Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@h20skibum Mark, good for you that you retain your sense of humor. Even "black humor" helps. I'm keeping your daughter, grands and all your family in my thoughts.

@Luckynana Maryann, sorry to read about Ryan's diagnosis, but encouraged by the positive stories posted here by our friends.

@Jimbo Jim, what a dreadful period of mourning you went through. My deepest sympathy.

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, glad you're enjoying the visiting family to the fullest.

@sgmn Sue, hoping for happy news any day now 🌷

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

That week we'll probably do Paradise Beach Club in Cozumel.  Doing the Bar Hop the week before. You should have heard my kid when I told him there's an actual excursion where they take you around in a bus to different bars! It's a 20-something's dream tour! LOL

In Costa Maya we'll likely do Maya Chan.  I like getting my puppy-dog fix on a cruise!  LOL  

Roatan that week will probably be West Bay Beach for swimming and snorkeling (and drinking, for the kids).  Probably going to take them to Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout the first week for sloth hugs and snorkeling.

We like Paradise Beach a lot, though it tends to get crowded sometimes when there are many ships in port. Cleanest bathrooms in Cozumel!

• Like 2

Brillo, no it (your review thread if you do one of now I am here now I am there) would be a fun thread to read. I like reading all review threads, although I get a bit bored and then skip posts and move on if it gets too much of an involved "TMI" kind of 🤣😁 ya know!  But all's good.

Thanks for the Maya Chan pics. I have been to CM gazillion times but never ventured to Maya Chan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@h20skibum Mark, good for you that you retain your sense of humor. Even "black humor" helps. I'm keeping your daughter, grands and all your family in my thoughts.

@Luckynana Maryann, sorry to read about Ryan's diagnosis, but encouraged by the positive stories posted here by our friends.

@Jimbo Jim, what a dreadful period of mourning you went through. My deepest sympathy.

@BonTexasNY Bonnie, glad you're enjoying the visiting family to the fullest.

@sgmn Sue, hoping for happy news any day now 🌷

+1 🙏

• Like 1

@ReneeFLL if you haven’t been to the  Crown Sydney at Barangaroo on previous visits, they now have a FREE observation deck (Sky Deck) on the 83rd floor.  I had to cancel my booking a few months back due to the vertigo so haven’t been up there yet but it offers a 30min guided tour with views over Sydney Harbour, Bridge & Opera House.  Bookings must be made online in advance. Not sure how long you are in Sydney for (it is closed on Thursdays & Fridays & public holidays)

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The Monin stuff is fantastic.

I make frozen drinks all the time at home. It takes a little getting used to but the key is letting is blend enough so that's it a smoothie without ice chunks. Poor excuse on the bartender. He just didn't blend it long enough.

When our CA grandson was here this summer, I was making frozen drinks every night.  Non-alcoholic for him naturally, although he did discover he didn’t like kraken.  One night he had finished his frozen drink, and saw I still had some in my glass, so he picked it up and took a big sip. “Ahhhh, what is that?” He said. I have been known to have a generous pour!

7 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

That’s our go-to in Cozumel, too. Still deciding on Costa Maya & Roatan. I’d like to hold a sloth.

I held a sloth in Columbia, and got some grief from some on CC about animal cruelty.  

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I can highly recommend Daniel Johnson's Monkey and Sloth Hangout in Roatan.    I've done the animals plus snorkeling there twice.  

I swear, Sid the Sloth will actually POSE for pictures while you're holding him!  

I assume they probably named Sid after the Ice Age character.   We watched those movies several times this summer.  By the way, those movies are humorous, even for adults. 

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

God luck to Owen.

I am hoping your weather cooperates and all are safe.

Here in Ohio we are supposed to be in the low 90s with high humidity.

Just wondering what your weather will be like north of the border?

We will take it. If they win the first game they have a second to follow. 

As for the temperature it will be 82F and feels like 91F.  Sunny with gust of 17mph. 

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We are taking both GTO's to a car cruise in as a fund raiser for the Fowler Historical Society, about 5 miles north of where we live.

I am fortunate my GTO has air and the Spouse's GTO is just windows.  He is going to be sweating his ***** off getting there.

Enjoy the show and have fun. You will be chilled and you hubby will have a solid case of what we from Power Tour call “swamp a$$”.  Nothing like hot sun, humidity and vinyl seats. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Everyone who knows me have been stunned that I needed anxiety meds as they all keep telling me I am the calmest and unruffled person but intense stress can show up in weird ways.

I had a boss once who said that I was like a duck...calm and floating along above the surface but kicking like crazy below the surface.  For me, stress showed up as hypertension.  Retirement does wonderful things for stress!

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I use Monin Peach puree.  They also have the smoothie syrup but I prefer the puree.  Making them has helped me keep my weight down. 

Linda really likes the Skinny Syrups as they are sugar free and taste great for cocktails and such. They would work well for keeping your weight down.

https://www.skinnymixes.com/collections/skinny-syrups/products/sugar-free-peach-syrup

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We are doing okay.   Thanks for asking.   After getting through all the additional testing last week, and getting things coordinated between the five hospitals involved with the tests, she is scheduled to start treatments tomorrow. 

Given the long wait times on hold, and the difficulty in getting tests scheduled, you would thinK that Royal was handling their phone lines.

I will be thinking of her and you during this time. Good luck with the treatments and I hope everything goes smoothly.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Brillo, no it (your review thread if you do one of now I am here now I am there) would be a fun thread to read. I like reading all review threads, although I get a bit bored and then skip posts and move on if it gets too much of an involved "TMI" kind of 🤣😁 ya know!  But all's good.

I think it would be neat to do the tandem "Live...... from ALLURE!" review thread with @Ozark_Kid.... two totally different perspectives of the same exact cruise at the same time.  

And of course we'll have to tag @Ocean Boy constantly to rub in the fact that we're on Allure and he's not!  (Yes, I know I'm a witch, no need to point it out!)

51 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Thanks for the Maya Chan pics. I have been to CM gazillion times but never ventured to Maya Chan.

You're very welcome.  If you're looking for lots of concrete and fancy furnishings, this isn't the place!  But if you really want to feel like you're in an island paradise miles from civilization (it kinda makes me think of Gilligan's Island, with the thatched palapas made of local wood versus milled lumber), you can't beat it... especially since, unlike Gilligan's Island, they have constant drink service and a massage hut!

• Like 6

I’ve been out of the loop the past few days.  Since we got home from FL very late Wednesday night I haven’t felt great.  Very tired, slightly achey and not much appetite.  Two negative C19 tests so it must be just a “bug” I picked up traveling. 
Anyhoo, been catching up on laundry but it’s all basically going right back in the suitcases since we head back to Disney next Sunday with our middle DD, SIL and two GDD’s.  Flying this time though. 
Bon voyage to @Sunshine3601and @DaniDanielle!  So exciting you’re finally getting to meet.  I hope you’ll share some pictures here. 
@A&L_Ontgood luck to Owen & his team. He must be very happy to be back playing ball. 
@aussielozzie18keep those beautiful photos coming!

@h20skibumthinking of you and your family as your daughter starts treatment tomorrow. 
@GeorgeCI hope your test results are good. 

During our two night stay at Margaritaville Hollywood last week with the grandsons, the flowrider was the hit of the vacation.  When I told them some cruise ships have flowriders they both asked if we’d take them on a cruise when we have them next summer.  I have a feeling it would cost less than the week we just spent with them - they eat nonstop! ( perfect for a cruise)A08A26DB-0745-4395-8CAF-4A796FE127EC.thumb.jpeg.71527fe79311a086101b736fff83c890.jpegC5320CBF-78F6-48D3-B3F7-72E10E3F2FB5.thumb.jpeg.38e3270d4f078089cba0d87d92ea6994.jpeg071CE899-F6FB-4668-B50C-C00BB7D2DA85.thumb.jpeg.05ec5f50310e50cb2b33406c3996bf18.jpegF5B8E2C1-9530-4A47-B3D0-E009C0CF13B2.thumb.jpeg.8861404fa0e93be323417af8d64a311c.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

During our two night stay at Margaritaville Hollywood last week with the grandsons, the flowrider was the hit of the vacation.  

Was that their first time on a Flowrider?  Looks like they picked it up very quickly.  Impressive.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve been out of the loop the past few days.  Since we got home from FL very late Wednesday night I haven’t felt great.  Very tired, slightly achey and not much appetite.  Two negative C19 tests so it must be just a “bug” I picked up traveling. 
Anyhoo, been catching up on laundry but it’s all basically going right back in the suitcases since we head back to Disney next Sunday with our middle DD, SIL and two GDD’s.  Flying this time though. 
Bon voyage to @Sunshine3601and @DaniDanielle!  So exciting you’re finally getting to meet.  I hope you’ll share some pictures here. 
@A&L_Ontgood luck to Owen & his team. He must be very happy to be back playing ball. 
@aussielozzie18keep those beautiful photos coming!

@h20skibumthinking of you and your family as your daughter starts treatment tomorrow. 
@GeorgeCI hope your test results are good. 

During our two night stay at Margaritaville Hollywood last week with the grandsons, the flowrider was the hit of the vacation.  A08A26DB-0745-4395-8CAF-4A796FE127EC.thumb.jpeg.71527fe79311a086101b736fff83c890.jpegC5320CBF-78F6-48D3-B3F7-72E10E3F2FB5.thumb.jpeg.38e3270d4f078089cba0d87d92ea6994.jpeg071CE899-F6FB-4668-B50C-C00BB7D2DA85.thumb.jpeg.05ec5f50310e50cb2b33406c3996bf18.jpegF5B8E2C1-9530-4A47-B3D0-E009C0CF13B2.thumb.jpeg.8861404fa0e93be323417af8d64a311c.jpeg

Your grandsons have got some skills.  We used to say that boys that age that never stopped eating had hollow legs.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1