January 2021 Cruising

ladyjane550

I don't have a Jan. 2021 cruise booked but we did lift and shift our March 2021 to the following year because of Covid uncertainty.  However, I do think some ships will be sailing by January so it will be a matter of individual comfort level as to whether or not people sail.

We cancelled our South America cruise that was to sail on 1/31/21, and booked the Reflection 1/25 & 2/5 in the Caribbean.

Still have a booking for 10/17/20 on the Summit, but waiting for Celebrity to cancel that cruise so we can use the FCC later.

We intend to cancel our Connie January 2021 sailing. Just trying to find the right option to switch to. Probably not going to lift and shift because I don’t want to sail Connie if she’s not getting the revolution upgrades. Looking at a december 2021 on edge instead. Figure we have a bit of time to figure it out still. But we’ll see. 

We have a Jan 2021 Caribbean cruise booked on HAL. Final payment is not until October, so we aren’t under any time pressure to act right now, but I don’t see us making final payment if HAL hasn’t cancelled the cruise by then. 

We have a B2B Jan 4/Jan 15 booked on the Reflection.  Haven’t cancelled yet, but am considering.   Looked up pricing on both recently and they were way above our purchase price.  The Jan 4 one, showed only OV cabins available, so looks like we may have a full ship, or that Celebrity is blocking rooms in prep of limited passengers.  Who knows ... will make final decision in Sep.

57 minutes ago, ladyjane550 said:

How many are people are cancelling their January 2021 cruise due to covid 19?

Why are you asking?  I really see no difference in Dec 2020 or Jan 2021 or any other month in terms of cancelling.  We just need to make decisions once new cruise schedules are announced after the return to cruising happens whenever that is.  Information will drive my decisions anyway.

Although we cancelled our Oct/20 cruise, we are still holding our Jan/Feb reservations. We will decide at the time that full payment is due.  Usually we have our air booked by now, but that will also wait. My husband doesn't think we will be able to cruise this winter. That will make a very long and cold season. Ugh! We also have a May cruise which does mostly Greece. I hope we will be able to take it.

Here, everything is opening up and yesterday, I noticed a surge in new cases. It ain't over yet.

If our January 26th sailing Auckland to Melbourne sails we will be on it. By then it will be a year and a half in the planning. We have everything booked so the only way we don't go is if New Zealand and Australia don't allow it.

26 minutes ago, babylene said:

Although we cancelled our Oct/20 cruise, we are still holding our Jan/Feb reservations. We will decide at the time that full payment is due.  Usually we have our air booked by now, but that will also wait. My husband doesn't think we will be able to cruise this winter. That will make a very long and cold season. Ugh! We also have a May cruise which does mostly Greece. I hope we will be able to take it.

Here, everything is opening up and yesterday, I noticed a surge in new cases. It ain't over yet.

It Ain't Over Until The Fat Lady Get's Vaccinated.😃

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

We have Jan 2021 New Zealand and Australia. Currently have no intentions of going. 

We have a March 2021 New Zealand cruise with Celebrity that we will cancel at some point. I dont plan on cruising until June 2021, an Alaska cruise. If friends from England cancel we might cancel also. I might fly 2 hours with a mask, but 12 to 17 hours no way. 

At this time we plan to cancel our South American Azamara cruise for December and our Constellation sailing in February 2021 assuming cruising does not resume in some fashion before either final payment. We had an Edge cruise (March) canceled and a Summit cruise canceled (June cruise cancelled in April) and are still waiting on refunds. I'm not going to give the cruise lines any more of my money until I get back what I'm owed. I didn't listen to my gut when I made the final payment for Summit and I wont be making that mistake again. While I also recognize cruising will probably be in flux once it resumes I would also want to have some idea of what it will look like. I can't wait to cruise again, but cruising with a mask, etc. is not my idea of a relaxing vacation.

Edited by prim8keeper

I have an Apex 1/30/21 cruise with final payment due at the beginning of November. However, we will probably lift and shift to Jan 2022. Prices are $1500 higher in 2022 so it’s a good deal to L&S rather than take any FCC and use that. Need to decide by 8/1 I unless they extend that date. 

If things are better than I think think they will be by January 2021, I’m sure we can find a ship to jump on.   

mac_tlc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladyjane550 said:

This is the first time in 10 years we do not have our annual "relaxation after the holidays" January cruise booked!!

7 hours ago, ladyjane550 said:

So far no cancellation and no lift and shift.  Hoping Connie is still in the fleet and we are allowed to board with a gen health check

We will look for a back up later in 2021 but will never get the same deal or Tampa as an embarcation port .