Are vaccines the light at the end of the tunnel?

Ken the cruiser

4 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

You know, it may be a kid. Did you notice the spelling?

I caught the spelling, too. He drives a lot and has been on a "plain". Heck, I grew up on the plains but didn't fly until I was older. Might be a repeat troll - others that had spelling and grammar errors went silent but news ones showed up.

52 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

It is called trolling. When they said they don't wear seatbelts it was obvious. Probably none that they posted is true. Likely they are vaccinated.  

Calling him a Troll is too nice, I put him in my What a Moron category. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KWW88 said:

I am new here, but from reading the posts, seems to me that this farmer person, enjoys getting folks riled up with his nonsense.

This late in the Pandemic, I don’t think any of us get ‘riled up’ over such silliness. We’ve heard and read those that don’t understand basic science or safe community  health practices.

And we know someone who says they don’t wear masks and says they take planes is lying. Just part the game they want to play. 

den

4 hours ago, cantstopingcruising said:

You say you are a retailer. I am surprised that you are not losing customers. I wouldn't enter a store where there are unmasked people. Nor would anyone else that I know.

I don't want to attack you personally. But I do think you have issues.

That is the difference of where you live and the people you associate with vs where I live and my customers.  Our hardware business was up 32% last year, partly because of my business practices and not treating my customers or employees like they have leprosy.  So far this year our sales are up 6%.

So just because I don't think or act like you I have issues?  Ok.  

12 minutes ago, farmermd said:

That is the difference of where you live and the people you associate with vs where I live and my customers.  Our hardware business was up 32% last year, partly because of my business practices and not treating my customers or employees like they have leprosy.  So far this year our sales are up 6%.

So just because I don't think or act like you I have issues?  Ok.  

LOL Farmer I've always been amazed that the people who label themselves tolerant always seem to extrude the exact opposite behavior.

I respect you for for having the gumption and fortitude to stand for your beliefs.

Edited by need2cruisesoon
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

As someone who worked in ER/A&E in the UK in the 80s I can tell you that it made a massive difference to mortality rates. Used to spend hours picking glass out of peoples faces and resuscitating the young and old in trauma calls. When the vast majority started wearing seatbelts, combined with safer cars, ER became a little boring with very little trauma. No guns so no gun trauma either.

Let's take it a step further - no cars no trauma either.  No alcohol no trauma either.  No knives no trauma either.

9 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Face masks are for the benefit of other people not yourself.

In my job as a farmer, I use N95 masks when working in dusty grain silos.  That is not to protect anyone around me - that is to keep the dust out of my lungs.  I know how N95 masks work.  The jury is still out on any other face masks in relation to Wuhan - ie homemade, surgical, bandanas, neck gators etc.  If masks and distancing worked, we would not have seen the surges we had here in the US that last 4 months since studies and surveys have shown we had 90%+ compliance.  

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

It is called trolling. When they said they don't wear seatbelts it was obvious. Probably none that they posted is true. Likely they are vaccinated.  

I am not trolling.  I am expressing my opinions/views/real world experiences like everyone else on this forum.  Everything I've said is true.  And I am not vaccinated.  

1 hour ago, cantstopingcruising said:

You know, it may be a kid. Did you notice the spelling?

Nope not a kid - you can search for my cruise reviews here on this site over the years.  iPad is not friendly to my fat fingers.  

29 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

This late in the Pandemic, I don’t think any of us get ‘riled up’ over such silliness. We’ve heard and read those that don’t understand basic science or safe community  health practices.

And we know someone who says they don’t wear masks and says they take planes is lying. Just part the game they want to play. 

den

Masks on planes did not become mandatory until months into this "pandemic".  Some of us did continue to travel even though our government officials discouraged it. 

11 minutes ago, need2cruisesoon said:

LOL Farmer I've always been amazed that the people who call themselves tolerant always seem to extrude the exact opposite behavior.

I respect you for for having the gumption and fortitude to stand for your beliefs.

Thx - part of the problem IMO is people are not standing up for what they believe in.  As I stated in another thread, I put my money where my mouth is.  My local health department took me and my business to court over mask mandates.  I won.  I stood up for my employees and my beliefs and proved to the health department I was right.  

1 minute ago, farmermd said:

Masks on planes did not become mandatory until months into this "pandemic".  Some of us did continue to travel even though our government officials discouraged it. 

quite certain you've made your point.  No vaccine for you, fly on "plains" unmasked, business open for business as usual...

• Like 4

Can we agree to leave out the continued back and forth discussions on topics far afield? The earlier disagreements were about the vax, but now it is regurgitating the same comments on masks as dozens of other threads.

I would prefer to see this thread locked rather than taken down. It has lots of info that will be of interest to many people.

And to the anti-vaxxers: Can you please simply let vaxxers make their own choices the way you claim you want to make yours?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, farmermd said:

Thx - part of the problem IMO is people are not standing up for what they believe in.  

...... And what problem would that be?  Because world pandemics have been controlled and/or cured by people who stand against the science in stubbornness and do whatever the opposite is of whatever doctors, scientists, immunologosts agree on and recommend? On most parts of planet Earth that IS the problem ....... Come to the hospital where I work and feel free to go into an isolation room with a covid patient on a vent and tell them your approach ...... Tell them to stand up for what they believe in. 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

It's a long tunnel. As of 2 April, 83% of the American population are not fully vaccinated.

Average is about 3 million doses a day being given out, so I suspect that percentage is going to drop significantly and quickly.

17 hours ago, farmermd said:

This poster keeps throwing around misleading information. Most major airlines required masks 01 May 2020. 

https://www.afar.com/magazine/face-masks-now-required-provided-on-these-us-airlines  

whats the point except to ‘have fun’ at the expense of people’s health. Don’t wear a mask - I’ll avoid you. Don’t get vaccinated - I’ll not have to be concerned you are on a cruise with me. Make everything a political divide and I’ll keep conversations at the level of exchanging pleasantries......from across the room, not on a cruise ship!

as this Pandemic subsides because of the rational actions of the great majority of us, the result will be all are protected, even those who enjoy their little game. 

den

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

It's a long tunnel. As of 2 April, 83% of the American population are not fully vaccinated.

As of today, 26% of the people in my state are fully vaccinated, and 41% have at least one dose.  We are administering 90% of the vaccine that passes into the state.  New cases have stabilized to levels last seen in September.  Not all tunnels are equal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

% of Total Population

one dose 32%

fully vaccinated 18.5%

Population ≥ 18 Years of Age

% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age

one dose 40.2%

fully vaccinated 23.2%

Population ≥ 65 Years of Age

% of Population ≥ 65 Years of Age

one dose 75.1%

fully vaccinated 54.8%

Vaccination rate about 3 million per day.  One dose provides a significant amount of protection.

Also, considering the rate of vaccination, by July 240,000,000 more doses will be administered.  Vaccinating all those that choose to do so.  Of course, children under 16 vaccines haven't been approved, but that is not far away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1