When are you booked to cruise? Do you think it will happen?

suec12

We are booked for early May 2021 - Italy,  Greece, Turkey - a rebooking of a similar trip we had booked for May 2020. I so want to go but the longer this goes on, I'm not too sure about 2021 being very robust for cruising. What do you think?

We have a December Caribbean cruise booked with Celebrity that we will be cancelling this week before final payment.  Next one is late April, Pacific Coastal (hope that one happens, as several CC friends are booked also) but won't be too surprised if it doesn't.  The ones I have highest hopes for are 2 Med cruises in Sept-Nov 2021.

After our cancelled cruise of this July I made a completely new booking (totally different itinerary on another cruise line) in July 2022. I figured if by then we still are not able to sail then cruising is definitely over forever. HAL lost me this time as the cruise I had book does not seem to be repeated exactly the same except for one time in 2021 and the timing is just bad - both from a perspective of when we believe cruising will restart and from my work schedule.

September 2021 Boston-Montreal-Boston.   We originally had booked Norway for June 2020, but that got cancelled.   Then we booked Montreal-Ft. Lauderdale for September 2021, but that was cancelled when HAL sold the Rotterdam.  But, we got double our deposit in FCC.   So, if the next one gets cancelled, perhaps the same will happen.  In that case, they may end up paying me to cruise.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It is really a two part question.  Will the cruise happen?  Will you go?  No real data yet for either of these questions. Especially when one considers a final payment date in March or so for a May cruise.

Edited by iancal

8 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

September 2021. 
Hopeful. I haven’t even given my info to @kazu, so I do not jinx myself.😷

LOL I hear you.  I would like to think the Fall will be safe but who knows?

I do have a cruise picked but sheesh I am still waiting for airline refunds, trip insurance and haven’t seen the supposed promised HAl FCC yet so until that happens and I get a feeling on how this is going, I haven’t officially booked.

I think we really need to see how the next few months go.  I know I am stocking up in case of a second wave.  And we are in a supposedly safe area. 😥😪

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, kazu said:

LOL I hear you.  I would like to think the Fall will be safe but who knows?

I do have a cruise picked but sheesh I am still waiting for airline refunds, trip insurance and haven’t seen the supposed promised HAl FCC yet so until that happens and I get a feeling on how this is going, I haven’t officially booked.

I think we really need to see how the next few months go.  I know I am stocking up in case of a second wave.  And we are in a supposedly safe area. 😥😪

I feel so badly every time a new wave of cancellations hit. I can only imagine how much work you put in to creating and updating your future cruise list . Thank you, Jacqui.

And since I live in the state that just has thrown caution to the wind, we are still on our first, never ending wave.

Not holding my breath, but we are booked to sail in February 2021. Since this cruise will be on MSC, I’m closely watching as MSC restarts sailing this week in the Mediterranean aboard the MSC Grandiosa. If successful, hopefully they will bring those procedures and protocols to this side of the Atlantic, which will make my next cruise a reality. 

6 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Mid- March, 2021.  I say its 50-50....   Hoping for the best though.

We are also mid-March but not as optimistic, maybe 20% that it will go.  If it does though I am concerned about the experience.

April 2021 with Carnival to Bermuda.  Whether it goes depends on whether Bermuda allows cruises. Whether we go depends on what requirements Bermuda imposes.

May 2021, HAL, Boston to Montreal.  Whether it goes depends on the Canada opening ports.  Whether we go depends on what requirements Canada imposes.