Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm scared. 4th mild earthquake in the last 2 days. And as I was writing, another one... 

Missiles? Rockets? I've "dealt" with them before... kind of "known material"....

As our apartment is at the 5th floor, I'm very afraid of being trapped. Long time fear of finding myself in a constructed and narrow place, without being able to move. And we experience very cold days and nights, the coldest from the beginning of the winter.

DH has decided to hang a weight from the lamp, so that we'll KNOW for sure if it's indeed an earthquake... Reassuring? Not so much....

image.thumb.jpeg.c6c02dbdc58046b9c8665ed22e7d57eb.jpeg

Not knowing if or when they are coming has got to be tough on the nerves.  Prayers for you they are all over or at least very soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm scared. 4th mild earthquake in the last 2 days. And as I was writing, another one... 

Missiles? Rockets? I've "dealt" with them before... kind of "known material"....

As our apartment is at the 5th floor, I'm very afraid of being trapped. Long time fear of finding myself in a constructed and narrow place, without being able to move. And we experience very cold days and nights, the coldest from the beginning of the winter.

DH has decided to hang a weight from the lamp, so that we'll KNOW for sure if it's indeed an earthquake... Reassuring? Not so much....

Dani, I pray for the tremors to subside and for you & hubby to have calm and peace in your hearts.  Hugs to you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I can't even imagine how frightening this must be for you, Dani.  Prayers for you and your family.🙏((hugs))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Dani, I’m so sorry those mild earthquakes are continuing. I will continue to keep you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏🏻  Take care 😘

• Thanks 1

Dani , I wish you and your family peace and safety .  All that is going on in your country must be so worrisome for you . I hope , you are able to get some rest .  

• Thanks 1

I think missiles sound much scarier than earthquakes. That said, repeated small earthquakes are a little nerve-wracking, because you never know if they are the beginning of a larger one. I hope they subside quickly where you are Dani. ☺️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think missiles sound much scarier than earthquakes.

The huge difference is that we get an alert for missiles [between 60 and 90 seconds], which, believe me, it's a lot

Those who live near the border have only 15 seconds....

Our in house shelter is built to withstand all but a direct hit to our apartment. When hostilities start, we have water, food, batteries and a bag with our IDs, passports, money and jewelry at the ready.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The huge difference is that we get an alert for missiles [between 60 and 90 seconds], which, believe me, it's a lot

Our in house shelter is built to withstand all but a direct hit to our apartment. When hostilities start, we have water, food, batteries and a bag with our IDs, passports, money and jewelry at the ready.

That would be helpful. But still scary. I have never been in an area with missiles or bombs. There are earthquake alerts for cell phones. 10-60 seconds warning. https://www.makeuseof.com/best-iphone-apps-for-earthquake-alerts-and-tracking/

My Shake won't help, because it is only for the West coast, but you might be able to google ones that are available for your location. Again, not much warning, but still a little bit. Many structures here, have been reinforced for shaking. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm so sorry that you have to live like this in today's world, Dani.😔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Honestly Dani, I don't know how you do it. I realize that is home for you. However, I would grab that bag with IDs, passports, money, and jewelry and move. We may have our issue as a country but I think I speak for everyone when I say we would welcome you to the U.S.  Just say'n. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Honestly Dani, I don't know how you do it. I realize that is home for you. However, I would grab that bag with IDs, passports, money, and jewelry and move. We may have our issue as a country but I think I speak for everyone when I say we would welcome you to the U.S.  Just say'n. 

Or Canada.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

🙏 prayers to you and your family to remain safe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1