RCI Perks

Has anyone ever received a perk when  booking a  RC cruise???     We have been cruising around 15 years and have  booked three RCI cruses and have not been offered any perks. I don't  remember ever seeing them offer perks when booking. Someone posted they booked with a reduced deposit but I have not seen that. 

Just wondering ..

2 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Someone posted they booked with a reduced deposit but I have not seen that. 

The reduced deposit is available when you book on board a ship (and a few times in markets outside of US). TAs have various perks they may offer, but RCI has very few of their own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dplusd said:

The perks we receive are from loyalty (Diamond) and from TA's when we transfer our booking to them.  On occasions we have receive and additional discount for Senior or state residency.  

I’ve noticed the senior and state residency have become fewer in the recent past.  Also they stopped combining them - so if you get a bigger discount by being Diamond you will not receive any additional discounts.  Usually the Diamond balcony discount has been the best combined with TA offers, in my experience. 

44 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I’ve noticed the senior and state residency have become fewer in the recent past.  Also they stopped combining them - so if you get a bigger discount by being Diamond you will not receive any additional discounts.  Usually the Diamond balcony discount has been the best combined with TA offers, in my experience. 

Seniors and residence can  definitely combined with C&A discounts.  It is the instant savings or OBC promos that cannot be combined with the balcony discount

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seniors and residence can  definitely combined with C&A discounts.  It is the instant savings or OBC promos that cannot be combined with the balcony discount

I see.  Thanks for the info.  The last cruises I’ve taken haven’t offered Fl residents rates.  I wonder how this plays out when cruising resumes.  If they are going to cater to the “diving to port” crowd it seems the would offer an incentive.  

6 hours ago, deliver42 said:

I've never gotten any perks from RCCL. I guess they feel they don't have to offer them to get people to sail. They're right in my case.

Gosh, that seems odd to me, unless you have not that many cruises with them.   Off the top of my head, we get free drinks,  free wifi, free laundry (that might be Celebrity - can't remember), $$ OBC, and early boarding. 

We've always receive the reduced deposit and OBC from RC for booking a Future Cruise while onboard. Then I transfer the booking to a TA and the TA will give us paid gratuities and an additional OBC. But that all may change for future bookings when and if cruising resumes. 🤔

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We've always receive the reduced deposit and OBC from RC for booking a Future Cruise while onboard. Then I transfer the booking to a TA and the TA will give us paid gratuities and an additional OBC. But that all may change for future bookings when and if cruising resumes. 🤔

Same here

19 hours ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Has anyone ever received a perk when  booking a  RC cruise???     We have been cruising around 15 years and have  booked three RCI cruses and have not been offered any perks. I don't  remember ever seeing them offer perks when booking. Someone posted they booked with a reduced deposit but I have not seen that. 

Just wondering ..

The only perk I get with either Royal or Carnival is a nominal on board credit when booking, usually at the $50 mark. I tend to get perks above and beyond a basic OBC with NCL and Celebrity. I did receive a bottle of champagne and a free specialty meal when I cruised on the Oasis but those were from of our travel agent, not the cruise line.

The cruise we were due to take in March with Royal had no incentives. All the cruises I am looking at using my FCC on are also being offered with no incentives. I do not count their sales promotion claims to be a perk.

The Big Box TA always has RCCL specials with bonus perks.  Right now they have a K***land Signature special on the Oasis Western Caribbean itineraries.  The double asterisked items are per person, so you actually get four.  We gave away one of our certificates, because it was only the two of us:

• One specialty dining experience at Giovanni’s Table or Chops Grille for up to four guests**

• Onboard soda package for two**

• Lunch or dinner at Johnny Rockets® for up to four guests**

• One spa experience: Choose from three rejuvenating spa experiences to enjoy during your cruise. La Therapie hydrolift facial, Swedish massage or reflexology including massage (one per stateroom)**

On 8/16/2020 at 6:49 AM, livingonthebeach said:

We got a pretty nice senior rate on our B2B cruises booked for March 2021....We did a L/S to March 2022 and that discount came right along with us as protected.

• Like 2