Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I don't recommend Dolphin Encounters anymore, some people think it is cruel to keep the Dolphins  in pens and having people touching them and riding them.

They are incredibly intelligent beings. Penning them is probably not much different than removing a human from its family and locking him away somewhere. It doesn't matter how "well" they may be taken care of. The same is true with Orcas. They would be left alone, and these places would not exist, if people did not throw money at them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Time for another road trip to Houston.  Some of you may remember last December I went to pick up my step daughter who had suffered several professional and personal setbacks, in additional to the whole situation with her mother.  She wanted a 1-2 month break to figure things out.  At the time, I posted I had a great road trip but the next time I do it, I'd be sad as that means I'm taking her back to H-town.

So I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the 25 hour drive.

Except, after a 7 month break, she decided it was time to close that chapter of her life & come back to NY full time. At least for the foreseeable future.  Heading down there to help clean out her storage unit, dispose of stuff, give stuff away & pack the car.  Probably spend at least 7-10 days down there, enjoy some of the fine BBQ & TexMex food. Might try to take in an Astro-Red Sox game.  Not sure who to root against in that one!! 😄 Just kidding, always root against the Rex Sox,

Not looking forward to the heat and humidity although it looks like Houston will escape the triple-digit heart.  Only high 90's with a "feel like" of 102! Looking forward to cheap gas and of course, Buc'ees!

• Like 21

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

Time for another road trip to Houston.  Some of you may remember last December I went to pick up my step daughter who had suffered several professional and personal setbacks, in additional to the whole situation with her mother.  She wanted a 1-2 month break to figure things out.  At the time, I posted I had a great road trip but the next time I do it, I'd be sad as that means I'm taking her back to H-town.

Except, after a 7 month break, she decided it was time to close that chapter of her life & come back to NY full time. At least for the foreseeable future.  Heading down there to help clean out her storage unit, dispose of stuff, give stuff away & pack the car.  Probably spend at least 7-10 days down there, enjoy some of the fine BBQ & TexMex food. Might try to take in an Astro-Red Sox game.  Not sure who to root against in that one!! 😄 Just kidding, always root against the Rex Sox,

Not looking forward to the heat and humidity although it looks like Houston will escape the triple-digit heart.  Only high 90's with a "feel like" of 102! Looking forward to cheap gas and of course, Buc'ees!

I love Houston.I had good friends living there.The last time I was there was 2007.I toured the underground stores ,went to the Johnson Space Center and to many great restaurants.Enjoy your time there.

• Thanks 1

There is a highway sign that my wife passes going to work showing the mega lottery is worth , problem is sign has just 9 digits and lottery is now over a billion so it now shows 999,999,999. Got to buy a couple more tickets.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Graham- You are a very good husband!

🤗🤗to Pauline and you.

@HBE4 You are a very good step-father!

Wishing you and your step daughter a safe round trip to Houston -NY . Also wish her good luck in settling into NY. 👍

Bonnie- Great news about the walker and even better about lack of pain and a good night’s sleep!

Cheers everyone !

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That is great that she has decided to move back to NY full time, for now.   Have an awesome road trip😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are incredibly intelligent beings. Penning them is probably not much different than removing a human from its family and locking him away somewhere. It doesn't matter how "well" they may be taken care of. The same is true with Orcas. They would be left alone, and these places would not exist, if people did not throw money at them.

Thats why I will never do a dolphin encounter. As much as I would like to touch it does not feel right. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@HBE4 You are a very good step-father!

Wishing you and your step daughter a safe round trip to Houston -NY . Also wish her good luck in settling into NY. 👍

Thank You!  I always refer to her as my step-daughter as there is only a 18 year age difference ( her mother is 5 years older than me & married young the first time) and often people don't see the age difference right away. I guess I look a few years younger than I am so people don't believe me at first when I introduce her as my daughter.

But I have know her since she was 4 & married her mother when she was 12 so she is very much my own daughter & she always refers to me as her father who raised her.

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That is great that she has decided to move back to NY full time, for now.   Have an awesome road trip😀

Thank you. And you have a great time celebrating tonight & good luck at the new gig Monday. Not that you need any luck as I'm sure you'll be a success!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Have a safe trip.

Might try to take in an Astro-Red Sox game.  Not sure who to root against in that one!! 😄 Just kidding, always root against the Red Sox.

You've got that right..... LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Bonnie.

I tried to make Roy's memory special for Pauline.

IMG-20220729-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220729_155405.jpg

IMG_20220729_155748.jpg

I se you eat your scones like I do. 
Jam goes on first, then the cream. 
I wish I had one right now. 

• Like 5

Lottery.

I only do scratch offs, but that amount of money one could win is unbelievable on that Mega Million as well as the chances of winning it.

So I did what any gambler would do.

I went to the store and when it was my turn I ask for $20 dollars of chances for that big lottery,

I got two tickets full of numbers.

You figure someone somewhere is going to win.

Best of luck to all who bought tickets.

Take care

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Lottery.

I only do scratch offs, but that amount of money one could win is unbelievable on that Mega Million as well as the chances of winning it.

I went to the store and when it was my turn I ask for $20 dollars of chances for that big lottery,

Take care

I will say Congratulations in advance! You have very good luck and you will be a winner of something!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Lottery.

Take care

If anyone on this thread is going to win, it will be you!

• Like 2