Very cautious but desperate to cruise

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We use a Hayword TCell 15. Amazon is cheaper than the pool store. 

Hayward W3T-Cell-15 TurboCell Salt Chlorination Cell for In-Ground Swimming Pools https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SQ2NLCF/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_i_VLgkFbSSZNQYJ

We also had Hayward, 3 of them...each one lasted over 5 years, one got fried with a power surge so we then got a power surge protector for our water well pump house that had our electrics in it.  Amazon again!

• Like 1

Based on the results of the few ships that have tried to start sailing again, I don’t see mainstream cruise lines sailing at least from the US until there is a reliable vaccine and you prove you have had it to board.

So what do you expect.  The flu vaccine does not work for everyone, why would you think a Corona vaccine would work for everyone.  I am ready to get on a ship and have a good time.  Will I get sick, not sure but I do not believe a vaccine will keep everyone from getting sick.  If you are afraid of sailing then stay home but I am getting tired of everyone telling me what and how I should live my life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Based on the results of the few ships that have tried to start sailing again, I don’t see mainstream cruise lines sailing at least from the US until there is a reliable vaccine and you prove you have had it to board.

So what do you expect.  The flu vaccine does not work for everyone, why would you think a Corona vaccine would work for everyone.  I am ready to get on a ship and have a good time.  Will I get sick, not sure but I do not believe a vaccine will keep everyone from getting sick.  If you are afraid of sailing then stay home but I am getting tired of everyone telling me what and how I should live my life.

Flu vaccine is different because there are many different strains of flu.

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

You want to be back on the water then go buy a boat - seriously, I'm tired of people who are making light of this virus and the impact it is having on all aspects of our lives.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mek said:

You want to be back on the water then go buy a boat - seriously, I'm tired of people who are making light of this virus and the impact it is having on all aspects of our lives.  

+1

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

So....

§1: Cruises won’t sail until there is a “reliable vaccine”

§2: You don’t believe that there will be a reliable vaccine, yet you plan on sailing anyway

I’m having a difficult time understanding any logic in this. 

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

Flu vaccine is different because there are many different strains of flu.

There is also some herd immunity based on the fact that a lot of people get the vaccine.

Look at the statistics for all the viruses that have hit America.  This is not one of the most deadly.  I am not taking this lightly, but at what point in time do we start to live our lives again.  I had a niece who got the flu vaccine and died, I had a friend who died from Corona, I had a friend who got the virus and got over it, I have a friend who got sick and then got well.  There will never be a vaccine that is guaranteed to make everyone stay healthy.  If you believe the media, the Corona virus has evolved and is not the same virus that started.  How is this any different than the flu.  I also have many friends who have lost their business because they cannot open their store.  Is this fair to them and who will make their life whole again.  If you are afraid to go out then stay home.  If you are afraid to cruise then don't.  But then do not push your fears and concerns on me.  I know the risks and if I am willing to take the risk it is my choice.  So OXO I am tired of people telling me what I can and cannot do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lovescats5 said:

Look at the statistics for all the viruses that have hit America.  This is not one of the most deadly.  I am not taking this lightly, but at what point in time do we start to live our lives again.  I had a niece who got the flu vaccine and died, I had a friend who died from Corona, I had a friend who got the virus and got over it, I have a friend who got sick and then got well.  There will never be a vaccine that is guaranteed to make everyone stay healthy.  If you believe the media, the Corona virus has evolved and is not the same virus that started.  How is this any different than the flu.  I also have many friends who have lost their business because they cannot open their store.  Is this fair to them and who will make their life whole again.  If you are afraid to go out then stay home.  If you are afraid to cruise then don't.  But then do not push your fears and concerns on me.  I know the risks and if I am willing to take the risk it is my choice.  So OXO I am tired of people telling me what I can and cannot do.

Nobody cares if you want to go out and take a chance of catching the virus and getting terribly sick and maybe die. It’s a communicatcble disease so if you want to bring it home to your family, friends and neighbors, that’s fine also. The problem is you can also pass it on to strangers, who then spread it on to others and it keeps on being passed on and on. It’s the “me” era where the feeling is, if it makes me feel better, the hell with everybody else. You fit in nicely. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

99.7% chance of surviving Corona Virus, which is way better odds than almost any thing that can kill me

So, I will be back on a cruise ship as soon as I can, and will happily adhere to all the policies I am asked to

9 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

I am tired of people telling me what I can and cannot do.

The CDC, a department the government, is stopping you from going on a cruise.  Good luck in changing their process. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Most people on CC refer to Manhattan as NYC

Most people on Long Island assume you are going to Manhattan when you tell them you are going to the city. Manhattan is thought of as tourism and business. The other boroughs are thought of as residential. 

• Like 2

grandgeezer...I have taken care of my parents, I have taken care of my husbands parents, I am taking care of my granddaughter (13) because her dad can only find work in another state.  So I am not a "me" person.  If you are uncomfortable going out then stay home.  If you believe the news, everyone will eventually be exposed to Corona.  So if it is not me then it will be someone else.  I could call you a "me" person also as you want everyone to toe the line and keep you safe.  I find it funny that we are suppose to wear masks unless we eat while we are shopping, then you don't need to wear it.  We wear a mask to go to the orthodontist but take it off because they cannot work on your teeth with the mask on.  I wore a mask to get my eyes checked but then had to take it off for one of the eye exams.  So...what difference did it make to wear a mask.

2 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Where do you get this statistic?

The figures are readily available all over the world in newspapers, government websites, the internet etc.

They are very easy to find and very simple to analyse

In the UK, where our economy has been decimated for generations to come, only around 500 people have died under the age of 45 (population over 70million). Almost all deaths have been elderly, infirm or with underlying health issues

• Like 1

Just now, compman9 said:

The figures are readily available all over the world in newspapers, government websites, the internet etc.

In the UK, where our economy has been decimated for generations to come, only around 500 people have died under the age of 45 (population over 70million). Almost all deaths have been elderly, infirm or with underlying health issues

The post I was responding to did not mention age.

On 8/3/2020 at 8:25 AM, John&LaLa said:

That doesn't speak well of Manhattan 

What about the crazy lady- not from NY who liked the stores outside door?  and the lady in a staples who injured a disabled senior citizen?  Unfortunately mental illness is all too common!  So many people who aren't practicing social distancing and not wearing masks-  

They really do not care about anybody else and do not understand scientific evidence.  So sad.  What is wrong with our citizens?

Edited by Cruise a holic

22 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I think to only focus on the death stats is a huge mistake.

There are dozens of long term effects being suffered by millions of people worldwide.  Alive, yes, but with extensively decreased lung function. Permanent heart damage.  Permanent kidney damage. Strokes.  Embolisms.  Blood clots. Neurocognative effects.

And, BTW, a large percentage of these long-term effects plague the very people you tout as doing fine, under the age of 45.  People who may have to live with these effects for 30-40-50 years.

Edited by ECCruise
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

There are dozens of long term effects being suffered by millions of people worldwide.  Alive, yes, but with extensively decreased lung function. Permanent heart damage.  Permanent kidney damage. Strokes.  Embolisms.  Blood clots. Neurocognative effects.

And, BTW, a large percentage of these long-term effects plague the very people you tout as doing fine, under the age of 45.

That's a great point.  I think that's something that people tend to lose sight of.  It's not just about how many people have died, or how many are in the hospital at the moment.  There's a lot of unknowns regarding long-term effects from this virus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

And, BTW, a large percentage of these long-term effects plague the very people you tout as doing fine, under the age of 45.  People who may have to live with these effects for 30-40-50 years.

It's way to early to state these things as facts.  Period.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2