings with a fork?

.... and a knife....

yes, it is -- I try to cut as much meat from the bones as I can, in order to minimize the time I'll need to actually eat with my bare hands....

Besides, "our" wings are slightly different from "yours" -- we get the whole wing.... I'll post a pic next time DH will do his magic 😁

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

.... and a knife....

yes, it is -- I try to cut as much meat from the bones as I can, in order to minimize the time I'll need to actually eat with my bare hands....

Besides, "our" wings are slightly different from "yours" -- we get the whole wing.... I'll post a pic next time DH will do his magic 😁

Yes, I was thinking a knife also. I remember when we were kids and were at KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) we saw a lady eating chicken with a fork and knife. We thought it was so funny. As a kids we hadn’t seen that before. 🍗

• Haha 1

Andrew,

I would have bought that Mercedes but the car would not stand a chance on the roads in RI.  '

Those potatoes looked delicious, I could help Owen out if he wasn't up to the task.

Lionnesss,

Congrats on getting your home decorating finished.  I would to hire some help to get all that crystal cleaned.  Best of luck with the upcoming wedding!

Bobmacliberty,

What a mess.  I am so paranoid when I break a glass.  This looks like a nightmare!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I hope that your high vaccination rate, even if it is only adults, will greatly limit further spread.  I have not seen recent data (maybe you have some?) about how well the vaccines prevent transmission between people in addition to preventing/limiting the disease.   I remember that the initial results were encouraging.

The vaccines WORK. We went from 10.000 new cases a day, to 35-140 cases a day.

Hospital's Covid departments are closing down (1200 hospitalized v. 200 now, the vast majority non-vaccinated people). Every thing is open again.

No scientifically data regarding above. Only the numbers speak

As I've mentioned before, what worries me is 1) that now, without masks "outside", people forget to put them again "inside". Telling someone the put the mask, or worse, to put it correctly over the nose, is not received peacefully....

2) The airport was and is again a major risky entrance to variants. 7 new cases of the "Indian" were discovered a few days ago. Scientists don't know much about this one.

3) In order to get back to the swimming pool (after it was closed for almost 6 months), I had to show on my mobile an app. attesting to the fact that I'm 2 weeks after my 2nd shot. It took a couple of days to "inventive" people to produce a "fake" app.

I hope to be wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Having grown up in Buffalo, where wings were "invented", I can offer 2 pieces of advice when eating wings.

1. Don't use a napkin until you're done eating.  Allow you hands and face to be covered in sauce.  If you try to keep your hands and face clean while eating, you will use a LOT of napkins.

2. Don't drink beer (or your beverage of choice) until you're done eating.  If you're trying to use the beverage to tame the hot sauce, it won't help much (unless you're drinking milk).  You'll just end up drinking more.

Their napkins not mine. 🤣 Gotta keep the mustache and hands clean. 

Drinking more beer is good. I'll bet the Anchor bar would agree with me serving drinks and wings.🍻🤣

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Their napkins not mine. 🤣 Gotta keep the mustache and hands clean. 

Drinking more beer is good. I'll bet the Anchor bar would agree with me serving drinks and wings.🍻🤣

Found a better place than anchor, Bar-Bill in a small town called east aurora a few miles from Buffalo, we have been going there for a few years, during a pregame show the Buffalo Bills QB said it was his favorite place, it was really crowded before now it must be worse, but great wings and beef on wick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Found a better place than anchor, Bar-Bill in a small town called east aurora a few miles from Buffalo, we have been going there for a few years, during a pregame show the Buffalo Bills QB said it was his favorite place, it was really crowded before now it must be worse, but great wings and beef on wick.

Isn't it beef on weck 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa
Wrong Emoji
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

We go to a Joe’s pizza in Carrollton a few blocks from our house, we have a good friend from Plano who runs a upscale Italian restaurant in Carrollton called Amici’s great food, I also worked in wall st area from late 1960’s to late 70’s.

We live in Carrollton too, about 2 blocks from Plano.  Small world, right? We lived in Plano for 15 years before downsizing to Carrollton. I have to look up Joe's Pizza and Amici's.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Spent the last 4 hours sealing and stamping wedding invitations. Mailed. 

Congrats 🌷.

I know from our DS wedding, it was such an emotional experience sending out wedding invitations.

We were not sure how the [snail] mail will work, drove around and just put it in the invitees' mail boxes...

Small wedding, we were "allowed" only 7 couples of friends.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We live in Carrollton too, about 2 blocks from Plano.  Small world, right? We lived in Plano for 15 years before downsizing to Carrollton. I have to look up Joe's Pizza and Amici's.

Get a reservation just in case if you try amici’s, owner chef is a Italian from New York who has been in Dallas for a long time amici’s has been there for 30 years in downtown Carrollton. 

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

So invigerating. Street fairs, museums, theater, shopping, Central Park, food, food, food.  I grew up in Lower Manhattan. I'll always be a NYer.

I have a friend who moved from Brooklyn to San Antonio ,TX. And then to Vegas to retire,He moved into a retirement community in a suburb of Las Vegas and much to his surprise found 5 couples living there from Brooklyn.Four of the Five went to the same high school as him and graduated in the same year.They never knew each other in Brooklyn.

• Like 1