If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Maybe you better get a phone or a tablet. You don’t need cell, only WiFi. It is not that you can’t do it. You have the choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Were I live is rural. A village. Google that village that lost it's broadband every day because of an old TV set and you will understand. it is hard line cable and broadband for the internet and routers plugged into the computer. I don't think there is any wifi around here. If there is I would not have a clue how to access it. It is beyond my technical knowhow. If i wish to send a text message I have go to outside my house and walk about a 3rd of mile to get a decent signal.

Edited by ace2542

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If i wish to send a text message I have go to outside my house and walk about a 3rd of mile to get a decent signal.

You may want to invest in WiFi in the house and WiFi calling.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Anyone can use a tablet like an iPad or other brand of tablet. And they are not expensive. You obviously have internet and some connected device. There is internet on ships.

I have a PC computer with a tower, no tablet no ipad nothing. I have broadband and it is connected by a cable to the router which is connected to the phone which is connected to the mains power supply.

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You may want to invest in WiFi in the house and WiFi calling.

I like it the way it is. It works. I turn the computer and hit google and it works that is all I know. We have the internet for the PC to use google and stream tv shows. People want to talk to me on the phone they ring the house and i meet them or make arrangements and keep as people used to do before cellphones came out.

I am sure we will figure something out if we need to.

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

People want to talk to me on the phone they ring the house and i meet them or make arrangements and keep as people used to do before cellphones came out.

Just suggesting a solution which would save you having to walk 1/3 mile to send/receive a text.

I have a PC computer with a tower, no tablet no ipad nothing. I have broadband and it is connected by a cable to the router which is connected to the phone which is connected to the mains power supply.

Most routers do WiFi. You could have it and not know it. If not you can get a router that does WiFi. Routers and tablets can be obtained inexpensively. With the ocean voyages you have planned a tablet would be a worthwhile purchase and make things a lot easier.

6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Further, if we have suffered 210K deaths as of yesterday, 329,790,000 people in the US have not died from the virus.

I take it you don't have a loved one who has died!  If you did, you wouldn't be so cavalier with numbers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Testing will be useless when it comes to cruising. Steven Miller tested positive on his fifth day of isolation after testing negative the previous 4. I'm now convinced no cruises until next summer. The only way I get convinced otherwise is when I see ships leaving port with paying passengers on it. 

There is some truth to this!

Testing on day of cruise or 72 hours before travel only validates at that specific time you are negative.  Negative DOES NOT mean you didn't get exposed, aren't harboring the virus at low numbers not enough to generate a positive but enough to re-infect others.

That is why there is why to stop spread and drive the infection to 0 two steps are required

1) Test anyone-everyone that is of risk for having been exposed

2) Quarantine - Isolate for 14 days 

3) Test again at the end of quarantine 

That is why also contact tracing is critical as well, you need to identify anyone and everyone that came in contact with known infected and get them tested and quarantined if you want to get to a 0 infection and stomp this bug

By 2023-2024 we'll look back at this FUBAR and relish with new appreciation the good life and the sacrifices of the many millions that died prematurely 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ljason913 said:

i don't want to be the first guinea pig.i will wait a bit than decide to get the vaccine if its safe.to much rushing at the moment and political propaganda and agenda.

The rushing of the vaccine is indeed worrisome, the anti-vaccine are now being joined by the cautions-conservatives in their skepticism.  The combination of these two will result in a large enough % not choosing vaccination combined with likely less than best efficacy of the first generation of vaccines to cause this Pandemic to go far longer than it needs to.

A good mitigation/containment of this pandemic can't rely only on vaccine.  Some countries like New Zealand seems to show it is possible as is places like Taiwan.

On 10/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, the more ports the better said:

This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

To have the antibodies doesn't mean you won't get infected, it means antibody has already active antibodies and likely a far faster and better chance at fighting it.    Nature will run it's course, your body will fight it and with far higher probability of beating it back before it can multiply and overwhelm your body.   One risk for any vaccine is that fine balance between getting the immune system to respond with minimal downside of the actual disease, funny balance the best way to get immune is exposure.   The staying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger has merit, LOL

The studies have still not shown evidence beyond getting a positive response.  Until we see mass vaccination and a drop in infection rate and most important death rate will we have any proof of efficacy.   This data will take widepread vaccination, and a lot of situational studies where we can evaluate infection and death rate decline.  This will take a long time...  

Till the above the continued approach by some countries like Taiwan or New Zealand or China where testing/containment is wide spread will rebound far faster than countries that discount any testing-containment strategy.

2 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I will get the vaccine and don't believe any dangerous "rushing" has gone on. Thousands of people are participating in the trials.

I am in the same camp, waited for an extra hour even with appointment to get my flu this week too.

But remember a few decades ago drinking, smoking etc... and a long list of things like eating processed foods were done by millions before it was discovered not so good for you, LOL

Edited by chipmaster

On 10/6/2020 at 12:42 PM, ace2542 said:

People will get the "tetanus arm" effect unfortunately as you are having a needle stuck into your arm and kept there for a few seconds and you may move a little bit as a result so it and prods around a bit. Sadly  that magical needleless injector off star trek that even works through clothing has not been invented yet! 😁

Actually researchers at MIT have developed a needless injector that is now coming on market. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Does it work through your clothing?

Not currently meant to (I guess there could potentially be contamination issues if going through clothing), device is placed against skin and substance (liquid or powder) is delivered under skin at targeted depth.  

On 10/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, the more ports the better said:

This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

First let me thank you for being one of the test studies.   I had been contacted twice in June to volunteer and I declined for a couple of reasons.

What surprises me is you are allowed to discuss on a public forum like this.  My DH was part of a major test study in the us a couple years ago and we both had to sign several legal documents that we would not discuss anywhere even with immediate family members.  To do this date I'm not sure I'm allowed.

I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you.   Thank you!

Edited by Sunshine3601

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

First let me thank you for being one of the test studies.   I had been contacted twice in June to volunteer and I declined for a couple of reasons.

What surprises me is you are allowed to discuss on a public forum like this.  My DH was part of a major test study in the us a couple years ago and we both had to sign several legal documents that we would not discuss anywhere even with immediate family members.  To do this date I'm not sure I'm allowed.

I'm glad to hear everything is working out for you.   Thank you!

The poster is anonymous so "allowed" really isn't an issue and hard to track.  My DH tried to volunteer for the latest trials (he's 63 and type II diabetic) but they had already had enough come forward.  There are a lot of selfless people who still think of the greater good which is a good thing.  Too many have fear of something because they listen to slanted information.  No one has been able to tell me what they think the long term effects will be.  They just post the "I don't know what the long term affects will be" crap.  What's the long term affect of life?  Death eventually of course.  Other health issues, etc.  Those that took the polio vaccine among others had no idea what the outcome would be but they wanted to protect their children.  It's called putting others before yourself.